• Published 31st Aug 2020
  • 17,114 Views, 1,729 Comments

A Noble Death - LSTS Connor



Spartans never die, they go missing in action. Now armed with a new body the 'Hyper-lethal Vector's' journey hasn't ended yet

  • ...
65
 1,729
 17,114

// REINITIALISING SYSTEM //

‘Really. This is the first time I’ve manifested so vividly and it takes you over a week to establish a connection?!’ Huffed the ghostly changeling towards the Venator.

‘Silence Spirit. We will be the ones asking questions here. I can still cut the connection between you and the Venator permanently should I so wish.’ Threatened the Caretaker.

‘No… you really…can’t hehe. Many have tried but yeah I’m here to stay. Nice trick, by the way, using yourself as the bridge. But once the Venator and I are connected properly, there's no way to reverse it.’ Explained the ghost sheepishly.

The caretaker grunted. ‘We’ll see about that. I am far more powerful than you think’ He threatened once again quietly before taking a deep breath. ‘Now back to Business. We have Questions and you will answer.’

‘This is not my first song and dance, Caretaker. At Least Panem was cordial with me when we first met.’ Responded the Spirit.

“Enough about her, Spirit. Who are you? What are you? And why are you here?” Interjected Mobius, wanting his questions answered sooner rather than later. The Spirit in turn gave a playful giggle.

‘I have been given many names over my long existence. Voice, Spirit… Panssari.’ She said that last one with a grin. ‘You may even call me Empress if you so wish. Given my *connection* to her. But personally, I like the name Redfang.’

She buzzed down to stand before Mobius.

‘As for what I am. Well, you're wearing me. Or at least my anchor. What I really am’ she gestured to her ghostly form. ‘Well… I’ll leave that up to your imagination.’ She said with a smug grin and a wink as her translucent foreleg bumped against his nose. His muzzle reflexively scrunched up even though her hoof passed right through it.

‘And for your final question. I have always been here. Just never *here* here like I am now. Most of the time I’m just a whisper in a Venators' subconscious after they don the armor. Maybe a voice here and there in some cases. But this’ she buzzed around in a loop. ‘This is new. She must see something in you to awaken me like this. With Panem I didn't get a body, I was just a voice.’

‘And yet the damage you caused…’ added the Caretaker, causing Redfang to freeze up and repeat in an emotionless voice.

‘I was created to protect and serve those who don the Panssari of the Empress… that is my purpose.’

“Then why did you not stop Panem from slaughtering thousands in her rebellion!?” Questioned Mobius demanding an answer.

‘I was created to protect and serve those who don the Panssari of the Empress… that is my purpose.’ Recited the ghostly changeling once more, her eyes empty and emotionless. Mobius was about to ask again before being stopped by the Caretaker raising his holed hoof.

‘It is no use Venator… It seems like she is sworn to follow the Venators, no matter what. Empress-damned Panem… the destruction she caused during her rebellion is still felt to this day. My predecessors should have foreseen this and prevented her from performing the ritual and donning the Panssari!’ Fumed the Caretaker against Mobius’s aura.

‘She was always so nice to me… And I was forced to do such… such horrible things.’ Muttered Redfang quietly, her gaze locked to the floor.

The caretaker audibly sighed. He may not leave the Halls often but even he knew to comfort a changeling in need. ‘That is in the past now Redfang. But we must now know if you are a threat to the Swarm.’

‘NO! No, I am not! I will serve this Venator like I have hundreds before. The Swarm will be protected. And our enemies will be crushed beneath my Venators hooves!’ Exclaimed Redfang with determination. The Panssari Mobius was wearing, reacting to the Spirit's words with a fire of its own. Its surface moving, pulsing and glowing slightly with the fire burning behind Redfangs eyes.

“… I do not trust you Redfang, not yet. But it seems that we will be together for the foreseeable future. I am willing to take a chance. But know this, should you betray the Swarm. Should you give me any inkling that you are working against my Empress and Queen. I will give my life to stop you without a second thought.” Began Mobius, his tone deadly serious. Redfang nodded.

‘I understand Mobius. But it is unneeded. I cannot break my oath, the Empress willed it so. I exist to serve you, now that you wear the armor. Any action against the Empress, or Queens, would be yours alone...’

“Then we will not have a problem.” Answered Mobius with a very slightly fanged smile.

‘I should hope not. I do not wish to lose this, well *form* so soon. It feels so good to stretch my legs again. Thanks to that infusion, I feel almost a hundred years younger!’ Exclaimed Redfang almost giddily, her translucent form trotting in place. Her mood apparently improved.

A knock on the door to the chamber would signal the end of their encounter as the voice of Curxe began to ring throughout the chamber.

“Hey Mobius, the new ling told me you were in here! Open up, the Queens got an assignment for you! And it's one you’re gonna like!”

The Venator didn't need to be told twice before he opened the door to go meet with his old friend. Leaving the Caretaker and Redfang alone to speak with each other.

“What is it, Curxe?” Questioned Mobius closing the door behind him

“Something big appears to be going down soon and our ‘friend’ appears to be at the center of it.” Answered Curxe, keying Mobius in on just who he was talking about.

“Hmm, here let's go to my quarters. There we can discuss this away from prying eyes.” He quickly looked back into the room and found the Caretaker standing there alone. Mobius decided not to question where Redfang had gone. “I thank you for your help, Caretaker.”

‘Your Welcome Venator. If anything else happens, come to me.’

‘Or me, I’m always here’ rang the voice of Redfang within his mind.

Mobius nodded towards the Caretaker before leaving them and making his way towards his quarters, Curxe in tow. After a short walk in silence, the pair entered the Venator’s room as Mobius began to speak.

“Sorry that I couldn’t share that drink with you before, Curxe.”

“Ah, don’t worry about it, you doing alright though? Caretakers wouldn’t tell me what happened. Just that you were ‘indisposed of’. We are still going to have that drink later though.”

“Yeah, I thought as much coming from you Curxe. But anyways I’m fine, the issue-” Mobius briefly glanced at a nearby bookcase where the translucent Redfang stood, studying the book's binders. Specifically, one that had a picture of a lightbulb inscribed on its back. A single ear pointed towards them. “-Has been resolved”

“Good to hear. Now!” He floated a binder towards the Venator. “Your orders from the Queen herself.” Began Curxe before taking a seat on the room's couch whilst Mobius began to flip through the binder, Redfang buzzing quietly next to him as she read over his shoulder.

‘Six…’

“Demon… what are you planning? Curxe?” He called out as he moved to sit across from the VOPS Agent in Question.

“Well from preliminary observations and reports from our operatives. She has been busy training multiple ponies to become a similar version of what she is. A ‘Spartan’ but to a lesser degree than her. ” Began the Agent, his voice becoming that of a senior VOPS agent and not that of his drink-loving friend.

“And I am too…disrupt this training I presume?” Guessed Mobius, his gaze studying an enhanced picture taken of the Demon that disgraced him.

“Yes. We believe she is almost finished and has managed to persuade the princesses to pit her trainees against the best of the Equestrian army in what must be their final test. Judging from the reports our infiltrators have supplied.” Continued Curxe, pulling a flask out from under his trademark officers cap.

“I see… But surely they must realize how juicy of a target this is for us to attack? All of their most valuable soldiers, gathered in one place? We could cripple the majority of the ponies’ special forces in a single battle!” Exclaimed Mobius, almost laughing at the princesses' stupidity for allowing this blunder.

“That is the idea. The Ponies have tried to keep it secret, but our top infiltrator was keyed in on the plan. Heh, dumb ponies. Anyway, this leads us to your mission. Tomorrow at the break of day you and a small contingent of Praetor class lings will travel out to Canterlot to observe whatever the ponies are planning. Once you are there, report back any findings and prepare yourselves accordingly. These are Equestria’s best after all…” Explained Curxe from across the room before taking a swig from his flask as Mobius continued to study the documents before him. Redfang quietly read and listened along.

“Could this be a trap set by the ponies?” Question Mobius cautiously. Better to be safe than sorry.

“No. Our infiltrators confirmed this information. It is no trap. But do still be careful. They may be ponies, but they shouldn't be underestimated. We do not yet have a timeframe as to when this ‘exam’ will take place but that does not matter. Your objective will be to disrupt it and take out as many of the ponies as possible. Six being the priority target in your attack.” Continued Curxe, alleviating Mobius’s suspicions.

“Are we to capture them?” Assumed Mobius with a sigh.

“No. The Queen has authorized, and prefers, the use of lethal force against the ponies for the duration of your mission.” Corrected Curxe. The smile that then proceeded to grow on Mobius’s face unnerving the Agent as he took another swig from his flask.

“Good. That Demon will never threaten the Swarm again once I’m done.”

Author's Note:

Greetings one and all.

I come to you bearing news. News that I have started a Ko-fi and that I am currently in contact with an artist to commission a portrait of our beloved Spartan Six! And that if you feeling generous enough to tip me know that any and all proceeds will go to commissioning pieces of artwork for my Stories!

I will keep you all in the loop and I am certainly looking forward to seeing Six somewhere outside of my own imagination.

That's all folks! Make sure to comment!