• Published 19th Aug 2020
  • 2,288 Views, 67 Comments

My Anthroponic Reincarnation Story [On Pause except for Summer] - TheOneAndOnlyRhyanSparks



Some days you're just minding your own business... Me? Well... I died. Kinda. However, instead of hoping for reincarnation, something weird and magical summoned my friend and I to another world... Full... Of... ANTHROPONIES.

  • ...
10
 67
 2,288

[1] Definitely NOT a Backstory

Most days I just wanted to be left alone. Others? I didn't mind having a little fun with my few friends. Honestly, we grouped together as we were all being bullied. Chances of us being bullied together were slim than they are when we're alone. That, I'm grateful for.

Following my life at school, I was okay to some extent when it came to sociability. My friends and I loved it when most of us got a space at our respected colleges and in our same schedule sixth form subjects. From creative writing to media and games, we enjoyed it all. Shame we were often called nerds and geeks for our innate ability to talk in terms nobody else knew. We kinda separated for a year or so after we finished, but our bonds just brought us back together and we began to flourish as a group of kids again, but this time as teens and young adults.

Rushing through the boring parts of my life and the time I was in hospital after a not-so-severe but very painful ski trip accident, my life was fairly okay, if not for constant family bickering that always seems to end up being aimed at me.

'Cal, dinner is downstairs, can you come down please! It's your favourite! I'll feed it to Molly if you're not down here soon!'

There's my eldest sister. Ariana. She's nineteen. Molly, the youngest, is only eight. I'm Calvin, Calvin Pelton to be exact, or Cal to my family and friends. I'm also soon going to be twenty one and yet I'm still living at home!

I'm technically an only child, as both my sisters were actually adopted. Without going into too much detail, that always grossed me out, after my parents realised something had "changed" to prevent me from having more siblings. Hence why my parents chose two siblings who got adopted four years ago.

'COMING! Sorry lads, gotta dash.'

'aww man...'

'Rip you, dude!'

'Haha, bad luck!'

'..., and we just got into a game too! Damn you and your family routine Cal!'

That got a wholehearted but disappointing laugh out of me.

'I won't be on for any more tonight, you guys ready for our school trip on Tuesday?'

'You betcha!'

'cant wait!'

'I'm ready and I'm bringing my Switch!'

'Yeah! Wait your wha-?'

'Yup! I've already got my stuff sorted! Dan, did you even read the rules?'

'Bruh, I'm streaming!'

'Haha, that's great you guys! I'll be ba-'

Another yell flows up the stairs to my bedroom as I'm trying to say goodbye to them.

'Now Cal! It's getting cold and Molly might start eating it!'

'yeah, gotta dash! See you all tomorrow!'

That earned a long laugh before I shut the game down, then left the group voice chat. The six of us, well, we're a new eSports group called the "GarlicGHunters", because our entry video somehow involved a lot of garlic and a cartoon videogame that abused the player with garlic based attacks while saving the friendly vampires and really bad garlic jokes whenever we found a secret. Not one of our best moments in my opinion, but Jordan was skilled enough to make the game corny like that.

Anyway, our group consists of 6 members. A girl I once had a crush on called Rebecca who I've never had the courage of asking out, but I somehow figured out she had a crush on me without her knowing and it lead to us dating three months later, after she asked me out. Weird but true. Lucky me! Then there's my oldest friend Daniel, along with another girl called Ruebys who makes Minecraft videos and videogame lets plays on our amateur team website.

Then there's Lucas who is the teams leading secrets and Easter egg hunter and finally Jordan our local vehicle engineer and main game and website programmer. Yeah, he runs our site since we got noticed in our first win streak during some unpaid tournaments. Dan was also a small streamer with only a few people watching his streams when he joined us, so he's our go to guy for social updates and game information. We always joined him to help grow his target audiences. Overall, we've been together for the good part of almost five years now.

Anyway, snapping back to the meal from my internal monologue, dinner flies past with new, irritating and annoying dad jokes from my father and funny moments from while my mother and Ariana were out shopping. I find myself slowly packing up the essentials for my academy trip while Molly, who's very young, innocent and hyperactive, is in her vividly coloured bedroom listening to very squeaky voices on her small television while I hear the undeniable clang of spoon on bowl. Yeah, somehow my dad did something at his job and got this guy fired for not only belittling a disabled team member who'd been employed for longer than him but also for solving a crisis that almost put them out of business and got a marginal but noticeable pay rise to his promotion to co-manager of his department.

As I'm in the middle of writing a report for one of my chosen subjects on my academy course, I notice how my younger sister loves this show to the extent of watching it over and over, just like some others I regretfully watched with her and enjoyed, but the one she's watching is one I'd never heard the name of nor have I ever watched it before. It was just too childish for me.

Seeing a text on my phone, it turns out the trip was reorganised due to conflicting arrivals with another academy. I hurriedly rush downstairs to inform my parents of the news.

'Uh, mum, dad, I just got a text from Daventale Academy.'

The looks of surprise on their faces made me chuckle. My mother was the first to break the sudden silence while reaching for her phone as well.

'Oh! Well, what does it say?'

'It says "Due to unforseen circumstances, the pre-summer trip has been refunded and reallocated to begin on this coming week, not the week after." but the trip was supposed to give us time to get everything we needed and I'm still only half done with the list of necessities.'

Ari reaches over to read the text. Something seemed to click in her head that I didn't see and she just guzzles her food down and, as my plate is empty just like hers suddenly was, she drags me into my bedroom much to my embarrassment to my parents.

We've strangely had a really good sibling relationship and I've never made much of a fuss about it, but she still gets on my nerves when it gets to the point of my feeling embarrassed in front of my parents.

Over the next few days, my sister helps me with the things I'm missing, with obvious "why do I need these? Or those?" questions as she reads through my printed list. On the day of the trip, I meet with my group of friends and somehow, through word of mouth, my sister has managed to group us together at the back of the bus.

Imagine my surprise when it turns out her cousin, my step-cousin, was the daughter of the academy's headmaster, but is attending a different school to mine.

It's a small world, huh? I thought silently, as we strategized our week of summer activities around our custom dungeons and dragons game we had brought with us.

As we play a test game on the highway, with a temporary table made with legs and armrests, I'm hit with a throw of the twenty-sided die that forces my spell to cast a storm over my head and right as the number had landed, a flash of extremely bright light filled the bus followed by the immediate booming crack of thunder, making the pieces all scatter across the floor as we jumped along with the multitude of surprised voices filled the bus.

Tidying up the pieces and putting it away for later, it turns out this trip isn't going to be as sunny or as warm as we thought. Some nagging feeling in me, and somehow in Rue as well, causes us to suddenly start becoming erubescent whenever our eyes keep meeting during the rest of the trip. That's when we notice that two or so of the bullies, who have somehow been on a course that ties in with ours, are sitting ahead of us with deep glares.

After mentioning it to the rest of the group, we all audibly moan in frustration right before I noticed a missing piece of our game seems like it's just vanished from view.

For some reason the missing piece felt like it had literally disappeared, even though we'd cordoned off the floor below us with a bag to stop any from rolling away.

The strange thing about this piece? Well, without knowing it, it was also tied to my fate and what lay ahead for me.

And I hope it'll at least show up soon, when I need it most.