• Published 30th Aug 2020
  • 417 Views, 90 Comments

The Shatter Realm - keithsterling



This story is in response to some questions Queenchrysalisforever put into a review of one of my story. How does Princess Blueberry Swirl Silverlight feel about this war.

  • ...
 90
 417

Chapter 5 (Crystal City)

Walking quickly down the street of the Angelinite Ward of the Crystal City on her way to a moderately sized estate in the ward carrying a small suitcase was drop-dead gorgeous shiny blue crystal unicorn mare with gradient orange, pink, light blue and green mane and tail. Her 5ft 11in sleekly muscular equine figure was attired in a white short-sleeve knit polo shirt and black classic straight jeans. On her flawless and unblemished, quite gorgeous crystal feet with rich magenta-colored toenail polish were gray flat sandals with a one-inch heel.

This crystal unicorn mare was Lady Bonnie Starsong, the daughter of a minor noble mare in the Crystal Empire and Senior Royal Maid for Grand Prince of the Moon Somnus Silverlight. She was in the city and became trapped went the Crystal Protection Protocol and dome shield was initiated.

"Mother!" Bonnie called as she walks into a well maintained small mansion home in the ward.

"Yes," a crystal mare answers from top of the staircase.

Standing on the staircase's top landing was stunning gorgeous shiny Savoy blue crystal older unicorn mare with gradient pale blue, mint green, and bright yellow mane and tail. Her 6ft even sleekly muscular equine figure was attired in an orange short-sleeve mid-knee length dress. On her splendid and impeccable, quite gorgeous crystal feet with ruby red-colored toenail polish were tan putty wedge sandals with one fourth-inch heel. This older crystal unicorn mare is Baroness Antoinette Starsong, a Crystal Empire minor noble mare and Bonnie's own mother.

"Bonnie! I thought you had to catch a flight back to Canterlot?" Antoinette comments, a bit puzzled as she's saunter down the staircase to her mansion home's ground floor to talk to her daughter.

"I was mother; all flights have been canceled out of the Crystal City went the Crystal Protection Protocol was initiated, and I became trap in Crystal City. I was finally released from the airport about two minutes ago. But as I was leaving, a small squad of Crystal Ponies in black standard combat body armor armed with modified pulse machine pistols five and standard pulse pistols walked into the airport." Bonnie explains as Antoinette's misty blue eyes widen in alarm with what her daughter said.

"Did you say black body armor?" Antoinette asked as Bonnie shook her head.

"Those ponies in black body armor are the Black obsidian secret police force; every single noble in the crystal city flatly turns down that request by Princess Flurry Heart Sparkle to form them. But it looks like she did it anyway without the approval of Crystal City Council." Antoinette said testily as her lips curl with disgust with Princess Flurry Heart Sparkle disregard for protocol.

"Mother, what is the job of Black obsidian secret police force?" Bonnie inquiry as her mother sighs.

"The reason all the nobility flatly turn down that request the group was going to be granted open power and freedom to conduct surveillance operations, engage in 'sting' operations, and seize evidence, search homes, and interrogate citizens without the slightest provocation or tangible evidence. Bullies with guns." Antoinette said spitefully as she slams her foot on the ground.

"If that so mother, why activate them now?" Bonnie inquiry as Antoinette wonders why too.

"Let fine out, Bonnie. I should still be able to access the Princess Amore AI matrix with my noble passkey." Antoinette said as the two mares make their way to her private office on the second floor of her mansion home to access the Princess Amore AI matrix.

It takes only a few minutes to make it to Antoinette's private office on her mansion home's second floor. As the two mares push through the door, they walk into a medium-sized room painted in a blue-gray paint scheme with choice leather furniture strategically placed to give an air of professionalism with a moody vibe.

Toward the office's back in front of a large window were a single antique black executive desk and leather executive chair. Antoinette quickly sits down in the leather executive chair behind the desk and begins typing on her holo keyboard of her holo computer. Soon the holographic head of Princess Amore AI spring to life in front of her. Soon the Princess Amore AI holographic eyes widen in alarm.

"You’re Lady ship, the Black obsidian secret police are coming. Order 166 has been executed to terminate all the Crystal Empire Nobility and the purging of controlling power in the Crystal City. Please make your escape if at least one noble survives, you can rebuild the noble class went this crisis ends." Princess Amore AI said her voice becomes high and hysterical as Antoinette grabs her daughter's hand.

She walks up to a bookcase and pulls on a single book opening a secret pass way to her mansion home's apple cider cellar. Antoinette quickly bars the door into the basement and walks up to a huge apple cider cask; she turns the spout on the barrel and pulls it open. In the deep apple cider cask, Antoinette instructs Bonnie to pull the hidden lever at the same time as her.

Went she does two-door slide open, and the two mares enter a single 8x8 square room with one way magic portal and supplies. The single room is sparsely decorated with two wooden benches; Bonnie watches her mother walk behind a folding screen and undress. A moment later, her mother come out from behind the folding screen wearing an orange short-sleeve knit polo shirt and Wheatfield color beige jeans.

She pap-pops barefooted over to one of the benches and sits down. She slides a black trouser sock onto her crystal foot with ruby red-colored toenail polish before slipping her foot into black bootie with one and three-fourths heel before zipping it up. She does the same with the other foot till she wearing both black booties.

"Bonnie, please takes your sandals off quickly, dear, and put these on," Antoinette said, insisting as she floats her pair of black trouser socks and second pair of black booties that will fit her.

Bonnie begins to remove her sandals and put the black trouser socks, black booties on her crystal feet with rich magenta-colored toenail polish. Her mother begins to pack two large high-quality backpacks with the supplies around the room. Went she done, she floats a knee-length winter jacket, fur hat, and bag to Bonnie.

Once both mares are dress in the winter jacket and backpack, Antoinette passes her hand in front of the one-way magic portal. The portal opens, and a frigid breeze blows through the opening as a heavy snowstorm rages on the portal's other side. Quickly both mares don a pair of shooting glasses and enter the portal. Once through the portal, they step out into a snow-covered evergreen forest overlooking the shielded Crystal City.

The two mares trek through the blinding snowstorm of this evergreen forest heading to the Crystal Empire and Equestria border. While they journey through blinding snowstorms, the pair gets turn around and head in the opposite direction of the Crystal Empire border and head straight toward the small outpost base for the Friendship Kingdom army.

Hunker down in a large cave were two mares waiting out the storm around a small warming campfire and parked just inside the cave entrance covered by arctic white camo netting were two snowmobiles. These two mares were on a reconnaissance mission for the Friendship kingdom army checking the evergreen forest overlooking the shielded Crystal City went the snowstorm hit.

The first mare was a gorgeous looking thistle purple unicorn mare with flax yellow mane and tail. Her physical fit 5ft 10in equine figure was attired in a dull gold-colored nano-suit with her dull gold-colored form-fitting boot upon bare thistle purple feet. This unicorn mare was Staff Sergeant Jewel Luster. The niece of the missing Lieutenant Colonel Emerald Luster disappeared after Prince Justice Silverlight's death and top-ranked sniper mare in the old Solar Guard Division under the command of the late Prince Justice Silverlight.

The second mare was gorgeous looking light blue pegasi mare with vivid violet mane and tail. Her physically fit 5ft 10in equine figure was attired in a dull gold-colored nano-suit with her dull gold-colored form-fitting boot upon bare light blue feet.

Folded on her back were her light blue feathered bird wings. This Pegasi mare was Staff Sergeant Carine Stormchaser, the daughter of the retired Captain Anita Stormchaser after the death of Prince Justice and top-ranked scout in the old Solar Guard Division under the command of the late Prince Justice Silverlight.

"Do you think it was a good idea to take this reconnaissance mission for the Friendship kingdom army Jewel? Our mission is to keep an eye on Princess Twilight Sparkle and her Friendship assembly, who have come under suspicion of aiding Princess Flurry Heart Sparkle, her niece, and her Crystal Empire." Carine said, her voice edged with tension as the unicorn mare sighs.

"Unfortunately, if we didn't take this reconnaissance mission for the Friendship kingdom army, it would blow our cover as Solar Guard deep-cover intelligence specialists," Jewel said as she jabbed a long stick into the fire, producing a burst of sparks.

"Besides, I was assured by his highness that the Friendship Kingdom army small outpost base is still under surveillance by Major Anita Stormchaser." Jewel comments as Carine smiled broadly.

"My mommy came out of retirement for this mission. I hope she will be all right; she getting on in age." Carine said her voice edged with tension as Jewel smiled.

"She not the only one that came out of retirement for this mission my mom did to. Major Ruby Luster, she a master sniper from the old Solar Guard Division. If Major Stormchaser is just as good or better, then Captain Stormchaser. Those two old mares will be fine." Jewel comments with a very proud smile as Carine shook her head.

Meanwhile, at the small outpost base for the Friendship Kingdom army, a 'Clydesdale' all-weather tracked vehicle drive onto the outpost base transporting fresh Friendship Kingdom infantry soldiers to replace one of the platoons at the outpost base. Among the replacement, soldiers is the new permanent operations officer for the outpost base Chief Warrant Officer Five Sapphire Brilliance, an older unicorn mare.

Climbing out of the 'Clydesdale,' the all-weather tracked vehicle was a gorgeous looking pearly purple older unicorn mare with fern green mane and tail. Her toned 5ft 9in equine figure was attired the dull gold color nano-suit of the Friendship Kingdom military.

On a pair of eleven and one-third inch, long pearly purple flawless and unblemished shaped bare feet were dull gold-colored form-fitting boots. This older unicorn mare is Chief Warrant Officer Five Sapphire Brilliance, the new permanent operations officer for the outpost base.

"Huh?" Major Ruby Luster exclaims, looking through her custom sniper scope at the new older unicorn mare that arrived with the replacement soldiers. She is subtly making hand gestures with her gloved right hand; soon, Ruby figure out she's sending a message in the old Solar Guard hand signals. She quickly floats her book up with a pencil and writes the message down.

"Switch to frequency 100.89." Ruby read off her book as she switches to that radiofrequency.

"Who are you? And how do you know old Solar Guard hand signals?" Ruby's inquiry over the radio as the voice coming through the earpiece causes Ruby to gasp.

"Hello, sister, sorry for disappearing for this long. But I needed to sort out my feelings after Lord Silverlight died. If you didn't know, I did love him very much. That the real reason I stayed loyal to him." The mare on the other end explains as a tear comes to Ruby's Storm Sea colored eyes.

"Emerald?" Ruby exclaimed.

"Yes, Colonel Emerald Luster- Solar Guard Deep Cover intelligence specialist and Senior Commander of the Royal Division of the Solar Guard under Lord Justice Silverlight's command. I know Major Anita Stormchaser is around here somewhere; it was the three of us that Justice would send on this kind of mission." Emerald comments as the voice of Anita Stormchaser come over the hidden earpiece.

"You better pay-up Emerald, I won the bet. I knew you loved Lord Justice Silverlight and that the real reason you were loyal to him." Anita said, knowing as Emerald sighs softly into mic.

"All right, ladies let stay on task; I know Princess Twilight Sparkle and her Friendship assembly have come under suspicion of aiding Princess Flurry Heart Sparkle, her niece, and her Crystal Empire in this Crystal War. I also know my niece Jewel Luster is on this mission and your daughter Carine Stormchaser. They are currently on a reconnaissance mission for the Friendship kingdom army, checking the evergreen forest overlooking the shielded Crystal City. Do they know the old Solar Guard code?" Emerald inquiry as she made her way to her Operations office in a small outpost base for the Friendship Kingdom army.

"They do." Ruby and Anita said simultaneously.

"Very good, I'll make contact with them went; they return to the base after the reconnaissance mission. Frequency 100.89 is a new frequency for this mission. Emerald out." Emerald said as she walked into the Operations office.

Back in the large cave, Jewel and Carine continue to wait out the snowstorm; they blink with surprise as two more mares stumble and collapse in the cave entrance, exhausted and cold. Quickly Jewel and Carine drag the two mares in front of the fire to warm them up and gawk in disbelief went they begin to shine from the firelight.

"By Celestia light, these two mares are crystal ponies. What are Crystal Ponies doing out here?" Jewel puzzled as Carine runs to the snowmobile and grabs warm blankets out of the survival kits to wrap the two mares up.

Being crossed trained Solar Guard personnel in paramedics, Jewel and Carine each take one of the crystal mares and begin a quick medical assessment. Jewel and Carine explain to the crystal mares that they will remove their socks and boots to check their toes for frostbite. Jewel removes the older crystal mare shoes and socks; she carefully examines the older crystal mare's feet for frostbite signs and finds none. She squeezes each digit hard, causing the older crystal mare to wince, which means she still has feeling in her toes. She floats a pair of warm socks to herself and put them on older Crystal mare feet before putting their boots back on.

"First off, who are you crystal mare?" Jewel inquiry to the older crystal unicorn mare.

"My name is Baroness Antoinette Starsong, a minor noble mare in the Crystal Empire," Antoinette answers as the two looks toward the younger crystal mare.

"My name Senior Royal maid Bonnie Starsong. I work for the Grand Prince of the Moon Somnus Silverlight." Bonnie answers as Jewel and Carine breathe catches in their throat.

"You work for the Grand Prince! Then I guess that this older unicorn mare is your mother, Miss Starsong." Carine comment as Bonnie shook her head.

"Next question, what are two Crystal unicorn mares doing out here?" Jewel inquiry to Antoinette, who sighs.

"Trying to make it to Canterlot to speak with the Grand Princess of the Sun Aurora Silverlight and inform her that Princess Flurry Heart Sparkle has executed Order 166. The total purging of the Crystal Empire's nobility, allowing her full control of Crystal City." Antoinette said her voice breaks as Jewel and Carine gasps.

The moment the snowstorm breaks, the four mares climb onto the snowmobiles, head straight to the Polar Star Assault base, the Equestria Royal Army base of operation, and location of the Grand Princess of the Sun Aurora Silverlight. Once at the Polar Star Assault base Baroness Antoinette Starsong informs the Grand Princess of the Sun Aurora Silverlight the situation in Crystal City and what that means.

Sometime later, walking down the steel hallway of the underground portion of the Polar Star Assault base after being cleared by the medical battalion was drop-dead gorgeous shiny blue crystal unicorn mare with gradient orange, pink, light blue and green mane and tail on her way to Grand Prince’s room at the base.

Her sleekly muscular 5ft 11in equine figure was attired in pale purple nano-suit with pale purple form-fitting boots. This crystal pony unicorn mare was Warrant Officer Bonnie Starsong, the newly appointed adjutant for Grand Prince of the Moon Somnus Silverlight and newest member of 41st Nightwing battalion.

She walks up to a door with half moon symbol on the front and presses a button on the wall; inside the room, the chimes ring. Sitting in front of his holo computer going over all the Military intelligence reports was Grand Prince of the Moon Somnus Silverlight. He was wearing his own pale purple nano-suit with pale purple form-fitting boots.

"Come in, Bonnie!" Somnus called as the door slides open; he turns his chair toward the unicorn mare standing in the hallway and does a slow, appraising glance of her attire.

"You want to see me, your highness?" Bonnie said politely and respectfully as she salutes him, and he gestures her to come into the room. Once in the room, the door behind her slides closed behind her.

"That pale purple nano-suit with pale purple form-fitting boots looks great on you, Bonnie," Somnus said, complimenting his Senior Royal maid and now his new adjutant as she refused to leave and head back to Canterlot with her Prince here.

"I thank you, my prince, I mean commander," Bonnie said, correcting as Somnus chuckle into the back of his hand.

"You will be the only one that can call me my Prince. I think it will be easier for you to remember, Bonnie." Somnus explains as he floats her holo clipboard and stylus and begins to dictate notes to her.