• Published 19th Aug 2020
  • 2,292 Views, 67 Comments

My Anthroponic Reincarnation Story [On Pause except for Summer] - TheOneAndOnlyRhyanSparks



Some days you're just minding your own business... Me? Well... I died. Kinda. However, instead of hoping for reincarnation, something weird and magical summoned my friend and I to another world... Full... Of... ANTHROPONIES.

  • ...
10
 67
 2,292

[4] Definitely NOT panicking like crazy!

I don't know how long I had been out for, but I was definitely in a lot of pain. Not that my physical body actually hurt, but that my mind hurt. There was a soft ringing in my ears, leading to almost no sound in my left and a quiet but faint beeping in my right. My body aches like hell and I had very incoherent thoughts passing through my head as I felt woozy and a bit dreamy as a light probed through my eyelids.

The soft voices of some others talking among themselves drifted into the room, slowly getting louder and clearer. Either the ringing is going down, or they're actually coming closer to wherever I am. I attempt to keep my eyes closed so they think I'm still unconscious.

'--ank you so much for bringing them in two days ago girls,' A woman says as I hear a slight squeal of a wheel by whatever bed I'm on. 'I don't quite know how it came to be almost comatose in the clearing from the Everfree Forest, but I'm glad the two you found are safe.'

'Thank you, Nurse Roseheart.' A soft voice says, from somewhere near the end of what I'm assuming is now a hospital bed. 'I hope they come around soon.' Another voice pipes up, with a stronger, more elegant tone to it.

'I'm glad that you kept us informed of their recovery, Darling. I'm just glad they weren't attacked by the Timberwolves.'

'Timberwolves? Wait, those were Timberwolves?!' I found myself thinking, as I felt my head clearing a little. ‘So it wasn’t just a really bad dream of Rue and I.’

After a few minutes of soft chatter with the nurse, the sound of what sounded like thick high heels appeared to call the nurse away.

The shock of being unconscious for the past two days and the relief of Ruebys being safe left me feeling conflicted between fear and relief. Unfortunately for me, my emotional confusion is the least of my problems when whatever device I'm hooked up to read out a blip in my heartbeat as it somehow blipped in sync with.

An audible and very cute 'EEP!' noise appears from the other end of the room I'm in, as the sound echoes a little. The voice of the other person let out an audible 'Oh my!' just before the same sound from earlier of heavy high heels ran out of the room along with the sense of panic I got from her.

'Oh dear,' The soft spoken girl speaks loudly, before I hear her talking to someone who I can't seem to sense. 'Rupert, can you go and tell my friends that something happened, okay?' A bird chirped from where I’m guessing is an open window. ‘Thank you, I’ll make sure to give you some extra seed for lunch tomorrow.’

The happy chirping of a bird faded as it flew away from the window, as if it was in fact responding to the girl's voice. It hadn't been even a minute before the other girl came back in with another set of the weird high heel noises.

'I know he's been out cold for the past few days, but something simply changed right after you left the room!' The lady steps closer to the machine, I'm assuming to check on some of the readings.

'Well it looks like whatever that spike in his heart rate was seems to match some of the other readings I'm seeing in other patients.' A brief moment passes before she continues, slightly agitated this time. 'It means it's a sure sign that he's either waking or has already woken up.'

The sound of the two girls suddenly understanding with a synchronised, soft and poshly accented 'Ohhhhh, okay' brought me a bit of interna joy. That didn't last very long though, as whatever they have to detect my condition without wires raises the suspicions of this "Nurse Roseheart" I keep hearing once again.

'Well I don't believe it.' The nurse says after a minute of unexpected silence, right before I feel the strong, lingering looks from the three of them gazing right at me.

'This feels a little awkward.' I thought as I slowly sat up.

Rubbing my eyes, my eyesight goes from blinding and out of focus to normal but barely focused, like when you put on a pair of reading glasses by accident, giving me a slight headache in the process. Grabbing my head from the sudden headache, I hear a rush of movement right before I feel two very soft pairs of hands grab on to me to prevent me from hitting my head.

‘Good heavens darling! Take it easy. You’ve been out for over two days already!’

I finally decided to take note of that and continued to clutch my head, even though most of the lightheadedness has gone. Looking up slowly, I noticed the nurse had left as the door to the room slowly closed, while two very well shaped girls stood on either side of me. What baffles me is how these girls have different coloured skin. And that isn’t the freakiest thing either.

Before my headache became a dull throb, the nurse who I assume is Nurse Roseheart walks over with a cup of water. But the cup was not in her hands; surrounded by a soft aura, it just floated in midair. I stared blankly at the floating object, when I felt a hand pat my back then rub it in slow and soft circles.

'Its okay, there's no need to worry.' The pink-haired, yellow skinned girl said, her gentle voice with a very calming tone to it. 'There's nothing to be afraid of.'

I don't know how she knew to rub my back, but it helped enough for me to shakily reach out for the floating cup and grab it. That was when I noticed a few things; Fluttershy had a pair of wings, each wing just a little bit longer than her own arms … and that I really needed a drink of water. Taking a few long swigs from the cup, I basically empty it in no time at all, surprising all three of them.

The looks on their faces changed to more genuine shock and surprise when my raspy and dry voice uttered the words: 'Thanks, have you got any more?'.

'EEP! Oh my!' Came from Fluttershy, who hid behind the purple haired and literally white skinned girl. I quickly noticed that their ears aren't at all human-like, but more animal-like, as the white girls point up just like a friend’s cat does. The other girl’s ears lay backwards and flat across her head in a fairly shocked or frightened position, at least I thought they looked like that.

‘Good heavens!’ Cried the white one, who’s name I haven’t actually caught yet. ‘You can talk?!’

‘Um, yeah?’ I replied back, my throat feeling sore while I spoke. ‘I’ve always been able to talk.’
I wondered if Fluttershy was just her nickname, but I quickly realised that that might not be the case when she spoke up.

‘Um, hi. I’m... fluttershy…’ Her timid behaviour just made me soften my gaze at how cute she was, right before I remembered that I have Rue. But I could barely hear what her name was.

‘What was that? I didn’t quite catch your name.’ I already knew her name, but with this reaction, I couldn’t fully understand why she was being so shy. That’s when the pun literally hit me.

‘...I’mfluttershy…’

She just hides further behind the white lady, when I watch her hand like it’s suddenly out of focus as she gently holds her exposed arm. It took a little while, but that was when I noticed that her white arms aren’t actually skin. There’s somehow a soft layer of fur that seemed to be coating their entire bodies.

Having my thoughts annoyingly stray into ‘those’ kinds of thoughts, I quickly block the blush growing on my cheeks as I watch Fluttershy slowly come back out of hiding.

‘Fluttershy, darling. I’ll take it from here.’ The slightly pleading but kind look on Shy’s face further pushes the lady’s resolve.

‘... okay.’

‘Hello. Awfully sorry to see her like this. She’s not been like this since Twilight Sparkle showed up two years ago.’ She spoke, after stepping forward towards me during a brief pause. ‘And my name is Rarity.’

‘Who is Twilight Sparkle?’ I thought, as I reached for her hand that was already reaching out.

‘Nice to meet you Rarity. I’m Calvin, but my friends call me Cal.’

The look of surprise on her face, likely at the fact I said my name, also slightly brought out Fluttershy from behind her. But before anything else could happen, a blur of colours blasts into the room followed by a few other girls.

The one thing I noticed about this girl from the others was how her skin, sorry, her fur tone was a brilliant, vivid sky blue and her hair was shaded perfectly between five different colours, as if picked from a Rainbow.

‘What are you and why is Fluttershy so afraid of you?!’ She exclaimed loudly into my face.

Rainbow Dash!’ Spoke the blonde one angrily, in a thick country drawl.

‘How rude! Fluttershy is fine, darling. See? She’s right here.’ Added Rarity, flicking her hair with her hand while glaring at Rainbow Dash.

‘Sorry about that, young fella.’ The blonde said after telling Dash off for a good minute not to consistently barge into a room looking for danger.

‘No worries.’ I replied. ‘Imagine having hair that matched your own name. I add as an afterthought nonchalantly, but I feel myself slowly growing with anxiety on the inside at my current situation.

Hearing me talk back was probably a bit of a shocker to them, slightly excluding Rarity and Fluttershy who still reacted, but not as much. After the awkward but amusing scene of events passed, my eyes widened in fear as I clutched my head, not in pain, but out of a sudden explosion of anxiety.

The first to notice this was the most normal looking blonde girl, who’s name I haven’t learnt yet, followed by Rarity, the girl with the child-sized lizard, then the rest of them together.

‘No.. nonononono…’

I barely paid attention to the room immediately going quiet at my emtional outburst.

‘Darling? What’s wrong?’

I couldn’t focus, my mind was racing, until a strange light started appearing around my vision. I immediately recognised what I was feeling as a panic attack. I’ve had them before, but not to this extent. My senses started going haywire as I could only think of nothing.

‘--urse! We need a n--’

A brief lapse in my hearing begins as I find myself freaking out over the thought of my friends, my family and most importantly, Rue, curling up into a ball in this senseless void of nothing.

I don’t even realise my body feels like it’s back in that void-like place, as i’m crying into a floating fetal position, as I hear faint and very muffled voices from somewhere beyond this vast void ocean before they cut off entirely.

Things feel hopeless, until a warm flash of a purple-ish white glow appears close to me, with a smaller, silverish light beside it. As they were both present, I could somewhat make out snippets of sentences; ‘--u’ll be okay, just hang in th--’ followed by ‘--It’s been ov--...--inutes and he’s really strugg--’ before they cuts off again and the light dimmed a little.

After what felt like an extremely anxious length of time, with this ever present purple light in the dark, the sound of shock and surprise makes its way into this senseless void as something warm and strangely soft seems to emit a very strong compassion and caring aura that I begin to feel myself calming down and feel like I’m slowly but surely being placed on a bed, even though I’ve been curled up for ages..

‘--ood heavens! What manner of creatures is that?!’ A new voice exclaimed as the thick, furry softness enveloped me, while I could also feel a wooden-like firmness underneath the fur itself.

‘It must be a new kind of animal.’ I open my eyes to find a small pup huddled in my lap with a thin, soft white mane of fur around its neck. ‘I’ve got to take some notes on this.’

As she started rambling, I looked up and noticed a small and weirdly coloured bipedal dragon, about the height of my chest if I was to stand up. I started unconsciously moving my hand as I watched him pull out a quill and a long roll of paper to take down what she was saying.

Looking back down and tuning her voice out as she walked around me, I felt this almost overwhelming bond with the creature, to the point that I could feel its thoughts, emotions and what race it was.I had no idea what this weird feeling was, but in the midst of feeling distressed, a probing thought pushed its way into my head with the feeling of a weird, motherly hug from in my weird, void-like mindspace.

So, you cute thing, I think you’re called Euris, and I get the feeling you’re an Everwolf. I thought to myself, as a barely noticeable flash of white appeared around its neck followed by a weird but plain-looking collar that wasn’t there before.

Even though its soul had the same familiar feel it had back in the forest, as a small, living wood creature, the now more biologically correct appearance of a snowy coloured wolf. The wispy, purple glowing eyes had this strength and playfulness, but also caring and sibling-level compassion to them that calmed me down as I stroked its mane.

I felt something else from somewhere nearby, but didn’t really know how I could feel, or sense it. It was a lot stronger than it was previously, but also shared the same feeling that I think knocked me unconscious. Thinking about this lead to the Everwolf on my lap to yip twice and wag its tail, getting the attention of all the girls before jumping off and diving to the floor feet first. I couldn’t quite see what happened, but a visible flash of silver left all their eyes going wide in various ways. From Rainbow's amazement through to curiosity from Fluttershy and the smart looking girl.

I will say one thing, I thought to myself as I watch their reactions.

It would be a shame if this was all just a dream.