• ...
 1
 272

Chapter 4: Breaking the curse

Sunlight had returned to the castle of friendship and entered in the portal for C.H.S, to realize it was almost nightime. Once he was back, he immediately returned in his room and stayed inside for a couple of minutes.

“Well, first, i have to told what i’ve learned to Sunset. I wonder where she is right now, i will send her a message.”

Sunlight sent her a message and Sunset replied almost immediately, saying that she was hanging out with her friends at Pinkie’s house. Sunlight dressed herself in a more appropriate way, with jeans and a t-shirt. Then, he/she teleported at the entrance of Pinkie Pie’s room. He opened it and was surprised to see Sandbar and his friends from the school of friendship talking with Sunset and the others.

“Hum, can i know what they are doing here, in this world?” asked Sunny.

“Headmare Starlight allowed us to stay here for a week as part of a school trip, answered Gallus, and can i know who you are? You look familiar...”

Sunny pointed at her hairs.

“How many people do you know have this color palette?” she asked.

“Hum, only one...Sunlight, he answered. Wait, don’t tell me you are...Sunlight?”

“Yes, it’s me, she said. Don’t let my appearence fool you, under this body, i still a guy.”

“That’s awesome!! Said Silverstream. Tell me, how does it feel like to be a girl?!”

“Uh, are you not a girl too? Asked Sunny Flame. You should know how it feel like.”

“Oh, right!” she answered.

“Hum, said Sunset. I thought you said you wouldn’t come back home before becoming a guy again.”

“I will explain it to you later” said mare-ified Sunlight

“No need to, she said. I can read it for myself.”

“Wait, don’t, said Sunny Flame. You don’t want to see what i saw earlier this day. Trust me.”

“Fine, i won’t, she said. You will told me later. If you want to stay with us for the evening, feel free!!!”

“Well, i have something else to do, said Sunny. I feel that this room is too small for one more person. See yah later!!”

Sunny Flame left the house and walked for a few minutes, before she sat on a bench near the park and got lost in her thoughts for a few moments. Suddenly, He feel something on his legs. It was Spike, who spotted her while he was trying to hunt squirrels.

“Are you okay, Sunlight? He asked. You seem very perplexed right now.”

“I am not perplexed, just stressed, and peeved cause of that” she answered

“What bother you? You can tell me! He said. I promise i will keep this secret.”

“Ugh, why not...He said. I know who is responsible of my transformation and how to reverse it”

“Cool, so what is bothering you, then?” asked Spike.

“Well, this is complicated, he answered. In order to break this curse, i need to love kiss a guy i am attached to, and he need to do the same”

“Oh, and you are worried because there is no guys meeting these conditions?” said Spike.

“No, there is one that might meet the conditions” she said.

“So, what are you waiting for?” asked Spike.

“That guy is Flash, she said, but i don’t want to kiss him. This is probable that at the moment i will kiss him, i will turn back into a guy and when Flash will realize it, he risk to be disgusted. And also, I don’t want to break his heart.”

“Hum, yeah, i am pretty sure Flash is into girls, said Spike. But there might be another way. That Princess Cadence said that you need to love kissing a guy you like, but it might work on a girl you had a crush on while being a boy...”

“Hum, Cadence said that had to be a boy, but she could have hidden some details from me, Love is love, no matter what sex the person you love is.”

“So, do you know a girl that like you?” asked Spike.

“Well, you mean every girl in school? Answered Sunny. Sure.”

“Hum, said Spike, and among them, is there one you have feeling for?”

“...I do like one, she answered. But i am afraid of the reaction somes might have about it.”

“You mean your friends? Asked Spike. They will understand.”

“Yes, she answered, but also of certain people that love her and would get mad at me for that.”

“And who is that girl? Is it Rarity? Or is it Fluttershy?” asked the dog.

“No, it’s neither of them, answered Sunny. It’s...Hum...Trixie.”

“Wait, you have a crush on Trixie? Said Spike. Seriously? What can you find interesting in her? She is egocentical, self-centered and way too unstable emotionally”

“This is just a decoy, said Sunny Flame. A shell. I know underneath all her pride, ego and bitchy attitude, hides a girl that want someone to love her, a shy, uncertain girl who just want attention and love.”

“Well, good luck breaking that shell of her, said Spike. But does she like you?”

“She does, said Sunny Flame, I know it because i read her diary...”

“Wait, what?” asked Spike.

“Uh, forget i said that!!” she said, embarrassed.

“Hum, did my ears really hear what they heard?” said a voice he recognized too well.

“Sunset? Said Sunny Flame. Since when are you listening to our discussion?”

“Let’s just say i heard all your conversation, she said. I didn’t know you had a thing for Trixie...And that you actually read her diary...”

“Let’s just forget i said that, said Sunny. The thing is, how am i going to get Trixie to kiss me? She is not into girls from what i read. I can probably convice her that i am Sunlight Blaze beneath this appearance. But her and me are not in good term since i accidentally stole the show last time we worked together. I will have to gain her sympathy again.”

“Hum, But what about Flash? Said Sunset. He would be more easy to get that Trixie. After all, he seem to like you a lot. But yeah, if that kiss work and you come back to normal, it would be awkward for him to realize he is kissing a guy that was a girl a few seconds ago.”

“She is right, said Spike. Have you at least tried to talk with him?”

“No, I didn’t, she said. I am too afraid of how he would react after the curse break and we still kissing each other. He would be disgusted forever and...”

“So what? Asked Sunset. Do you want to become a guy again or no?”

“I do, answered Sunny. You are right, it is time for me to have a talk with Flash. Sometimes, a hero need to take risks. Thank you, both of you, i will call you later if i manage to turn back to normal.”

Sunny composed Flash’s number. After a few moment she felt on his voicebox.

”Either he went in town without his phone or he is busy at home” she thought.

She looked in his room first and saw that his phone was left on the bed. She suddenly heard noises from the bathroom.

”Oh, he is taking a shower, she thought. In this case, i’ll wait for him to finish and get dressed. Or i could just...Scare the shit outta him....He he he. He would not expect me to wait t’ill he leave the bathroom and scare him”

The shower stopped and she heard step noises. She turned invisible and opened the bathroom door slightly.

“Uh? Said Flash. Is someone here? Hello?...Meh, must be the wind...Wait, did i let the windows open?”

He finished drying himself up and put a towel around his waist. He left the bathroom and saw that his windows were closed.

”Okay, calm down, Flash” he said to himself.

He went to his closet and suddenly, Sunlight/Sunny became visible again and jumpscared him. Flash screamed, walked back and bumped against his desk chair to finally fall on the ground.

“You should have seen your face!! Said Sunny. And that scream too!”

“Why?!” asked Flash.

“You didn’t think i wouldn’t get my revenge for that time i was taking a shower and you replaced hot water by cold water. Didn’t ya? She asked to him. You know i hate cold.”

“Right, said Flash. Tell me, why are you here?”

“Get dressed first, said Sunny. I refuse to speak with you when you are only wearing a towel.”

“Can’t handle such a beautiful body?” he asked.

“I can, she answered. After all, i used to wake up everyday with a body like that, before, you know, turning into a girl. But you, can you handle mine?”

“Good point, he said. Can you just leave the room the time i get dressed?”

“Sure” answered Sunny.

She left the room and Flash started dressing himself up.

“What does she want, he thought. She said she wanted to talk. But about what?”

Flash finished to dress up and opened the door.

“I am done, you can enter” he said.

She grabbed him and threw him with herself on the bed.

“Oh, i am sorry, she said, getting away from his body. I have much more difficulty to hold back my desires and emotions”

“It’s okay, he said. I like it rough”

“What?” asked Sunny.

“Uh, you wanted to talk with me, i am listening.”

Sunlight took a deep breathe.

“I discovered a way to break the curse that turned me into a girl” she said.

“That’s...Uh... Cool, he said. How?”

“I have to kiss someone i am very close too” she answered.

“And?” asked Flash.

“That person is you” she answered.

“Me?” he said.

“Yes, i like you, Flash, she said. And it is not just the female me that said it, it is also the male part of me as well.”

“Wait, he said. You are telling me you might be...Bi? Like Sunset?”

“Yes, answered Sunny. Like my sister. I find you attractive, to be honest, you are cool, nice and funny. But do you feel the same way toward me? Tell, me, you realize i am still a guy deep inside, right?”

“Of course i do, he said. Ugh...I also like you as well, Sunlight. You are cool, calm, smart, strong, almost perfect in every way”

“So, tell me, asked Sunny. If we kissed and i turned back into a guy while still kissing....Would you be shocked?”

“To be honest, if it can help you solve your problem, i don’t care, he answered. I am not gay, but for you, i can make an exception...”

Flash put his hand below Sunny’s chin, making her and him blush.

“Do it” said Sunny,

Flash kissed her with passion for a couple of seconds and then stopped. A few more seconds passed before Sunny started to feel weird. She was suddenly wrapped into a bright light for a few minutes and when it faded, revealed Sunlight, who turned back into a guy.

“It worked!! Said Flash!! It worked!! I am so happy for you!!”

Sunlight looked at himself with relief and hugged Flash gently.

“Thank you, he said to him. I promise to make it back to you”

“You are welcome, said Flash. This is what friends are for. But uh, can you release me now? I start to feel uncomfortable right now”

Sunlight stopped hugging him and blused of shame.

“I guess i still have a bit of feminine side in me” he said.

“So, what if we go announce the good news to Sunset?” said Flash.

“That can wait, he said. I have someone to see before.”

“In that case, i won’t tell Sunset until you came back” said Flash

Sunlight teleported in front of the statue and jumped in the portal, once arrived on the other side, he felt nose to nose with Starlight, who was cleaning the place.

“Sunlight? Wait, you are not a girl anymore!?!” she said.

She invited Sunlight to explain what happened around a cup of tea. Afterward, Starlight told him she had projects with Trixie for the evening. Sunlight teleported at the doors of the Crystal Empire and the guard surprisingly let him pass without problem. He went straight for the castle and entered in the princess’ room. Her and Shinning Armor were playing with Flurry Heart.

“Oh, i was wondering when you would come back, she said. See, i didn’t lied to you about the way to break my spell. That being said, i am sorry for using such an extreme way to make you learn a lesson.”

“I know, he said. And i am sorry for breaking out into your room sooner today. Know that i learned a lot today.”

Cadence took a scroll and a pen.

“I listen” she said.

“First, he said. I have learned that love is not as bad as i thought i was. There is some good sides to it. It took a gender swaping spell to open my eyes, and my heart. Now that i have seen what love is, i can’t unseen it. I also learned that keeping his feelings deep inside is wrong. Sometimes, you just have to talk them out to someone. For now on, i swear that i won’t hold back my feelings.”

Cadence sent the letter to Twilight by magic.

“Now i can turn the page, she said to him. Knowing that i succeeded to teach you a lesson. And by breaking the curse, you also unlocked a power you should like using”

“What it is?” asked Sunlight

“Now, you can swap gender at will, she said. All you need to do is to think about being a girl and you’ll become a girl”

“Uh..Okay...” said Sunlight.

He thought about swapping gender and effectively turned into a mare

“I am sure that will be useful soon or later” she said.

Sunlight thought about being a male and turned back into a stallion.

“Hum, one last thing, asked Sunlight. Do you think you can teach me the spell you used to curse me?”

“I can’t, but i think i might have one that have the same effect. Let me check...Oh, found it!! This spell will allow you to swap someone’s gender at will, just said the magic incantation and the name of the person you want to «curse». To cancel the spell, you can say the incantation at the bottom or wait 24 hours for the spell to end.”

“Hum, is there a time limit at my own transformation?” asked Sunlight.

“No, so have fun!!, she said, Plus, you are bi, so it is a double advantage for you....Hey, stop looking at my husband like that”

“I am just playing with you, said Sunlight. He is not my type...”

“Well, you should probably told your friends that you turned back to normal” said Shining.

“Right, said Sunlight. Well, have a good night, and thank you again for the spell, your Highness!!”

“You’re welcome!! She said. Come back at anytime!!”

Sunlight returned in front of the mirror once again and jumped through. He came back to Flash’s room and together, they headed to Pinkie Pie’s house to announce the new to their friends. Sunset was happy to see her brother back to normal as well as the rest of her friends and they spent the rest of the evening together...

End of the first arc.

Comments ( 1 )

I know, this volume is a bit shorter than the others. It is because i wanted to get done with it and pass to something else, like working and taking care of my mother. Sensible readers should think before reading it, as it may contain some sensible subjects as well as mature jokes. I hope you will still enjoy the story. Because next year, a new story will come. Stay tuned!

Login or register to comment