• Published 1st Aug 2020
  • 2,756 Views, 65 Comments

Crimson Heart - Starkeeper_Ponyfic



Discord's battle with the Elements pulls a certain determined human into Equestria. Shenanigans ensue.

  • ...
5
 65
 2,756

Arc 2, Interlude 2: Ceremony

Author's Note:

Figured I'd leave you all with a quick little write of the coronation before the hiatus actually starts. Enjoy!

Rarity smoothed out the wrinkles in Twilight's dress as her friend fretted.

"I'm really having second thoughts," Twilight admitted. "What if I mess it up? What if some sort of evil spirit takes over my mind and makes me a horrible tyrant or worse? I can already tell that my magic is stronger and that doesn't even account for the earth pony and pegasus magic I got when transforming and-"

"Twilight!" Rarity interrupted. "Darling, you will be fine, I promise! You'll have all of us right there for you if you need help. Me, the girls, Spikey, Frisk, Asriel, Thorax, and of course the princesses... Not to mention in a few moments the entirety of Equestria!"

Twilight smiled weakly. "Heh... thanks, Rarity... Um... do I look alright?" she asked, stepping away and turning around slowly.

Rarity's face grew hot to the point she had to wipe sweat off her brow. "W...Why, you've never looked better! Now, ah... go rock the show, darling!" she encouraged before risking a look in the mirror to confirm the bright red color of her cheeks. Twilight did look particularly nice today, Rarity reasoned, and the wings looked so natural on her... That was all, right?

...Right?

Twilight, oblivious to Rarity's inner conflict, opened the doors that would take her down the hall to Celestia. Rarity slipped through a side door, straightening her dress, and trotted off to her place beside the rest of the Element bearers to await Twilight's entrance.

❤︎

Frisk absolutely noticed the look on Rarity's face as she entered the room and made a mental note to tease her about it after the coronation. Spike sighed nervously beside them as he straightened his tuxedo and Frisk offered a reassuring smile as they adjusted their own suit. They flicked their eyes over to Twilight's friends and admired the outfits. They were all perfectly personalized-

Ponyalized? they suddenly asked Chara.

*Eh, that sounds weird, Chara reasoned.

Fair.

The outfits were perfectly personalized to each pony wearing them and complemented the Elements of Harmony displayed on their chests. Frisk gazed out at the attending crowd to quell their boredom, picking out Shining Armor, Twilight's parents, Asriel, a number of nobles, Twilight's Canterlot friends, and a few others Frisk recognized.

Suddenly Celestia cleared her throat.

"Welcome, everyone," she intoned. "We are gathered here today to celebrate a momentous occasion. My most faithful student, Twilight Sparkle, has done many extraordinary things since she's lived in Ponyville. She even helped reunite me with my sister, Princess Luna. But yesterday, Twilight Sparkle did something very, very special. She used her magic to open a door between dimensions, proving without a doubt that she is ready to be crowned Equestria's newest princess. Fillies and gentlecolts, may I present for the very first time, Princess Twilight Sparkle!" Celestia proclaimed, thrusting a hoof at the doors at the other end of the hall.

The doors opened and Twilight emerged, wings spread out and head held high. A group of ponies trailed behind her and music swelled.

"The Princess Twilight cometh,
Behold, Beho-old!
The Princess here before us,
Behold, behold, beho-old!
Behold, behold, behold, behold
The Princess Twilight cometh!
Behold, behold, behold, behold,
The Princess is,
The Princess is here!"

Twilight walked up onto the platform and turned to face the indoor crowd as Celestia placed the Element of Magic, now formed into a much more regal crown, upon her head. The crown flashed in the sunlight before Twilight strode out onto the balcony past her now fellow princesses. She waved out at the cheering crowd of ponies with a slightly overwhelmed smile. Celestia murmured something to her and Twilight cleared her throat.

She called out, "Almost a year ago, my teacher Princess Celestia sent me to Ponyville to learn about friendship, which at the time I didn't care much about. But now? I know that without my friends, I never would have made it this far," Twilight beamed, gesturing for the Elements, Spike, and Frisk to come forward. "Thanks to you all, I consider myself the very luckiest pony in Equestria. Thank you friends, and family, and everypony!"

A huge cheer erupted from the crowd both inside and outside. Frisk hugged Spike tightly and gazed out at the crowd.

❤︎

Twilight sat in the carriage with Spike while the other Element bearers flanked her. Frisk and Asriel drifted nearby on a pair of Asriel's "Star Blazing" attacks with beaming grins. Their joy was infectious, and Twilight began singing out her heart.

"Life in Equestria shimmers!
Life in Equestria shines!
And I know for absolute certain,
That everythi-ing,
Yes, everythi-ing
Yes everything is certainly fi-ine,
It's fine!"

Twilight teleported her circle of friends to a balcony and grinned. "Everything is gonna be just fine!" she laughed, embracing them all.

Comments ( 17 )

Rarity's face grew hot to the point she had to wipe sweat off her brow. "W...Why, you've never looked better! Now, ah... go rock the show, darling!" she encouraged before risking a look in the mirror to confirm the bright red color of her cheeks. Twilight did look particularly nice today, Rarity reasoned, and the wings looked so natural on her... That was all, right?

don't
just don't

10629163
It's just harmless fluff, and I haven't even planned any romantic endgames. Just trying to write somethin cute for the RariTwi shippers reading :<

like seriously there's not even anything more than blushing, it's not like Rarity professed her love for Twilight

Why is this tagged 'on hiatus'?

10629327
Taking a temporary hiatus to write Equestria Girls because it's been forever since I watched the movie and there's also a bit over three times more content to cover relative to all the previous canon-focused chapters.

10629598
Man, this is an amazing fic!

10639842
Thank you! It makes me super happy that you like it! :raritystarry:

10640122
I have an idea- maybe the magic from the portal also causes SOUL magic to enter Equestria, and the Dreemuur trio has to teach the mane 6 how to use it?

Let’s see what happens with the mirror……..

Please never give up on this story!

10721998
Don't worry, I haven't! Just kinda stuck on how to get Twilight to meet the humanized Mane 5. Got Fluttershy and Rarity so far, and Pinkie will be easy, but it's AJ and RD I'm having a bit of trouble with. But don't worry, I am going to get this done!

That was a nice fanfic to read on my free time
Thx for the free experience

it would be even interesting if undertale’s world was actually was actually the human world in the equestria girls movie in which twi,frisk and asriel and spike go in and they find themselves of course in canterlot high where of course monsters are aswell and maybe you can sans in aswell to make it interesting if your making a Eq girls chapter ;)

10629163

10629187
Yeah i perfer twilight x flash than well that :twilightoops:

Twilight teleported her circle of friends to a balcony and grinned. "Everything is gonna be just fine!" she laughed, embracing them all.

Oh, I wouldn't be so sure of that, princess.

10865575
Continue with this story?

Login or register to comment