• Published 27th Aug 2020
  • 2,432 Views, 344 Comments

My Little Pony: Sparkling Harmony - Captain_Cosmos

  • ...
15
 344
 2,432

Episode 2: Apples and Cake

The Mare took the end of a cable in her magic and inserted it into the correct input going into a music mixer. Once she confirmed that it was in and secured. She smiled and stood up, stepping back to admire her handiwork. She looked around. She was currently standing in the basement of her new house. Which she had spent the last hour converting into her home studio. The Mare chuckled to herself when her eyes fell onto the mess of cables that ran from her music mixing equipment to her amps and mics. “After I calibrate everything to the acoustics in here. I’ll fix that cable management mess.” She heard a rumbling sound and realized it was her stomach. She snickered when she glanced at the clock she had hung up by the stairs. It read 1:30PM. “Wow. Didn’t realize it had gotten so late. Hm. Now’s as good a time as any to go grocery shopping.” She nodded and turned to leave. As she passed her drum set, she caught her reflection in the polished frame. She turned her head, and gazed directly at her side. Where a gradient blue tipped wing sat folded at her side. She was reminded of it’s twin on her other side when she consciously felt the feathers resting against either side of her. She sighed. I had way too close a call earlier. If that pink mare can appear out of flower pots too small for her...am I really gonna have to start wearing shirts in my own home too? She shook her head, and after taking a deep breath, proceeded up the stairs to go pick up groceries.

Out in the town plaza. A stallion handed a few bits to the cashier. Who smiled and accepted the bits. “Thank you Thunderlane. Here are ya apples.” The cashier took a bag of apples in her mouth and passed it to Thunderlane, who took the bag with his wing.

He nodded. “Thanks a lot Applejack. It’s so good to have an apple farm in town. That means fresh apples all season.”

Applejack chuckled and nodded. “It right does. Have a good day you hear?”

Thunderlane nodded. “You too. Say hi to Granny Smith for me.” With that, he left. Applejack smiled. “Another satisfied customer. She turned her head to look into the stand. “Hey Applebloom. How many apples do we have left?”

Applebloom smiled. “Don’t worry sis. We ain’t about to run out anytime soon.”

Applejack smiled and nodded. “Good.” She turned back to the Plaza, to see a familiar face walking towards them. She smiled. It was Ponyville’s newest resident, the hot pink mare with the gray overcoat. “Well I’ll be. Ponyville’s newest resident.” She tipped her hat to the Mare. “Fancy seeing you again. What brings you around this plaza?”

The Mare smiled. “I was told this is where I go to get some apples. Something about...all fresh all the time?”

Applejack chuckled and nodded. “Y’all heard right. The Apple Family takes pride in the quality of it’s apples. Each is treated just like a foal. How many will that be fer ya?”

The Mare thought for a second before smiling. “Just a small bag’s worth. If it’s not too much trouble.”

Applejack chuckled and nodded, turning into the stand. “Hey Bloom! Small bag of apples!”

“On it sis!”

Applejack smiled and turned back to the Mare. Who smiled back. “You were one of the mares fighting that monster earlier. Right?”

Applejack nodded. “Yep. Also helped ya back up when Pinkie Pie tackled you. Pardon me. We’ve never actually been properly introduced. My name’s Applejack.”

The Mare smiled and held out a hoof to shake Applejack’s. “Sparkling Medley. Ponies call me Sparkler.”

Applejack nodded and shook Sparkler’s hoof. “It’s right nice to meetcha Sparkler. Welcome to Ponyville. You’ll never find a more friendly town in all of Equestria.”

Sparkler chuckled. “My parents said as much. They said Ponyville was the town where ponies from all three species lived in harmony.” She looked around. “And I can definitely see why they’d say that.”

Applejack chuckled and nodded. “And not just ponies either. We’ve had members of other species make lives here. You could say Ponyville’s the capital of Friendship if ever there was one.”

Sparkler chuckled. “Wouldn’t surprise me.”

They both chuckled. Until a smaller pony came up with a bag of apples. “One small bag of apples as requested!

Applejack nodded and took the bag from her. “Thanks Bloom.” She turned to Sparkler. “Here you go Sparkler. One bag of apples.”

Sparkler nodded and took the bag in her magic. “Thank you. How much?”

“Five bits.”

Sparkler nodded and levitated the bits out of her coat pocket and dropped them into the box that Applejack held out. Applejack nodded and smiled. “Thank you for your patronage Sparkler. Stop by Sweet Apple Acres sometime. You’ll receive the customary Apple welcome.”

Sparkler chuckled and nodded. “Sure. I’ll swing by some time. Talk to you later Applejack.”

Applejack nodded. “See ya at your party.”

Sparkler chuckled. “Yeah. See ya.”

Sparkler turned to leave when she heard Applejack call out to her. “Hey Sparkler. I wouldn’t plan on sticking around here for much longer! If Rarity sees you in that coat, she’ll drag you to the Carousel Boutique and you won’t see the sun for hours.”

Sparkler, while having no sweet clue in Tartarus who the hay Rarity was, chuckled and nodded. “I’ll keep that in mind. Thanks.” With that, she left.

Sparkler walked through town. Having just gotten all her groceries, and a quick lunch, she was on her way home. She walked past a bush, and the bush ruffled. Sparkler stopped and turned her head to the ruffling bush, only to see a Pink mare spring out of it. “Hiya new friend!”

Sparkler gasped and jumped back in surprise. Not this mare again! “What the?! Pinkie Pie?!”

Pinkie nodded. “You know my name! Awesome! I see you just got some groceries Sparkler.”

Sparkler’s mouth dropped. “How do you know my name?!”

Pinkie chuckled. “I overheard you talking to Applejack silly. Anyway, I was just hiding in that bush for you to pass so I could jump out and ask you what your favorite cake flavor was!”

Sparkler’s eye twitched. “Why?”

Pinkie chuckled. “For your party silly! Can’t have a party without cake!”

Sparkler finally recovered from the surprise of being jumped, and smiled. “True. In that case, I’ve always been partial to chocolate.”

Pinkie smiled. “AWESOME! I love chocolate too it’s my favorite flavor it’s just so yummy anyway I best be off gotta chocolate cake to make see ya later Sparkler I sent invites out to everyone see ya!” With that, Sparkler watched as Pinkie took off at Mach something speed away.

Sparkler shook her head to clear her mind. “Geez. Does that mare run on hyper sugar or something?”

“Yes. Yes I do.”

Sparkler jumped again and turned to see Pinkie standing right behind her! Sparkler looked back and forth. “How did...you just...”

Pinkie chuckled. “I just wanted to remind you that I’m on to you.” She suddenly got close to Sparkler and gave her a hard stare. “My Pinkie Sense is never wrong, and it’s been going off ever since you came to town. There’s a mystery surrounding you and Pinkamena Diane Pie WILL sniff it out!” To emphasize her point, she sniffed Sparkler like a dog. Before racing past her at Mach something speed.

Sparkler stopped spinning and shook her head to stop her head from spinning. She looked at Pinkie's trajectory. Her eye twitched again. “Seriously. That mare needs to calm down. That’s the fourth time she’s surprised me, and I haven’t even been here for a whole day!” She groaned. And that’s the second time she’s told me she was on to me. I’m gonna need to be careful around her. She sighed and slightly sank her head. “Should I even try?” She asked herself as she walked back home. Contemplating what to do.

To be continued.

Author's Note:

Pinkie's on to Sparkler. How long before she sniffs out Sparkler's wings? Only time will tell!

Thx for reading. See you all in the comments!

PS. this is the second of my stories that have pinkie pie, rate my writing accuracy of her antics please. :twilightsheepish: