• Published 7th Sep 2020
  • 358 Views, 20 Comments

Eternal Harmony - TheOneAJ



It was supposed to be a relaxing camping trip! See a once in a lifetime comet, pass astronomy. What Octavia didn’t count on, was meeting the girl of her dreams, who’s destined to destroy the world.

  • ...
0
 20
 358

Chapter 4

“Anything?” Vinyl shouted as she held her phone in the air.

“Not a thing!” Bon Bon said as she and Lyra kept circling the campsite with their own phones held high. “You don’t really think something bad happened to her, do you?”

“Um, no,” Vinyl chuckled nervously as she patted the ground with her shovel. “No! I mean, I got ten to collect from her.” She then muttered quietly, “although I’d happily give twenty to know she’s-

It had been two hours, the three of them having put the cursed necklace into a box, and buried under a tree. Far enough away to where they thought it wouldn’t be a problem, but close enough to keep an eye on it. Afterward, all they could do was try and reach Octavia. There was some debate on just hiking along the road to the ranger station, but Lyra convinced them that it wouldn’t do for Octavia to return and not know where they were. Then, after Bon Bon was able to get service for a minute, all they could really do was wait and try again and again to reach their friend.

Suddenly, there was a honk in the distance and, to everyone’s relief, saw their families van pulling into the campsite.

“Oh thank the gods, Octavia!” Vinyl shouted as raced to the van. When she got there, she didn’t even allow Octavia to turn off the ignition before pulling her out of the vehicle.

“What the hell? Vinyl, let me go!” Octavia shriked. “What is wrong with you?!”

“I’ll tell you what’s wrong!” Vinyl hissed, glaring at a stunned Sonata. “You’re little girlfriend there is some kind of she-demon from another demension!” As Octavia started to question that, Vinyl keep ranting. “I told you she was dangerous, but did you listen? No! And now for all we know she might of done something to you and could have possibly-

VINYL!!!!” Octavia screamed at the top of her lungs, pulling away from her friends grasp.

After a moment of silence to allow them both to breath, Octavia crawled back into the driver’s side of the van, giving Vinyl a death glare when her friend started to raise a finger.

Sighing, Octavia reached for the keys while giving Sonata a reassuring smile. “Stay here for just a bit, okay?” she told her, using her hand motion for emphasis. “Sonata‘a, not, bad, friends just being silly.”

Sonata gave an unsure nod, but made no movement to get up from her seat.

Octavia smiled warmly, before turning around back to Vinyl, and dragged her to the other side of the campground by her ear.

Sonata watched them go, hearing Vinyl cry out in pain until they were out of sight. As she waited, and with nothing better to do, she picked up a pen from the armrest, and started to click it repeatedly.

****

“Ow, ow, ow!” Vinyl cried as she was dragged along. “For fuck sakes, let me go! I didn’t do anything wrong! You’re the one who took so long!”

Octavia rolled her eyes, only letting go once they were out of sight with Sonata. “Well, I suppose I’m sorry for the wait. As you can see, no one came for her, and I’d figured I’d use the ranger stations wifi to start teaching her English!”

“Oh great, now she knows tricks.” Vinyl spat as she rubbed her ear. “Although that will be ten.”

“Twenty,” Bon Bon pointed out. Her and Lyra having followed behind.

“Yes, yes,” Octavia said as she rubbed her forehead. “Before then; would you care to explain why I owe you girls money, and warranted such a, warm welcome, first?”

“This,” Vinyl said, holding up her phone, showing Octavia what looked like a picture of a meteor crash site. “We found it not to far from where we found… Her.”

Octavia narrowed her eyes. “And this proves she’s a… What are we now on her being? A mermaid or something?”

Vinyl flipped to another picture. This one showing the human footprints that started from the very center of the clearing and heading into the woods.

“Well,” Octavia frowned. “That, still doesn’t mean-

“Oh, and then we found that necklace of her’s.” Lyra added.

“Oh?” Octavia perked up. “I suppose that’s good at least.” Her eyes then narrowed. “May I see it?”

All three of her friends looked nervously to one another.

“Ugh! Just skip the build up and tell me as it is what you three did.” Octavia pleaded.

“Okay,” Vinyl smiled and nodded. “It’s some kind of evil magic thingy that makes you go evil if you touch it, so we buried it not too far away to keep us, and your girlfriend, from it.”

Octavia slapped her forehead.

Vinyl shrugged. “Well you said to just lay it on you.”

“I did,” Octavia admitted. “That said, you are aware how crazy that sounds?”

“We know,” Lyra said, sulking against a tree. “And we’d show you, but you weren't there. Whatever that Sonata girl had with her is some serious bad business.”

Octavia started to pace back and forth as she processed all of that. As much as she wanted to believe they were all crazy, or this was some kind of prank, she knew her friends well enough to tell when they were and weren't being serious. Mixed in with the fact they did actually have a mysterious stranger who couldn’t speak English with them, this wasn’t a time of fooling around. If they said they found some dark magic gem that belonged to Sonata, they found a dark magic gem that belonged to Sonata.

“Okay, so,” Octavia said once she took it all in. “As crazy as it sounds, I’ll take your word for it.” She took in a deep breath. “That said; what now?”

“Run her out of town with pitchforks?” Vinyl offered, to Octavia’s dismay, more serious than she likely joked.

“Yeah,” Bon Bon nodded. “I’m sure that will leave her a great impression of our world.”

“Look,” Octavia said, raising a hand. “Can we all chill? So, she is magical, maybe even dangerous, but, we still don’t know anything else about her, and she certainly has done anything bad so far. Also, it’s not as if she isn’t some normal girl who’s stumbled onto some bad magic and simply needs someone to help her until her friends or family can find her.”

All three of her friends moaned.

“You can’t seriously be thinking about us keeping her? Right?” Lyra asked..

“Why not?” Octavia deadpanned.

“Because, all joking aside,” Vinyl let out a cough. “Don’t you think maybe you’re not thinking with you head because you’ve gone all love at first sight with this chick.”

Octavia nearly slapped Vinyl across the head, before relenting in the sad reality, that she was right. Then again…

“I say we just hand her over to someone,” Lyra suggested. “Let her be their problem. Hey! I know I sounds mean, Octavia, but dosn’t that seem like the better idea?

As her friends started to agree, Octavia had a thought.

“Okay. So maybe, maybe!” Octavia spoke up to try and stop any future forms of teasing. “You’re right. On the other hand, think of it this way.”

Octavia puffed out her chest. “Suppose, best/mostly likely worst case scenario from what we know now. Let’s say Sonata is some kind of monster who lost her memories when, er, we encountered her, and that’s the only reason she’s currently the way she is. A nieve, innocent, very sweet,” her eyes widened at everyone’s reaction to the way she called Sonata sweet.

“Anyways!” Octavia carried on. “My point is, when she remembers, if she is a demon; would you rather she be recalling how nice we were to her when she needed help, or, have the first thing on her mind after that be how we abandoned, chased, and or handed her over to a laboratory?”

“But, that’s,” Vinyl started to protest at Octavia’s argument. The whole while, as her friends' words made more and more sense, started to fum.

“I’m with not pissing off the magical girl too!” Bon Bon shot up as she raced to Octavia’s side.

“Yeah, I guess it wouldn’t hurt.” Lyra admitted as she took her girlfriend’s side. “Besides, she seems cool enough, and regardless, this will keep our little adventure going.”

Smiling, Octavia looked nervously to Vinyl.

“I,” Vinyl started, arms still crossed. “Fine! She can stay. But we’re keeping her away from that necklace until we get some answers.”

Not having even thought about that, Octavia started to point out that they had no right to keep Sonata away from her property, before relenting, if not so much because there wasn’t a counter argument, but because she at least had all of her friends on her side until they solved his mystery.

“Then it’s settled!” Octavia beamed as she pulled Lyra and Bon Bon into a hug. “Um, we should probably then go let our guest know she’s not in any kind of trouble.”

Author's Note:

So, commited myself to write at least one (if not two if people show they like what I write) every week, and got featured for five minutes 🌟 that was a day :twilightsmile:
Working on both a holiday special for Jingalmiss, as well as for my YouTube channel, AND have something big with a Little Mermaid crossover artist on something... 🧜‍♀️ 😇
Mix in helping my dad fix an RV/
dealing with my dad still...
Yeah kind of back burned this, didn’t I? And I really want to tell more of this story than what I’ve got. So I figured, while not as long as I originally wanted, I’ll just get out what I have now and possibly merge this and the next chapter together one day.

Thank you all for waiting/reading, comments go a long way, Kofi support even further!



Oh and my Halloween in April story for reviewed by Present Prefect. which considering the last story he reviewed of mine got a ‘not recommended’ :pinkiesad2: id say I’m rather happy with what he said :raritystarry: