• Published 10th Oct 2020
  • 5,139 Views, 82 Comments

The Pony Guard: Return of the Elements and the Roar - MXCDarkHorse2020



The Lion Guard find themselves in Equestria where they meet new friends who bear the Elements of Harmony who together present a special bond and powerful team destined to protect both Equestria and the Pride Lands.

  • ...
2
 82
 5,139

Search and Detour

Search and Detour


Back in the Pride Lands, Simba and Nala both are running as fast as their paws and legs could carry them as they make their way through the kingdom and towards the Backlands with Timon and Pumbaa following close behind them.

“Kion! Kion!” Simba called out as he looked around jumping onto high rocks.

“Kion! Where are you?!” Nala called out as she climbed up on one of the tree and leaped onto another tree as she looked up top to get a better view before returning to the ground in front of her husband.

“Bunga! Bunga! Where are you?!” Pumbaa called out as he poked his head through a few logs while Timon searched through the holes that only he can fit through before popping his head back out.

“Where’s our boy?!” Timon asked as he called out to the sky with his voice echoing. “BUNGA!”

“Any luck?” Simba asked looking a little frantic.

“No, I even looked around nearby atop the tallest trees.” Nala replied just as worried. “Our boy’s not in sight.”

“But this doesn’t make sense? It’s only been a few hours since I saw him. He couldn’t have gotten farther than here.” Simba wondered how this is possible thinking they would have caught up to him by now. “Unless…” He then thought.

“No!” Nala gasped in horror as she comes to the same conclusion.

“Well, well, well…” A voice called out from the shadows. “What have we here.”

The voice appearing from the shadows of the nearby bushes is a leopard with a stocky and muscular build, a lemon-colored fur coat, with brown spots and black lining surrounding them, a white and black stripped tail, and green eyes similar to Scar’s.

“If it isn’t the king and queen of the Pride Lands.” The leopard sinisterly greeted the four. “Along with a couple of snacks.” He added in the meerkat and warthog’s direction with a slasher grin.

“AAAHHH!” Timon and Pumbaa screamed as they cowered behind Simba and Nala as the former has an aggressive stance ready to pounce on the leopard should he try to attack.

“Who are you?” Simba coldly asked of the leopard. “And what have you done with our son?”

Simba bared his claws as he growled and gritted his teeth ready for a fight along with Nala although she looked a little concerned at Simba as he looked a little more aggressive as if he was just about to lose it.

“Name’s Makucha, lion.” The leopard returned as he looked confident about his chances. “And it’s time you two leave before I make an example out of you.”

“What did you do to our boy?!” Simba demanded with controlled fury.

“Your boy?” Makucha questioned looking a little confused by that question. “Don’t know what you’re talking about?”

“Sure you do!” Simba refused to listen to him. “Murderer!”

“Murderer me?” Makucha asked with faux innocence and mockery in his tone. “I did no such thing.”

Simba not having it roars loudly which causes the leopard to have widen-eyed surprise but still maintained his composure at the angered lion king.

“Don’t make this worse for yourself.” Simba again said in his icy cold tone as he slowly approaches him with a snarl. “What did you do to him?!”

“I already told you I didn’t come across your son!” The leopard then said defensively and more seriously. “I haven’t even seen him come by here?”

“What?” Nala asked in disbelief hearing this yet isn’t sure if he is telling the truth this time while Timon and Pumbaa are still cowering behind the two lions get a good look at the leopard’s face and see no trace of blood on him but couldn’t really speak up to Simba as he is too enraged to listen.

“Fine.” Simba accepted that he is not going to comply with his demands. “Then you leave me no choice.”

Simba then slowly approaches the leopard as he circles around him as the latter stands his ground in preparation as the former leaps up and attacks the leopard by pouncing on him before the two break apart after a few seconds of tumbling on the grass.

Simba then makes a move as he and Makucha trade slaps with their bared claws. Makucha growled as they continued to trade blows as Simba’s wife and friends look a little concerned for his well-being as the former gaining the upper hand in their fight is being a little more aggressive than usual.

Simba then finally takes down the leopard with a very hard swipe to face which knocks him down to the ground and taking him out of the fight. He then approaches the leopard who can only look up at him defiantly as he raises his claw one final time to finish him off. But before he could do so a bright flash of light appeared behind him which left Makucha looked up in shock and looking really dumbfounded by what he is seeing before wisely using this opportunity to make a run for it while he still can.

Confused of why he waited until now to run away, Simba then turned around wondering what the bright flash of light is and finds himself along with shielding his eyes along with Nala, Timon, and Pumbaa as said light shines through as a figure appears from the bright flashing portal created with magic. It was an female alicorn with a white fur coat, a very long horn and a sparkling flowing mane and tail consisting of three colors, green, blue, and pink that floats on it's own, a sun-shaped cutie mark on her flank, wearing a golden crown and necklace with purple jewels with matching slippers, and pink eyes. Her name was Princess Celestia, the majestic sun monarch herself.

As the alicorn flew down as the bright flash behind her diminished all four were left stunned and surprised by the appearance of this majestic pony who stands tall and just above the lion king’s eye level. She looked silently relieved that he appeared when she did. It was as almost as if she witnessed his fight with the leopard who had just fled.

“What?” Simba first asked her in astonishment.

“My apologies for the surprising welcome…” The alicorn started off. “…But I felt my intervention was necessary to keep you from making a decision you’ll regret.”

“You mean with Makucha?” Simba asked if that’s what she was referring to.

“Yes.” The alicorn princess replied with a nod as she works her magic to show him of his fight with the leopard just moments beforehand leaving the others amazed of her magical abilities. “Because even though he would have had it coming, it wouldn’t have done any good for your well-being and cause you to descend a path of darkness.”

“What do you mean?” Simba asked why it would while the others have a pretty good idea why.

“Because if you had killed that leopard you would become no better than him by doing so, especially since he did not take your son’s life.” The white alicorn further went on as she looks into the lion’s eyes as he looks surprised hearing that.

“But how would you know that?” Nala asked her while feeling relieved hearing that he is okay. “And are you also saying that our boy is still alive?”

“Yes.” Celestia answered. “For you see, I was the one who created the portal that teleported him away from here.”

“Really?” Simba asked while feeling somewhat relieved but not completely as the ultimate question on every worried parent’s mind is still buzzing inside. “Is he okay?”

“He’s fine.” Celestia assured them. “He’s actually helping a student of mine on an important mission?”

“What kind of mission?” Pumbaa asked before remembering to bow while clasping his hooves into Celestia’s left hoof while repeatedly kissing it. “Your majesty.”

“Pumbaa!” Simba somewhat grossly scolded him to stop to which he immediately backs off as Celestia with a somewhat forced smile politely pulls her hoof back while clearing her throat before continuing.

“Still gotta kiss up to royalty?” Timon asked his partner in annoyance as the latter simply gives an embarrassed shrug.

“As I was saying…” Celestia said as got back on track to what she was talking about. “Your son Kion is fine and currently helping my protégé and her new friends in dealing with an important mission that rests on the balance of the kingdom in Equestria and my beloved sister.”

“A mission that is putting lives on the line including our son when you have the power to be able to stop them?” Simba asked sounding concerned and confused of some of Celestia’s choices.

“Why?” Nala asked in disbelief as she agrees somewhat with Simba’s disbelief over sending their son on a life-threatening mission to save her kingdom.

“Don’t worry. I have no doubt that they will succeed in their task and if all goes according to plan then Equestria will be safe and I will finally be able to reunite with my sister.” Celestia placed her faith in both Kion and Twilight along with their friends.

“Save Equestria and your sister from what?” Timon asked in a deadpan tone. “An evil look-alike pony.”

“Perhaps it is best that we head on over to where they are so you all can get a better understanding of what I am talking about.” The white alicorn offered with a gesture as she uses her horn to create a portal for all five of them to walk through to which they all with some reluctance about what they are seeing but seeing that she is the only one who knows about Kion and Bunga’s well-being decide to follow her with no choice in the matter as the two lions, warthog, and meerkat all travel to Equestria in the speed of light.

“Huh?” Simba said out loud as he walks through before being sucked in.

“Whoa?” Nala said as she slips inside as she is sucked in another with her husband.

“Germano!” Pumbaa shouted as he dove into the portal.

“We’re coming Bunga!” Timon shouted as he clinged on for dear life onto his companion as Celestia follows after them with the portal closed up just seconds after they had all left the Pride Lands.

As soon as they all had left, a golden zebra with matching stripes and blue eyes came running by leading her herd of zebras as they looked around for the source of the bright flash of light they had just saw. This particular zebra was the only one that had golden stripes on her body unlike the rest of her herd who all had black and white stripes on their bodies.

“Where is it?” One of the female black and white stripped zebras asked their leader who looks just as confused.

“Could have sworn it came from over here.” Another lady zebra pondered the same thought as their leader looks around too. “Dhahabu, what do you think?”

“I don’t know…” She replied just as lost as everyone else. “But whatever it was it must have been some magical phenomenon that we had just missed.”

“Awww.” All of the other zebras said in disappointment as they all head on by to their grazing grounds unaware of the great sight to behold was just seconds out of their eyesight.

Author's Note:

In this part, the search for both Kion and Bunga continues outside of the Pride Lands into the Back Lands as they meet with a familar face that the Lion Guard later on meets in the series along with a cameo of some familar zebras everyone would meet later on.

As you can tell Simba's guilt and anger is really driving him insane during his confrontation of the leopard until Princess Celestia herself intervenes and reveals where they are does the lion king snap out of it.

Next up is the showdown between the Element bearers and the Lion Guard facing off against Nightmare Moon to determine the fate of Equestria and the start of their newborn roles.