• Published 31st Aug 2020
  • 5,199 Views, 47 Comments

An Infestation in the Herd - Redheart-Medlabs



A parasite comes to the land of Equestria and starts taking over ponies to use for drones. 

Comments ( 7 )

This fic was so hot. :pinkiehappy:

Will a sequel be made at some point?

Also what exactly happen to Hayburg? Did the lack of outside contact make things atrophy there?

Great fic. Made me erect a lot

They didn’t have to ask what ‘there’ was. Hayburg had become…something different. Something odd. Something that didn’t sit right with the more recent hosts. Even her, one of the second or third wave of hosts depending on how one saw it, felt disconnected to what their origins had been. Even the parasite inside her didn’t quite like that. They didn’t dislike it, either, but it wasn’t…them. It wasn’t what they had become.

I think they branched off into their own hivemind after prolonged separation. I hope it gets explored one day. Competing hives are fascinating.

Is there more to come after this epilogue? The story seems pretty complete.

This story was such a tease, it kept hinting at things and then they would only happen off screen if at all.

Changelings, we never get to see one infested even though by the end of the fic they had taken over the changelings, the queen never even makes an appearance.
Foodplay, tainted food is shown and consumed but all production takes place off screen.
Gryphons, mentioned but never shown.
Oviposition, one was said to have been modified to the point where he could use his penis as an ovipositor but then it was never mentioned again.

Login or register to comment