• Published 28th Mar 2021
  • 5,772 Views, 894 Comments

Cinematic Adventures: Corpse Bride - extremeenigma02



The Mane Six and Spike are back for another adventure. This time they venture into Tim Burton’s undead realm to help a nervous groom work through his wedding nerves. Only problem is he is already married...to a corpse.

  • ...
9
 894
 5,772

Remains of the Day

Groaning in pain, the entire group laid flat out along the ground. Incredibly sore from what they could not possibly understand. The last thing any of them could possibly recall was standing along the bridge outside of town with Victor when they noticed the undead bride approaching him. After that, everything was a complete haze to them. Twilight’s eyes slowly flutter open, as a blinding light shined upon them.

“She seems to be waking up,” A voice said.

“Are they alright?” Another asked.

“We should let them regain themselves before we go asking.”

Slowly but surely, Twilight’s vision started coming back to her. Just enough so she could see outlines of what appeared to be people. One of them, standing right next to her, appeared to be dabbing her head with a rag and water.

“Can you hear me?” The figure asked. “Are you alright?”

Twilight groaned a bit before finally being able to respond.

“Yeah, I think so,” She moaned. “Ugh! I just had the strangest dream.”

“Whatever about?”

“I’m not sure… it’s so unclear. I remember me and my friends… being on a bridge… with our friend Victor. Next thing we knew, there was a…”

Twilight’s words got caught in her throat, as her vision began to full recover. She soon took notice of what was dabbing the watered rag upon her. The hand itself had absolutely no skin on it whatsoever… only bones. Twilight slowly looked away from the boney hand, seeing none other than the very same undead bride she had seen before.

“I’m so glad you’re alright,” She said.

“AHHHHHHHHHH!!!”

Twilight’s scream echoed throughout the area she found herself in. Her eyes quickly darted back and forth, noticing she appeared to be in some sort of bar or saloon of sorts. But what terrified her most was the patrons of said establishment. Many of which were blue colored undead zombies or skeletons. There was a very short skeleton dressed in a Napoleon style uniform with a sword thrust through his center. There stood another skeleton in old style crusade armor with a huge cannon ball sized hole through his chest. Many of them looked at Twilight curiously, as she in turn backed herself away from them all.

“Stay away from me!” She yelled.

She continued to scoot back, till she suddenly bumped into something. She turned around to see what it was and found the rest of her friends lying on the ground, still completely passed out. Due to the severity of the situation, Twilight tried to shake them all awake as quick as possible.

“Guys! Guys, wake up! We have a problem here!”

“Five more minutes…” Rainbow groaned sleepily.

The cyan Pegasus yawned loudly, as she rolled over and grasped the nearest body to snuggle with. In which case, the pony in question turned out to be Applejack who snuggled Rainbow just as much. Twilight glared at her tomboyish friend before quickly reaching out and pulling one of Rainbow’s eyelids open. The magenta pupil inside looked around at the undead patrons and Rainbow immediately shot up screaming. Her scream seemed to startle everyone else in the pile because they all sat up and rubbed their tired eyes.

“Wut in tarnation are ya hollerin’ ‘bout Rainbow?” Applejack asked groggily.

“Honestly darling, have you no concept of beauty sleep?” Rarity groaned.

“The Great and Powerful Trixie cannot perform if she does not have her sleep,” Trixie yawned.

“Girls, this is way more important than catching a few more minutes of sleep!” Twilight cried fearfully.

As the rest of the group slowly awoke, rubbing the sleep away from their eyes, only then did they look around and truly realize the situation they faced right now. Altogether, minus Maud, the ponies and Spike screamed in terror as they huddled in a corner. The dead patrons just stare at them in utter confusion. All of a sudden, Twilight Sparkle jumped in front of the rest of her friends, her horn glowing and ready to fight.

“Stay back!” She yelled. “I’m not afraid to blast you all to dust if I have to!”

Then, one of the many skeletons slowly edged toward her.

“Look miss, this ain’t what you…”

With a frightened squeak, Twilight Sparkle released a huge blast of magic in the skeleton’s direction. The blast hit dead center, as the skeleton exploded into a hundred pieces. It’s many bones flew in all directions, some breaking the bottles in the bar counter. Its skull bounced against the floor till it landed in front of Twilight. But instead of being completely lifeless, as she thought it would, the skeleton kept talking.

“Ow!” He cried out. “What you do that for?”

“I warned you to stay back!” Twilight yelled. “One more step and I’ll send this whole place to the depths of Tar-Tar-us!”

“It’s Tar-tah-rus darling,” Rarity corrected. “One of the ‘R’s is silent.”

“Not now Rarity!”

“It’s okay, it’s okay…” The Bride reassured gently. “My friends and I won’t hurt you. We promise…”

Before any of the ponies or Spike could say a response, one of them did the unthinkable. Maud Pie, the stone-faced mare in the dress, slowly approached the bride and the skeletons. Her friends stared in utter shock over Maud’s bold maneuver.

“Maud, what’re you doing?!” Trixie cried out.

“Come back here!” Rainbow gestured.

But Maud did not comply to the request. Instead, she walked until she was merely inches from the curious Corpse Bride. For a moment, the two glanced toward one another, the mare’s own face unreadable in comparison to the Bride’s intrigue. Her eyelids slowly close and reopen during these past few seconds.

“Hello,” Maud greeted simply.

The Bride was silent at first, but then a giggle escaped her lips while the ponies and Spike looked perplexed toward that mere greeting.

“You certainly are a friendly pony, aren’t you?” The bride smiled.

“It is polite to say hello,” Maud replied directly.

“Yep, that’s Maud for you,” Pinkie chimed in. “My big sister’s the best when it comes to meeting folk she likes.”

“Now would you kindly say hello to our hosts please?” Maud told the group.

“Are you nuts?!” Trixie shouted, in outrage. “We’re in a room with zombies and skeletons! We’re probably dead now, probably gone to the bad place my mother always warned me about—”

“Say hello to our hosts… please,” Maud repeated, bluntly.

The group stared toward the stone-gray rock pony, whose face never changes in the slightest. But seeing as how there was no talking Maud out of it, a sigh escaped Applejack’s lips as she slowly stepped forward. She lifted her Stetson hat off her head, holding it against her chest.

“Howdy-do,” Applejack began. “A pleasure makin’ yer acquaintance. I’m Applejack, and these are our friends Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Trixie, and Spike…”

“Sup…” Spike waved nervously.

The quivering Pegasus looked up at the undead patrons for a moment or two, silently nodding her head with a whimper but no other words.

“You’ve already met Maud over there,” Applejack gestured.

“Delighted to meet you,” The Bride smiled at the pony.

Maud’s eyes merely blink as the bride turned her gaze toward the only other pony she hadn’t been introduced to. The alicorn mare with her horn still glowing, staring cautiously toward the walking corpse with a hint of uncertainty.

“And you are?” The bride asked curiously.

Seeing the bride means no ill-harm for neither her nor her friends, indicated by the kindness in her tone, the glow in Twilight’s horn dims down. Her face slowly relaxed as she released a breath of air which she kept in.

“Twilight… Twilight Sparkle,” She introduced herself.

“What a lovely name,” The bride smiled. “It’s lovely to meet you and your friends, you may call me Emily.”

“You’re… not going to hurt us?” Twilight questioned.

“Oh heavens no! It is not right of the undead to harm those of the living world. We have certain rules between the living and the undead worlds that must be kept in balance.”

“And before you ask lady,” The skull spoke. “No, you and your friends are not dead... yet. You’re what we call… breathers. If you and your friends passed on… well, we’d know about it.”

Twilight looked down upon the skull as it spoke to her, carefully using her magic to lift the skull into the air.

“Sorry… for blasting you,” Twilight apologized sheepishly. “I guess I overreacted a little…”

“A little?” Rainbow asked mockingly.

“Eh, no sweat love,” The skull replied. “My friends tell me I need to loosen up anyway. If you’d just put me down now, I can pull myself together.”

“Oh yes, sure.”

Twilight carefully lays the skull down upon the floor. As the magic dissipates, she watched as the skull and the rest of its pieces bounce together to form a pile. Then before her eyes the skeleton slowly pieces itself back together like forming a puzzle much to her amazement. Even the other ponies, Spike especially, were nearly impressed.

“We are definitely not in Equestria,” Spike replied.

“Wow! It feels so different when we’re the ones freaking out over talking skeletons and zombies,” Pinkie pondered.

“Okay… so you mean us no harm,” Twilight nodded. “But I still have a few questions that require answers. What’s going on here? Where are we? How did we get here? Why are we here? What do you intend to do with us? Who are you guys?”

“Believe me when I say, this as close to a ‘few’ as you’ll get,” Rainbow butted in.

“It’s true…” Fluttershy spoke quietly.

“And more importantly… Where is Victor?” Twilight concluded.

“I promise all your questions will be answered as best as I can,” Emily assured. “As for Victor… oh, there he is right there.”

Emily gestured toward a spot in the bar, the ponies and Spike turned and found Victor lying on the floor, unconscious the entire time. A groan escaped his lips before he finally, if not slowly, started coming to. As his vision returned, he noticed his pony friends and Spike gathering around him looking down with great concern. Next to him was the Corpse Bride herself, Emily, and another skeleton in a dark purple suit.

“A new arrival,” The skeleton commented.

“He must have fainted,” Emily remarked. “Are you alright?”

She gently placed her skeletal hand behind Victor’s head, helping to raise him up. Victor, still not fully comprehending what was going on, just looked around in confusion.

“W-Where am I?’ He asked.

“By Jove, looks like we’ve got ourselves another breather!”

As his senses fully return, Victor could finally see and understand exactly what he was seeing. His eyes widen, his pupils shrink to pinpricks, and his mouth dropped a bit. Just then, a plump-looking deceased chef lady pushed the skeleton out of the way for a better look.

“Oh, does he have a dead brother?” She asked.

Then a skeleton child jumped up as well, poking him.

“He’s still soft,” The child commented.

Victor pushed himself up and off the ground, as he stared in horror at the scene around him. Meanwhile, up at the bar, General Bonesapart and General Wellington made their toasts.

“A toast then!” Boneasapart announced.

He drank his tankard of green slime, as Wellington pulled the sword from his gut, allowing the slime to spill into his own tankard. Wellington drank the liquid himself, which spilled through the huge hole in his chest. The very sight nearly made Rarity gag, as Applejack patted her back.

“To the newlyweds!” Bonesapart cheered, the sword stuck back in his gut.

“Newlyweds?” Victor questioned.

“Newlyweds?” The Equestrians questioned.

Emily gave a slight giggle as she held her bone hand, the ring on her skeletal finger.

“In the woods, you said your vows so perfectly,” She smiled. “You were wonderful. So passionate. It was everything I dreamed of!”

Victor just stared at the ring on her bone finger, gasping in horror.

“I did?” He asked.

“You did…” Maud stated bluntly.

“I DID!!!”

Victor proceeded to bang his head three times against the bar counter, hoping this was all some bad dream.

“Wake up!” He said loudly. “Wake up! WAKE UP!”

“Bonjour!”

Victor and the others looked across the bar, where someone carried a large platter with a dismembered head being carried by many roaches. Clearly the head belonged to a French man if the accent didn’t give it away.

“Coming through, coming through,” The head said. “My name is Paul, ze ‘Head’ waiter.”

“Uh, heh-heh… puns!” Trixie chuckled anxiously.

The head chuckled at his own joke, while Victor backed away in horror. Rarity’s face turned a deep shade of green, finding herself struggling to keep the bile down with everything grossing her out.

“I will be creating your wedding feast!” Paul informed Victor.

Then without explanation, one of Emily’s eyes popped out of her head and a little green maggot emerged from the eye socket.

“Wedding feast?” It asked. “I’m salivating!”

Emily just covered the eye socket as Victor gasped in horror… again.

“Maggots,” She giggled.

That was the last straw for Rarity, who rushed to the nearby bucket in the corner and emptied the contents of her stomach. When she finally walked back over, she appeared totally flushed and disoriented.

“I will never get used to any of this,” She said dazed.

“Stay back!” Victor yelled, backing away.

Much like how the ponies reacted upon seeing an entire canteen of dead people, Victor backed away into a corner as every single ghoul merely looked at him curiously. Wanting to find the nearest weapon to defend himself with, Victor grabbed the sword in General Bonesapart’s back and in turn the tiny skeleton with it.

“I’ve got a… I’ve got a… dwarf, and I’m not afraid to use him!” Victor threatened weakly. “I want some questions now!”

“Um, not to interrupt Victor, but I’m pretty sure you mean answers,” Twilight spoke up.

“Yes, answers. Thank you Twilight. I need answers. What’s going on here? Where am I? Who are you?”

“That’s exactly what we oughtta know,” Applejack replied.

The last question was addressed to Emily, who looked down at the hands in her lap with a small smirk.

“Well, that’s kind of a long story,” She said truthfully.

“What a story it is!”

Hearing the voice made everyone in the bar, the ponies and Spike especially, turn toward the back of the canteen where a single skeleton in a bowler hat stood in the spotlight. He had one single eye in his skull which rolled back and forth from one socket to the other. This was Mr. Bonejangles, the resident musician.

“A tragic tale of romance, passion, and a murder most foul.”

“This is gonna be good,” Bonesapart said with a thumbs up.

Victor dropped the small man with the sword on the floor, with a loud clattering. Bonejangles gestured to his ‘Bone Crew’.

“Hit it boys!”

And just like that, Bonejangles and his boys began playing music by drumming their own skulls and ribs. A skeleton in sunglasses played the piano, as Bonejangles began to sing.

https://m.

As the singing continued, the group of skeletons danced while playing music. One skeleton ripped the spine off another, using it as a saxophone. Another tapped the skull and bones of another almost like a xylophone. Then the one with its spine removed chased its running legs and when it finally caught up to them, it strummed them like a guitar. Then a group of skeletons stood side by side, switching heads with one another down the line.

The ponies and Spike watched the whole display, slowly settling with this unique display. Fluttershy, her nerves dimming a bit, actually swayed her head side to side to the music while Spike snapped his claws and swayed his head back and forth.

As the song concluded, Victor used the opportunity to slip away and escape. While all the ghouls and skeletons danced and had a good time, Victor quietly slipped through the back of the bar and ran up the back steps. However, the Corpse Bride noticed him running and headed after him. All this went on while Twilight and the others were actually having a good time (Aside from that tragic backstory of the bride). Nevertheless, they laughed and clapped as the dancing skeletons took their final bow.

“Bravo!” Rarity cheered.

“Awesome!” Rainbow yelled.

“Thank you, thank you!” Bonejangles bowed. “You’re all too kind, really. Don’t forget to tip your waitress. If you’re not able to right now, don’t worry about it. Just catch her up in the next life.”

As everyone else laughed at the incredibly corny joke, Applejack looked around only to notice that Victor and Emily were both gone.

“Hey y’all, looks like Victor and Emily ain’t here no more,” Applejack informed the others.

“Where could they have gone?” Fluttershy asked. “Poor Victor doesn’t know this place very well.”

“Yeah, well neither do we Fluttershy,” Spike pointed out.

“We should probably go looking for them,” Twilight suggested.

“No doubt!” Rainbow nodded. “I mean let’s face it. Without us, Victor would be running around this place like a cockatrice with its head chopped off!”

Hearing the remark made Fluttershy whimper. True cockatrice are one of the most dangerous creatures in their world, turning ponies to stone and everything, but they were still living animals. She cared for all manner of creatures, no matter what they might be, and the idea of such a fate made her tremble. Rainbow took notice of this right away, quickly patting Fluttershy’s back.

“Sorry Flutters,” She apologized. “Figure of speech.”

“Alright y’all, let’s get a move on!” Applejack said.

Just as she turned to head out the canteen, she ran directly into someone so hard it knocked her backward. She shook herself off the ground, grabbing her Stetson hat that lay beside her, and placed it back onto her head.

“Mighty sorry ‘bout that miss," A male voice spoke. "Reckon ah wasn’t payin’ much attention to where ah was goin’.”

“Nah, it’s alright,” Applejack assured. “Ah didn’t exactly look where ah… was…”

As she turned to face the figure she bumped into, she froze on the spot she stood. What she saw before her made her heart stop altogether, so deeply in shock. Her mouth dropped, her eyes widened, she completely shut down. From behind her, her friends didn’t exactly fare much better. They all looked completely shocked as well.

“No way!” Rainbow said amazed.

“It can’t be!” Rarity gasped.

“It’s not possible,” Twilight shook her head.

Applejack’s lower lip trembled as tears came to her eyes as she stared at the figure… or in this case ‘figures’ standing before her. One was a large butter yellow Earth pony stallion with a cherry red mane and a half sliced green apple cutie mark. The second was a light pear-colored mare with a mango-colored mane and a jar of preservatives cutie mark. Applejack stared at them, and they stared at her, for what felt like an eternity. It had been so long since she seen them, but she knew right away who they were. Only two words choked out, the two words she missed saying most of all.

“M-M-Ma? P-Pa?”

For standing in front of her, not even three feet away from either her or her friends stood none other than her parents:

Bright MacIntosh and Pear Butter

Author's Note:

Hope you all like the huge surprise here at the end. We’ve been waiting a long while for this and we hope it was everything we thought it’d be