• Published 28th Aug 2012
  • 4,285 Views, 161 Comments

The After Years - thewaffler



See where Spike, Scootaloo and their friends go five and ten years later.

  • ...
11
 161
 4,285

Question

I wrote 3 chapters at one time with 6 in total planned. The issue is, they don't follow Spike, Scootaloo, and their friends, but rather the adult characters such as Twilight and Donut Joe from Something More, Octavia and Vinyl Scratch from Stray Ardor, Fluttershy's side story and Applejack's side story.

They were written because of the numerous request for what said characters are up to in this story.

The question I have is, would you guys be okay with me posting these 3-6 chapters here or would you rather read them as separate stories?

These are the chapter summaries.

Applejack's Vacation: During the 5 years between Stray Ardor and The After Years, after the passing of Granny Smith, AJ goes to her uncle Orange to discuss expanding the Sweet Apple Acres name and when all is said and done Mosely Orange suggest or rather forces his niece to take a vacation.

Donuts with Sparkle Sprinkles: Set directly after the events of Something More, Donut Joe finally works up the courage to ask a certain question, but things don't necessarily go as planned for this baker of fried rings.
*No alicorn Twilight, because This was planned before the 3rd season finale*

Fluttershy's Family Reunion: Shy goes to a family reunion for the most neurotic family in Equestria and as usual every family has at least one black sheep.

Scratched Records: Octavia and Vinyl's relationship hits the breaks... and how will a tennis player and another DJ fill in the cracks?

A Secretary for the Mayor: Equestria's only human: Ron Ryans job becomes more complicated when the Mayor Mare decides to do something that could get her into a lot of trouble.

Sofas and Quills buy Barnyard Bargains: The business world is tough as Filthy Rich finds that his stocks take a considerable hit and being arrogant he figures that no one in town would take advantage of this situation, but Filthy will find out the cost of his poor decisions when Davenport the owner of Sofa's and Quills decides to strike while the iron is hot.


So, let me know if your guys are cool with me posting these chapters here or as separate stories.