• Published 29th Aug 2012
  • 22,990 Views, 2,455 Comments

Bros in Equestria - Mandroid

  • ...
112
 2,455
 22,990

PreviousChapters Next
Strong Defense.

You could see them out there. Streaming out of Ponyville and scurrying around the ground below like tiny little ants.

The winds were whipping and howling as the tornados harried the Dogs.

"Private, keep that wall high. We need the fire burning to boil this pot." you say.

"Yesh Shir!" The private called back with the ladle in his mouth.

You hop down from the wall and grimace as you land. Damn wound...

You reached into your pocket and swallowed some of the painkillers the docs gave you.

"How many of those did you just take?" General Vizir asks.

"Enough."

These pills were lighter than the ones you had taken for your manticore wounds, the benefits of having magical bandages as well.

Vizir just continued to glare at you. You could guess his thoughts.

"You don't like me, Vizir."

The general snorts. "A little more than a year ago, you were the one we were calling meetings over. And now the Princess appoints you Chief Logician for the defense of the city."

"And that makes you angry."

"I just don't think somepony almost convicted of war crimes should be put in charge of defending the lives of others." he says.

Heh.

"Remind me to tell you about the story of the Nazi scientists from my world if we live through this." you say.

A chariot pulls up to the castle walls. "Sirs! You're needed at the first barricade!"

You were setting up barricades at the entrance and exit of every cave along the route to Canterlot. You can't imagine what's so hard about setting up walls...

-Headcanon Vizir Voice-

You and Vizir took the chariot down to the first mountain cave. The railroad that normally served as the entrance was being ripped up, it's metal and wood fortifying the barricade. The small path up the mountain had been blasted away by unicorn magic. Vizir assured you that they could rebuild it.

The land before the mountains was a sea of hills as well as a straight shot to Ponyville. It was less than a day ago that you were racing along this path to escape town. Not a half mile from the foot of the mountain, a tornado raged. Snow was piling up by the foot, and hail was falling like rocks.

Not your normal summer.

The chariot landed and a soldier approached you as the two of you stepped off. "Sirs! We have captured a prisoner!"

"A Dog got this far?" you ask.

"Advanced scout. Take us to him, son." Vizir says.

The soldier led the two of you behind the first barricade. A Diamond Dog was trussed up in the corner. "Here he is, sirs."

You look the dog over, he was small. "Where'd you find him?"

"He was hiding behind a hill, watching us erect the barricade. We only spotted him after he dug himself out of the snow." The soldier says.

"Leave us." Vizir says.

The soldier trotted away as Vizir stepped towards the Dog. You stopped him halfway.

"Do you ponies have "Good cop, Bad cop"?"

Vizir gets a glint in his eye. "You might work out after all. You're bad cop, I have a reputation to uphold."

Yeah, not like we have a reputation.

Don't take his side, brain.

The two of you walk up to the Dog. It's hands and feet are shackled. It starts to shout. "Not going to talk, ponies! You never mak-"

"Be quiet mutt. Before I do it myself." you bellow. The cave adding echo to your voice.

Vizir steps over to the mutt. "You'll have to excuse my friend here. He has had a rough day."

You flare your nostrils as the dog glances your way. "Why don't you tell me why you're here so that we can all get on with our day?" Vizir says.

The Dog snorts in Vizir's face.

"A shame. Logician?"

You sit down in front of the dog.

How are we gonna play this?

I have a plan.

"I killed Discord. Start talking and I won't do to you what I did to him."

What.

Trust me.

You're a retard, Brain.

The Dog's eyes flare. "That a lie. No way you kill Discord."

Vizir interjects. "He did. I saw the wreckage."

"Talk." you order.

"H-How!?" The dog shouts.

"Extreme and excessive violence."

The Dog audibly gulps. "Dogfather on his way here. Now. Storms not going to slow him down.

"And why is that?" Vizir asks.

"Dogfather and other Dogs from Tartarus already dead. They not need to sleep, or eat, and they don't get stopped by weather that isn't tornado."

You and Vizir glance at each other.

"He going to hit Canterlot with his army. All living dogs going to catch up and make it harder for you to stop us." the mutt rambles.

Vizir has heard enough. He removes the Dog's bindings. "You are free. I recommend you leave this place, we will not be merciful a second time..." he grumbles.

I thought we were bad cop.

The Dog hops over the barricade and runs to the forest. Vizir turned to his men. "Soldiers! Shore up that barricade! We will be expecting Dogs by nightfall!"

You ride the chariot with Vizir back to the walls. You land to find some contraption waiting for you.

"What is this, private?" Vizir asks.

"A countermeasure delivered by the mages, sir. They say it will stop the dogs magic." he says.

Hmm...

You bend down to inspect the device. "So...Anon finally delivered."

"How does it function?" Vizir asks.

The private levitates a scroll in front of him. "Apparently, it only needs to be activated by a unicorn. And then it will cancel most magic in a two hundred foot area."

You look down the city walls. There was a lot of ground to cover...

"Are they sending more?"

The private nods. "The note said that they were producing more of them now. They should be here by night watch."

"Good. I want them erected and operational by midnight. We cannot let the Dogs near this city while they can use their magic." you say.

You and Vizir step out to the edge of the wall. "This device will help, but I worry about the effect it will have on our defenses."

"How so?"

"If this device can disrupt the Dog's magic, it may disrupt our own as well." Vizir laments.

"Go talk to the mages. If I know Anon, he'll have come up with a solution."

"You are sure?" Vizir asks as he glances to you.

You silently nod.

The two of you stare out over the walls under the dark sky, watching the advancing horde.

"Think we can beat 'em?"

Vizir sighs. "I have faced Griffins, Minotaurs, and everything in between. But an army from Tartarus..."

Yeah...

You can relate...

You were in bed after the meeting. Heavy stuff, getting told that an army was coming for you. Lotus was laying her head on your chest, breathing steadily.

You reached down to brush her hair when she spoke up. "Do you think you can win tomorrow?" she asks.

"I think we can."

Just had to play it right.

She shuffled on you. "It's just...I spent the day with Aloe and Caramel at the shelter..." She looks you in the eyes. "Everypony is scared Mous. We're all scared that this may be the last night for Canterlot. I know you and Anon and the rest of the guard are going to do everything you can to stop them, but..." she trails off.

You pull Lotus on top of your chest and hold her close. "Hey now...don't talk like that. I'm not gonna let those dogs take one step inside this city."

"Sweetheart, you may have taken apart a cult, but even you can't stop an army."

You look down and meet her gaze. "Yeah? Just watch me." you say with a grin.

Your infectious grin causes Lotus to giggle a bit before she rest her head again."...Mous? If this were your last night on Equestria, where would you want to be most?"

You hug Lotus close to you. "Well, after I spent time with my family? I'd say I'm pretty happy here..."

Lotus lets her hooves curl around your chest.

"But...this isn't our last night. Not even close. We're both gonna live long, happy lives once this is done with." you say.

You bend your knees and scoot Lotus up your chest, the "oop" she makes is adorable.

"But hey, maybe I'm wrong. So..." You pull Lotus in and kiss her, as tenderly as you can. "Let's make this "last night" together something to remember..."

-Meanwhile at the foot of the mountain-

You were The Dogfather. These Ponies had thrown the weather at you, and still you came. They had thrown tornados at you, and you still came. They had sent your army to Tartarus, and still you came.

They thought some little wooden barricades were gonna stop you?

"Get dis damn thing outa da way."

Your soldiers got to work hacking apart the barricade, sending splinters sailing through the air. You looked over the mountains, catching the tips of Canterlot's tallest spires over them. You were gonna collapse those spires. You were gonna knock down the walls and send these ponies back to Tartarus in your place. And then you were gonna take the magic away from this kingdom. And then you were gonna turn this whole stinking planet into your chew toy.

You looked up into the sky, it was a full moon again. Good. You wanted the Princesses to see you, to see their end commin' for em.

The wooden barricade began to splinter and crack.

Yeah...just a bit longer...

Then you'd show these ponies that your bite was way worse than your bark...

PreviousChapters Next