• Published 27th Aug 2012
  • 28,066 Views, 3,490 Comments

The Many Secret Origins of Scootaloo - defender2222



Everyone wonders what Scootaloo's story is. Apparently, everypony in Ponyville has their own answer

  • ...
78
 3,490
 28,066

Discord

Twilight stepped onto the empty stage, looking out at the audience that waited patiently for her to begin and had only one thought. Unfortunately, due to this story’s rating, we can’t actually post what she thought (but it involved words that rhyme with duck).

She had no idea how she had ended up in the theater. The last thing she remembered was taking Spike home after Rarity’s little prank (Pinkie had ended up caving about 20 seconds after Twilight had went screaming off into the night and admitting the entire scheme), sending a letter to Princess Celestia (Dear Princess Celestia, Today I learned every pony in Equestria has gone nuts. Did you put PCP in the water supply? –Twilight) , and heading straight to bed (‘Ok, that is three things but still…’).

And yet here she was, standing on stage wearing, of all things, a green tutu and a beer helmet. The audience was, for the most part, entertained, as they kept laughing every couple of minutes. Twilight leaned forward, squinting against the spotlight.

“Wait a minute… you’re humans! What the… what is going on?”

“We’ll, I’ll tell you, Twilight,” a familiar voice purred in her ear. “You are dreaming and this is Discord’s Chapter.” The chaos god grinned as he appeared on stage, wearing a fancy tux with a big spinning bow tie. “With tonight’s special guest, my daughter Miss Twilight Sparkle!”

“I am not your daughter!” Twilight shouted even as the rousing music began to play. She looked around in fright as from stage left a line of dancing mares made their way on stage while a line of stallions from the opposite side joined them.

The Mares (Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, Mrs. Cake, Lyra, Cadence and Derpy)

It's time to play the music
It's time to light the lights
It's time to meet the ponies in Discord’s Chapter tonight!

The Stallions (Doctor Whooves, Big Macintosh, Prince Blueblood, Flim, Flam, Caramel, Soarin’, Shining Armor and honorary stallion Spike)

It's time to put on makeup
It's time to dress up right
It's time to raise the curtain on Discord’s Chapter tonight.

Twilight looked up, jaw dropping as she saw Dinky sitting with Lord Tydal in the balcony, the little filly waving at her happily.

Tydal

Why are we in this chapter?

Dinky

It’s getting rather sick

Tydal

That the author keeps inserting us

Tydal and Dinky

Randomly in this fic!

Entire Cast (minus Twilight)

And now let's get things started

Audience and Readers of this Chapter

Why don't you get things started ?

Discord

It's time to get things started

Entire Cast (minus Twilight)

On the most sensational
Inspirational
Celebrational
Discordational
This is what we call Discord’s Chapter!

Twilight blinked as Rollypolly appeared beside her, raising a trumpet to his eyestalk (?!) and blowing, only for Scootaloo to pop out of the bell and throw a pie at her.

And just as soon as they had appeared they were all gone, leaving Twilight alone on stage with Discord who was holding a neon said that read “Applause”. The draconequus wiggled his eyebrows as he leaned in close. “Come on now, doesn’t my little princess want to give daddykins a kissie poo?”

“If by kissie poo you mean stomp your head in then yes, I will happily accept your offer.”

“Kids today,” Discord said with a sigh, glancing at the audience.

“I am not your kid! Nightmare Moon was trapped, as were you!”

“God…of…Chaos. You really think either of those things could stop me, baby girl?”

Twilight grit her teeth together. “You are not real… you are a dream. You are not real… you are a dream.”

Discord patted her on the head before summoning a Lazy Boy for him to sit down in. “Only half right. This is a dream but I am quite real. You see, while I am physically bound to that statue, it doesn’t mean that I can’t find ways to have fun. I managed to figure out a way to invade your dreams so I could spend time with my little girl!”

“That’s my bit!” Freddy Kreuger shouted from stage left.

Discord snapped his fingers and sent the movie monster straight to hell (or Wisconsin… either way it was bad). “Now then, I have been watching you and the whole Scootaloo thing and I just have to ask… would life really have been worse under my rule than this?”

“…probably,” Twilight muttered.

“You do realize I was grooming you to be my second in command, right? Was going to get your mother back and give you your chaos powers that Celestia stole from you-“

“I.Am.Not.Your.Daughter.”

“I think the lady protests too much,” Discord said with a smirk. He rubbed his hands together, clearly warming up to the chaos he was about to bring. “Now then, I have seen how the others have been driving you absolutely insane and I decided that I wanted to get in on the fun. Quicker you go nuts the quicker we can become a family again. “

Twilight blinked… then began to laugh.

No, not laugh; she full on fell to the ground, rolling about giggling and chortling.

“While I would normally enjoy seeing you lapse into insanity-“

“There… there is nothing you can do, Discord!” Twilight giggled. “I’ve heard the craziest stories… there is not a single way you could tell a story that would drive me nuts!”

“Is that so?” Discord said, turning towards the audience…


Twilight frowned as she stared at the writer and the new figure who had popped up. “Ok, so you got the strange man in pajamas and the insane writer to tell help you tell an origin story. So what?”

Discord grinned. “You don’t get it, do you? I am going to let every member of the audience tell you a Scootaloo origin…and there is nothing you can do to stop them.”

“Wha-what?” Twilight stammered.

“No….no!” Twilight screamed as she saw them all begin grabbing the Mad Libs Discord was passing out. Twilight trembled and ran off the stage. “NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!”

Deadpool and defender2222 watched as the audience began to fill out their Mad Lib. “Huh…feel like there should be a moral here,” Deadpool said. “Every great story has a moral.”

“That’s why I brought the Wheel of Morality!” Discord pulled the large wheel out from behind the curtain, giving it a spin. “Wheel of Morality, turn turn turn, tell us the lesson that we should learn.” A computer attached to the wheel spat out a piece of paper. “Moral Number 12. And the moral of today’s story is…lather, rinse, repeat; always repeat.”

“How profound,” Deadpool stated.

“Pat, I’d like to buy a vowel,” defender2222 stated.

“Wrong wheel, father.”

“Oh.”

The sound of Mad Libs being completed filled the air.















“…wow, the chapter isn’t over yet?” Deadpool asked, looking at his watch. “I would have thought we’d have ended it and gone to the reviews by now.”

“Me too… and I am the one writing it!” defender2222 stated in surprise. “Weird.”

The three of them awkwardly stood on stage.

“…want to sing ‘Call Me Maybe’ until the chapter ends?” Discord offered.

“YEAH!” the author exclaimed.

“That will be scary…but fun!” Deadpool exclaimed.

All three of them leaping up to give each other a highfive. “FRIENDSHIP!

Discord

I threw a wish in the well,
Don't ask me, I'll never tell
I looked to you as it fell,
And now you're in my way

Deadpool

I'd trade my soul for a wish,
Pennies and dimes for a kiss
I wasn't looking for this,
But now you're in my way

defender2222

Your stare was holdin',
Ripped jeans, skin was showin'
Hot night, wind was blowin'
Where you think you're going, baby?

Discord, Deadpool, defender2222 (arms wrapped around each other, big stupid grins on their faces)

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
But here's my number,
So call me, maybe?

It's hard to look right,
At you baby,
But here's my number,
So call me, maybe?

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
But here's my number,
So call me, maybe?

And all the other boys
Try to chase me
But here’s my number,
So call me, maybe?