• Published 29th Aug 2012
  • 23,063 Views, 2,455 Comments

Bros in Equestria - Mandroid

  • ...
112
 2,455
 23,063

PreviousChapters Next
Where's Wainbow.

You stared at the mana battery on the desk as you align the crystal. Hmm...one to twenty five ratio...

You hoped this would work, this mana battery was huge. Oh well. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Okay...everything looks to be in order. "Hey, Twilight! Can you gimme a hand with this?" you call.

The door at the top of the cellar opens. "What's up, Anon?" Twilight asks as she trots down.

You gesture to your little setup. "I need a spell, care to provide?"

She gives your experiment a glance, there was a mana battery hooked up to a focusing lens that was aimed at a small crystal. "Any spell?" she asks.

Not just any spell would do, no..."How about a little light show?" you ask.

Twilight aims her horn at the focusing lens and fires a spell. Bright purple light erupts from Twilights horn and gets compressed into the lens as it enters the crystal.

Twilight stops the spell as you remove the crystal from its resting place. "Now what?" she asks.

"Now this."

You toss the crystal on the stone wall. As it shatters, the room is bathed in a soft purple glow The glow dies down after a few moments, but you hardly notice. "Ha-ha! Yes!" you shout.

Twilight looks confused. "What just happened?" she asked.

You sweep the shattered crystal pieces into your hand. "What happened, is that I was able to apply a magical spell to an object anypony could use. The conversion ratio was horrid, but this is how progress is made." you say.

Twilight is all lit up now. "Anon, that's incredible! We have to run numbers on this." The two of you quickly make your way upstairs and work on the conversion ratio issue.

You and Twilight work well into the evening, the prospect of portable spells encased in tiny crystals was incising. You got home later than normal, which was later still than when you used to.

You walk into the usual scene. Lotus and Mous were curled up at one end of the couch with Rainbow on the other.

"Hey guys, what's..." Rainbow shoots a glare at you that causes you to falter.

Did you do something? You take a seat next to her. "Hey, is everything okay?" you ask as you try to put your arm around her.

Rainbow squirms her way out and continues to pout. "Yeah. I'm fine. Why wouldn't I be?"

Okay...Somepony obviously doesn't want to talk.

The lot of you get ready for bed, Rainbow washing her face as you changed. Good a time as any..."So...can we talk?" you ask.

You hear Rainbow shut off the faucet. "Nothing to talk about." she says as she climbs into bed and turns away from you.

You sit down on the bed. "C'mon Dash, talk to me."

"No." she spits out.

Okay... That was harsh.

"Come on, did I do something?" you ask.

Did you drink all the milk? Leave the toilet seat up? Kick her in your sleep?

She wasn't answering. "Did I say something?" you ask.

Ask if her hair was natural? Accidentally insult her? Call her by an ex's name? Oh god, don't let it have been Brian...

Still nothing.

"Come on Dash, what did I do? What did I say?"

Rainbow throws the blanket off of her. "Nothing!"

Then what? "Did Mous or Lotus piss you off? What is it?"

"IT'S ALL OF THAT!" she shouts as she storms out of the room.

You chase after Rainbow, but it's a futile effort. She's out the door by the time you get to the hallways. What the hell!?

"Dude?" you hear behind you. Mous and Lotus are both peeking around the corner, a toothbrush sticking out of each of their mouths.

"Do you two have to practice the 'Creepy Simultaneous Action Couple' thing, or does it come naturally. you ask.

Lotus giggles to herself as Mous gives you a deadpan look. "Go find her, dingus."

You throw your clothes back on and run out. Shit, Rainbow had the advantage in both speed and being able to avoid obstacles. She could be anywhere by now.

You run through town looking, but to no avail. What did she mean 'It's all of that'?

You spend almost the entire night out there. Pinkie hadn't seen her, neither had Rarity. She went in the opposite direction from Fluttershy Twilight was asleep.

You finally got lucky when you asked Applejack. "Saw her flyin' off towards Whitetail Woods. Thought it was might strange to be seein' her out at this hour..."

You start running as soon as you leave the farm. Whitetail Woods. There was only one place she could be if she went there.

You still remember the path the two of you took. Time had marched forward and the trees had re-grown all of their leaves, but you still remembered.

You bound up the hill and entered the cave you had spent the night in so long ago. "Rainbow?!" you call out.

Silence.

You slump against the cave wall. Dammit. That was your last lead.

Your mind jumps back over a year. You still remember the warmth of the cave, the warmth of her body. You remember the leisurely days the two of you had spent that February, eating when you wanted, sleeping when you wanted, fucking when you wanted.

You had bonded more the just physically over those few days. To think that you could lose that... Your mind jumps back to right before your first night with Rainbow, back to when you were indecisive.

"If you want something, you go get it. Period." That's what he said that got you off your ass back on Earth.

That's what got you through estrus.

And that's what got you off your ass now.

"Rainbow?" you call out. You kept walking along the stream.

If you were out of leads, you just had to find more. "Rainbow!" you called out again.

Still nothing. You keep following the stream. You weren't going to let this happen, not while you still could fix it. You walk through some trees and come across a beautiful lake. This must be the source of that stream.

The lake was a small oval cut into the side of the mountain, the moon was reflected on the still water. The reflection of the moon was scattered as a rock sipped across the water, waves radiating out from the impact sight. You follow the rocks flight path, a blotch of cyan and blue is sitting at the edge of the lake.

"Rainbow..." you say as you approach her.

She just looks up at you."Hey, Anon. Sorry about running out. I overreacted."

Her eyes are puffy. "Yeah, what's the deal with that?" you ask.

Rainbow sighs. "It's...It's nothing..."

You take a seat next to her. "Liar."

You flash her a smile and get a small one in return. "It's...It's about Mous and Lotus, and you and me." she says.

Okay...

"I see the two of them together all the time...always saying how much they love each other..." she's shuffling around. "...and the more they say it, the more I notice that we never do."

Wait...that's what this is about?

She continues. "And now, you're spending all this time at Twilight's...and I'm afraid I don't mean as much to you anymore."

You could see her point, she was the element of loyalty. Thinking that you were stepping out must be hard on her. That didn't stop it from being bullshit, however.

"Oh, Rainbow Dash..." you snake your arm around her and pull her close. "What am I going to do with you?" She starts to open her mouth, but you cut her off. "Me? Step out on you? That's ridiculous."

You cupped her cheek in your hand as you had done your first time in these woods. Rainbow practically buries her face in your hand.

"Rainbow..."you begin. "Right before all that cult crap, I turned down an offer to go back to my homeworld, back to everything I've ever known. But I decided to stay here." you lean in and plant a kiss on her lips, you linger behind a bit afterwards though. "Now, who do you think caused me to do that?" Rainbow doesn't speak, but puts her head in your shoulder. You take the opportunity to wrap your arms around her. "Of course I love you, you silly filly..."

The two of you spend however long like that under the stars by the lake before you both head for home. It's early morning, you were exhausted and you should be in bed. But this was more important, you'd call in sick if you had to. You had gotten used to how Rainbow moved in bed over the past year, but that night was different. Your mind once again went back to your first night in that cave, the feeling you felt then showing up now.

You're still awake as Celestia begins to raise the sun, Rainbow Dash curled up in your arms. Just as you are about to fall asleep, you pull her close. "Love you, Dashie." you whisper.

PreviousChapters Next