• Published 30th Aug 2020
  • 415 Views, 90 Comments

The Shatter Realm - keithsterling



This story is in response to some questions Queenchrysalisforever put into a review of one of my story. How does Princess Blueberry Swirl Silverlight feel about this war.

  • ...
 90
 415

Chapter 8 (The solar guard)

~The evening two weeks after the Crystal City purging small outpost base for the Friendship Kingdom army~

Slowly a lovely-looking lavender-colored Alicorn/siren mare with sky blue mane and tail makes her way to the Friendship Kingdom outpost base. Her 5ft 10in equine figure was attired in purple Special Forces combat body armor of the 41st Nightwing Battalion. Her perfectly shaped lavender-colored bare feet with blue violet-colored toenail polish were purple-colored form-fitting armored boots part of the nano-suit combat versatility systems.

Adhere to her back (by special brackets) was a Colt commando pulse assault rifle and Special Force personal backpack. Around her waist was a utility belt holster with Special Forces custom pulse pistol and small satchel charge. On her head, over her horn, was purple colored Multi-optics helmet. This unicorn mare was 1st Lieutenant Alysia Ara Silverlight, the oldest daughter of the Grand Prince of the Moon Somnus Silverlight and 41st Nightwing battalion saboteur operative.

'No heat signals in any of the guard towers on all four corners.' Alysia thought as she scanned the towers with a thermo-imager in her helmet.

"Friendship Kingdom outpost base, please respond code AAS 221," Alysia said into her build-in helmet radio. Suddenly six heat signatures begin to form in the outpost base, followed by four single heat signatures appear in each tower.

"Solar Guard outpost base replying code SGC 02, Colonel Emerald Luster. AAS 221, please enter the outpost base. Royal Division of Solar Guard is now in control of the outpost base after it was abandoned by the Friendship Kingdom army." The mare voice said over the radio as Alysia approach the blast gates, it slowly opens.

~One month before deployment of the Equestria Royal Army to the Crystal Empire at the Special Operations Division building Grand Royal Palace~

Stand in the command office of Grand Prince of the Moon Somnus Silverlight were two mares. The first mare was a gorgeous looking thistle purple unicorn mare with flax yellow mane and tail. Her physical fit 5ft 10in equine figure was attired in the Gunmetal gray skirt uniform of the old Solar Guard Division.

A pair of eleven-inch long thistle purple flawless and unblemished shaped bare feet sported a mare's size twelve black high heel pumps with three and one-half heels. On her head, behind her horn, was a black beret with gold sun and shield symbol on it. This unicorn mare was Captain Jewel Luster, the daughter of the retired Major Ruby Luster, after the death of Somnus's father and top-ranked sniper mare in the old Solar Guard Division under the command of Somnus's father, Prince Justice Silverlight.

The second mare was gorgeous looking light blue pegasi mare with vivid violet mane and tail. Her physically fit 5ft 10in equine figure was attired in the Gunmetal gray skirt uniform of the old Solar Guard Division.

On a pair of eleven inch long light blue flawless and unblemished shaped bare feet sported a mare's size twelve black high heel pumps with three and one-half heels. Folded on her back were her light blue feathered bird wings. On her head, between her ears, was a black beret with gold sun and shield symbol on it. This Pegasi mare was Captain Carine Stormchaser, the daughter of the retired Major Anita Stormchaser after the death of Somnus's father and top-ranked scout in the old Solar Guard Division under the command of Somnus's father, Prince Justice Silverlight.

"You sent for us, your highness?" Both mares said simultaneously as they salute Prince Somnus, and before Somnus could speak, Jewel raises her hand up to stop him.

"Before you say anything, your highness, we recognize you as the Grand Prince of the Moon. But that was not why we came; you are the son of my mother’s closest friend. Our undying loyalty belongs to Commander Justice Silverlight and no other. With that say your highness, we reserve the right to refuse anything you ask of us." Jewel said staunchly as Somnus's sighs and the ears on top his head droop.

"I knew it was going to be difficult, even my own older sister, Grand Princess of the Sun Aurora Silverlight, has not fully earned the loyalty of the whole Royal Division of Solar Guard. But they are loyal to Equestria like my father was." Somnus said, knowing as he placed his elbows on his desk and rests his hands on his snout.

"Will you both just hear me out? If you want to refuse what I ask, it will be devastating. But I will accept it." Somnus comments as he watches Jewel float two chairs in front of his desk and the two mares sit down and cross their legs.

"Princess Twilight Sparkle and her Friendship assembly have come under suspicion of aiding Princess Flurry Heart Sparkle her niece and her Crystal Empire. They didn't act went Flurry Heart took the throne from Grand Princess of love Blueberry Swirl Silverlight, my little sister; it was a shock. The answer Princess Twilight gave was they didn't know it hurt. If we must call up the Friendship Kingdom army for this Crystal war, they're a good chance they will abandon their post. So we need two soldiers from Equestria Royal Army to keep their eyes on the Friendship Kingdom army. If I sent anyone from my 41st Nightwing Battalion, they would surely be spotted by the Friendship Kingdom. But the Royal Division of Solar Guard has largely been forgotten to the general public the Solar guard was disbanded went my father passed." Somnus explains as the two mares begin to speak in the Solar Guard code, a language his father taught to his Solar Guard soldiers.

"All right, your highness, we will take the mission." Both mares said simultaneously as they salute Prince Somnus, surprising him that went he lay out the whole plan for them.

~A few hours later that same month before deployment of the Equestria Royal Army to the Crystal Empire at the Special Operations Division building Grand Royal Palace~

As it was getting later, Grand Prince of the Moon Somnus Silverlight was about to leave his office to head to the throne room went two more mares walk into the office. The first mare was a gorgeous looking orchid purple older unicorn mare with fern green mane and tail. Her athletic 5ft 11in equine figure was attired in the Gunmetal gray skirt uniform of the old Solar Guard Division.

On a pair of eleven and one-sixth inch long orchid purple flawless and unblemished shaped bare feet sported a mare's size twelve and one-fifth black high heel pumps with three one-half heels. On her head, behind her horn, was a black beret with gold sun and shield symbol on it. This unicorn mare is Major Ruby Luster a master sniper mare in old Solar Guard Division under the command of Somnus's father, Prince Justice Silverlight.

The second mare was appealing looking white older pegasi mare with Spanish blue mane and tail. Her physically fit 5ft 7in equine figure was attired in the Gunmetal gray skirt uniform of the old Solar Guard Division.

A pair of ten-inch long white flawless and unblemished shaped bare feet sported a mare's size nine black high heel pumps with three and one-half heels. Folded on her back were her white feathered bird wings. On her head, between her ears, was a black beret with gold sun and shield symbol on it. This Pegasi mare is Major Anita Stormchaser, a master scout in the old Solar Guard Division under the command of Somnus's father, Prince Justice Silverlight.

"Well, what are two most decorated Solar Guard mares doing here and members of my father's senior command staff, Major Luster and Major Stormchaser. Greetings, Ladies." Somnus said politely and respectfully as he bows two mares in front of him. This causes the two mares to shyly chuckle.

"There no doubt you are Justice's son, your highness," Ruby said politely as the two older mares sat down in the chair in front of Somnus's desk.

"I thank you, Lady Ruby and Lady Anita. But that still has not told me why you two have come to see me?" Somnus inquiry sitting back down in his chair.

"We have come here to offer the services of two Master Solar Guard members. If not for your father, we mares that makeup Solar Guard unit. We would not be allowed to prove ourselves long ago. So we are permanently indebted to your father, your highness." Anita explains as Somnus gape in stunned silence with two masters offering their skills to the Equestria Royal Army.

~Back to present Solar Guard Outpost base command center~

Meanwhile, at the Solar Guard outpost base in the underground command center, sitting behind the base's combat computer was a gorgeous looking pearly purple older unicorn mare with fern green mane and tail. Her toned 5ft 9in equine figure was attired the gunmetal gray color nano-suit of the Royal Division of Solar Guard.

On a pair of eleven and one-third inch, long pearly purple flawless and unblemished shaped bare feet were Gunmetal gray-colored form-fitting boots. This unicorn mare is Colonel Emerald Luster, the solar guard commanding officer for the new Solar Guard outpost base. She is soon joined by appealing looking white older pegasi mare with Spanish blue mane and tail. Her physically fit 5ft 7in equine figure was attired in the gunmetal gray color nano-suit of the Royal Division of Solar Guard.

On a pair of ten-inch long white flawless and unblemished shaped bare feet were Gunmetal gray-colored form-fitting boots. Folded on her back were her white feathered bird wings. This Pegasi mare is Major Anita Stormchaser, the solar guard executive officer for the new Solar Guard outpost base. The command center's final mare was gorgeous looking orchid purple older unicorn mare with fern green mane and tail. Her athletic 5ft 11in equine figure was attired in the gunmetal gray color nano-suit of the Royal Division of Solar Guard.

On a pair of eleven and one-sixth inch long orchid purple flawless and unblemished shaped bare feet were Gunmetal gray-colored form-fitting boots. This unicorn mare is Major Ruby Luster the Solar guard operations officer for the new Solar Guard outpost base.

A moment later, a very lovely looking lavender-colored Alicorn/siren mare with sky blue mane and tail walks into the outpost base's command center. Her 5ft 10in equine figure was attired in purple nano-suit of the 41st Nightwing battalion. On her, perfectly shaped lavender-colored bare feet were purple colored form-fitting boots. This unicorn mare was 1st Lieutenant Alysia Ara Silverlight, the oldest daughter of the Grand Prince of the Moon Somnus Silverlight and 41st Nightwing battalion saboteur operative.

"You three are from my grandfather's senior command staff of the Royal Division of Solar Guard. Went you say, Colonel Emerald Luster, it never registered that you are my Grandfather's Senior Commander." Alysia said, shocked as her face glazes with shock looking at the three senior commanders for her grandfather’s Royal Division of Solar Guard.

"Your grandfather?" Emerald exclaims as she looked at her sister Ruby a bit puzzled. She was equally puzzled as Anita had a knowing smile on her snout that Emerald noticed.

"Anita? Do you know who this young mare grandfather is?" Emerald asked, looking toward Anita.

"Yes, this young mare in front of you is Princess Alysia Ara Silverlight, Justice's oldest granddaughter, and his son's oldest daughter," Anita explains as Ruby and Emerald gasp in shock.

"You are Justice's Granddaughter?" Emerald exclaimed as a cold fist feeling closed over her heart, learning that Justice's son had foals of his own.

"That is correct, Miss Pegasi, how do you know that?" Alysia inquiry as Anita chuckles softly into the back of her hand.

"You probably don't remember me, your highness. You were still a baby went I visited you. I was fulfilling a promise I make to your grandfather to keep an eye on his family went he died. My name is Major Anita Stormchaser, your highness." Anita said politely as Alysia's face flushes with happiness.

"Aunt Stormchaser!" Alysia exclaimed as runs up to Anita and hugs her.

"Like your grandfather, your father insisted that you call me Auntie," Anita said as she returns Alysia's hugged and kisses her on her horn.

"Colonel Luster, you report that the Friendship Kingdom army abandoned this outpost base. Is that right, Mam?" Alysia inquiry as she turns her attention towards Emerald.

"Yes, your highness." Emerald reply

"Went did it happen, Colonel? And went did you find out?" Alysia asked as the four mares sat down around the holographic tactical table in the command center.

Meanwhile, above ground 'Palomino,' a light reconnaissance Equestria Royal Army helicopter comes in for a landing piloted by Grand Princess of the Sun Aurora Silverlight. Accompanying her was Grand Prince of the Moon Somnus Silverlight and Grand Princess of Love Blueberry Swirl Silverlight. The three rulers headed to the Friendship Kingdom outpost base after getting a report from an off-duty Equestria Royal Army reconnaissance team of a small Friendship Kingdom convoy heading back to the Friendship Kingdom vie a little-used road.

"Staff Sergeant, where is the commanding officer for this post?" Blueberry inquiry as she spoke to Solar Guard staff sergeant mare who guided the helicopter in.

"The Colonel is in the command center, talking to a 1st Lieutenant who arrived about an hour ago." Solar Guard Staff Sergeant Mare explains, pointing to the entry tunnel into the post's underground section.

With that, the three rulers walk down the entry tunnel and head toward the Command Center of the outpost base. It takes only a few minutes to arrive at the command center; the two older rulers gasp upon see who in command of the outpost.

"Colonel Emerald Luster!" The two older royal foals exclaimed.

"Greeting your highnesses, it had been quite a long time. You probably already know this, but your father would be very proud that you two took over rule from your missing Mother and Aunt. I will guess that his third mare with you is Justice's youngest daughter Princess Blueberry Swirl Silverlight. You kind of look like your mother, Princess Celestia Silverlight." Emerald comment as she stood in front of Blueberry, who was a bit confused with this unicorn mare knowing all about her royal family.

"I am unicorn, and who are you?" Blueberry inquiry as Emerald smiled.

"I am Colonel Emerald Luster, your father's second in command of Royal Division of Solar Guard. These other two mares make up your father's senior command staff for the Solar Guard." Emerald explains as she's a gesture the three rulers to sit down around the holographic tactical table in the command center.

"Went you three arrived, I was going to answer your daughter's two questions she asked me," Emerald explains as Alysia sits down next to her father, allowing her Aunt Aurora to take her seat at the holographic tactical table.

"We believed the mass retreat of the Friendship Kingdom army happens sometime late last night. Went our small undercover Solar Guard squad was sleeping, we don't believe the small company of Friendship Kingdom military knew that the Solar Guard was posing as Mercenaries. Because Princess Twilight Sparkle paid off contract fully and told them their services were no longer needed." Emerald explains as the whole table gasped at once.

"As for me, I found a message in my room tell me something was going to happen one of these nights. The message was from Miss Rarity Radiance, so I took a solo mission, so I will be away from the post that would take a few nights to complete." Emerald explains as she passed around the message from Miss Rarity Radiance so all could read it.