• Published 31st Jul 2020
  • 4,027 Views, 795 Comments

Scoti Alaw Prewett - SamuelK28



Scootaloo discovers she's not from this dimension and it is time for her to return home to attend magic school. A CMC at Hogwarts story.

  • ...
21
 795
 4,027

PreviousChapters Next
The Hogwarts Hawk 2/Quidditch 3: Slytherin vs. Ravenclaw

The Hogwarts Hawk

Bringing you your weekly Hogwarts News

February 23rd 1992 – Special Edition (2nd Edition)

SNAKES SLAUGHTER RAVENS

- Slytherin smash Ravenclaw 420-60 in torrential wind and rain.
- Marcus Flint of Slytherin earns Player of Match Award scoring twenty-three goals.
- Eliza Kingston now unable to bring Quidditch Cup back to Ravenclaw in her final year as captain. Leaves field in tears.

There will be no fairy-tale ending for Eliza Kingston this year after Ravenclaw’s limp defeat to Slytherin in the pouring rain yesterday afternoon. It was always going to prove to be a significantly difficult task to achieve for one of Hogwarts most talented, yet controversial, figures on the Quidditch field after their shock defeat to Hufflepuff, especially against a ruthless, highly drilled Slytherin side who showed they won’t let any of the other houses take the Quidditch or House Cups from them without a serious fight after seven years of dominance. Not that any of us in the other houses really care about the slimebucket Slytherins, but there were calls for Marcus Flint to resign as captain after Slytherins first Quidditch loss in three years, harsh, but winning at all costs has always been the standard they’ve set for themselves and it showed from the off here. Knowing that defeat would end their seven-year hold on the Inter-House Quidditch cup, the Slytherins stormed, pardon the pun, out the box with a simple message of attack, score plenty and win, with or without catching the Golden Snitch. Marcus Flint played like a man fearing for his life as he urged his team to lay siege to the Ravenclaw rings despite the risk of leaving their own keeper and rings exposed at the other end, similar to Ravenclaw’s tactics against Hufflepuff earlier in the year. The difference here though was that combined with the torrential wind and rain hampering Ravens keeper Robert Hilliard, the Slytherins were clinical. Eight goals were scored in the opening five minutes alone with Flint scoring six of those and setting up the other two for Adrian Pucey through some breath-taking team routines and individual brilliance. Despite Kingston attempting to rally her troops with a number of counter attacks over the next five minutes to half the deficit, Slytherin then went to another level. Fifteen unanswered goals in the next fifteen minutes, all from Marcus Flint, who despite his brilliance and the fact the win was now a formality, still looked like a mountain troll dying from dysentery. In the end, when Terence Higgs finally caught the Snitch for Slytherin after just over a little more than half an hour of play gone, it was more of a mercy killing for the bedraggled and rain soaked Ravenclaws who had been blown away by the ferocity of their opposition and unable to match them for long periods. Kingston didn’t even shake anybody’s hand as she left the field swiftly after the final whistle, although our inside source here at the Hawk informed us that this was purely due to a combination of exhaustion and a whole host of overwhelming emotions, apparently even admitting she may possibly step down before the final game of the season. Overall, this may well have been one of the saddest and cruellest ends to one of Ravenclaw’s true great modern Quidditch stars time here at Hogwarts, but time shall tell if she can bring just one more special performance for us against Gryffindor in May. Furthermore, Slytherin are certainly not out of the Quidditch cup yet and based on this performance even if luck does strike twice somehow for Hufflepuff, there is no way in hell they’ll beat this Slytherin side, Joanne MacGyver.

Teams, goal scorers, stats and more on the back!

Author's Note:

I'm not sure anyone is really interested in how these two get on in their match, so have a very rushed, 1 hour when I should be sleeping, news article summary covering match 3 of the Quidditch cup. EDIT: Completely Re--written, now with 100% Slytherin bashing. Poor Joanne got a week''s detention from Snape for this so please give her some love.

PreviousChapters Next