• Published 12th Sep 2020
  • 1,226 Views, 28 Comments

Five Score: Returning To Class - Eevee932



A group of friends discover something that they never knew before about themselves

  • ...
6
 28
 1,226

Chapter Three: Questions, Answers, and More Questions

I sigh as I pace around the living room as Matt layed on the couch. We thought about how we could have done this to ourselves last night, and yet we couldn’t think of anything. I stop my pacing and turn to him.

“Ok, we’re getting nowhere with this. Let’s try and retrace our steps. It’s a good idea to do that as we can try to find answers that way. So, when did you first notice the hair and stuff?” I ask him

“Well, my hair looked normal when I woke up this morning but it started to turn not too long ago. Same goes for my eyes.”

This all was so confusing, we never noticed this stuff until today, and yet we’ve been trying to tie this stuff to last night despite there being no connections to it. None of this was making any sense to us.

“You know, the more I’m thinking about this. I think this stuff isn’t connected to last night. Think about it, do you really think that we could do this kinda stuff, especially considering we were kinda drunk last night. But, it still begs the question, how is this happening to us?”

“You know, you're onto something here Sam. What if we’ve been trying to think of the wrong reason here. What if there’s been some other reason that this is happening?”

“That’s it! If last night wasn’t the reason behind this, then surely there’s some other reason out there!” I exclaimed ‘But how are we going to find something like this? I mean, I don’t think there’s anything out there that’s causing our hair and eyes to change.”

“Unless…” Matt pondered for a second before getting up. “Wait here for a second.” He said before going to grab something from his bag. He soon then sat back down, with a laptop in hand.

“If we’re gonna find a reason, then the internet is the best place to look.” He said opening the laptop as it booted up

Of course! Looking on the internet! I really should have thought of that. Hopefully there's gotta be some kind of explanation online. Cause, we really need to fix this.

“Maybe there’s some kind of illness that causes this kinda stuff to happen…”

“I don’t think that could be the answer..”

Minutes pass by for what feels like hours as we go around the internet, continuously heading into dead ends and false leads. It looked like there was nothing we could find. Well, until Matt notified me of something.

“Hey Sam, I think I may have found something.”

“Really?” I came over to him to see what he was looking at. “Did you find any explanation to our whole situation?”

“Well, kinda. I was checking Twitter to see if anyone was experiencing the same issues we had and I came across two people who said that they had cutie marks.”

“Cutie marks? From My Little Pony?” I was standing there confused. I wondered why cutie marks have to do with us until something in my head just clicked. “Wait a second. I just realized something.”

“What is it?”

“Think about it for a second. Your hair is turning into a combo of a very light blue and a dark blue and I have the whole reptile eyes going on. Does that sound familiar to you?” I ask him

“Now that you say that. It sounds a lot like the description for Silverstream’s hair and the eyes remind me a lot of Smolder. I think you might be onto something here.”

“Well, It’s good that we’re making some kind of progress. Anyways, do you have any info on those two tweets like where they came from and stuff?”

“Well, the first one comes from someone in Canada while the other one comes from Indiana.”

“Does either of the tweets say what cutie marks those three got? It would probably be a good idea to look into that.”

“Well the first Canada post sounds alot like Pinkie Pie’s mark with the balloons and stuff, but the other one has some vague info. It says here that their cutie mark is of a trio of animals and that’s it. Either the person has Fluttershy’s cutie mark or Sandbar’s cutie mark since those are the only characters who have marks like that. I also found another post from Canada about a trio of diamonds that sounds suspiciously a lot like Rarity’s mark but it sounds more like someone pulled a prank on them more than anything.” He explained as he browsed around on the website

“Maybe you should try to message them to try to get more info. Who knows, maybe they might know more than we do.”

“I’m not sure if it’s a good idea but I can certainly try. I’ll see if I can get in touch with the animal mark one.” He says before he went and sent a message to the person

BP34: Howdy. I saw your cutie mark post and I want to know more about it like where did you get it from.


“I just sent the message to them. I don’t know if or when they're going to reply so we might as well continue looking for more info. How these tweets were sent out the same day that this has been happening. Maybe there's a connection that can be made here, but for now there's no telling.”

“Alright, inform me when they do reply.”

We both went back to looking for info for a while, we couldn’t find anything besides those tweets and everything that we thought could be helpful just ended up being dead ends. We ended our search for info right as Matt got a reply from the guy.

CB: Hey, I saw your message and I am willing to give some info. Do you mind if I just ask a quick question here?

BP34: Sure, what do you want to ask me?

CB: Are you a roleplayer? I just want to know.

BP34: I used to be one but I haven’t roleplayed for several years now. Why do you ask? Is this some sort of roleplay thing?

CB:No, this isn’t a roleplay. I just needed to know since I’ve had a few roleplayers ask since they thought my cutie mark post was some kind of roleplay thing. I have to ask, do you have a cutie mark?

BP34: Sadly no, but I do have some other things going on like my hair and eyes changing color. Is anything like that happening to you or is it just the cutie mark?

CB: That stuff is happening to me too! My hair has been turning into this combo of ocean blue and some sort of dark greenish blue. My eyes have also turned green. Do you have any clue on what is going on?

BP34: Nope, we’re just as clueless as you. I was hoping that you knew anything new.

CB: Damn, I was hoping that too. Anyways, I think it would be a good idea to keep in touch because if either of us finds out something new, we can share that info to the other one.

BP34: That sounds like a plan.I’ll message you if I find something new.

CB: Ok. Message you later.

“Alright, looks like the same thing is going on with them too. We decided to message each other if anything else happens. We don’t have any answers, but at least we’re not alone here” He told me once he finishes messaging them and closed the laptop

“Well, it’s good to know that we’re not alone but we have a bigger problem now.”

“What is it?”

“Ben and Jenna are going to be back in half an hour and I don’t know what we’re going to do.”

“Uh.. Have you thought about trying to hide all of your changed features? Don’t you have a hat or something to hide your hair?”

“I could try and look, and what are you going to do? I don’t think you have any way of hiding your hair?

“We better look around before we have to explain why our hair looks so weird and the fact that you have scales..” He said before he got up to look around my room.

Scales…? I went back to the bathroom to see what he was talking about and… Yep, those are scales alright. Purple, Smolder-like scales. Luckily they weren't too big, but they were just barely visible. I was surprised that Matt was able to notice them. My hair also looked shorter than it was before, so we needed to find those hats quickly.

I quickly joined Matt in looking for those hats, and after a few minutes we luckily found a pair that could hide our features. We put them on and headed back into the living room to wait for their arrival, and it wasn’t not too long before they returned.

Before the door opened, I could hear the two faintly talking to each other.

“A-Are you sure that this is a good idea? I mean, what if Sam sees us! How would we explain this to her?” I heard Jenna say

“I'm sure it's a good idea. If she sees us we can just try to explain this to her. We’ve got nothing to lose. Besides, I bet she’s out doing something right now.” Ben said before he opened the door, giving me a good look at the two

Jenna’s hair looked like it was changing from its normal black to a combo of purple and teal, while her eyes were now what looked to be an unnatural purple, similar to that of Matt’s eyes albeit much lighter. Ben on the other hand looked very similar to me as a collection of yellow scales were on the top of his head. His eyes also looked different too, resembling that of my eyes. Both me and Matt were surprised at the two of them.

“Uh… Surprise.. We’re back..” Ben said with a nervous grin on his face before it changed into a shocked expression as he saw us. “Wait, you and Matt have changed too? This is not great..”

Author's Note:

Just like always, any critique or tips will be great!