• Published 21st Jun 2021
  • 4,461 Views, 1,336 Comments

Cinematic Adventures: Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strike Back - extremeenigma02



Three years after the Battle of Yavin, the Mane Six and Storm Shield are back again to help the rebellion and to find Sunset Shimmer. However, the Empire has the means of gaining the upper hand. Will they succeed or will the Empire prove dominance?

  • ...
12
 1,336
 4,461

Jedi Training

The Imperial fleet moves through the asteroid-filled void, intently seeking its prey. After the battle of Hoth, that had taken command of the rebel base and killed many of the scum littering the planet. However, a few of their targets managed to escape into the recesses of space. Asteroids collide, creating a fireworks display outside the bridge window of Darth Vader’s Star Destroyer. Darth Vader and Darth Seraphina both stand, staring out the window above the control deck. Slowly they turn toward the bridge.

Before them are the hologram images of twenty battleship commanders. One of these images, the commander of a ship that has just exploded, faded away quickly. Another image, in the center and a little apart from the others, faded and was continually disrupted by static. The image of Captain Needa, commander of the Star Destroyer mostly hotly on the tail of the Millennium Falcon. Admiral Piette and an aide stand behind the Dark Lords.

“… And that, Lord Vader, was the last time they appeared in any of our scopes,” Needa informed, through the hologram. “Considering the among of damage we’ve sustained they must have been destroyed.

“No Captain, they’re alive,” Vader insisted. “I want every ship available to sweep the asteroid field until they are found.”

“I do not care how ships must be spared or how many men you lose,” Seraphina growled. “I want Twilight Sparkle and those rebel scum found immediately!”

The Imperial star captains fade out one by one as Vader faced Admiral Piett.

“Lord Vader,” Piett spoke.

“Yes, Admiral, what is it?” Vader asked, impatiently.

The admiral was scared, his face white as a sheet.

“The Emperor commands you make contact with him,” Piett spoke meekly.

“Move the ship out of the asteroid field so that we can send a clear transmission,” Vader demanded.

“Yes, my lord,” Piett bowed.

Vader turned his attention to Seraphina shortly after.

“We best not keep our master waiting,” He said.

“Lead the way,” Seraphina responded.

<>

Vader’s Imperial Star Destroyer moved against the vast sea of stars away from the rest of the fleet. Vader entered his personal chambers followed closely by Seraphina. Both Sith Lords made their way to the center of the room where Vader and Seraphina knelt onto a strange device. A strong sound entered the room, as a light began to pan across Vader’s black figure. A twelve-foot hologram of the Emperor Palpatine materialized before the two Sith.

“What is thy bidding, my master?” Vader asked.

“There is a great disturbance in the Force,” The Emperor informed.

“I have felt it.”

“I can feel it coursing through my very veins master,” Seraphina added.

“We have a new enemy,” The Emperor informed. “Luke Skywalker.”

“Yes, my master,” Vader confirmed.

“He could destroy us.”

“He certainly possesses great skills my master,” Seraphina agreed. “Though I hardly qualify him as a ‘threat’.”

“He’s just a boy,” Vader added. “Obi-Wan can no longer help him.”

“The Force is strong with him,” The Emperor reminded. “The son of Skywalker must not become a Jedi.”

“May I suggest something other than killing him,” Seraphina requested.

“You may…” The Emperor approved.

“What if we could sway him to our side? Add a new name amongst the Sith?”

“If he could be turned, he would become a powerful ally,” Vader added.

“Yes… yes…” The Emperor nodded. “He would be a great asset. Can it be done?”

“Whether be by his own will or through the force, we can assure his cooperation one way or another,” Seraphina spoke.

“He will join us or die, my master,” Vader concluded.

Palpatine bowed his head slightly before his image slowly faded away. Rising back to their feet, Seraphina and Vader both faced each other with the same intention in mind.

“Gather your followers and converge with me on the main deck,” Vader ordered. “It is time we take the fight to the rebels through an entirely new approach.”

Seraphina gave no response, but merely nodded. Vader slowly made his way from the room, leaving Seraphina along for the time being. Before she left, she took a moment to assort through the myriad of thoughts coursing through her mind. So close she had been today to ending the miserable existence of Twilight Sparkle. Had it not been for that traitorous ‘Galen Marek’, she’d have landed the killing blow and her revenge would finally be complete. She now wished she had run straight through him with her lightsaber and finished him off when she had the chance.

Then another thought swept through her head, something completely bewildering to her. A thought of how when she finally saw him again, she remembers how much she… missed him.

Why am I thinking that?” Seraphina thought to herself. “He’s a traitor; a plague on the whole galaxy. Why should I miss him dearly? Wishing to be held in his arms again… to be—ENOUGH!!!

She shook her head angrily, tossing those thoughts away. She hoped they had died long ago when she casted her former self aside and became who she was today. Perhaps a hint of who she once was still lingered on… but how?

<>

Deep within the confines of her psyche, Sunset was more at odds with herself than ever. As she continued to follow Vitiate through the dark chasm leading to Celestia knows where. She couldn’t stop thinking over what she’s seen so far. Everything she had learned from Master Satele rang in her ears, but so too did Vitiate’s. She knew the Sith were a corrupt system of fanatics that followed a set of unrealistic morals, but so too did the Jedi. Even their separate codes ran through her head sounding so familiar yet different from one another.

Emotion, yet peace.
Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet the Force

Peace is a lie, there is only a passion.
Through passion, strength.
Through strength, knowledge.
Through knowledge, victory.
Through victory, our chains are broken.
The force shall free us.

“We are here…”

Hearing Vitiate’s voice cut through Sunset’s thoughts, the young teen looked up and saw that she and the immortal emperor now stood in the completely reassembled chamber of the Dark Council. Once again, the images before her were completely frozen. She saw an assortment of different Sith Lords sitting at their seats that governed one of the pyramids of power in the order.

“Behold… my Dark Council,” Vitiate gestured. “Once they served as my body, voice, and mind. Now the seats of power are filled with corrupt politicians and their twisted ideals. Not unlike those of the Jedi Council.”

“However that may be, I believe the Jedi do what they must to ensure everlasting peace in the galaxy,” Sunset countered. “Unlike the Sith, who wish only for chaos and control of the galaxy.”

Vitiate chuckled, hearing the girl utter such words to him. Oh, how little of the world she truly knew.

“You still cling to the belief the galaxy is simply divided between light and dark. What you fail to realize is there’s truly no ‘good’ and ‘evil’ contained within existence. In the end, all that remains is power and those brave enough to seek it.”

Sunset’s eyes widened as she looked toward the immortal Sith. Those were practically similar to the ones she heard Lord Voldemort speak all that time ago at Hogwarts. Sunset quickly regained ahold of reality, returning to the matter at hand.

“The Jedi do good things while the Sith mainly do the bad,” Sunset countered. “You can’t tell me that doesn’t showcase good and evil.”

“Poor foolish child,” Vitiate chuckled. “You pass judgment on deeds you deem appalling without even contemplating if the end justifies the means. The galaxy is filled with deception and lies. Does that not make all life in the galaxy dark?”

Vitiate gestured once more to his Dark Council.

“I formed the council to uphold the principles and standards of the Sith Order. As time passed, many members were destroyed through greed and ambition till the Council was as corrupt as the dark side itself.”

Vitiate then made his way to the center of the chamber, standing at the precipice of his power.

“You destroyed many lives with such twisted, dark power,” Sunset spoke up. “You claim there’s no light and dark, but you sought to destroy every living thing within the universe so long ago.”

“You discern only a fraction of the reality my dear,” Vitiate responded. “Beyond the stars lay other galaxies, other worlds, other beings. I sought only to explore or ignore them as I saw fit. To spend an eternity becoming everything from a farmer, an artist, a simple man. Then when the last living thing in the universe dies, I would enjoy peace as I wait for the cycle to begin again.”

Sunset slowly walked toward the middle of the chamber. Looking amongst the frozen hall, she could feel immense power calling to her.

“I can show you the means to explore infinite worlds, along with the knowledge and ability to shape your destiny into any image,” Vitiate tempted. “All you must do is allow yourself to embrace the truth. Accept that the reality of the world goes far beyond light and dark.”

Sunset looks down for a moment, contemplating the former emperor’s words. It was tempting to say the least to be able to travel between infinite realms and be whatever she wanted to be.

“That… does sound like a great idea,” She said.

Unbeknownst to Vitiate, Sunset slowly reached behind her back and grabbed the hilt of her lightsaber.

“There’s just one problem… I’m not buying it!”

She quickly ignited the blade and swung but Vitiate disappeared in a cloud of black smoke. His sick, twisted laughter echoed off the walls of the chamber as he reappeared behind Sunset. The girl quickly turned, ready to fight.

“You truly believe you can stop me?” Vitiate mocked. “My life spans millennia. Legions have risen to test me; what makes you any different?”

Though Sunset was certainly scared, she refused to back down. No more games, no more tricks, and no more lies. It was time for her to step up and fight for her freedom. For she can feel that time was not on her side.

<>

A heavy downpour of rain pounded through the gnarled trees. A strange baroque mud house sat along a moss-covered knoll on the edge of a small lagoon. The small, gnomish structure radiated a warm glow from its thick glass windows. As rain tap-danced a merry tune on R2’s head, the stubby little droid rose up on his tip toes to peek through one of the glowing portals.

R2, peeking in the window, cold see the inside of the house: Very plain, but a cozy dwelling. Everything was small in scale as the creature itself. The only thing out of place in the miniature room were Luke and the Equestrian Heroes, whose height makes the four-foot ceiling seem even lower. Most of the group practically sat cross-legged on the living room floor, praying their legs won’t fall asleep. A good thing for Spike being small enough so the space did not bother him so, even though he mostly sat on Storm’s lap.

Yoda, in an adjoining area (his little kitchen), cooked up an incredible meal. The stove was a steaming hodgepodge of pots and pans. The wizened little host scurried about chopping this, shredding that, and showering everything with exotic herbs and spices. He rushed back and forth putting platters on the table before Luke, who watched the creature impatiently. The girls looked toward their bowls but due to being uncertain as to whether they could eat the food, they just looked at their bowls curiously.

“Not eating, are you?” Yoda inquired curiously.

“I’m sure it’s rather delicious,” Rarity assured, kindly. “But we did have a big meal before we left Hoth.”

“I just don’t understand why we can’t see Yoda now,” Luke whined.

“Patience!” Yoda advised. “For the Jedi, it is time to eat as well. Eat, eat. Hot. Good food, hm? Good, hmm?”

Moving with some difficulty in the cramped quarters, Luke sat down near the fire and served himself from the pot. Tasting the unfamiliar concoction he was pleasantly surprised. Meanwhile, Pinkie Pie eyed the creature with a look of curiosity.

“You know, I can’t help but feel there’s something very familiar about you,” Pinkie inquired curiously. “You wouldn’t happen to be related to this cute, furry little blue monster who’s multi-talented, takes up many different occupations, and loves helping people but turns out to be very bad at it? I only ask because you have this very distinctive vocal patter that’s practically similar.”

“Familiar, heard not,” The creature smiled. “A very charming fellow, I believe. Hmm?”

“Hee-hee, yeah… I guess you’re right,” Pinkie smiled.

“Pinkie Pie, who’re you talking about?” Spike asked.

“Nobody important.”

“How far away is Yoda?” Luke asked curiously. “Will it take us long to get there?”

“Well—” Fluttershy began innocently.

“Mm-mmm…” Storm shook.

“Not far…” Yoda replied. “Yoda not far. Patience. Soon you will be with him.”

Deciding not to question any further, Fluttershy decided to taste the stew the creature prepared. Her eyes widen as she realizes that the dish actually tastes good. Though a bit of a mushy mess, there was a mouthful of vegetables with each bite along with all the spices.

“Say… this is actually very good,” Fluttershy smiled. “What do you call this stew?”

“Root leaf, I cook,” Yoda replied. “Why wish you become Jedi? Hm?”

“Because being a Jedi with our own lightsabers actually sounds pretty awesome,” Rainbow Dash smirked. “We’d have more action than even Twilight’s own guards at her castle.”

“Rainbow, I don’t have guards at my castle,” Twilight frowned.

“Exactly!”

“It would help tah keep from runnin’ around like chickens with their heads off,” Applejack admitted, honestly.

Fluttershy’s eyes widened at the very mention of those words. Applejack’s cheeks blushed, as she folded her Stetson hat over her eyes.

“Not that we actually do nothin’ to the chickens…”

“You know, Luke actually wants to be a Jedi himself,” Storm Shield spoke up, changing the subject.

“Mostly because of my father,” Luke admitted.

“Ah, your father,” The creature nodded. “Powerful Jedi was he, powerful Jedi, mmm.”

“Well, that’s the story we heard,” Twilight shrugged. “Otherwise, we really don’t know anything more about him.”

You have no idea…” Storm thought, to himself.

“Oh, come on!” Luke snapped angrily. “How could you know my father? You don’t even know who I am.”

“Luke, calm down!” Storm spoke aloud. “We’re just sharing a polite conversation with our ‘host’, who’s agreed to let us stay here.”

“I don’t even know what I’m doing here!” Luke complained. “We’re wasting our time!”

“C’mon Luke!” Pinkie begged. “You’re starting to act like a real party pooper!”

“Yeah… besides I thought Twilight was going to snap before you did,” Rainbow added.

“What is that supposed to mean?!” Twilight frowned.

The Jedi Master turned away from Luke, as Storm turned toward the little creature.

“I’m sorry about Luke,” Storm assured. “He didn’t mean it…”

“I cannot teach him,” He spoke, irritated. “The boy has no patience.”

Luke’s head spun in the direction of the creature’s face, to see whose the third party he’s speaking to. But for some strange reason, there’s no one there. To say the boy was bewildered was an understatement. But gradually, it dawned on him that the little creature was Yoda, the Jedi Master, and that he is speaking to a very familiar voice.

He will learn patience,” Ben’s voice spoke.

Hearing Ben Kenobi’s voice, the Equestrian Heroes looked around, but they couldn’t see him.

“Hmmm…” Yoda pondered. “Much anger in him, like his father.”

Was I any different when you taught me?

“Hah… he is not ready.”

“Yoda!” Luke realized, facing the group.

“Surprise…” Storm replied, meekly.

Shocked, Luke turned to the other girls and Spike who faced the young teen rather sheepishly.

“You knew… you knew it was him all along?” Luke confronted.

“Yeah… sorry,” Twilight apologized. “We were going to say something, but… we didn’t know when it was the right time.”

“We weren’t sure if you were ready,” Fluttershy added. “Please don’t be mad…”

“But I am ready!” Luek insisted. “I… Ben! I can be a Jedi. Ben, tell him I’m ready.”

Trying to see Ben, Luke got up only to hit his head on the low ceiling. Storm, getting up slowly, approached Luke.

“He can hear you Luke,” Storm assured. “But it’s not entirely Ben’s call right now.”

“C’mon Storm,” Rainbow spoke up. “If the kid says he’s ready, then so are we! We’ve battled many monsters and we won every time. Heck, it’s about time ‘we’ became Jedi as much as Luke should.”

“Easy Rainbow…” Applejack advised.

A grunt made the group turn their attention back toward Master Yoda, who eyed the group with more wisdom than his previous personality.

“Ready, are you?” Yoda asked. “What know you of ready? For eight hundred years have I trained Jedi. My own counsel will I keep on who is to be trained! A Jedi must have the deepest commitment, the most serious mind.”

“Well, Twilight over here always keeps to her books and stubbornly sticks to her tasks no matter what she has to do,” Spike joked.

“Oh, ha-ha-ha…” Twilight laughed sarcastically.

Yoda turns to the Invisible Ben, indicating Luke.

“This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away… to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. Hmm? What he was doing. Hmph. Adventure. Heh! Excitement. Heh!”

“What’s wrong with a little adventure and excitement?” Rainbow asked.

“A Jedi craves not these things,” Yoda turned to Rainbow. “Like the boy… you are reckless!”

Rainbow’s face stared blankly; one eye started to twitch rapidly. She tried to keep her cool with a shrug.

“Well, you don’t have to be so blunt about it,” Rainbow huffed.

Luke, on the other hand, looked down. He knew for a fact this was true.

“So were Master Kenobi and I,” Storm pointed out. “Even I wasn’t the perfect student, if you remember.”

“He is too old,” Yoda stated. “Yes, too old to begin the training.”

“Well, it’s not like he’s a teenage boy having the worst sweet sixteen of his life,” Pinkie Pie replied. “He’s probably a year or two towards his thirties… oh wait, that’s his actor!”

While Pinkie rambled, Luke detected a subtle softness in Yoda’s voice.

“But I’ve learned so much,” Luke insisted. “We all have.”

“Master Yoda, I know my friends and I are the last people you’d expect to be Jedis,” Twilight began. “We’re not expected to be perfect as Storm for example.”

“That’s kind of stretching it a bit…” Storm spoke up.

“But we’ve come all this way for help because we’re tired of running from the Empire. For whatever, we’re having trouble accessing our own gifts we had before, and we really need a means to become stronger. And there’s this friend of ours, I can’t shake the feeling that she’s out there… she’s all alone and… I really want to help her. Even if it means going back myself to atone for my mistakes.”

“Twilight…” Spike spoke up.

“A fact I know far too well…”

Suddenly, a new voice spoke up and caused the group to lift their heads with surprise. They turned toward the doorway to Yoda’s house only to find… a human man standing before them. A man with red hair, green eyes, and light skin tone. And judging by the way he was dressed; he looked the part of a Jedi Knight himself.

“How long have you been standing—” Rarity began.

“The whole time,” He replied, facing Twilight. “You know… I’ve been alone for… a while now. Like some of you, I too was without any… ‘purpose’. All my life, I’d been in hiding from the Empire. But that is no way to live. Not for a Jedi… or a droid.”

He turned toward R2-D2, who beeped out from the open window. He then turned back toward the group.

“I remember what Cera Junda told me a long time ago,” The man recalled. “And there comes a time to say when we’re done hiding. Wouldn’t you agree… Storm Shield?”

The man and the others turned toward Storm, who looked as if he were seeing a ghost.

“Yes… very wise words indeed,” Storm replied. “She was a good teacher… Cal.”

This left the group quite surprised.

“You know him?” Luke asked.

“Oh, of course, where are my manners?” Storm realized. “This is Cal Kestis, one of the few Jedi who survived the purge that destroyed the Jedi Order. Didn’t expect to run into you here.”

“Let’s say I had a feeling that I needed to be here,” Cal replied. “And I had to see if your new friends can be trained, if the master permits it so.”

Yoda turned his piercing gaze toward Luke and the group, as though the Jedi Master’s huge eyes could somehow determine how much they’ve truly learned. After a long moment, the little Jedi turned toward where he alone saw Ben.

“Will he finish what he begins?” Yoda sighed.

“We won’t fail you Master Yoda,” Twilight swore. “Whatever you want us to do, consider it done.”

“We’re not afraid,” Luke added.

But Master Yoda slowly turned toward them, while Storm and Cal looked away slightly.

“Oh, you will be,” Yoda warned. “You will be.”

“Take it from experience,” Cal added. “None of you have ever seen ‘real’ terror, not until you’ve faced… him.”

<>

The Imperial fleet around Vader’s ship was surrounded by the asteroid storm. Asteroids, big and small, pelted the vast exteriors of the menacing ships. One of the smaller Imperial vessels hit a huge asteroid and exploded in a brilliant flash of light.

<>

Meanwhile, the cockpit of the Millennium Falcon was quiet. The only light stemmed from the indicator lights on the control panel. Princess Leia sat in the pilot’s seat, running her hand across the panel. She thought of Han and the confusion he has created within her.

Suddenly, something outside the cockpit window caught her eye. The reflection of the panel lights obscured her vision until a soft suction-like cup attached itself to the window. Leia moved closer to see what it might be. Large, yellow eyes flashed open and stared back at her. Startled, she jumped back and landed straight into Galen Marek’s arms. The man could feel her heart pounding as they heard a scurry of feet, followed by a loud screech, and in an instant the eyes are gone.

The young princess caught her breath, turned toward Marek, and pulled herself from the man’s arms. He just looked on as she raced from the cockpit.

“You’re welcome,” Marek called out.

<>

In the holding area, the lights go bright for a second before turning off again. 3PO and Chewbacca watched as Han finished with the wiring.

“Sir if I may venture an opinion…” 3PO offered.

“I’m not really interested in your opinion, 3PO,” Han muttered.

Leia rushed into the cabin just as Han dropped the final floor panel into place.

“There’s something out there,” Leia spoke, breathless.

“Where?” Han asked.

“Outside, in the cave.”

“The princess is right,” Marek spoke, entering the area. “We’re not alone in here.”

As he spoke, there came a sharp banging on the hull. Marek kept a grip along the hilt of his lightsaber just in case. Chewie looked up and barked anxiously.

“There it is,” 3PO gasped. “Listen! Listen!”

“Shh… keep quiet,” Marek warned. “They could be the type that track by sound.”

“I’m going out there,” Han spoke.

“Are you crazy?!” Leia freaked.

“I just got this bucket back together. I’m not going to let something tear it apart.”

He and Chewie grabbed their breath masks off a rack and hurried out. Leia and Marek followed after.

“Then I’m going with you,” Leia called out.

“Ahem!” Marek cleared his throat.

The princess rolled her eyes.

“Fine… we’re going.”

“Better…” Marek spoke plainly.

“I think it might be better if I stay here and guard the ship,” 3PO suggested.

“Thank you for volunteering,” Marek replied, taking off.

No sooner was the droid left alone when another mysterious noise was heard.

“Oh no…” 3PO whimpered.

<>

It is very dark inside the huge asteroid cave, too dark for anyone to see what’s attacking the ship. Leia stomped her foot along the cavern floor.

“This ground sure feels strange,” Leia observed. “It doesn’t feel like rock at all.”

Han and Marek knelt along the floor, studying the ground. The two men attempted to study the outline of the cave.

“There’s an awful lot of moisture in here,” Han observed.

“I don’t like this,” Marek spoke. “I’ve got a feeling we shouldn’t be here.”

“For once kid… I agree with you.”

“That’s comforting…”

Chewie barked through his face mask, pointing toward the ship’s cockpit. A five-foot-long shape could be seen moving across the top of the Falcon. The leathery creature let out a screech as Han blasted it with a laser bolt.

“Watch out!” Han warned Leia.

The black shape tumbled off the spaceship and onto the ground in front of the creature. Another screech cried out as Marek quickly unsheathed his lightsaber and practically sliced the beast by the wing. The creature too plummeted toward the ground as Marek looked down waiting for the beast to stir. When it didn’t move, Marek turned off his lightsaber and bent toward the creature.

“Mynocks…” Marek observed. “Two meters… brown, yam-like color… black eyes… energy eater.”

“Chewie, check the rest of the ship,” Han instructed Chewbacca. “Make sure there aren’t any more attached. They’re chewing on the power cables.”

“Mynocks?” Leia questioned.

“Nasty parasites…” Marek clarified. “But a great delicacy amongst the Twi-leks.”

“Go on inside,” Han instructed. “We’ll clean them off if there are any more.”

“We’ll?” Marek raised a brow.

“Don’t get any ideas kid,” Han warned. “We’re not quite ready to go to a pub.”

Just then, a swarm of the ugly creatures swooped through the air. Leia put her arms over her head to protect herself as she raced toward the ship. Chewie shooed another Mynock away with his blaster, while Marek swiped and sliced his lightsaber toward any approaching close by. Several of the batlike creatures flapped their wings loudly against the cockpit window of the Falcon. Inside, 3PO shuddered at their presence.

“Oh! Go away! Go away! Beastly little thing. Shoo! Shoo!”

Han looked around the strange, dripping cave.

“Wait a minute…”

He unholstered his blaster and fired at the far side of the huge cave. The cavern began to shake, as the ground started to buckle. Chewie barked and moved for the ship, followed closely by Leia, Marek, and Han. The large wings of the Mynocks flapped past them as they guarded their faces and raced up the platform.

“Not a cave…” Marek muttered. “Not a cave… not a cave…”

Soon as the three humans were on board, Chewie shut the main hatch. The ship continued to shake and heave.

“All right, Chewie, let’s get out of here!” Han ordered.

The Wookiee heads for the cockpit as Han, followed by 3PO, rush to the hold are and checked the scops on the control panel. Leia hurried after.

“The Empire is still out there,” Leia warned.

“Of course they would be,” Marek retorted. “They never give up!”

“I don’t think it’s wise to…”

Han rushed past her and headed for the cockpit.

“No time to discuss this in committee,” Han interrupted.

And with that, the ship captain was gone. The main engines of the Falcon began to whine. Galen Marek raced for the cockpit, with Leia after him, bouncing around in the shaking ship.

“I am not a committee!” Leia shouted, angrily.

“No time for speeches, princess!” Marek shouted.

Han was already in the pilot’s seat pulling back on the throttle. The cave-quake has greatly diminished.

“You can’t make the jump to light-speed in this asteroid field…” Leia warned.

“Sit down, sweetheart,” Han ordered. “We’re takin off!”

As the ship began to move forward, Chewie barked. He noticed something out he window ahead. 3PO and Marek see it too.

“Look!” 3PO pointed.

“I see it…” Marek muttered.

“Suddenly, a row of jagged white stalagmites and stalactites could be seen surrounding the entrance. And as the falcon moved forward, the entrance to the cave grew ever smaller. Han pulled hard on the throttle, sending his ship surging forward.

“We’re doomed!” 3PO cried out.

“The cave is collapsing,” Leia pointed.

“This is no cave,” Han corrected.

“What?”

“It’s worse!” Marek added.

Leia’s mouth dropped open. She now saw that the rocks of the cave entrance are not rocks at all. But instead, they are giant teeth quickly closing around the tiny ship. Chewie howled with fright.

The Millennium Falcon zoomed through the monster’s mouth, rolling on its side, and barely made it between two of the gigantic white teeth before the huge jaws slammed shut. The enormous space slug moved its head out of the cave as the Falcon flew out its mouth. The monster tilt its head, watching the starship fly away.

The Falcon raced out of the asteroid crater and into the deadly rain of the asteroid storm.

“We never speak of this!” Marek declared.

“Agreed, kid!” Han replied. “Agreed!”

<>

With Yoda strapped to his back, Luke climbed up one of the many thick vines growing in the swamp. Panting heavily, he continued his course: Climbing, flipping through the air, jumping over roots, and racing in-and-out of the heavy ground fog. The Equestrian heroes followed closely with their own coach, Cal Kestis. The kids had a slight difficult time keeping up, while Fluttershy kept a tight hold over Spike. Rarity, meanwhile, had the worst time.

“Ooh… we would end up having to train in a swamp!” Rarity complained. “Why couldn’t we do this in a cleaner environment? Like a temple or something…”

“Just keep running…” Cal replied.

“Yes! Run! Yes,” Yoda instructed. “A Jedi’s strength flows from the Force. But beware of the dark side. Anger… fear… aggression. The dark side of the Force are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a fight.”

“That’s somethin’ I just ain’t gettin’,” Applejack spoke up. “Are you sayin’ it ain’t right to be angry once in a while?”

“If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny,” Yoda warned. “Consume you it will, as it did Obi-Wan’s apprentice.”

“Hmm…” Storm thought, looking down.

“What about that creepy Vader guy?” Fluttershy brought up. “Is this scary dark side that strong?”

“No… no… no. Quicker, easier, more seductive.”

“Like whenever Rainbow Dash and Applejack are always doing those ‘gestures’ in our adventures that always draws the ire of the haters of our stories?” Pinkie Pie brought up.

Rainbow Dash frowned toward Pinkie with a pout, while Applejack adjusted her hat to hide the blush on her cheeks.

“How am I to know the good side from the bad?” Luke asked.

“You will know,” Yoda assured. “When you are calm, at peace. Passive.”

“Yoda makes a good point,” Storm replied. “A Jedi must sue the Force for knowledge and defense. True Jedis never use our powers for assault, even if it’s the easiest thing to do.”

“Master Yoda,” Twilight spoke up. “Why can’t—”

“No, no, there is ‘no’ why,” Yoda interrupted. “Nothing more will I teach you today. Clear your mind of questions. Mmm-mmmmmmm…”

“But I feel like we only just started. We need to know ‘lots’ more if we hope to beat the Empire.”

“You’ll find a little knowledge goes a long way,” Cal replied. “Believe me, I know.”

R2 beeped in the distance as Luke let Yoda down to the ground. Breathing heavily, he took his shirt from a nearby tree branch and pulled it on. The rest of the Equestrians took a seat for a quick breather, removing their shoes to rub the ache in their feet.

“Boy… and I thought boot camp at Wonderbolts training was tough,” Rainbow sighed.

“How these humans do this sort of thing every day I’ll never understand,” Rarity sighed, facing Luke. “No offense darling.”

“None taken,” Luke sighed.

Just then, the group felt a slight tremor as if the force were drawing them to find something.

“Do you all feel that?” Luke asked.

Everyone else nodded as they looked around the swamp.

“Looks like we got company,” Rainbow observed, cracking her knuckles.

“I do hope they’re friendly,” Fluttershy spoke.

“Please let them be friendly…” Spike begged.

“Maybe they’d like a ‘Welcome to Degobah’ party?” Pinkie suggested.

The pink party pony held a cake, while wearing a party hat.

“Highly doubt that…” Applejack replied. “What with all the luck we’ve been havin’ lately.”

“Not a threat,” Yoda replied. “Former Jedi, she is.”

She?” The girls asked, in unison.

Just then, they looked forward to the sound of footsteps. Appearing before the group was a hooded figure with feminine features.

“Ahsoka, a long time, it has been,” Yoda spoke.

Sure enough, the figure flipped her hood and removed her cloak to reveal herself to the others. Before their very eyes was the former Jedi Padawan herself, Ahsoka Tano, a female Togruta standing one-point eighty-eight meters tall, with blue eyes and orange skin with white markings and blue stripes.

“It certainly has grand master,” She replied, facing Storm. “Hello Storm…”

“Good to see you again Ahsoka,” Storm bowed.

Now it was the group’s turn to be surprised once more. Starring wide-eyed at this new revelation. But none more surprised than Twilight Sparkle herself.

“Do you know every Jedi Knight in this universe?” Twilight raised an eyebrow.

“Not every Jedi…” Storm replied.

“Ahsoka Tano, this is,” Yoda introduced. “Fear not everyone. Anakin Skywalker, former apprentice, she was.”

Luke Skywalker approached her, with shock and awe.

“You knew my father?” He asked Ashoka.

“Yes… I did,” Ahsoka replied. “He was my master as we fought during the Clone Wars.”

She placed a hand on the side of Luke’s face. He noticed a lone tear streaming down her face.

“You look so much like him when I first met him.”

This caused Luke to smile, blushing a bit as everyone approached her.

“And how do you know Storm?” Spike asked curiously.

“He and I trained together alongside Luke’s father during the Clone Wars,” Ahsoka replied, facing Storm. “Apart from our master, Storm was one of the most promising students ever trained.”

“Well, I wouldn’t say as good as you,” Storm replied. “What brings you to the Dagobah system?”

“The same reason as Cal’s,” Ahsoka answered. “I’ve come to help you train for the fight against the Emperor. If it’s additional lessons you seek, you’ll find there’s more right there.”

The group turned toward a huge, black tree. Its base was surrounded by a mere few feet of water. Giant, twisted roots formed a dark and sinister cave on one side. Luke and Fluttershy stared at the tree, trembling.

“There’s something not right here,” Luke spoke.

Yoda sat along a large root, poking his Gimer stick into the dirt. Cal and Ahsoka stood close by.

“It feels cold…” Fluttershy trembled. “Like d-d-d-death…”

“That place… is strong with the dark side of the Force,” Yoda spoke. “A domain of evil it is. In you must go.”

“And what’ll we find when we go in there?” Twilight asked curiously.

“Only what you take with you.”

The group looked warily between the tree and their masters. Luke started to strap on his weapon belt.

“Your weapons… you will not need them,” Yoda spoke.

Luke gave the tree a long look, then shook his head ‘no’. Yoda merely shrugged in response.

“Better let me go first,” Luke told the group.

“Whatever you say Luke ole buddy,” Pinkie chattered nervously.

“But please Luke, you must be careful,” Fluttershy advised worriedly.

Luke nodded before he reached up and brush aside some hanging vines. Then before the groups very eyes, they watched as he entered the tree.

<>

Luke moved into the almost total darkness of the wet, slimy cave. The youth could barely make out the edge of the passage. Holding his lit saber before him, he saw a lizard crawling up the side of the cave and a snake wrapped around the branches of a tree. Luke drew a deep breath, then pushed deeper into the cave. The space widened around him, but he felt rather than saw it. His sword cast the only light as he peered into the very quiet darkness.

Suddenly, a loud *HISS!* broke the silence. Darth Vader appeared across the blackness, illuminated by his own just-ignited laser sword. Immediately, he charged toward Luke, his saber held high. He was upon the youth in seconds, but Luke sidestepped perfectly and slashed at Vader with his sword.

And just like that… Darth Vader was quickly decapitated. His helmet-encased head flew from his shoulders, while his body disappeared into the blackness. The metallic banging of the helmet filled the cave as Vader’s head spun and bounced, smashed along the floor, and finally stopped. For an instant it rested on the floor, then it cracked vertically. The black helmet and breath mask fell away to reveal… Luke’s head.

Across the space, Luke stood gasping at the sight, wide-eyed in terror. Until eventually, the decapitated head itself faded away like a vision.

<>

The group stood anxiously watching the entrance to the tree, hoping, and praying for Luke’s well-being. The girls and Spike turned toward Yoda who sat on his root, calmly leaning on his Gimer Stick.

“Fear nothing because you fought many monsters, you say,” Yoda spoke. “What true fear is, you do not.”