• Published 14th Nov 2020
  • 670 Views, 6 Comments

What's in a Name? - axxuy



A whole lot of fun, if you ask Lyra.

  • ...
3
 6
 670

Lyra's Nickname Notebook

Lyra's Nickname Notebook

Because making up names for ponies is fun! I kinda wish my name started with "n" though, for the alliteration. Hahaha! "Nyra Neartstrings!" Oh Celestia I almost just died laughing. I take it back: I'm glad that's not my name.

Anyway, I guess I should start with myself. I'm Lyra, Lyly, Lye. Most ponies go with Lyra, but mom and dad do the other two. I think it would be kind of weird to hear them from somepony else.

L. I mean, you could do that, but when's the last time you met a pony whose name was just one letter? Pass.

Oh, but you know whose name also starts with L? Lemonhearts! That's a nice one, I like lemons. And then she's even got a heart in there like me! Obviously we were meant to be friends. Of course we call her Lemon all the time, Lemonade too. One time Minuette called her Lime, which I thought was great, and she got really upset. I think there's like some relatives she doesn't get along with.

We don't really use the Heart part of her name much. I think I've pretty much got that to myself. It's kind of just squished together with her Lemon. With my name it's a separate word. Lyra Heartstrings. Listen, you can hear a little pause.

Now Minuette, she's my mare. Mini's fun. She went by Colgate for a while in seventh grade. She said it was some dentist thing, and I still don't really get it, but she's studying to be an actual dentist now which is so cool! I like to send her letters addressed to Shiny McTeeth. She laughs every time. Then she'll send something back for String-a-ling. When it comes to silly names we are a team.

Anyway, who's next? Twinkleshine! Oh no, I better leave her alone. I might have called her Tinkle a few too many times when we were fillies. Heh, whoops. But she's really nice though.

Moondancer, Moonie, Moon Moon, Bookie. If only she danced. Then I'd call her Bookdancer, which just sounds better than Moonbook or Bookmoon. Can you tell that she likes books? Cause she really likes books. She doesn't need a boyfriend, she's got a bookfriend. A whole harem of 'em. She… this is hard, I don't want to say anything mean about her, she is a nice pony deep down. But she's just not a people pony, at all. And at this point I'm not really sure if she's our friend because she still likes us, or if she's just coasting from when we were fillies. She talked more then. I wish she'd talk more now, she must know so many interesting things.

Twilight's kind of the same way. At least you can talk to her—but only as long as it's about magic. Like yeah, magic's cool, but you gotta use it for something. You know? Like, she says I'm lazy, and maybe I am, but maybe I also just don't need all kinds of fancy spells to play my lyre? Anyway, doing names for her is hard, cause she's got an older brother, and he's taken most of the good ones. Lucky guy. At least there's somepony who sees how much potential she has. Twiley, Twi Twi, Twiggles, Twiggly Piggly (note: never say this one out loud), Booklight, Sparky, Sparkles, the list goes on. She's really cute, so I wish I could see her blush when I call her those things (yeah I've got a crush on her, so what?), but ol' Shiny's got it all locked down. More like Hiney, if you ask me.

And those are all of my best friends! 😁 They're so much fun to hang out with. Yeah, maybe some of them just spend the whole time reading, but they're still part of the team! After all, they could read anywhere, but they read with us. That's how I like to look at it.

Guess who's moving? This gal! Canterlot's great, but it also has issues. It gets stuffy and pretentious here sometimes. There's a lot of ponies who take everything way too seriously. Especially music. So I'm gonna go see what things are like in the rest of Equestria.

I'm heading to a town called Ponyville for a while. If you can't tell from the name, it's one of those little country towns, full of earth ponies. I can't wait to hear what the music is like there. Like obviously I've heard earth pony musicians, but I want to get it from the source.

Should I change my name when I go? Lyra Heartstrings does sound like a fancy unicorn name, cause, you know, that's what I am. I'm sure they're all lovely folks down there, but I don't want them to get the wrong impression of me. What about… Harp Heartstrings? Harp is a more common instrument. Nah, Harp and Heart sound too similar, and I for sure want to keep my Heart. Ya need one of those to live!

Whatever. I'm crazy enough that I'm sure they'll figure out I'm no snob real quick.

Okay, okay, so get this. Twilight lives in Ponyille too now. Can you believe it‽ It's like, this whole big story. I'm not even going to write it down here, I'm just going to save a newspaper. It's that big.

There's a whole new princess now. Apparently her name is Luna. I saw the pictures of her and she is just this adorable mare. I looked at it and was like "Luna? Nuh uh, I'm calling you Woona." Oh my goodness. Looks like Moonie's got some competition for her name. 😛

I seriously cannot get over this though.


I'm in P-Ville now! Absolutely nopony calls it that, and you know, fair. It is just the coziest, friendliest place.

I met this mare Pinkie Pie, and wow, she is my kind of girl. I was barely off the train and BAM, fluffy pink hug. It was awesome. Pinks said she's friends with everypony in town, and I sure ain't gonna be the exception. She even threw a party for me, like how cool is that? I hung out with Ponks the day after that too. We are going to be such good friends. I can't wait to introduce her to Minuette too. It'll be chaos, glorious smiling chaos. Penka. See, the trick with her is that you have to add an extra sound to the end of her name. Doesn't have to be a whole syllable, just something to keep it going. Leaving it at -nk is just too abrupt. Ponko, Punkie.

I'm going to get so fat if I stay here. So much candy!!! Pinkie is a baker and she loaded me up with treats—at least the ones she didn't "quality check" herself. Not only that, but there's this candy shop near the apartment I got. The mare who runs it said her name is Bon Bon, and you know the candy's going to be good when it's made by somepony literally named after it. It was fantastic, I really hope I can get Minuette to give me discounts for being her friend. Cause otherwise it's bye bye teeth! Seriously though, this stuff is worth it, I don't need teeth anyway. It doesn't hurt that Bon Bon is pretty cute…

I got a letter from Mom and Dad today. It was really sweet. I also got to meet the mailmare. Let me tell you, I'm starting to think everypony in this town has something going on with them. Her name is Derpy, and uh, it fits. She crashed into my door. She's a real sweetheart though, super apologetic about it. I asked around and it seems like pretty much everypony has that happen at some point. Poor girl. But if she feels discouraged about her clumsiness, she sure didn't let it show. You go!

Okay, here we go. I was walking along one day, and this pegasus stallion came up to me. There's actually a lot more pegasi here than I was expecting. Unicorns too. I'd say there's still more earth ponies than everypony else, but it's way more of a split than I was expecting. It's so exciting to be somewhere ponies are coming together like this. Anyway, this pegasus dude. I was sitting in the town square playing my music when he comes up and starts hitting on me. I don't need to tell you how that went.

I can't be too hard on him though. I am an attractive single mare. And it's only a matter of time before I fall for some mare who actually likes stallions. Ugh, that is just the worst. So sorry, Blunderlane, you'll find somepony.

Okay, so you remember that cute candy shop mare I told you about? Well I got some more candy and managed to talk to her for a bit. I went in and she was looking kind of grumpy. I mean I guess that's how I would put it. She wasn't scowling or wanting me to get out or anything. But she wasn't happy. How could anypony be unhappy when they're surrounded by candy? So she clearly needed some of the ol' Heartstrings cheer.

So I took my sweets and set up shop outside for a while. Music and candy—it doesn't get better than that! I played for a while, to add to the attraction of her store. I even took a few of the tips I got right back inside and got some more candy. The look on her face that time was great. She had no idea what to do with me.

That's when I made my move. "Hey, Miss Bon Bon," I said, "how's the candy doing today?" She didn't look like it was fine, but she said it was and it tasted good so I don't know. Maybe she just looks like that all the time? Or maybe it's some candy thing that you have to be really into it to notice. Like how sometimes a song will use the absolute wrong chord and my friends won't even notice. Where was I?

Oh yeah, so then she asked me if I was the music mare. Well nopony else plays like me. Then I basically explained to her that I'm new in town so I'm trying to be extra friendly. She said she was new in town too and wished she had thought of that. Like, girl, you make candy. If that doesn't get ponies to like I don't know what will. It sure is funny that there's so many new ponies in town. This place doesn't feel like it's that big, so I thought it would be a bigger deal. Oh well. Then I told her welcome to Ponyville even though I'm not really the right pony to say that. Yes, I said all of that. I meant it too. She's welcome to me.

So I figured that, as awesome as sitting in the street and just playing is, I should probably get a job at some point. Mom and Dad aren't going to pay the rent forever. So I started asking around about maybe giving music lessons. I ended up meeting the schoolteacher about it. Her name is Cheerilee, and oh my gosh that is just so wonderful. It fits too. Cheery, cheery, Cheerilee. I wonder if she likes cherries? She was nice and said she'd ask her students if anypony was interested.

Then I went and got some chocolate, cause I had a craving. But as I was eating it I realized, Lyra you silly filly, you don't just like this candy, you have a crush on that candy mare! So I went back inside and asked her out!! She said yes!!! We're going to have lunch together tomorrow. I hope it goes well. Though I think she needs this more than me. Every time I go in her shop she seems stressed out, even grumpy sometimes. But I just have this feeling that there's more to her than that, that there's somepony sweeter hiding underneath. Plus I want to find out how she does those curls in her mane—cuute!

Omigosh, we went to this cafe and the sandwiches were so good. The daisies were so fresh and tasty, I never had anything like it in Canterlot. Moving here was definitely a good idea. Oh yeah, I guess I should talk about Bon too 😛. She ended up spending most of the time venting. So that's not the greatest date ever, but she seemed like she really needed it, so I'll cut her some slack. From the sound of things she hasn't had anypony to just talk to for a while. She just opened her shop and is trying to get it going. It sounds really hard, I hope things get better for her.

The thing is, I'm not sure if it was really a date for her. I think she just needed somepony to listen to her. I can't blame her for it, but it's disappointing that we're not looking for the same thing here. A real Bon Bummer. Sorry, I couldn't resist. In any case, she does need a friend, maybe I'll see if I can tease some fun out of her.

Huh, I keep forgetting that Twilight is in this town. I really need to go and say hi to her.

Update on Twilight. I believe she may have been kidnapped and replaced by an impostor. She's got like a whole gang of friends here. She even talks to them! Well good for her, I always worried that she was lonely. Also, one of her new friends is Pinks. I'll have to get her to introduce me to the rest.

On another note, does everypony in this town bake? Am I going to have to learn how to make treats to keep living here? Because Derpy stopped by wanting to make up for that crash the other day, and she brought muffins she'd made. Really, really good muffins. Why is she a mailmare? She'd be a great baker. Though I guess at this rate, everypony in Ponyville could be. I know I said it before, but Ponyville is going to make me fat. It's such a nice place, it'll be worth it. Though, uh, Derpy also said she was apologizing in advance cause she's probably going to crash into me some more? Which is a little concerning. At least she's sweet.

I had a second date with Bon, never even saw it coming. I was just chilling by her shop with my lyre and tip jar, and she came out and asked me if I wanted to go out with her again. She said she was really grateful for me listening to her. Well, how could I say no to a pretty face like that?

It was fun. See, I'd noticed that she didn't really have a name for her place. The sign just said "Candy Shop." Lucky for her she came to the right mare. I told her she could do better. Heh, she spent the last date venting, I basically spent all of this one coming up with names for her. It's what I do best. You know, aside from making music. It was easy though, she has so much to work with. There's Bon Bon's, Bon's Bons, Bon Bon's Bon Bons, The Bonporium. You don't even have to use her name: The Sweet Zone, Sweets & Treats—she said she didn't like the word "sweet" though, which is weird since that's what she does, but oh well. That's just how it is sometimes. Cupcake Cabin, Delectable Delights, Edible Ecstasy… I went down the whole alphabet!

It was a good time. And we made plans for another, so that's fun. She's just nice to hang out with.

I know what you're wondering about my third date with Bonnie. Everypony says that that's when you kiss them. It was quite the dilemma for me. Bonnie is a smoochable mare, but on the other hoof, if you think Lyra Heartstrings gives a flick of her tail for what "everypony says," you don't know her. Anyway, Bonnie kissed me before I could make up my mind. We didn't make out or anything, it was just a little peck on my cheek. I didn't see it coming.

I've only just started getting to know her, but she didn't seem like the type to make that kind of move first. I mean, I guess there was that whole thing where she found me for our second date, but that doesn't count cause it makes me wronger. This is my diary, I can say what I want. She's a lot calmer than the ponies I usually hang out with. I ain't comparing her to Pinkie or Minuette or anything, but even Twilight gets pretty, uh, "excited" when she's stressed.

The feeling I've gotten so far is that she's really sweet, but you gotta work for it. On the surface she's got this whole "I don't have time for this" attitude, and I don't think it's just because of her shop. Apparently I managed to get through that. It feels nice. I also feel this excitement at going farther. I just know we're going to be best friends!

Wow, the last few weeks have been so great I even forgot to write anything down about them. And it's not like I'm going to forget them, but I want extra memories. Bonnie is the star of the show, of course. I've been hanging out with her a lot. It's great because even if we weren't marefriends, we'd still be regular friends, I bet. We just get each other. Ponyville is a nice place to just walk around, so we do that a lot. We chat and say hi to everypony and it's all really chill. I don't know if you can even call the walks dates anymore, it's just something we do together.

And I've learned so much about her. She's from Fillydelphia, and has a whole family of cooks. She moved to Ponyville because she wanted a little space for herself. She didn't really go into detail, so I'm not sure how she gets along with her family. I hope it's well. Oh, and her favorite color is—wait for it—green! Can you believe it!? That's mine too. 😛 You know I teased her about it. It's kinda tricky though, cause I feel like there isn't much green candy, that must be so hard not to be able to use her favorite color like if her name was Spinach Salad or something like that. Dang, I kinda want some spinach now.

Anyway, she's great, lots of fun to be around. But we are marefriends too and that's even better. It means we can do fun friend things, and I can smooch her. She's really pretty, Ms. Diary. Her coat is such a lovely soft bright creamy color. And her mane is a nice pink and purple that goes with it so well. Like, sorry Pinkie Pie, I'm not saying you look bad, but that's just a little too much pink for me. Bon Bon though has it all nicely balanced. Her voice is amazing too, she can do so many different things with it. She can make herself sound like nearly anypony without breaking a sweat. I definitely pushed her into auditioning for the Ponyville choir with me. You've got an instrument there girl, I'm going to make sure you use it! Oh, yeah, I joined the town choir, by the way. Not to get all snobby or anything, but it's definitely a small town thing, lots of ponies who do it as a hobby. Uhhh, I don't know where I'm going with this. There's a lot of nice ponies and I love that they're making music. That's the important thing. Everypony should make music.

Bonnie Bon Bon. Bon bon bon bon bon bon bon. Bon. BB.

Bonnie Lonnie Loo, I love you.

Heh, she rolled her eyes so hard when I said that. Well I think it's cute. Sorry, Bon Bon, but this time you're Bon Wrong.

Wow, where does the time go? I'm moving in with Bon Bon, I'm so excited. It's like having a sleepover with your best friend every night.

We make such a great team. I even went to the cafe by myself the other day, and the waiter gave me two menus anyway. Cause if I'm there obviously Bon Bon's gonna be coming too. Nope. Not that time. It was pretty cute though. You should have seen the smile on Bon's face when I told her.

Okay, so it's not that I take back what I said about us being a team, just that maybe she should leave things like picking curtains to me. I may not work with colors, but I am an artist, I have an instinct for these things.

I have no idea how it took this long, but I just found out that Octavia of all ponies lives here now! I know, right? She ought to be in the Royal Orchestra. Of course she told me the same thing, just like she did all through school. The difference is that I'm too crazy for the orchestra, I need to be able to just make my music the way I want to. And that was before I fell in love. Now there's no way I could manage it. Still, it was nice to catch up. Bon's great and always listens to me, but I know she doesn't actually understand a lot of my music talk. It's the same way she doesn't have me test her candy anymore cause I just say everything tastes good (it does, what else am I supposed to say?).

Heh, look at that. Even when I talk about somepony else I come right back to Bonnie. Sorry, Tavi, but she's my first chair.

But yeah, I got along better with Octavia than we used to in school. It's nice to have a music friend. Especially since things didn't work out with Bonnie and the choir. She just didn't get into it. She has such a nice voice, she could be an amazing singer if she worked on it. Is this how Octavia feels when she tries to get me into an orchestra? Cause if it is I really see where she's coming from now. Still not gonna do it 🙂 I want to make the best music I can, but I do it for myself (and Bonnie, but making her happy makes me happy, so I still count that as for me).

I take back the take back. So I was talking to Bonnie about the curtains, and she was like, but Lyra, they look so pretty in the morning, cause she gets up really early to make her candy. So I got up with her this morning and she was right. The sunrise made them look really good. I'll give her that one, but I still think they're not that great during the rest of the day.

Bonnie is a weird mare. She's not as enthusiastic about my silly names as I am, but usually she just shrugs it off. This time I didn't even go silly, I just called her "Sweetie" and she froze up and snapped at me about it. Sheesh, I was just trying to be cute. Maybe she got teased about it as a filly cause it's what her talent is? But what kind of pony would tease someone for liking sweets? I dunno. She is sweet though, whether she likes it or not.

Ahhhhhh We had our anniversary! It was so hard to figure out what to do. I knew that basically I wanted to take her back to Canterlot for a day, but not, like, what to do there. I mean obviously I took her to meet my family (that went well), and we hung out with my friends for a little while (they visit Ponyville all the time so she knows them already), and we went out for dinner. You know, all the usual stuff. But she deserves better. I was thinking maybe we could go to a concert, but I couldn't shake off the feeling that that would seem like it was for me. I basically ended up winging it. You know, showing her around, taking her to all the places I liked as a filly. It was fun, but the whole time I couldn't stop worrying if it was special enough for her.

Bon Bon is a wonderful mare. I love her so much. She started calling me Lyly after we visited my parents. It felt right hearing it from her. Every time she says my name it's like music. Her voice makes every word and syllable beautiful. My lyre can barely keep up.

We were at my favorite park. It was around sunset, and we'd spent all evening walking around the city. I finally had to admit I didn't have a real plan. She said she knew. I was worried she was mad, but she just sat down next to me, leaning against me. We watched the sunset together. At least, I thought it was together, when I turned to her she was just staring at me instead. She kissed me. She's always quicker with kisses than I am. She kissed me and said she loves me. I don't think any mare in Equestria was as happy and lucky as I was. As I am.

Life is good.

Pony Pony Ponyville. I feel like this town said to itself, "I have a really plain, boring name. I'd better be the weirdest place ever to make up for it." Like the very first week I was here there was that whole thing with Princess Luna. It didn't stop there, oh no. It seems like every week something goes down. I pretty much expect it at this point. But you know what the really crazy part is? Ol' Twilight Sparkle is always in the middle of it trying to fix things. And now they've made her a princess for it, with wings and everything. I never would have seen that coming. She's not a unicorn anymore, she's a Twilicorn. Twiwings Soarkle. Eh, that one sounds more like a pegasus version of her, it doesn't sound very good in general either. Oh well, I'm sure I'll come up with something.

Back to Bonnie B. The B stands for beautiful, cause that's what she is. Also, you know, Bon. Things are going really well with her shop. She's finally let herself stop worrying about it so much. I kept telling her that candy will make you a lot of friends. Though the live music also helps draw ponies in. Not to toot my own horn—I'm a strings kind of gal! Hee hee.

Seriously though, those sweets are what got me in her door, and look where that led. And she's also so strong and determined. I've seen the shop's books, she did not have much to start with. She put everything into it. I'm amazed she found any time for me. It really makes me feel special.

Is Buttershy a bad nickname for Fluttershy? It sounds like I'm saying she's fat, but she's not. She's just so yellow. Phooey. I don't know why I'm thinking of her, it just popped into my head. I guess that's part of the problem, I just don't know her well enough to say things like that. I bet Pinkie could get away with it.

Pinkie Pankie Penkie Ponkie Punkie Pie. There's a mare I can get into trouble with. She's even sillier than I am. And she can bake (though I like Bon Bon's stuff just a liittle bit more, no offense).

So it turns out her name isn't really Bon Bon, or didn't used to be Bon Bon, or… or something like that. She's really Sweetie Drops. She used to be a secret agent. So that's a doozy. This whole time I thought she was just a candymare. Well, the important part is that she really does love me. That all the time we've spent together was real. That all the things she's done for me were because she really cares about me.

We talked all night. Even with all this stuff going on she's still so easy to talk to. I guess I shouldn't write down a lot of the things she told me. They're supposed to be secret, after all. Long story short, her past was made up, but us, that's real. I really hope that's true, I've never loved anypony the way I love her. So we're going to try and get through this, keep going. Wish us luck.

I spent today just wandering around town thinking about things. I guess I've got a lot to think about. I've got a lot of things to think about but all the things are about one thing. Think-a-thing-a-thang. Can you tell I don't really want to talk about it?

We kind of made up. She said she was sorry, and I said it was okay. But things still don't feel okay. I'm not sure what they feel like. I knew there would be times when we screwed up with each other, but I never imagined anything like this. I have no idea what's going on, I don't even know if I'm mad at her or not.

She said I can call her whatever I want. I tried saying the name Sweetie Drops a few times. It feels weird. It sounds awkward. The mare I fell in love with was called Bon Bon, but if I keep on calling her that, what happens to her old life? Who was that mare? That kind of stuff doesn't just go away.

Bon and I went on a date. We have to have done that at least a thousand times by now. That's pretty awesome, isn't it? A thousand dates with the same pony. It was nothing fancy, we just went to the park to hang out for a while. I messed around on my lyre. Things were still kind of awkward with Bon Bon, but it felt like old times. It's like repeating that early part of our relationship. We're still in a minor key, but it's a different one from yesterday, and surely we will return to that old major. What kind of song would this be if we didn't?

She keeps making my favorite sweets. They're still really good—that candy cutie mark sure isn't fake. But it kind of feels like she's trying too hard to apologize, if that makes sense. It's hard to describe, I'm just feeling a million different things. But there's one more thing I wanted to mention. Today I made a joke about Mayor Mare and if she had a sister named Mayo Mare. I can't remember exactly how it went but Bonnie thought it was hilarious. The sound of her laughter brought me right back to how things used to be. I could tell it was the same mare laughing.

We went up to Canterlot to visit the gals. Old Moony was having a little party. She's finally reconnecting with us, it's great. I finally got to introduce Bonnie to her. All the other girls knew we were a pair, she was the only one left. It felt good to tell her, like finally resolving a chord.

Y'know, I never thought I of all ponies would like things being normal, but here we are. It's like the old days with me and my Bonnie. I'm not really sure how to describe what we've been doing though. It's kind of just life in general. It would probably be easier to talk about what we haven't been doing together. I like this.

It makes me think that maybe all this was for the best. If we can get through something like this and come out okay, then there's nothing that can stop us. I love Bon Bon and she loves me. And that's how it will always be.

Heehee. Did I ever mention how I'm a bad influence on ponies? I mean, I bet you figured that out yourself, but yeah. There's a decent number of ponies who just call us LyraBon now, like we're fused together or something. Though now that I think about it, that whole dream thing with Princess Luna where we were fused together probably has something to do with it too. That was kind of fun actually.

I keep thinking about how lovely it is being with Bon. I want to do this forever.

Lyra Bonstrings. Bonnie Heartstrings. Lyra Heartbon. Bonra. 💖

I love her so much. Sweet Celestia, this is the mare I was meant to be with. I finally proposed to her. I asked her if she wanted to marry me, and even though I knew we both wanted this, I was so nervous. And then, and then she didn't say yes. She just took out the ring she had ready, and asked me to marry her. I have the best fiancée in Equestria. Oh that's so fun to say. Because it means we're going to be married! Married! Married!

I thought I was going to explode, I've been so excited for our wedding. And now it's finally happened. We are officially married. We're on the train heading off to our honeymoon as I write this. Bon Bon is cuddled up next to me. I liked cuddling her already, but now that she's my wife, it's even better. I didn't think that was possible.

Life with the wife is great. It isn't all that different, I mean, we were already living together and doing everything together. But that's pretty much why I married her, because this is what I want my life to be, our little duet.

If we ever get a foal, she'll be Bon Mom. She'd be a good mom.

My wife, my better half, the old Bon-and-chain (I don't like that expression, but I couldn't resist the pun), my partner (bleh), my beloved (😍).

So Twilight is in charge of Equestria now. I swear, every time I look away that mare does something incredible. But here's the fun part. Big Twiggy invited us to her coronation, and it was the first event we've been too since we got married. So the invitation said "Mrs. Heartstrings and Mrs. Bon Bon." That's us! Sorry, Twilight, I know it's your special day, but everything that reminds me that Bonnie is my wife makes me feel special. I hope you meet somepony like that.

It's our anniversary again. I can't even remember which one. Honestly, I don't really care. What's important is that I got another year with Bonnie. I'm so lucky. This song that we're playing together is such a beautiful one. Sure, we hit a wrong note every now and then, but who doesn't? At least we can laugh about it together.

I have a new thing. She was making some honey candy the other day, so of course I called her honey. And then I was like wait, hon is short for honey, right? Well that looks a lot like Bon, soooo. Hon Hon! Honnie works too.

Comments ( 6 )

This was a delightful read!

The diary format worked surprisingly well to tell the story. Very nice, very nice indeed.

Really nice work! lOve how you used both names for ponies, I did too to have it easier with writing

I could feel the crazy energy radiating from every word. I read it so quickly and it made it so delightful!!!!

Okay, okay, so get this. Twilight lives in Ponyille too now. Can you believe it‽

What, that someone actually remembered the interrobang - the greatest punctuation mark in existence? Just about, but it's still a surprise.

Bonnie Lonnie Loo, I love you.

I'm not sure which is weirder: that I imagined her singing that to the Scooby Doo theme... or that it actually kind of fits.

Login or register to comment