• Published 5th Aug 2020
  • 384 Views, 5 Comments

The Second Life I Didn't Know I Have: Pinkie Pie - Mister E-Nonymous



After a strange incident with the Tree of Harmony, the Mane 6 are transported to another dimension of where each pony was turned into a human version of themselves with no idea how they ended up there or how to get back. This is Pinkie's Adventure...

  • ...
 5
 384

Chapter 2: Job Searching

Chapter 2: Job Searching


I was waking up in my bed, hoping that everything that just happened last night was a dream. But sadly, it wasn't a dream. I looked around to see that I was still in this weird world. I then walked over to the computer to see if my friends responded yet. I then sighed. I just hope that my friends responded to me message.

I walked over to my computer and turned it on. I looked on Facebook, only to find out that no one has responded yet. I sighed in disappointment and then I headed towards my new bathroom and took a shower. I got myself cleaned up, and then I got dressed. I then looked out of my room to see if my roommate was awake. To my dismay, Kevin was not up yet. Then I walked over to the kitchen to prepare breakfast. I looked in the fridge, empty. Then I looked in the pantry, also empty. I sighed.

Then Kevin came out of his bedroom and saw me. He then said, "Oh, right. We need to go grocery shopping, don't we?"

"Yep," I said. "How about we go out to eat before we do grocery shopping?"

"Sounds good," said Kevin.

"Should we take your car or mine?" I asked.

"What do you drive?" asked Kevin.

"Ford Edge," I said.

"I have a Ford Mustang convertible," said Kevin. "You know what, we should also get that moving trailer dropped off before we go out."

"Good idea," I said. "Let's get going."


We dropped off the trailer at the U-Haul, and then headed for a diner called IHOP. We sat at a booth across from each other. We took a look at our menus to see what was there.

Then a waitress came up to our booth and she asked, "Hi. Welcome to IHOP, I'll be your waitress. My name is Leslie. May I asked what drinks you want?"

"We're doing separate payments," said Kevin. "I'll take a Sprite."

"I'll have some apple juice," I said.

"Okay. One Sprite and one apple juice," said Leslie. "I'll be back as soon as I can. Just to let you know, we're a little understaffed. We are in desperate need of more employees. Like waiters or waitresses."

"Oh, wow," I said looking around. "You really need some help."

"Well, if you're interested in a job, here's the information on where you have to go online," she said, handing me a card. "I'll be back with your drinks."

I then started looking at what to order. But then Kevin got my attention, saying, "You're right. We're going to need some jobs to pay for rent."

"But we're still going to have to get time for school classes and free time," I said.

"Good call," said Kevin. "Can't be working too much. There should be a time for us to take a break for free time."

"Indeed!" I said. I then looked at the menu and said, "What are you interested in? For eating?"

"I think I'll take the Country Omelette," said Kevin. "You?"

"Oooh! The double blueberry pancakes look good!" I said. "Along with some hash browns and sausage links." I just then heard what I said. I then thought to myself, "Am I intentionally wanting some meat? Oh, I hope that the others aren't wanting to cope with this. I don't think that Fluttershy will take it well either."

"Hey, Pinkie?" asked Kevin, breaking me out of my thoughts. "Are you okay? You seem a little... pale."

"O-Oh," I said. "I'll be fine." I lied. I really hope that my friends would be able to be okay. I decided to change the topic. "So, what are you planning on doing for a job?"

"Perhaps I'll find a job near here," said Kevin. "I'm sure you'll be able to get a job here."

"I hope you're right," I said. I then thought to myself, "It'll help pay rent, food, and other essentials. Maybe even for something fun."

Then Leslie came back with our drinks, saying, "Here are your drinks. One Sprite and one Apple Juice. Now, are you two ready to order?"

"Yes," said Kevin. "I'll take the Country Omelette."

"And I'll have the Double Blueberry Pancakes with Hash Browns and Sausage Links," I said. I really hope I can get over this phase.

"Okay," said Leslie. "It'll be out soon. So, just stay here and wait for your breakfast to be cooked up."

"Okie dokie loki!" I said. I then got the urge. I then said, "Be right back." I then rushed to the ladies room.


Later, Kevin and I went grocery shopping at a place called Target. We were about to enter and then we saw a sign that said "Now Hiring." Kevin thought that he should apply for a job here so he can pay rent and food.

We came in and Kevin immediately signed up to work at Target. He signed up and then he was going to have to wait until Target calls him. He was going to have to make it clear that when he starts school, he has to work certain hours. We then started heading towards the grocery isles. We started with getting the essentials. Fruits, vegetables, cereal, bread, some cleaning supplies, and something called a rumba, something to vacuum when we're not there.

"So, Pinkie," said Kevin, "what do you do for yourself?"

"Oh, many things," I said. "I really like making deserts, planning parties, and having fun with my bestest best friends!"

"Boy, wish I had your life," said Kevin. "My parents don't even want me to do anything but study. But my aunt isn't as pushy as my parents. She says that I should enjoy myself as much as I can."

I smiled at that and said, "I think your aunt it smarter than your parents."

"Don't say that around my parents," said Kevin. "So, what are your parents like?"

I thought about what I should say. Well, I might as well tell Kevin about this life I had before I came here. I told him as much as I could remember in this world. But, as soon as I finished up, I got sad.

"Is something wrong, Pinkie?" asked Kevin.

"Well," I said, "I have a question. Do you believe that everyone has a second life that you never knew about?"

"A second life?" asked Kevin. "I've been thinking that there was more to us than the life we have. Why do you ask?"

"Would you believe me if I told you I'm having one of those moments?" I asked.

"You are?" asked Kevin. "So, you are like... some sort of different person who's living a different life now?"

"Actually... yeah," I said. "I was really freaking out that I was in a whole different place. I was hoping that when I woke up this morning, I thought I would be back where I was, but instead, I'm still in this whole new world."

"Almost like that movie, Pleasantville," said Kevin. "Two high school twins, David and Jennifer, get sucked into a 1950's sitcom."

"Really?" I asked.

"Yep," said Kevin. "I haven't seen it, but I have heard some details."

"I just hope my friends will be able to help me out through this situation," I said. I then pulled out my phone to see if any of my friends responded. Still no response.

"Waiting for your friends to respond?" asked Kevin.

"Yep," I said. "Nothing yet. I just hope I will get a response from them soon."


We came back to the apartment with all of the groceries and other stuff we got from Target. We put the stuff away and then I went onto my computer and started applying for a job at IHOP. Kevin did the same for Target. As soon as we finished, we decided to make some lunch.

"So, Pinkie," Kevin said, "what are you interested in for lunch?"

"How about something simple?" I asked. "Like grilled cheese?"

"Never had grilled cheese before," said Kevin. "My mom said that it's too simple and small for a meal."

"Tell me about it," I said. "One time, with one of my friends, Rarity, we went to a strip of restaurants that were given the top rating, but the entrees were small and overpriced."

"Oh, I've been to one of those restaurants," said Kevin. "My stomach was growling all night ever since then."

"The critic that gave those ratings thought it was a good idea that everyone shouldn't eat as much as they want to," I said. "Worst... critic... ever."

"Sounds like it," said Kevin. "So, how do you make grilled cheese sandwiches?"

"Oh, I'll show you," said Pinkie. "All you need is some bread, sliced cheese, butter and a frying pan."

Later, we had some lunch and then we went to each others rooms. I then got a phone call from someone here in San Diego. I answered it.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Is this Pinkamena Diane Pie?" asked a man on the phone.

"Please, call me Pinkie," I said. "Anyway, can I help you?"

"Ah, yes. I am the manager of the IHOP you came to this morning," said the man. "Leslie was kind enough to reference you, and I looked through your résumé, and you seem to be a well qualified worker. Although, I have a question to ask, how do you feel about working holidays?"

"Well, I'm not too fond on working on holidays," I said. "But, I could come in for about two hours if needed."

"That's actually what I was going to ask you next," said the manager. "It also says here that you are going to start attending the University of San Diego, am I correct?"

"Yes indeedy," I said. "I just hope that I don't have to work any hours that will be in my class times."

"I can make that work for you, Miss Pie," said the manager. "You're hired. Come by tomorrow and we'll get you suited for a uniform."

"Okie dokie loki," I told him. "I'll see you tomorrow."

I then headed out to the living room and saw that Kevin was talking on his cell phone. I overheard him say, "Okay. See you tomorrow." He then saw me, and I walked up to him.

"Who was that?" I asked.

"The manager at Target," said Kevin. "I got the job. Usually, it takes time for people to get a call."

"I just got the job I applied for as well," I said.

"Hey, nice," said Kevin. "So, you wanna head to a place called Smashbuger?"

"Uh..." I said. I then thought to myself, "What am I going to do? I'm not supposed to eat meat, but that was when I was a pony." I then inwardly sighed. "Guess I have no choice, since this body needs meat to survive." I then said to Kevin, "Sure, why not."

"How about this time, we take my car?" said Kevin. "Maybe even catch a movie."

"Dinner and a movie?" I asked. "What if your parents find out?"

"What they don't know won't hurt them," said Kevin. "As long as we keep it a secret."

I smiled at this and nodded. Hopefully, things will get better soon.

Author's Note:

Alright, guys. I am going to have to put this story "On Hiatus." I'm hoping that other people would like to write stories based on this. There are some groups that put in stories that are based on one different story. Like PonyFall, or Five Score, Divided by Four. I would like to see you do some stories and post them on my group; The Second Life I Didn't Know I Have. Hopefully, you all will respond.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment