• Published 31st Aug 2020
  • 17,137 Views, 1,730 Comments

A Noble Death - LSTS Connor



Spartans never die, they go missing in action. Now armed with a new body the 'Hyper-lethal Vector's' journey hasn't ended yet

  • ...
65
 1,730
 17,137

Chapter 9

The Sun was still high in the sky as a report from the E.A.F (Equestrian Armed Forces) was put in front of Princess Celestia. The changelings had been driven from Canterlot and Princess Cadence was rescued from her imprisonment. She was staring out from one of the many balconies overlooking the city from her Castle. All across the land, she could see the tell-tale markers of a battle haven taken place across the horizon. The changelings had attacked every major population center in Equestria.

But with their main attack repelled by Shining Armor and Cadence’s love with the help of the element bearers, the threat of war had for the time being been neutralized. Not that there would be a proper war with open conflict anyway as Chrysalis had hidden her territory well and such a counter-attack was impossible until her Hive was found. The best she could do is increase security across the nation and set up checkpoints to uncover disguised lings.

Reports were still coming in of small skirmishes taking place but one thing was abundantly clear. The changelings were retreating. With their plan to occupy all of Equestria in one fell swoop decimated with their leader Queen Chrysalis defeated in the battle for Canterlot, Celestia allowed herself to feel a small sense of satisfaction at having defeated another threat to her little ponies. The reconstruction of Canterlot was already underway bringing a small sense of normality. But that feeling dissipated when she looked down at the report put in front of her.

Celestia had been in many wars and battles over the centuries, but no matter how accustomed she was to war and conflict she always hated seeing this report be put in front of her. The report that said just how many ponies she had failed to protect.

A Casualties Report.

Oh, how she hated this report with all her heart but no matter how much she wanted to burn it she simply needed to know how many of her ponies had fallen. With a heavy heart, she took the folder into her golden aura and opened it. And for the first time in centuries, a smile graced Celestia’s features whilst reading such a report.

Not a single Death to her little ponies.

But then just as quickly as the smile appeared it quickly vanished once she saw the next column: Missing Ponies.

Over a thousand of her soldiers were unaccounted for, and since not every changeling military presence had been driven back those numbers could still rise. And that’s only soldiers. The Civilian numbers were still unknown and injuries were high across the board. It seems as if the enemy were trying to only knock her soldiers unconscious instead of outright killing them. A small note even said that soldiers witnessed unconscious soldiers being dragged out of the combat zone, never to be seen again.

Not if I have anything to say about… Thought Celestia determined to find those missing ponies and bring them home no matter what.

Turning the page containing Changeling casualties she was surprised to see a red marking across the changeling K.I.A column. Only around 100 changelings had died with a small number of changelings having been captured the rest having retreated and or blended into the population. Celestia could only stare at those numbers in shock. Over a thousand ponies were missing whilst the changelings lost almost nothing in comparison!

Celestia didn’t really know what to feel at that realization. She knew her ponies had never known war but this really showed just how underprepared they were in case they were ever attacked. Luna would have blown a vein if she saw this Report without any prior warning.

Hell even then, the military high command and herself wouldn’t be safe from her sister's anger at the state of her once-great military. Celestia made a huge note to massively reform the military ASAP. Shortly after doing that, her eyes were drawn to the red text underneath the Changeling K.I.A column.

The shock of her military failure now gone, the solar princess read through the message which was marked with S.M.I.L.E’s insignia.

Only for a completely new shock to overtake her at what it said.

This has to be wrong… there is no way one of my little ponies could do such a thing…

Thought Celestia in denial whilst reading through the message.

Apparently, over 90-95% of those around 100 changelings dead was caused by a lone pony in Las Pegasus. Furthermore, the message read that so far very little was known about this individual other than she called herself ‘Six’ and that she was wearing some type of armor never before seen in Equestria with her currently under discreet surveillance by S.M.I.L.E as her actions had caused the local guard to think of her as some type of hero among them.

So it was decided by Military Division Head Skyline, that since her presence was increasing morale among the troops in Las Pegasus, discreet surveillance and intel gathering would be put in place until further notice unless told otherwise by her majesty herself. And that a full report would be available in 24 hours.

Having finished reading the message, Celestia was torn. Should she order this apparently very dangerous pony to be arrested for questioning and possibly risk a massive drop in morale among a division of the E.A.F or wait until more was known about this individual before making a move?

Celestia thought about this for several minutes, her gaze having shifted towards the western horizon, the city of Las Pegasus barely visible. And as small the columns of smoke died out leaving the western sky clear, Celestia made a decision.

She would inform her sister Luna first and foremost regarding the situation in Las Pegasus and get her to send some of her elite agents to keep an eye on ‘Six’ for the time being, before summoning her to Canterlot after a day of surveillance. Although she didn’t like leaving her ponies with a potentially very dangerous individual, it would have to make due for now until she meets this ‘Six’ face to face.

It was a compromise Celestia had to make for now. Reading through the rest of the report, she had little time to breathe before another one was put in front of her. This one labeled ‘collateral damage’ report.

Looking down at the city below her and seeing the once great structures of Canterlot in such a state, Celestia sighed heavily before making a vow to herself.

A vow that she would find those taken by Chrysalis, and to never allow such conflict to harm her little ponies again. For if a single one of her ponies were hurt, Chrysalis would face the wrath of her Sun.

Author's Note:

Tell me if I messed up pls as I don't want to have a severe case of Deja vu from the first draft of The Interlude in My little sunspot :scootangel:

Leave Comments!

And if you want the full experience Listen to this while reading as this is what I listened to while writing this chapter

Also Happy SPOOKTOBER!