• Published 28th Aug 2012
  • 4,285 Views, 161 Comments

The After Years - thewaffler



See where Spike, Scootaloo and their friends go five and ten years later.

  • ...
11
 161
 4,285

After the Prom: Sweetie Belle and Feather Weight

Out of all their friends, the unicorn and pegasus couple were the only ones that managed to make it back to sky-limo that night and end up back to Ponyville.

With time to kill and a hunger that could not be satiated, Feather Weight and Sweetie Belle went to the only place open ultra late at night: Donut Joe's. That's really all that happened unless you count Feather Weight's cousin going insane on another steroid fueled rampage that ended with him trying to eat the shingles of Sugar Cube Corner before he was tranquilized by the police.

Soon after a few plates of pancakes and some relatively vanilla conversation, they paid their bill and trotted towards Sweetie Belle's parents’ house.

"I had wonderful time tonight Feather."

"Same here, shame that we lost everyone."

"I'm sure they're fine." The white filly pecked the lanky colt on the lips before she trotted into her home.

What? Some couples are just that bland. It was this extreme blandness that would cause a certain god of chaos and pink alicorn of romance to team up to spice things up the following week in the form of an old flame which took the form of a video game obsessed young stallion.


As I said, it would cause a god of chaos and a demi-goddess of romance to team up.

Back at Canterlot Castle

It's no secret that chaos controls many things: life, death, wealth, poverty and even...love.

So, naturally when Discord was once again freed from his stone prison albeit this time permanently he would eventually meet a pony that he had a very special connection to and by connection we are talking about a direct descendent. It would be later revealed to a shocked Shining Armor that his wife Princess Mi Amore Cadenza or just Candance was in fact the great, great, great, great, etcetera grand daughter of the god of chaos.

Being a demi-goddess of love, Candance was rather accepting of the whole situation.

Cut to the present and the two of them were doing what they did best... chaos. Discord had promised to attempt to use his abilities for good, so he was setting forth the chain of events that would reward the downtrodden and punish the wicked and in Canterlot it wasn't hard to find the latter of the two.

Candance was visiting from the Crystal Empire while Shining watched over the kingdom and studied in an attempt to ascend to alicorn status. He could've asked just Discord for wings, but he was too prideful, but that's beside the point. Anyway getting back on track Candance was chilling out with grandpa Discord while the draconequus monitored the creatures that called Equestria home and randomly he caught sight of a unicorn and pegasus couple trotting home together, the mare caught his eye and almost instantaneously he recognized he as one of the fillies that freed him all those years ago.

After a few minutes of watching the couple, he came to one conclusion. "I have never seen a pair so dull in my entirety of existence. It's like watching a painting of grass growing dry."

"I'm sure they aren't that bad." the pink alicorn smirked and that smirk quickly faded as she too watched the seemingly happy couple exchange vanilla forms of affection. Eventually she couldn't take it anymore and her once gleaming smile was replaced with disappointed frown and a frustrated sigh. 'They're teenagers for Auntie's sake; they should be stupid and reckless.'

"They can't be like this all the time, right?" Candance had to know, love should be passion, the plain stuff can wait for when you get old.

Discord teleported Candance and himself to some kind of ethereal plane of existence and summoned a projector and some theater style seating and mass of junk food. It was here that he whipped out a film reel and began to play other moments from the couple's lives. Just as Discord predicted the film began to show events like talking about breakfast cereal, taking spin classes and going on a trip to Escalator Land. "Yep, looks that way."

"As the princess of love, I can't stand for it. Love should be passion, it should be hot and ...intense, it SHOULD A MOLTEN MAGMA OF...OF..." Candance found herself descending into the madness of love's partner in crime lust, after calming down a bit the alicorn blushed in embarrassment.

"Well, I have an idea! Cad--" Discord was about to explain his plan to his grandchild when she teleported out of the room,

Five minutes later, the princess teleported back into the room albeit this time with a disheveled mane and sporting the biggest blush she had ever worn in her life. "Um... you were saying?"

Discord had been gone was playing a game of poker with himself and four magically created clones, when Candance reappeared and as she did so, he looked down at Candance and snapped his game out of existence. "My plan was to just add a touch of excitement to their boring dull as dirt lives."

It was at this moment that the god chaos detailed his idea to bring a familiar face back to Ponyville. Worse case scenario it would pump some much needed excitement into the town.


Meanwhile Back in the Crystal Empire Public Library, Shining Armor was confused, sticky, dirty, sweaty and his research papers were scattered all over the floor. "Did I just get laid?"