• Published 22nd Feb 2021
  • 935 Views, 21 Comments

Equestria Girls 3: Friendship Games - Taionia05



Instead of taking back crowns from Celestia’s previous student and singing sirens using their charm to fed off negative energy, CHS instead go compete in a competition against their rival school.

  • ...
2
 21
 935

Chapter 1: Strings and Strangers

Late afternoon, Shadow was carrying Sunset as he rushed to Canterlot High after Rainbow Dash sent a emergency text to the Rainbooms about something really, really important. Shadow and Sunset made it to statue and the front doors to school with their friends shortly arriving. Shadow put Sunset down on her feet and approach Rainbow while fixing up her hair. “I got your text, Rainbow Dash!” Sunset said. “Did something come through the portal? Is Equestrian magic on the loose? Did Twilight and the others come back with a problem that only we can solve?!”

“Has a giant cake monster covered all the cakes in the world in cake?!” Pinkie happily asked next to Sunset with two cupcakes in her hands and tried to eat two at once, but Charmy zipped by and snatched one and ate it, slightly annoyed Pinkie.

“Um, not exactly.” Rainbow Dash simply answered as she got down to open up her guitar case.

“So if it’s not any of those things, then what’s the emergency about?” Espio asked.

“Well, Espio, I was just tellin' Rainbow Dash here that a broken guitar string doesn't really qualify as an emergency.” Applejack told as she got ahold said string on Rainbow Dash’s guitar.

“It totally does!” Rainbow quickly said to defend herself as Applejack rolled her eyes with her arms crossed.

“Really, Rainbow Dash!” Rarity scolded Dash’s poor choices. The fashionista currently has on glasses with a red frame, a red pincushion on her wrist, and a tape measure on her neck and shoulders. “I was in the middle of sewing a very complex appliqué on my latest frock.”

“And Cream and I were just about to tuck everyone in for the night at the shelter.” Fluttershy said as she petted her pet bunny, Angel Bunny. “Now we'll have to start stories all over again.”

“And I was going treasure hunting to find valuable gems.” Rouge scoffed.

“Why would you send all of us an emergency text for a guitar string?” Sunset asked. “Don’t you have some spare string with you?”

“Well, I was going to pony up and show our fans some awesome guitar licks, but I kinda need all six strings to do it,” Rainbow explained as she pointed to Applebloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo (also known as the CMC or Cursaders) “And about those spare strings, I forgot them at home. Got any extra?”

The Chaos Rainbooms groaned in annoyance at Rainbow for making them waste their time on something unimportant. Sunset walked up and gave Rainbow Dash a spare string from her pocket so she can properly use her guitar. “Here you go Dash, it’s a good thing that I had a spare on me,” said Sunset. “But everyone done with practice today. Aren’t the doors to the music room locked?”

“No problem. The acoustics in the hallway are perfect for power chords.” Rainbow said as she attached the string on the guitar and played them to see if they worked, and they do. “C'mon! Let's go!” Rainbow and the Crusaders walked inside the school with Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Mighty, and Ray while Fluttershy, Cream, Rouge, Rarity, Vector, Espio, and Charmy went back to what their were doing.

“You comin', Sunset?” Applejack asked before walking into the school.

“We’ll catch up in a bit.” Sunset answered as Applejack walked in and closed the doors behind and then Sunset began to write in her magic journal. “Dear Princess Twilight, how's life treating you in Equestria? Did you guys beat that Metallix robot? Any cool new magic spells? Meet some more friends along the way? It's been pretty quiet here at CHS since the Battle of the Bands. We still pony up when we play music, which Rainbow Dash just loves to show off. But I still can't quite grasp what it's all about. I would love to hear what you think about it when you get a sec. Your friend, Sunset Shimmer. P.S. We can talk to each other again. Sunset sighed and looked down with her journal closed and put it down next to her.

“Something bothering you?” Shadow asked.

“Nothing it’s just, I hope nothing horrible happens to Twilight, Sonic, Tails, or their friends while they deal with Metallix in Equestria.” Sunset answered with a concerned look on her face.

“So you’re worried that Metallix will do something malicious to Twilight and the others?” Shadow asked with Sunset simply nodding. “I’m sure that Twilight and their friends are alright and they’re more than capable of destroying Metallix.”

Sunset smiled and gave Shadow a hug, which he is slightly uncomfortable with. “You maybe be all cool and serious, but you still have a big heart for your best friends,” Sunset playfully teased. “It great that we’re truly friends again.”

As Sunset let go of Shadow and they were just relaxing, a bus pulled up and dropped off 3 mysterious figures with one of them holding a small device in their hands with the screen displaying a heart and the beat sent out wave on the screen. As they walked around the campus, the device sent out fast waves on the screen whenever they got close to the statue and one of them place their hand on the glass part, creating a ripple effect.

Sunset and Shadow notice the mysterious figures as they were close to the portal leading to Equestria. “Hey! What are you doing?!” Sunset yelled at the 3 strangers and knowing that they were spotted, they ran off towards the bus stop. “Wait! Stop!” Sunset called out to the mysterious figures as she and Shadow gave chase.

While the two gave chase, they were floating a tiny bit above ground, surrounded by green aura, and stopped in place and struggled to move their body, as if something is preventing them from moving like magic. Shadow glow red and was able to break free and tried to get close to them, but was kicked away in the chest by one of the mysterious figure as Shadow fell back and the three made their escape and manage to make it across other side of the road and get in the bus as it drives off. Sunset returned back to her feet and quickly ran Shadow, who was on his knees and his hand on his chest.

“Are you alright Shadow?” Sunset asked.

“I’m fine.” Shadow answered as Sunset helped him up. “My chest feels like it’s burning after I got kicked by whoever they were.”

“Who were they,” Sunset asked in suspicion. She pulled out her phone and sent out a text message in the group chat. “Let’s head inside to tell our friends what happened once everyone arrives.”


On the bus, the 3 strangers sat in the back in bus. The tall on sighed and put her hoodie down to reveal herself and so did the other two as they removed their hoodies: one is a male hedgehog who has white; has chest fur like Shadow; noticeably different hair from Sonic and Shadow; has gold eyes; his gloves has a cyan circle on it and lines sticking from the bottom leading to his golden bracelet with cyan in the middle; white, navy and aqua boots with gold cuffs;

The other one is a female, lavender cat with gold eyes, a red hair tie, violet tailcoat with dark pink bottom rim, white leggings, high heeled dark pink shoes with white straps and fluffy cuffs, white gloves with fluffy cuffs, a gold collar.

“That was really close,” said the feline as she looked over to the white hedgehog. “It was a good thing I stop that hedgehog from catching you Silver.”

“Thanks for helping me back there Blaze,” Silver thanked. “That hedgehog somehow broke free of my psychic abilities, something he did back there was surprising?”

“Twilight, what was happening with that magic detector, did you get anything good from it?” Blaze asked.

“Sure did and there’s much more to learn about Canterlot High School,” Twilight answered. “That statue is what really caught my attention.”

“The glass on the statue created some kind of magic when it was touched?” Silver thought to himself, but came back to his senses by Blaze as the 3 got off the bus and walked into their school called Crystal Prep Academy.

Author's Note:

I’m back with a new story and I hope you all like because their will be some things that will be different in future chapters, but that won’t happen in a while.

(Fun Fact: The originally story was supposed to have Scourge the Hedgehog, but I decided against it since he was already taken and replaced him with Silver and Blaze)