• Published 19th Aug 2020
  • 2,289 Views, 67 Comments

My Anthroponic Reincarnation Story [On Pause except for Summer] - TheOneAndOnlyRhyanSparks



Some days you're just minding your own business... Me? Well... I died. Kinda. However, instead of hoping for reincarnation, something weird and magical summoned my friend and I to another world... Full... Of... ANTHROPONIES.

  • ...
10
 67
 2,289

[5] Definitely NOT an Unexpected Arrival

I was glad enough to get permission to enter the restricted area of this supposed hospitaI I was in. I noticed the girls were all giving me cautious looks when I stood up from the hospital bed. When I took in my surroundings at the time I stood up, That was when I realised I was topless, but luckily the doctors and nurses had kept my lower clothes on.

I wasn’t ready to be, well, butt-naked in front of anyone but myself and I was grateful. The downside is that in the time I’ve been here, my stomach has turned from its usual, slightly pudgy stomach with a slightly defined six-pack, into a well-defined six-pack. And I noticed all the girls, well except Rainbow Dash, did a double take before one of them had to catch Rarity after she fainted on the spot.

Her reaction is what pursued my want to find out about Rue and so after a more formal introduction to the group of them, I finally knew all of them. In the order that we shared our names, it was Rarity, Fluttershy, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, and the last one, to my surprise was Twilight Sparkle.

After I’d asked about their appearance, Twilight immediately replied that they were a mixture of unicorns, pegasi and earth ponies. What surprised me was how they called themselves ponies, when they all looked like humans, besides their ears, tails and feet. The feet in particular, after seeing them for the first time, were the source of the constant clopping noises I was hearing.

‘Where did you say you kept Rue?’ I whispered to Twilight, after making sure that nobody was in earshot.

‘Two rooms down directly from the staircase, in the special cases area. The first room is still being decontaminated from the previous member we had in there.’ She whispered back, a weird, intense curiosity mixed with her quiet voice that I found a little bit scary.

True to her word, after being “escorted” up to the two floors above the one I’d woken up on, I was taken to the room and before my eyes, Rue was just laying there peacefully. Before I could break down into tears again, Twilight had requested that I not speak or react too emotionally in front of anyone beside her and her friends.

As was the case, I held back my emotions as I sat down by the bed, clutching her hand gently as she slumbered. Tears flowed freely as I slapped my fingers between hers. After Twilight had asked the nurses around us to leave with them, I was probably sitting there for the entire afternoon.

It wasn’t until much later when I was woken up to a ruffling of my hair. For a brief moment, I thought Rue had finally woken up too, but seeing our hands still intertwined and her looking softer and cuter than ever, I held back a strong blush I felt coming on before I looked to my left.

I was a little surprised to see Fluttershy by my side. Although, it did warm my heart a little when she jumped at my slow head turn. After her little squeal of embarrassment, she composed herself and started to rub my back, as a remnant of a few tears trailed down my face.

‘Um, you looked so peaceful when I came back here, so, um, I pulled over a chair while you were sleeping. Sorry for stroking your head, it’s a habit of mine.’ Her timid voice had an inconceivable strength to it, but was quiet and unbelievably soft and caring at the same time while I smiled back gently.

‘It’s fine.’ I replied sleepily, yawning as I finally attempted to release my grip, much to my surprise.

I say it was attempted, as I tried to release my grip as gently as possible, only for it to be resisted by her strongly interlocked fingers. Looking back at her hand, I suddenly felt a warm aura fill the room, with a weird beeping noise accompanying it, before disappearing back into a normal feeling and my hand was suddenly released from her grasp while the sound continued blaring in the background.

The surprise in my face, which I find mirrored in Fluttershy when I finally look away from Rue. The room was suddenly swarmed with at least three nurses and four doctors trying to figure out what had happened, when they saw me. Good thing we weren’t talking when they barged in.

I must have been just as weird to them as they were to me. A mixture of unicorns and earth ponies, according to what I remember Twilight described, appear and seem to be figuring out what just happened to Rue’s readings. I had no idea what the doctors were going on about, so I just sat there clueless with my heart aching for her to be okay.

Some parts I could only guess meant she was okay, but the use of other terminology flew right over my head. Words like “thaumic” and “magic” kept popping up around all of them, like it was a daily thing to worry about. I was almost about to ask what the word meant, but a strangely compelling side-stare from Fluttershy shut me up.

The strength behind the stare was incredible and I was left partially stunned by it. I couldn’t help but wonder how she’s so shy and timid, yet is able to give me a stare that nobody back on Earth could ever replicate. It’s like the stare bound chains to my limbs and strong tape across my mouth, and yet I only felt like this was just part of the strength behind it.

We sat there together, and at some point Rarity and Twilight joined us without me realising. Watching them finishing their tasks after disabling the annoying alarm, it felt kinda weird that they called the situation a false alarm. After they left, I was about to ask what that was all about, when I heard a soft moan of pain.

A weird, moving glow looked like it had started making its way around her body from under the thin sheet. The flow of the lights seemed to get the attention of the girls in the room with me. The few beads of sweat that streaked slowly across her face made me gasp, along with the girls.

‘Good heavens!’ The girl on my right exclaimed, dropping a pair of red and very stylish glasses on the floor as her eyes went wide in shock.

‘This is unprecedented! I’ve never seen a magical reaction like this before!’ Twilight stuttered, pulling out a notepad from nowhere visible on the edge of my vision.

I watched in a mixture of surprise and horror at the faint grimace on my friend’s face. In what felt like ages, but was likely just a few seconds, the glow recedes back to nothing, but I can now see a faint, almost burn like marking just below her clothing. On her neck was the beginning of a large array of what I would later find out to be a strong almost allergic reaction to the magic in the air around us.

But in the current moment, I’m definitely scared that I’ve done something to harm Rue. I hadn’t realised it until now, but while I was stuck in my thoughts once again, Fluttershy had probably sensed I was in distress and gave me what felt like a loving hug. I don’t know how, but it just felt exactly like ones I had with Rue, yet her hug felt more sincere and caring than any I’d ever felt before.

It was such a calming feeling, that I’d relaxed enough to realise I’d actually started crying again. After a while, Fluttershy guided me out of the room, ater giving my girlfriend a quick kiss on the forehead, which gave the area around her a warm feeling. Literally a warm aura filled the air around her, which felt like she was aware I was here by her side.

“Don’t worry, I will be back. Please wait for me when you wake up.” I bewailed, slowly leaving the room as the feeling of being watched followed me out of the room.

I kept quiet once again as Fluttershy guided me by her hand through what I thought was a hospital for the sick while keeping my eyes down until she dragged me outside into what looked like a large open-seated eating area.

This was followed by that feeling of being watched, but this time with a somewhat jealous feeling, as if they could sense my displeasure of finding her personality adorable and cute, making me realise what we were doing and let go of her hand. The watched feeling disappeared briefly, before returning with a familiar, warm glow. The glow got me thinking of Rue again, when I felt myself become really hungry as my eyes latched onto the smorgasbord of food being served here.

Oh my god, I feel so famished. I acknowledged, as my stomach suddenly growled loudly. The seating looked nothing like a restaurant, but bigger than a café. Probably a Diner. I added as an afterthought as Fluttershy seemingly held back a small and adorable laugh at my reaction to food. Gah, you already have Rue you nitwit, don’t overthink it! I thought, as I scolded myself for thinking these things, but she was still appearing adorable and cute.

“Oh my, you’re sounding a little hungry.” She giggled, snapping me out of my reverie and finding a quieter area for us to talk, as if there was a problem with me talking around others.

In just a few minutes, a waitress came over greeting Fluttershy in a way that resembled something like a saviour of some kind, but I couldn’t get any sense that she was anything like someone who saved people for a living.

I put this thought process on the back burner, as almost one of everything I’d taken an interest in had appeared before me. They looked so different from the meals I was beginning to remember from back in my world. I still wasn’t ready to accept this as my new norm, but the thought of it still brought a sad feeling and a tear to my eyes that Fluttershy hadn’t picked up on, but the thoughts were shoved aside when I started eating.

The dish I started with tasted so delicious, I accidentally let a habit of mine begin my “happy noises” while I ate. The first and second meals came and went as I ate down as much as I could, which seemed like a lot more than I previously remembered. Maybe the time we’d been in that forest had left me parched and fatigued without the food I was craving right now. However, this thought came with this sad feeling that matched my own, but somehow wasn’t mine yet very, very familiar.

While biting into my third dish, making Fluttershy giggle while she waved at some people, sorry, ponies passing by, that’s when the eyes felt like they were prodding at me for attention. I decided to let the eyes prod me a little too hard and that was when I made a startling discovery. Well, that’s what it felt like.

I realised the watching feeling was beginning to fade, while it gave a feeling that it wanted me to follow. I could sense it’s whereabouts as being somewhere from a table’s length or two away from me as if there was someone standing there. I looked at the spot, but even though I could sense it, I couldn’t see it.

Then I realised something extremely familiar with the watching eyes that kicked me into the next century for being so oblivious to the person watching. I turned to Fluttershy abruptly as I gulped down the mouthful I’d stopped eating in a rush. I reminded myself to apologise to her later, as I grabbed her wrist and ran back into the building we’d left from.

I didn’t pay attention to the large sign as the same alarm rang out in the reception the moment I stepped through the doors.

“What’s wrong?” I heard from the girl, who’s now beside me, her hand had slipped into mine.

I watched as realisation appeared on her face as we jogged quickly through the building towards Rue’s room. I only had five words for her:

“I think Rue’s waking up!”