• Published 28th Aug 2012
  • 4,286 Views, 161 Comments

The After Years - thewaffler



See where Spike, Scootaloo and their friends go five and ten years later.

  • ...
11
 161
 4,286

10 Years Later: Spike and Scootaloo

[5 Years After Prom]

♫♪
….You can concern yourself with bigger things
You catch a pearl and ride the dragon's wings
'Cause it's the heat of the moment
Heat of the moment
The heat of the moment showed in your eyes...
♫♪

Asia’s Heat of The Moment blasted through the airwaves as a twenty something dragon rocketed through the street of downtown Horseshoe Bay on a rapidly disintegrating moped. It was race in which there were no silver medals for second place. What was the prize for such a perilous journey? Saving his Scootaloo from her bro-douche teammate.

As Spike made his way into the home stretch, feet blistered, dress-shirt tattered and scales chipped, scratched and broken, he began to reflect on what events transpired to bring him at the moment in time.


[Two Days Ago]

It had already been a stressful week as finals were taking place at The Canterlot College for the Performing Arts and Spike was running himself into the ground working on his term paper, the very same paper separating him from his degree.

‘This one last paper separates me from my degree. As soon as I ge--’ The dragon’s thoughts were interrupted by his roommate flipping through channel on the TV they shared.

Yeah, Spike happened to share his dorm with a rather large Diamond Dog named Chuggs.

"Bro, your girlfriend is on TV."

Sure enough on screen was the orange pegasus of his affliction standing next to a half pipe at the Horseshoe Bay Radical Games with a reporter in front of her and another pony on her other side.

There was nothing out of the ordinary, but to the sleep-deprived dragon the simple act of her teammate placing a hoof over her shoulder and congratulating her set his mind into a million worse case scenarios.


The skateboarding stallion whom Spike didn’t know the name of, so he gave him the temporary name: Todd for the time being. “Hey Scootaloo, I gotta new tribal tattoo. Wanna see it?”

The sweet innocent naive version of his girlfriend looked at her fellow competitor. “I don’t see a tattoo.”

“Well, how about we head over to my hotel room, so I can show it to you.” He said moving his brow suggestively.

Flashing forward a few scenes to just outside of Todd’s room.

“It even grows, see?”

“Wow! It’s so much bigger than my boyfriend’s.”

“Let’s see if I can’t do a McTwist off a barrel roll into a tail grab, baby.”

“Oooh…...”


It only got worse for spike as he let his thoughts stew and all these twisted delusions were made worse partially thanks to the young drake’s fatigued burnt out mind.

“That sneaky bastard!”

“Bro….man, you might wanna tone it down a notch.” Chugs tried his best to calm his roommate down.

All Spike heard was so far gone, all he heard was, ‘Dude, you should totally go down there and beat his ass with a two by four.’

“You’re absolutely right, but where am I gonna find a hardware store open at this time at night?”

“Alright, I know where this is going might as well enjoy the trip.” The diamond dog sighed and knew he had just taken the ticket, so he might as well ride the ride. As for why he was even going along with his roommate’s quest, Chugs was a lot of things but stupid wasn’t one of them, he knew better than to question a delusional dragon.

Meanwhile, Spike grabbed as many things as he could shove into a duffel bag all the while not entirely sure what he was grabbing.

When all was said and done there was a nonchalant diamond dog and dragon armed to the teeth with office supplies and sheet music.

All this rushed insanity was only small part of a larger question. How were they gonna get to Colitfornia from Canterlot?

By stealing an auto-carriage at eleven o’clock at night and they would’ve been on their way had it not been for one teeny tiny problem. They just happened to back up and nail Spike’s music professor: Eighth Note with it.

“Crap!”

“Dude, we can’t just leave him, here!”

It took Spike a bit of time to dwell on that statement on one claw he could get an “A” on his final because the professor bought the farm, but on the other claw vehicular mane-slaughter (A/n: I hate the horse pun so much) was wrong.

“I guess we could take him with us, plus he can’t fail me for turning in the paper late if he’s here and not on campus.”


[A few Hours Later at a Las Pegasus Hospital]

In a sterile room that reeked of disinfectant a lone college professor woke up.

“Ughhhh….what happened? It feels like I just got hit by a bus.”

“It seemed like you were hit by a carriage sir.” A voice came from the side of the stallion. “It was a good thing two kind samaritans brought you here.”

As the college professor sat up and opened his eyes he saw a nurse standing to his left holding a clipboard giving him a gentle smile.

“Where exactly am I?”

“Why you’re in good hooves of Goodsprings General Medical just outside of Las Pegasus. Yessiree, there's no finer hospital in Equestria. Why y---”

“Wait did you just say, Las Pegasus?”

“Ummm, why we even have a full casino downstairs complete with keno and video-slots!” The cheerful diabetes-inducing nurse explained with a grandiose hoof gesture.

His mind tried to process what was going on and more importantly, why he was hundreds of miles from Canterlot. “Las Pegasus….I’m in Las Pegasus. WHAT THE FU---”


Back to the Dragon and the bipedal Rottweiler, the two of them had somehow made it across the Equestria in a little over two days. Along their way they had been seen more of the Equestrian Badlands they ever wanted to see complete with desert hill dwelling mutants and the surprisingly pleasant thestral county.

“Hey bro, I’m gonna go stop for some gas and get directions. Chill, Okay.” Chuggs looked at Spike warily as all he could hear was muttering and broken sentence fragments as the overgrown lizard began to shake.

Spike’s mind was still going over twisted fantasies of his mare and her teammate who he still didn’t know the name of going at it like rabbits.

One such vision had Scootaloo laying on a bed and throwing gems carelessly as the douche bag made out with her while a midget version of Sombra rode a tricycle before the extreme athlete made out with Twilight dressed as Masked Matter-Horn invading his Happy Place.

“GAH!!!”

Spike couldn’t take it anymore, he jumped out of the carriage and made his way across the street and found a pizza delivery driver’s moped and took off.

“Hey!!!”

“I’m just borrowing it! I’ll give it back unless I forget then I’m sorry!” The drake yelled back to the miffed pizza guy.

At that very moment, Chuggs walked of the gas station convenience store. “Hey Spike, they got beef jer...” He looked to see his friend take off on a motorized scooter while a pony stood there yelling at him. “...ky.”


Back to the present, Spike roared down the steep hills of the city of Horseshoe Bay on what was little more than a mangled scooter with only one wheel intact and the other wheel now long gone just a sparking truck in its place.

It didn't matter because Spike made his way into the building via crashing the front gate and ignoring every security guard at the after party.

“Mother f--” The dragon went to town on the skateboard punk. “You thought you could get away with, didn’t you? DIDN’T YOU?!”

Spike rammed his fist of righteous indignation into the stallion’s sides as if they were battering rams of scales and muscles.

“Oof!”

The crowd watched in awe as the disheveled and most likely delusional drake wailed on his unprepared and unsuspecting opponent.

“Argghhh….I confess I stole the bits at the charity auction, please for the love of Celestia stop hitting me!”

All the half crazed dragon heard was “I’m sorry, please beat me some more for I was gonna hook up with that piece of handicapped pegasus over there and never call her again, so I deserve every ounce of pain you can give me.”

“...Totally heinous man… Bro ...c-completely unradical….” Those were the last words uttered by the professional skateboarder before he lost consciousness.

In the end it took fifteen cops to pull the dragon off of the athlete. Spike would’ve gone to jail for aggravated assault had it not been thanks to his ties to the princesses and it being finals week.

As he left the station, he was greeted by the sight of his mare and his roommate.

“I messed up bad, didn’t I?”

“You stole a moped, crashed the after party then attacked Free Rider...” The orange pegasus said flatly. “...and it was AWESOME!!!”

“You’re not mad?”

“I’m absolutely vivid, but your heart was in the right place and every reporter within a five miles radius is trying to get an interview with me.” Scootaloo pulled out a copy of the evening paper whose front page had a picture of disheveled Spike beating the stuffing out of a skateboarder as the cops and security tried to break up the carnage.

“So what now?”

“Chuggs is going back to Canterlot to drop off your paper.” She waved a hoof at the Diamond Dog in the car parked across the street to take off. “As for us, we are gonna have a nice little chat about all of this.”

That night Spike told her everything, from his fears and jealousy that his sleep deprived mind created and how they haven’t seen much of each over the past year.

“So when it comes down to it, I miss you. I miss the whole boyfriend-girlfriend thing, hanging out, talking, causing property damage and getting in trouble for public indecency. I love you Scoots.”

A small blush came to the pegasus’ face. “Oh...”

“It’s funny because in a few months you would’ve been done with your tour and I wouldn’t been done with school, but when I saw Todd--”

“Free Rider.”

“Whatever, when I saw *Free Rider* and you, I couldn’t stop myself and logic be damned...”

“I’ll be honest, I miss it all too. you and me, Ponyville and our friends, but mostly you.” She learned over across the table and gave the drake a kiss on the snout which gave way to the always predictable plume of smoke that never ceased to get an out of character giggle from her.


“It wasn’t long after that I graduated college and made another albeit less insane road trip to find your mother, It didn’t hurt that the Radical Games Überjolts Tour’s original keyboard player got sick and they needed a replacement. Since then your mother and I have been inseparable.”

The odd part is this spike telling this to his four year son, who doesn't understand most of what he just said.

“That was also how I was arrested for aggravated assault.” Spike explained his tale to a very confused four-year-old kirin.

"Um...I just wanted a juice box."

"Uh..."

"Daddy..what's a hemp?"

"Uhh it's a...you know what champ let's get you a few cookies to go with that juice!"

All of a sudden, a very ornery preggers Scootaloo trotted into the scene.

Spike looking absolutely terrified, did what any great parent would do in the situation. "Say nothing to your mother and we'll go get ice cream."

“Say nothing about what?” The tiny hybrid foal/whelp couldn’t read much less fully process his father’s adventure.

“Exactly, now how about that ice cream?”

“Hun, if you’re getting ice cream, we want ours with pickled jalapenos and hollandaise sauce.” The mare rubbed her bulging belly to drive home the point.

As the dragon and his child walked towards Mr. Freezey’s Fro-Yo Emporium, Spike let out a wistful sigh. “Did I ever tell you about the magical and amazing ice cream land?”

Now that was a story that the small colt could wrap his head around.

Author's Note:

Worry about the wait. Thanks to everyone that waited.

Comments ( 7 )

:rainbowlaugh:...That must have been some adventure!:moustache:

Totally worth the wait.

5066130 :eeyup:

Laughed my ass off on this chapter, gods was this funny. Great job, you done amazing. Now I want to read the talk to two had, and what the hell happened with everypony else....why do they have T.V.? hOW DID THE HYBRID COME INTO PLAY....GODS DAMN IT WHY AM I so confused!

Is there another chapter in the works?

Login or register to comment