• Published 19th Aug 2020
  • 2,268 Views, 67 Comments

My Anthroponic Reincarnation Story [On Pause except for Summer] - TheOneAndOnlyRhyanSparks



Some days you're just minding your own business... Me? Well... I died. Kinda. However, instead of hoping for reincarnation, something weird and magical summoned my friend and I to another world... Full... Of... ANTHROPONIES.

  • ...
10
 67
 2,268

[7] Definitely NOT a Usual Day in Ponyville

It had been a few days since Rue fainted; she’s no longer unconscious since then, but her hysterical comment got me thinking wildly about the implications we were under. The situation was definitely worse than I thought. Especially when it took me around a full hour after her comment when she woke up to realise what she’d said.

It was during our second session together when she was awake, calmer and a lot more lucid than before. That was when she revealed we arrived in an anthropomorphic, or as she had mentioned at the time, an “anthroponic” version of a television show. One which Rue knew a fair amount about back on Earth. Apparently, the world we’re now on is called the “Lands of Equis” and, without second guessing, had guessed their god was the name of the woman who made the show back on our home planet.

SInce then, we've been learning about this world and how it differs. Correction, I’ve been learning since Rue and I found ourselves dumped here. Rue is still recovering from her fainting session, which knocked her out and left her bed ridden for another few days. When I’d been informed she was a lot more lucid, I was in awe as she slowly described everyone that she pointed out as she practiced getting on top of her “episodes”.

Currently, we’re just enjoying the sights as I’m pushing her around. Oh, right, after the events that had transpired over a week ago, I forgot to mention that something from our arrival has magically disabled her from using her legs. Literally. Twilight was still flabbergasted to this very day after seeing me endure sure a strong amount of … how did she put it again? Oh, that’s right, “Thaumic Pressure”.

Luckily, with a bit of hindsight, Fluttershy and I were able to collect a wheelchair for her so I could push her around after we found out she was immobile from the hips down. Right now, I’m being snapped back to reality as a shrill noise broke through the sounds around me. A bit too loudly for my liking.

‘..This is just amazing! So that’s Lyra and Bon-Bon, they’re travelling towards-- OOH! That’s Sugarcube Corner!’ Rue squealed, as we stopped halfway down the sidewalk.

In contrast to the show, according to the overexcited Rue, most ponies were walking around with at least something in their hands, sorry, hooves.

No, they’re hands… Gah! Shaking my head mentaily, still making my mind juggle the words loosely, as they literally have hands just like ours. As I looked around, the streets were pretty much completely paved, unlike the solid and pure ground on the show. It made me laugh at how she described it as some kind of tarmac and concrete appearance and feel to them as we strolled over it.

I was snapped out of my thoughts as Rue started wheeling herself into the place she labelled as Sugarcube Corner. I quickly did a look backwards, to Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash who’d come along with us, before they quickly followed suit. Entering the little café, the warmth and the almost intoxicating aroma of the biscuits, cookies, cakes and both hot and cold drinks made my mouth water at the sides as well as stopping me in my tracks.

‘I’ve never felt or smelt a place as satisfying as this café in my life!’ I thought, a little hazily. ‘I can’t help but wonder what gets cooked here to have it smell so heavenly!’ I mentally added, before a punch on my shoulder brought me out of my stupor.

‘Hey, buckethead. Might wanna keep an eye on you-know-who over there.’ Rainbow stated, pointing a backward thumb towards Rue. She just sat there in the middle of the room, face clasped in her hands as I walked over.

‘Hey, you okay?’ I asked gently but loudly enough to be heard over the ambient noise, placing a hand on her shoulder.

I was met with a partially covered smile and tear-filled eyes staring back at mine. After only a few seconds, of our interlocked eyes, I broke the stare by moving behind her, rubbing her shoulders then pushed us back outside, where the smell wasn’t as heavy as it was indoors. Taking the time to grab a table, we sat there as I grabbed a napkin from the little holder for them and dabbed at her watery eyes.

It was a few minutes before Dash and ‘Shy came out - they’d ordered us some food while we were busy taking in the sights from the little seating area. Rue had calmed down considerably, her reaction had shown some onlookers like she’d not been anywhere near here before. But before we could relax any further, a voice catches her off guard again.

‘So, I hear you know alot about us, uhhh.’ Spoke Rainbow, placing a finger of hers against her chin while she thought of Rue’s name.

‘Um, it’s Rue, Rainbow Dash.’ Fluttershy whispered loudly, which I didn’t know was possible.

‘Oh yeah, my bad!’ Dash replied, earning her a warm giggle from Rue and a questioning look from ‘Shy.

‘So, from what I saw, you seem to know more than you let on about everyone around us.’ Dash continued, twiddling her smoothie straw in her fingers.

‘While I know she’s very knowledgeable of this world you guys all reside in, in all honesty, I had no clue she was that invested in the … uh, world and the peep-- ponies in it.’ I replied, getting both their attention.

They both tilted their heads oppositely, in unison, making Rue giggle a bit. She leant over to me and whispered something along the lines of “They have no idea what you’re going on about.”. I sheepishly replied with an apology after Fluttershy voiced her confusion.

‘It’s fine. I think Twilight would understand us the most, but I can’t help but get the feeling she’d freak out if we told her, well, if Rue told her the truth. You see...’ I rattled on, as I gave a brief but not too overbearing story I came up with when I had discussed earlier with Rue.

When Rue had been discharged, we had unintentionally argued a little about how much detail she can reveal about the inhabitants around us. Luckily, nobody was around for what we both decided to call the “heated discussion” of ours. We’d never really fought like that before, but it had placed a small wall between us for about a week.

After a week of the six girls worrying about me, they offered to let me stay at each of their homes, doing a daily activity to help me relax and get my mind off of whatever they could sense I was struggling through. I didn’t want to admit it, but after two days, the stress and emotions had begun to balance again. However, I still agreed to each of their offers and activities and it wasn’t until I was house with Twilight on the fifth day of what I had dubbed as “teenage sleepovers”, that I realised I was wrong during our earlier argument.

I’d waited until the end of the week, to get all of my emotions settled before I’d visited Rue and waited for her rehab session to finish. She’d forgiven me around the same time I’d begun to feel better after the argument.


The two girls, Rue and I were all headed to a newly created house near Twilight’s rather… unusual home as the day rolled towards an end. Apparently, the large, crystallized castle structure was from a few years ago, when the six girls had done something amazing, but they were very modest whenever I asked about it.

The scale of this crystalline structure was a breath to behold. It towered far above us, but didn’t feel suppressive or overwhelming in the least. Something must have let them know we were staring with our mouths open, as the next thing I feel is a pair of eyes on us coming from the doorway. I was about to reply a few seconds later, when I found my eyesight blocked by a large bundle of pink fluffiness.

The sound of pure joy and laughter along with this suffocating wall of vivid, cotton-like and oversized pink hair could only make Rue burst into laughter from somewhere ahead of me as I tried prying off the girl who’d enveloped my vision with a strong hug and overbearing personality. She was one of the girls who'd been told to stay quiet during a visit to my bedside and Rue’s at the hospital; Pinkie Pie.

Before I knew it, I’d tripped on the edge of a slab on the cement-like pavement and fell over backwards, landing on my back. It was a little sore, but that was the least of my problems - Pinke and Rue just burst out laughing at my predicament, which I didn’t find funny at all. After a minute or so of Rue and Pinkie just laughing their head off at my predicament, I found myself not wanting to join the contagious laughter due to our positions.

I went from flustered and embarrassed to full on laughter after another couple of seconds had passed. However, due to the angle at which I was in, I doubt Rue could see the impossibly red cheeks on Pinkie’s face. Luckily, somehow, the warmth I had seen on her face had vanished completely as she helped me up to my feet.

‘Hehe, sorry!’ She giggled, covering her mouth a little. ‘I didn’t mean to scare ya!’

‘It’s alright,’ I replied, swiping my hands across my clothes, checking for patches of dirt or re-opened tears in my hoodie from the fall. ‘Besides, I think we’re due a meeting at Twilight’s humble abode anyway.’

‘Oh cool! I wonder if--’

‘No Pinkie. No Parties. Not yet anyway.’ Rue interrupted, as she wheeled herself over to us. ‘I don’t think a “Welcome to Ponyville” party should be done just yet. I’m truly sorry, but I think we should speak with Twilight before you go planning anything.’

The flabbergasted look on Pinkie’s face was priceless. Her jaw dropping twice as far as I was expecting sold it even more, causing Rue to start giggling again. The day went on rather smoothly after this interaction, as Twilight had rushed us over by grabbing us in what I can only describe as telekinetic magic.

My anxiety rose a little, ironically as I literally rose into the air. I looked over to Rue, only to see her and her new wheelchair floating a little bit ahead of me. My features relaxed when I was put back down, while Rue continued hovering. I looked back to say goodbye to Pinkie Pie when she waved too quickly to be normal, as a “blink-and-you’ll-miss-it” after-image of her appeared before she vanished in a small cloud of dust.

That was… weird.’ I mumbled mentally, as I walked over to Rue being placed down by the entrance. ‘Thank god that’s over.

‘Welcome to my home!’ The mare claimed, twirling in a circle as I took in the breathtaking environment. ‘It’s a bit, well, crystalline, but it’s more than adequate as a temporary home for you two!’

‘This just feels so unreal!’ Rambled my girlfriend, as she ran her hand across the surface of the material. ‘It looks so sharp, but it’s surprisingly soft and gentle on touch.’

I reached over and held my hand on top of hers, unintentionally making her jump a little. As our eyes met, it took me a minute to notice an erubescent glow on both our cheeks. However, with perfect timing, a small cough stops us from feeling too awkward and we turn to see Twilight staring at the two of us. Our fingers had unintentionally intertwined, but neither of us felt like letting go in that moment.

‘Ohhh-kayy then, so who’s excited for a tour of the castle?’ She asked animatedly, but it was too late for her to realise she let slip a slight change in her voice.

Was it something we did?’ I thought, looking at our hands. ‘Or is it something in this world that just makes me want to spend more time with Rue? I’ll have to ask her later.

It wasn’t long before Rue started following Twilight around the castle, while I stayed in the lobby area. Kinda ironic, how she’s so geeky about this world, yet she’s the one getting directions between all the similar looking doorways while I’m down here in the lobby area. Or what looks like a lobby area.

‘Hello! How can I help?’

I find myself literally a few feet in the air, my anxiety going haywire for a split second, before placing my hand heavily against my chest. I took a few calming breaths, before turning towards the origin of the voice that had startled me almost into a heart attack itself.

The sight before me wasn’t just of a young boy, but the colour of his vibrant, green hair blending into a line of jutted out scales down his back spoke volumes against his mostly purple-scaled body. I was about to calm down, when I saw his wings as well. I think I caused Twilight and Rue to return in a flash of a purplish light from my reaction, and yes, I will admit, I did yell out the only words that went through my head after I noticed what he was.

My last words before I fainted? Embarrassingly, I’ll later come to regret them after fainting in front of what could be my very first friend in this world.

‘Wait… you’re… YOU’RE A DRAGON?!’