• Published 3rd Aug 2020
  • 1,939 Views, 161 Comments

Starshot: Star Speaker - Tums Festival



A group of ponies accidentally activate a dormant alien spacecraft. Things only go downhill from there... Or uphill, depending on who you ask. | In Part I of their tale, the ponies figure out their ship, and Luna figures out her true potential.

  • ...
3
 161
 1,939

On The Next Episode of SPACE TREK: The Next Generation

Author's Note:

Just posting this because since I didn't really make it clear the next part was a separate fic. Enjoy the 'preview' for it below :). If you don't feel like reading it, no biggy. Here's a link to the next part.

On the next episode of SPACE TREK: The Next Generation. The author bites off more than he can chew...

“Oh god!” Spike cried, being chased down a ship corridor by multiple, unfamiliar faces. “There’s way too many new characters! This is going to negatively affect narrative structure! The horror!”

By adding in more characters to a story with already too many…

“Yeah, what the heck!” Gallus shouted into the heavens, stranded with half of the Student Six on an alien planet. “Hello! You still haven’t used us yet and now you’re adding in a bunch of freakin--”

Including a bunch of bat ponies! Because the fandom can’t get enough of em’...

“Probably cus they think we’re cute!” Crescent Moon grumbled cutely, sitting in her captain’s chair. “How bloody embarrassing’. We aren’t cute, ya howlin dobby hack fraud! We are the night!”

She let out a ‘terrifying’ screech. One which almost certainly wasn’t cute.

“You’re bloomin’ right it wasn’t.”

And also a Grand Admiral Thrawn expy, because the only thing more degrading than having him beat by space whales is being in a fanfiction.

“This isn’t artistically done,” Warp Song said, worriedly reading over Part II via his captain’s console. “This isn’t artistically done at all.”

Has this given you no idea as to what the next part is about? Well, find out what's actually in it by clicking this link here!

Comments ( 8 )

:rainbowlaugh:

The self-deprecating humor is strong with this one.

10535184
Though what about the issue on what I mentioned?

10535194
What about the bit I mentioned on about how the first one went?
With what he had missed there.
I don't know if the one he would go to is not going to be like that. Don't know how to put it..

10535217
Still bugs me he brushes this aside though.
The fact still remains though..
Especially with what he missed out on and how it was the first away mission ever there.

10535223
I get where you're coming from. Spike's my favorite of the main characters on the show and he got screwed quite a few times. They did make up for it a little by making him the hero of the Crystal Empire, though he never really came out on his own, at least from what I remember (there's so many episodes over its eight year run that I could be forgetting stuff).

10535236
And all the times he got left out so much.
Especially with how they made him stay behind to watch over something or how he's suddenly not with the heroes no damn reason(Shadow Play and Beginning Of The End). BOTE being worse due to it caused him to get screwed badly(brainwashed with everyone else and shoved into the Mane 6's shadows). What's worse is how it got brushed aside pretty much, all the issues brushed aside. Just like how Luna kept falling flat on her face or retiring, it all gets brushed aside.

Yeah...

Well. I definitely regret letting this one fall by the wayside. Fantastic stuff, and a fascinating setting to explore. And the fact that Empire's calender is counting down to something... :twilightoops:
On to the next installment!

10431611
Looking back on this, its a shame Smolder is not there(is she?)

Login or register to comment