• Published 28th Aug 2012
  • 4,279 Views, 161 Comments

The After Years - thewaffler



See where Spike, Scootaloo and their friends go five and ten years later.

  • ...
11
 161
 4,279

Prom Night: Applebloom and Truffles

Prom Night: Applebloom and Truffles.

Ever since Truffles had stood up to Silver Spoon and Diamond Tiara, Apple bloom had harbored a crush for the stubby grey colt from Balegium. After some prodding from Sweetie Belle and some words of encouragement from Scootaloo, the little earth pony filly worked up the courage to confess her feelings.

Jump forward a few years later and the two were as close as any other young couple, probably more so if the incident that happened last "season" can be taken into account. Let's just say in a town full of mares, being out of shape or fat works in your disadvantage, especially if your special somepony can out run you by over a mile.

As soon as the ten friends had arrived at the gala hall, they all separated to enjoy the prom. Applebloom and Truffles decided to go dancing, but as they soon found out, in comparison to the more dance capable members of their group, they were just plain terrible at fancy hoof work. So, they opted to just rock back and forth slowly holding each other to the soft music playing in the background trying not to step each other's hooves anymore.

"Hey, um Truffles."

"Yes?" He whispered into her ear.

"Remember when I snapped at those two shiny mares earlier?" Her date simply nodded. "Well, ah got something important to tell you, but ah'm not exactly sure how to tell you."

"Like the best dishes that start with simple ingredients, so should anything that needs to be said be just as simple."

The yellow filly smiled slightly and took a deep breath. "Ah've got a bun in the oven."

"I-I-I'm g-going to be a papa?" The grey stallion voice shook and his accent popped in and out of focus.

Applebloom gave a weak nod, not exactly knowing how Truffles would react to her news.

"That's g-great!" He hugged his mare and promptly fainted right there on the corner of the dance floor.

*THUD*

"Well'p that went better than ah thought it would." The mare sighed as she followed the two paramedics taking her soon to be fiancé to the castle's medical center.

As Applebloom sat by Truffles' unconscious form, her only worry became, 'how in Equestria am ah gonna keep Truffles alive when my family finds out?'