• Published 24th Aug 2020
  • 1,005 Views, 37 Comments

Cozy Glow’s Diary Entries of Love - HAKDurbin



Cozy Glow writes about her obssesive feelings for Button Mash in her diary

  • ...
5
 37
 1,005

Diary Entry #1

Dear Diary,

Firstly, I want to let out how downright stupid I feel writing on a book as if I'm talking to a pony. My parents gave you to me as a present before they sent me off to Princess Twilight's School of Friendship, thinking I should use you to write down everything I learn about friendship. Evidently, they've never heard of notebooks. So, I feel like an idiot for writing a single word on you.

But lately, I've been feeling the need to express things privately. Sure, I have my pen pal, Tirek, who has happily agreed to assist me in my plans, but what I have to say has little to do with them. To clarify, I'm going to steal all magic in Equestria and rule the land as the Empress of Friendship. Many creatures, like Tirek, have tried to take over the country, but Princess Twilight and her friends always defeated them. Based on what I have heard, the bonds from making friendship creates incredible power, and the more I heard about it, the more I began to understand that friendship is the mightiest form of power there is.

Thus, when my parents enrolled me in the School of Friendship, I saw it as my chance to do what others could not. With everything Tirek has been teaching me about draining magic, and with all the friendships I'll create at the school, I will gain more power than any creature can comprehend. It's hilarious how none of these creatures decades, if not centuries older than me, have not thought of creating an army of friends to win. Then again, the fact that no one would suspect an eight-year-old filly to come up with an ingenious plan is the beauty of it. Just thinking about what a surprise it will be fills me with glee.

But I digress. I'm not writing to boast. No, I want to write about something peculiar that happened today. You see, one of my plans is to befriend some of the kids from Ponyville who know about friendship and use them to develop connections and better understand the subject. After all, the teachers may be the Elements of Harmony, but as any adult worth their salt will tell you, there's only so much you can learn by going to school as opposed to building experience in the real world. So, when class was finished for the day, I rushed over to the Ponyville Schoolhouse to spy on the other kids, hoping to find the right pawns for my plan. As luck would have it, three fillies who call themselves the Cutie Mark Crusaders want to go to the School of Friendship because it's more fun than their school. Watching them complain about it as if they were jealous of another kid's new toy, I decided that they were perfect for my plan. After all, they want to go to school, and I want to pass my classes. It's a win-win between future friends.

But while I was walking back to my dorm, I didn't look where I was going, and accidentally bumped into this moderate orange colt with a propeller hat. I quickly got into character and apologized like the sweet, innocent filly I want everypony to see me as, but instead of answering, he started bawling like a baby. I asked him what was wrong, and he pointed at his video game that he dropped. I thought it broke at first, but it turned out it was because he lost the game. He was whining about how he was so close to killing a hydra as some archer named Flaming Arrow to get some shiny stone.

It was the most pitiful thing I ever heard in my life. Crying over a video game? Even at eight-years-old, that is embarrassing. If I didn't need to act nice for the sake of my scheme, I would have told him to grow up, but instead, I apologized again and picked up his game for him. His cries turned into sniffles as he took the game and smiled at me.

He then asked if I was new to town, and I told him that I go to the School of Friendship. He got excited and started asking me a dozen questions about what it was like going to the school and meeting other creatures. There weren't many non-ponies in the school, but I decided to humor him and tell him what I could. He got excited for every single thing I said, and spontaneously started talking about wanting to see them and where they come from. He then went on about how he loves to play video games because he could see different worlds and fight monsters to gain favor from the villages who will help him destroy an evil sorcerer.

The weird thing was I was listening to him, but it wasn't because I was obligated to be polite for the sake of my image. I felt invested in what he was talking about. I dare say I was enjoying it. I don't know why, but I had this feeling that made me want to listen to everything he had to say.

Eventually, he finished, and I thanked him for sharing. He thanked me for listening with a bubbly smile and asked for my name. I gave it to him and then he said his name is Button Mash and that it was nice to meet me. I smiled back and then suddenly asked if we could be friends. He was instantly excited and said yes and that he never really had a friend before. I know. Big shock, right? Then he pulled me into a hug, and somehow, I felt my cheeks feeling warm. I awkwardly hugged him back before he said he needed to head home, and we cheerfully waved goodbye as he left.

To be clear, I only asked to be friends because I thought that was a perfect moment to have one friend already. I planned to be friends with the Cutie Mark Crusaders first, but there's nothing wrong with having one friend already for a slight head start. But that whole experience with Button Mash was still very strange to me. Why did I listen to him talking about video games so intently? Why does it feel like I cared about his dreams of adventure? And why in Celestia's name did I get that burning sensation on my cheeks when he hugged me? Nothing about my experience with this pathetic whiny boy makes sense.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, and I had a spur of the moment. Or perhaps it's the Power of Friendship driving me to care about somepony no matter who they are because that's how strong it is. If it's the latter, then I'll have to be careful. I'm supposed to be controlling the Power of Friendship, not it controlling me. Still, though, I think this was a good learning experience, especially since I've never had a friend before either. Funny how we become each other's first friends, isn't it?

Anyway, I decided to let out what happened because this seemed the best way to do it. After all, if I wrote this to Tirek, he would find it irrelevant as I said, and I have no desire to share this to anypony else even when I make more friends. So, thank you, you lifeless piece of paper and ink for listening to what I have to say, and don't expect me to pick you up ever again.

Cozy Glow