• Published 19th Aug 2020
  • 2,292 Views, 67 Comments

My Anthroponic Reincarnation Story [On Pause except for Summer] - TheOneAndOnlyRhyanSparks



Some days you're just minding your own business... Me? Well... I died. Kinda. However, instead of hoping for reincarnation, something weird and magical summoned my friend and I to another world... Full... Of... ANTHROPONIES.

  • ...
10
 67
 2,292

[9] Definitely NOT Having an Unusual Morning

Author's Note:

Forgive me for the late chapter! I had to keep re-reading my work to make sure it felt right and I then had some university assignments to handle. In the past three months, I managed to write the remaining 1400 or so words to this chapter.

Sorry for the wait and I hope you enjoy this half-filler, half-insight chapter before something rather interesting occurs in the next chapter! :raritywink:

So it turned out that we had been submitted to a veterinary hospital. That’s sort of a big deal for the two of us. The situation left a bitter taste in my mouth. I was really upset that we’d been admitted to a place that pets and hurt creatures go to when they’re in bad health.

At least Fluttershy helped to clear up the confusion. Twilight was ecstatic that we were able to communicate effortlessly with her. However, even though Twilight and I were now on the same page, there were still a lot of words exchanged between her and Rue that flew over my head. These thoughts roamed my mind as I barely paid attention to a very subtle aura encompassing the sun and slowly dragged it towards the horizon.

It’s like a whole new side to Rue, as she asked about things like “thaumic bleed” and “chronic distortion”. I knew enough science, but everything here would turn the heads of scientists back home.

'Home….' That’s something I hadn’t thought of since we’d arrived. I wonder what’s going on back in our home reality. I felt a soft vibration start from my chest and spread out across my body as I thought of my friends and family. My vision went out of focus slightly, but the images that flashed through my head of my sister, Becs, Lucas and the others.

I think it’s a little strange that I’ve not really been thinking of them since I woke up. My thought process was interrupted by a soft tap of my shoulders.

‘You okay, Calvin?’

‘Hmm? Oh, yeah. Just lost in thought really. What's up?’ I replied.

‘I, um, I just thought I'd check up on you. It was a long day after all.’ Came Fluttershy’s response, as she approached from behind as she quietly shut the door.

The soft voiced girl joined me at my side, as I stared out at the evening sunset. It's weird, how the magic here works a little slower than how Rue described it on the show. Longer transitions between daytime and nighttime lead to gorgeous sunsets. Spells needing full concentration before use, luckily without saying them out loud. Thank Faust for that!

You know you're adapting to a new world too quickly when you start using their verbal customs, like “sweet Celestia” or “Thank Faust” instead of what you usually used back on Earth. Speaking of, I couldn't help but feel ... lost. Distant.

I don't know what conveyed the feelings I was experiencing, but Fluttershy gently placed a hand on my arm and the other started to rub my back.

‘It's okay. I’m not very good at expressing myself like this, but I'm sorry for that glare in the hospital.’ Her voice had noticeably grown more confident as she talked, but there were still hints of shyness as we stared out together at the setting sun. ‘If it wasn't for my friends, I don't think I'd have the strength today to admit how embarrassing and worrying it was that I had glared at you like that.’

I looked down at her in wonder after her confession. Being just under half a foot from my height she might feel intimidated by me, to some extent. However, with the calmness of the situation, she didn't even flinch when I wrapped my arm around her shoulders and puller to my side for a heartfelt hug.

‘It's okay.’ I whispered, rubbing her shoulder gently. ‘I was a little upset at the thought of being at your equivalent of what we call “the vets”, but I can see you were only acting on instinct and habit.’

‘The … “vets”?’ She questioned, while she tilted her head to the side.

I found that action adorable. Especially when a strand of her hair fell across her face. I let the memory slip away as I went on to explain a few of our earthly customs regarding pets. Surprisingly, they did most of them here too. With a few, rather noticeable differences. Here I was, discussing animal information I didn't know I knew with a girl fascinated by animals and could communicate with them. It was a sight to behold; a bipedal pony making conversation with a little Bluejack called Mortimer who had appeared on the balcony railing.

Something bugged me a little, but I couldn't figure out what. Then a flash of silver came from my right. Startling both of us.

‘Yip yip!’

The voice I barely recognised belonged to that young, male and evolved Timberwolf pup.

‘What was their kind called again?’ I racked my brain to think of their species, but the name “evolved Timberwolf” just didn't sit well for me since that conversation I had with the pup’s mother. ‘Well then, guess we'll need to call you something.’

‘Oh my, you are adorable!’ Squealed Fluttershy, blocking up the little pup and cuddling him. ‘You never mentioned you had a pet!’ She added, looking the pup all over to try as if trying to see if she knows what it is.

‘That's kinda funny, because I thought I mentioned the two creatures in our meeting earlier today.’ I replied.

‘Oh. Sorry. I must have missed that in all the emotions.’ She said, a solemn look came across her eyes before the pup licked her face. ‘Hey!’ She giggled, earning her a confident “yip” from the pup.

A larger flash went off again on my right. This time, it was the mother.

‘Forgive me, Cal.’ She said, in my head somehow. ‘My pup wanted to meet the young pony.’

‘It's fine, you're free to come and go whenever you want to after all.’ I replied verbally, stroking the soft, white mane of the creature that was taller than my shoulders.

‘Wait, you can talk to creatures too?!’ Fluttershy asked loudly and cheerfully.

Her eyes lit up like the stars that were now beginning to appear as the sun dipped below the horizon, the soft glow of the remaining light making her features glow brightly. The moon’s slightly faster appearance was courtesy of Princess Luna.

‘Nope. When you were talking to those birds and other critters earlier, I couldn't understand a word.’

‘Oh, I see.’ Her eyes didn’t sparkle as much, but she was still surprised nonetheless.

I could tell she was smitten with the playful pup who slowly felt sleepy. As if on cue, she picked him up and brought him indoors, with the mother and I following her. Unsurprisingly, the room didn’t contain a section for both the motherly creature and her pup. As Fluttershy put the now sleepy pup in the middle of the floor, there was a nod of appreciation to her from the motherly creature and a gentle bow, before making her way to the area.

‘If I'm being perfectly honest, I don't know what these two are.’ I whispered after a minute, as the motherly creature threw me a curious glance before wrapping herself around the sleeping pup in the new area.

‘Really? Hmm..’ Fluttershy replied quietly, before she let out a yawn so quiet I hadn't noticed it until I looked back at her from the two docile creatures before me.

‘You're sleepy, I think you should call it a night.’ I spoke, luckily not loud enough to awaken the two wolves. ‘

‘Mm? Oh, right, okay. Goodnight then.’ She replied, quietly making her way out the bedroom door.

I sat there, staring at the creatures in fascination and awe in the quiet, moonlit bedroom, wondering what to call these wolf-like creatures. I thought about their appearance, their origins, their possible life before meeting me and whatnot. My thoughts were running around my head like fireworks stuck in a glass jar, probably not the best analogy, but it's what it felt like. Before dozing off, I thought that it was a good idea to wait until I spoke to Rue about what to call them.

* * *

‘–al! Cal! CAL! Wake up!’

Those were the words that snapped me awake the next morning. I hadn't realised I'd slept for so long, but I guess that's what happens when you stay up late thinking like crazy. I noticed that this wasn’t the room back in our little home

‘C’mon, wake up already!’ The voice squealed happily, but with a bit more urgency. Enough urgency that it roused me from my grogginess.

As my thoughts began to clear up, the rather close voice sounded like Rue. She was awkwardly leaning across to me as she gently grasped my shoulders. The first thing I noticed were a pair of erubescent cheeks, followed by her sparkling eyes. The way her long, silky smooth hair drooped over her shoulders as she leant over me.

Don’t get me wrong, I do like this, but with everything that’s been going on, well, you can tell why I’m nervous about the next step. Instead of complying with her request, I decided to feign ignorance and sleepiness.

‘Ugh, five more minutes…’ I mumbled loudly.

‘No, now Cal!’ She giggled, as she leant back to sit on my legs.

I couldn’t hold my stoic face any longer, as the corners of my mouth gave away my fake disappointment from waking up like this. My smile was growing along with her increasingly cute giggling. That was, until she dropped a question that woke me up.

‘What's this I hear from Fluttershy about some adorable creatures you summoned?’

After last night's memories flashed back in my head, I remembered the conversation Fluttershy and I had about the creatures.

‘If you want me to be perfectly honest, I have no clue. Wait… How’d you get into the bedroom?’ I replied, puzzled at her appearance.

‘That doesn’t matter. I did think of hopping in beside you and falling asleep, but the thought of Twilight catching us and the sight of the two beauties stopped me from doing so.’

‘... I see.’ I hesitated, curious about how she got in bed beside me, when she’s unable to move from the waist down. ‘Any reason why you wanted to get in bed beside me?’ I added.

Her long silence was enough. It wasn’t awkward,

‘I…’ She closed her eyes and rolled onto her side, pulling her close to me. ‘I really don’t know, yet.’ She muttered into my chest. ‘But one thing’s for sure - we need time for “us” to take that next step.’

I was a bit taken aback, but I kinda liked it this way. The calm morning breeze through the now open balcony, but something nagged at the back of my mind that Rue and I had to get up. Quickly at that.

‘Okay then, but first, I want to talk to Twilight.’ I replied.

I waited for Rue to give me the room to myself before changing. The two creatures that had gone to sleep the night before were no longer asleep on the floor. They felt like they’d “wisped away” some time earlier this morning. It took less time than I thought to get dressed this time. I vaguely noticed what the two creatures felt like in their wispy form, before I was somehow being dragged by Rue towards the stairs as she wheeled herself along.

Let’s just say that I hadn’t expected the floor to create a platform to carry her and I down the stairs. It was impossible. Then again, this was a world of magic. After animatedly blabbering about meeting Princess Luna in her dream, she went on to wind down her experience into casual morning chat as I wheeled her into the kitchen-like area.

Personally, I’m surprised I was able to take in all this information. I remember that period where I was a bit of an isekai weeb when I was younger, but looking back, I could probably explain it somehow. Not in a way Twilight would likely understand though.

‘Morning you two. Especially you, Cal.’ Twilight spoke, as she was reading through a book while others floated around her.

I was going to reply, but I hadn’t noticed that a book had hovered directly into my path for the table until I walked right into it a second later. For a brief moment, my vision sparkled with lights and colours, before I found myself staring up at the ceiling.

An old memory flitted across my mind then lingered quietly whilst I was being helped up to sit on a seat, with the book I’d walked into being stacked into a pile with the others rather quickly.

‘Oh sweet Celestia, I’m so sorry!’ Twilight gasped, coming round the table to help me up.

‘It’s okay, just surprised me is all.’ I replied, rubbing my nose while getting up only to get a strong feeling of light-headedness. ‘Huh, my vision is filled with colours and spots but it’s lasting longer than it should …’ That’s when a headache hit, followed by blackness.


I didn’t know when I’d fainted but the next thing I knew, I was probably laying on a couch, if it weren’t for the cushiony feeling beneath my body that felt different to the one under my head. My head was propped up by something soft with my vision blanketed by what could only be a damp, white cloth.

‘-ope he’s okay. Doesn’t sound like it would knock somebody out like that.’ An immediately recognisable, soft-spoken voice spoke. The gentle tones were unmissable.

‘He looks fine to me. Are you sure you didn’t do it deliberately, Twilight?’ A hyper-sounding, yet worried voice replied. Must be Pinkie Pie, if I remember correctly.

‘I’m positive I didn’t do it.’ Twilight answered in return, worry laced into her words.

I slowly peeled back the cloth on my eyes after a soft groan. Luckily, I was in a slightly dimmer room than before. I didn’t recognise the surroundings though.

‘Oh, hey, Cal.’ I heard from directly above.

‘Uhh, hey.’ I mumbled, the soft glow of sunlight from the not-so-closed curtains reflecting off something against Rue’s cheeks.

‘You feeling okay?’ The worry in her voice was strong.

‘Yeah, I am now.’ I felt a soft pressure shift its way around my head as I replied, before I realised she was stroking my head.

It took a few minutes for me to completely come around. Luckily, I didn’t have much to worry about. After we were both guided back to our house, I found myself closing an open window to my bedroom, followed by going through a few rather neat piles of clothes sat on my bed.

‘Thanks, Rarity.’ I thought happily, before swapping into a rather soft, well-fitting set of running clothes.

The morning went by without much going on. From what Rue had been talking to Twilight about before we left, they were able to agree and make sure only Princess Twilight’s messages would get out of the little town we were in. Some people still eyed us warily, like this weirdly expensive guy. Spoiled Brat or something, I can’t exactly remember his name, but his daughter was definitely someone you wouldn’t want to trifle with.

Personally, I just hope we can learn to settle into this new world and not get caught up in any more madness. I pray that we get to live a calmer life in this world. For Rue, our new friends … and especially myself. I never thought I’d get reincarnated here, but at least Twilight and a friend of hers are looking into our arrival.

I sure hope we can go home someday, but I think this world has some stuff in store for us before that ever comes to pass.