• Published 27th Aug 2012
  • 28,055 Views, 3,490 Comments

The Many Secret Origins of Scootaloo - defender2222



Everyone wonders what Scootaloo's story is. Apparently, everypony in Ponyville has their own answer

  • ...
78
 3,490
 28,055

Rarity

“I just don’t understand how you managed to get yourself so…so…sticky!”

Twilight was seated in Rarity’s boutique, the fashionista darting about as she did all she could to repair Twilight’s ‘utterly, utterly ruined’ mane. The lavender unicorn had shown up on Rarity’s doorstep with the front locks of her mane sticking straight up and curling back as a result of her failed attempt to undo the damage. Rarity had taken one look, screamed nearly as loud as she had when she discovered the terrible secret of the Rainbow Factory (‘They… force… ponies… to… wear… hairnets!’) then yanked the two inside, demanding to be allowed to fix the disaster.

Twilight looked over at Spike, her eyes narrowed as Rarity fussed over her mane. “It might have something to do with a certain formerly-number-one-assistant throwing his bowl of ice cream on top of my head.”

“Spikey-wikey, how could you?!” Rarity whined as she tilted Twilight’s hair back and began to wash it in the sink. Normally she would have suggested going to the spa, but there was simply no way Rarity would allow Twilight out of her home looking as she did.

The baby dragon shot a glare of his own back at Twilight. “It wasn’t my fault! Snips and Snails rushed at me with a stake!”

“It was a stick, Spike, and that is no excuse for attempting to lick me clean!”

Rarity shuddered. “Really Spike…I cannot support clopping like that!” She placed a hoof upon her chest and raised her head nobly. “It is wrong and horrible and…and wrong! It has no place anywhere and you should be ashamed of yourself! It is just so…vile!”

“Now you’re sounding like Big Macintosh,” Twilight muttered as her friend poured shampoo into her mane and used her magic to get a good lather going.

“I am?” Rarity asked in horror.

“Well, the Big Macintosh from Mrs. Cake’s story,” Twilight amended.

Rarity blinked. “I’m afraid you have me at a lost, Twilight. What story?”

Twilight lowered her head. She had come to recognize the signs of ‘impeding doom’ after three days of suffering through it and while she accepted that there was simply no way to avoid the nightmare that was about to be dropped upon her, that didn’t mean she had to deal with all of it. Taking a page out of Cadence’s playbook, Twilight decided to skip foreplay and move right to the orgy.

“Can I just speed things along? I’ve had this conversation at least 13 times already, so I know all the key points.” Before Rarity could answer, Twilight leapt up, soap bubbles still clinging to her mane. “Spike, you be me. I’ll be Rarity.”

“Uh…ok. Let’s see…’Well Rarity, Scootaloo’s story’,” Spike said, trying to put as much annoyance as he could in his voice.

To Rarity’s shock, Twilight turned around and, with skill that would have made her a grand edition to Trixie’s traveling show, nearly perfectly mimicked the white unicorn’s voice (which was difficult…one had to do a Neigh Jersey accent that was buried under a Manehattan accent). “Why, Twilight my dear, whatever do you mean, “Scootaloo’s story”? Do you mean Scootaloo, that rough little filly that is always following Rainbow Dash around?” Twilight tutted. “She would look so beautiful if she simply let herself-“

Spike screwed up his eyes, doing his best to mimic Twilight’s ‘losing it’ face. “Rarity, I don’t want to talk about Scootaloo’s fashion sense! I don’t even want to talk about Scootaloo but I apparently don’t have a choice!” He got down on all fours and began to pace about, letting out grunts of displeasure. “All I wanted was to get some brownies to eat, even though I do that strange thing when I eat them, but every pony I’ve run into wants to tell me about Scootaloo! Now I know that you are in love with Spike, who is the greatest dragon ever and I really should give him a raise-”

Twilight interrupted him, not breaking character. “Why Twilight darling, I simply don’t understand why you didn’t come to me in the first place! I know all about Scootaloo and can help you out! It was a waste of time to chat to those silly ponies when you know that I, Rarity, know the truth about that little pegasus filly. Also, I think you overpay Spike and he should be glad he gets what he gets!”

“Please Rarity, I don’t want to hear anymore stories!” Spike said as Twilight. “Don’t make me call my mother, the terrible Nightmare Moon, and have her do mean things to you!”

Twilight nodded, dashing over to the real Rarity (who was staring at them wondering if they had gotten into Pinkie’s special cupcake frosting). In her normal voice she said. “Now, you play Spike!”

“How about I be Rarity?” the designer said nervously.

“But…I’m Rarity,” Twilight said softly.

“You’re Twilight,” Rarity said, as if she were addressing a foal. “You remember that, right? Twi-light.”

“Then who am I?” Spike asked.

“The Prince of Turtleland for all I care,” Rarity said before turning to address her friend. “Now then, from what I managed to gleam from your ravings…you have been hearing stories about little Scootaloo and now believe I will tell you one.”

“…are you?” Twilight asked softly as Rarity led her back towards the sink.

“Well…I do know a story...but I will only tell it if you want me too.”

Twilight considered Rarity’s offer. “It isn’t crazy, is it?”

“Define crazy,” Rarity said (after Twilight’s little display just moments ago Rarity wanted confirmation of just what her friend considered irrational).

“Are you going to use the story to pitch your book? Or claim that Scootaloo is an alien fighter? Or Princess Celestia in disguise?”

“I see you’ve been talking to Applejack,” Rarity muttered, turning on the table and pouring hot, soapy water along Twilight’s mane, massaging her friend’s scalp as she did so. “Do not worry, my dear, my tale is none of the above.”

~MC~MC~MC~

“I say, Evergreen, what do you know about this young filly that is coming to live with us?” Civil Suit said as he took a sip of his tea. The large pegasus was decked out in a fine three piece suit, his tiny wings made to look all the more smaller by his great bulk. He had always been a large pegasus, which is why he had chosen to make his living as a lawyer instead of working up in the clouds (clouds might be firm for pegasi, but one could still fall through them if they weighed too much…and Civil wasn’t about to give up his fried butter with bacon sandwiches). Luckily for him his mind was just as big as his gut and Civil Suit had become quite rich helping protect innocent ponies in Ponyville from greedy corporations.

His mansion, just on the outskirts of Ponyville, brought all the class and dignity of Manehattan and Canterlot to the small town that had grown on him. He just found them so amusingly rustic (not that he would ever tell them that to their faces).

Evergreen, Civil Suit’s wife, smiled as she trotted over to her husband. True to her name her coat was a brilliant emerald and she never went anywhere without her boa or pearls. “That filly is my niece, Civil. Her mother said that she was having some problems and asked us to watch over her till things calmed down. My dear sister is afraid that my niece might get hurt.”

Civil placed a hoof over his wife’s and smiled. “Well, if she is related to you then I know she will have style and grace-“

“Master Suit, Lady Evergreen,” the family butler (and resident smartass), Wise Crack, called out, standing near the opulate front door, “may I present Miss Scootaloo.”

“Say what!” Scootaloo said with a grin, bursting through the door…and smashing a vase. “Aw…hope that wasn’t expensive, Jeeves.” (If this were a bad sitcom, the laugh track would have played)

“It was priceless,” Civil Suit ground out, staring at the orange filly with dyed purple hair. Scootaloo was wearing hightop horseshoes and a loud yellow/blue/red jacket that was about two sizes to big.

“Oh good, was hopin’ it was worth nothin’!” Scootaloo said with a laugh (which would have been timed to, again, the laugh track). She took a seat next to her Uncle Civil, kicking her feet up. “So, what’s the plan for today? We gonna swim in money? Laugh at the poor?”

“High tea and lessons in culture,” Evergreen said simply.

“…no, seriously.”

“Wow…”

~MC~MC~MC~

“What is the matter, Twilight?” Rarity asked, lifting her friend’s head up so she could begin working a comb through her tangled mane.

“I just…wasn’t expecting that.”

“Expecting what?”

“I don’t know…when you started I thought you were going to tell some highbrow story involving tea and crampets-“

“Crumpets.”

“-whatever. The point is that I wasn’t expecting you to go all ‘rags to riches’, ‘worlds collide’ on me.”

Rarity scoffed. “Well, I suppose that is a bit of a shock, since I am so well cultured and refined. But this is Scootaloo’s story, so who am I to change it? Now then, where was I-“

~MC~MC~MC~

“So…Scootaloo…your mother wasn’t very clear about why you had to come live with us,” Civil Suit said, trying to resist the urge to grab the filly and toss her out of the house. So far she had broken the vase, eaten half of the cookies left out for tea and muddied up the floor with her hooves. He could feel his blood pressure building just staring at her.

Scootaloo ran her hoof along her nose, looking about before wiping the gooey appendage on the armrest of the couch. “Don’t worry, Uncle Civil, I’ll clue you in.” Scootaloo cleared her throat. “Now this is the story all about how my life got flipped, turned upside down.” She motioned towards one of the chairs. “And if ya have a minute, sit down and I’ll spill , I'll tell you how I became the princess of a town called Ponyville.”

Evergreen frowned. “You…aren’t a princess.”

“And why are all your sentences rhyming?” Wise Crack asked.

“Just how I roll, Jeeves. Now…” Scootaloo cleared her throat before continuing. “In west Phillydelphia born and raised. On the playground where I spent most of my days. Chilling out, maxing, relaxing all cool and all shooting some b-ball outside of the school.”

“Rarity…are you…rapping?”

Scootaloo continued with her story (which was clearly not a rap but a narrative with lyrical undertones). “When a couple of guys, they were up to no good, started making trouble in my neighborhood! I got in one little fight and my mom had her fill, and said "You're moving with your auntie and uncle in Ponyville!"

“Well…that was…interesting,” Civil Suit stated (while Scootaloo continued to beat box). “Now, I will warn you Rarity that I am a respected lawyer and I expect you to behave like a cultured mare and not like some two bit hood.”

“Uh, Rarity…don’t you mean Scootaloo?”

“Of course Twilight. That is what I said.”

“You said your name.”

“I assure you I did not!”

“Now then, Scootaloo,” Civil Suit said, continuing his lecture. “You are not in Phillydelphia anymore. You are in Ponyville and will behave like a proper unicorn! I will admit it would be humorous to see you, a streetwise tough, interacting with my rich and proper family…might even last a few seasons (seasons of course referring to winter to spring to summer to fall) however-”

“Rarity, Scootaloo isn’t a unicorn…”

~MC~MC~MC~

Rarity sniffed, falling back onto the chair she had summoned from her living room. “Oh Twilight, you caught me! I thought I could fool you but it is clear that I could not! Oh, how I-“

(Author’s Note: Yeah… this goes on for like… another 6 minutes. So we are just going to skip ahead, ok? Hey, why don’t you read the newest chapter of Darth Link's 'Families''? I'll wait.)

(Back? Good, now back to your crappy parody chapter)

“Are you better now?” Twilight asked, taking the now empty bottle of water she had given Rarity. “Think you can tell us what has you so upset?”

“Twilight… I don’t know anything about Scootaloo. I just wanted to be part of the fun. I am always left out and didn’t want you thinking I was a stick in the mud.”

“Rarity, I would never think that.”

“Me neither!” Spike said. “You’re the best.”

“Thank you both.”

Twilight wrapped a hoof around Rarity's shoulder. “But where did you come up with that crazy story? And why were you constantly getting confused and using your name?”

“Well…that story is…my secret origin.” And with that, Rarity dropped her cultured accent. “I be a stone cold baller, yo.” Twilight and Spike just stared in shock. “I grew up on the mean streets, cappin’ fools like it ain’t no thang.” Rarity’s horn glowed and Twilight could only gasp as the fashionista’s entire appearance changed: her body was now bright orange, like she had rolled in a pile of Cheetos, and her mane was frizzy and poofed up. Gaudy rings and jewelry floated over to her as she transformed herself into a true Neigh Jersey girl. “Now that’s I let ya know the truth, cuz, I can be my real self! I’s so glad I don’t need to pretend to be that stuck up bitch, homes. Yo Twi-bright, ya want to hit the club, maybe get our drink on? I’s just got to GTL and I’ll be set.”

Twilight slowly backed away in terror. It was like she was trapped in a horror novel where everyone had been replaced by pod ponies (‘Hmmm, maybe Scootaloo is a pod-No Twilight, focus on saving yourself!’)

“That….sounds super, Rarity, but I really need to go…I need to wash my mane tonight.” She ran a hoof through her already washed mane.

Rarity scoffed. “That be trippin’. Hey Spikey, you want to Smooze?”

“What’s smooze?” Spike asked. Rarity leaned over and whispered in his ear, the dragon’s eyes going wide. “Oh…oh Celestia…No…no no no! That’s not even physically possible! Why would you put that there?!?!” Spike scrambled onto Twilight’s back. “TRANSPORT US! DO IT NOW!”

The lavender unicorn and the baby dragon popped out of Rarity’s house.

“Oh, you were right, that was funny!” Rarity said, her normal accent firmly in place. Her horn flashed and the camouflage spell faded, revealing that all the changes had merely been an illusion.

“I told you!” Pinkie Pie giggled, bursting out of the cupboard she had been hiding in.

“I must say, I really should engage in these ‘pranks’ more often… they fit my natural acting talent quite well.” Rarity looked over the jewelry she was wearing, placing it in a box to be returned to her mother later. “Remind me to thank my cousin Vinyl for sending us that camouflage spell so quickly… and for the tips on slang. Now then…should we try this on Applejack next?”