• Published 31st Jul 2020
  • 4,038 Views, 795 Comments

Scoti Alaw Prewett - SamuelK28



Scootaloo discovers she's not from this dimension and it is time for her to return home to attend magic school. A CMC at Hogwarts story.

  • ...
21
 795
 4,038

PreviousChapters Next
Thursday part 2: Come Fly With Me

After a heart to heart with Madam Pomfrey whilst Dumbledore and Professor Sprout observed, Scootaloo was reluctantly released by the Matron. This was strictly though on the grounds that if the nightmares got too bad, if the memories ever got to much for her, or if she ever felt emotionally low for any reason, she was to return at once to the infirmary or at minimum seek one of the professors to have a chat with. Almost exactly the same instructions as Dumbledore had provided her with after her accident on the first day.

By the time she made it to the Great Hall, lunch was half over. Apple Bloom and Sweetie were shocked when she pounced upon them and pulled them into a hug.

“Thanks girls, for everything.” She murmured, before slowly letting them go and taking a seat, grabbing a sandwich in the process. “Man am I hungry. Oh, hey Wally, you’re back.”

“Bitch, where you been.” The bird spouted before vomiting a letter up on the table.

“I missed you to, you old fool. And for me, you are to kind.” Scootaloo replied passing the bird a cracker from her robes as she scratched under his beak causing him to trill happily.

Sweetie and Apple Bloom were still standing in stunned silence where they’d been yanked up into an impromptu hug. Most the table were also looking across awkwardly at the newcomer.

Sighing Scootaloo put down her sandwich for a moment and spoke. “I’m guessing you are wondering what all that was about and where I’ve been. I’m guessing you’ve probably heard from the girls and Susan that I had a bit of a mental breakdown after class. I’m not going to go into it in great detail other than imagine witnessing the almost entire eradication of your family from the unforgiveable curses whilst all you could do was watch. Oh, and at the same time knowing they were sacrificing themselves all because of you. Thanks to my adoptive father I have these memories and although they may not be pleasant, I wouldn’t get rid of them for the world. They are the only images and memories I have of my family, my parents especially, and not only could I not bear to know what they looked like, I feel it would also dishonour their memories and the sacrifice they made to ensure I lived.”

Every first year, bar one, stared at her in disbelief.

“Also, Lucius Malfoy will be getting a rather nice letter informing him his position as the head of the board of governors has been terminated with immediate effect. Now, let’s see what’s in this letter.” Scootaloo added before a pair of arms wrapped themselves around her.

“You are one tough cookie Scootaloo.” Susan quipped. “I understand you probably don’t want to talk about such memories, but you ever need someone to talk to about such things feel free to find me and I’d be happy to share a few of mine.” She finished releasing the girl.

Apple Bloom and Sweetie were only now starting to come out of shock.

“Thanks Susan, I’m glad to know that and the same applies. You ever wish to speak to me about such things let me know.” Scootaloo replied going over the letter as a photo fell out. Her eyes nearly bulged out of her skull upon reading the last part and her cheeks turned scarlet looking at the photo before her wings flared out nearly catching Apple Bloom in the face as she retook her seat next to her.

“Hey watch it with those things. What’s got you so flustered all of a sudden.”

The tone had almost immediately shifted, with the first years’ faces going from shocked to intrigued.

“Err, Apple Bloom. Please don’t throw me in the lake.” She hesitantly passed the letter and photo over.

“Pfft, and why would I do that.” She took the letter and without much tact opted to read it aloud for everyone.

Dear Squirt and friends,

Thank you for your last letter. Yes, Pinkie informed us that you had received your Cutie Marks and the fact that you’d all been sorted into the same house as well as it standing for loyalty and honesty. We’re both super proud of all three of you and happy to see you fitting in so well. Flying on broomsticks sounds weird! Anyway, not much going on around here, Twilight had a total meltdown at one point as she didn’t have a friendship problem to report and I got a pet tortoise called tank along with breaking both my left legs meaning I won’t be performing the running of the leaves this year. Otherwise it has all been rather quiet and boring the past few weeks, which bizarrely, I’ve quite enjoyed. Must be getting old. Hopefully once my legs heal me and AJ can do another Iron Pony contest to make things a bit livelier. On that note I’d just like to thank you for your destruction of that tower, it kind of won me a bet with AJ that you three couldn’t go a week at your new school without causing a major incident. She had to choose one of three punishments and you can see in the attached photo what she opted for. You may think that was a little harsh of me and I do apologise for using you and your friends for my gain, but it did finally make me realise just how much and how deeply I care for Applejack. With her being freed up from looking after Apple Bloom this past month, we’ve been able to take our friendship to the next level and last night I realised just how much I cared for her. How she makes me laugh, challenges me, is always there when I need her and knows just what to say. As per usual, I was spontaneous and am delighted to say she said YES! We are to be married next summer on the farm and hope you, Sweetie and Apple Bloom will be able to return to attend. All the best, try not to destroy to much more of the school and keep Discord out of mischief,

Rainbow Dash and Applejack.

P.S. Probably best you don’t show the photo to Apple Bloom.

Apple Bloom was so shocked she was swaying in her seat and only just managing to stop herself falling out of it. Then she saw the photo of her sister in lacy underwear and all her efforts became in vain. Red faced she fell out of her seat and landed upon the floor with a hefty thump.

“Anyone know any memory erasing spells?” She whimpered as the photo fluttered down onto the table for all the first years to see.

“Woah” was all one of the boys had to say.

*

“YOU DID WHAT!” Applejack screamed.

“Well, you did lose the bet.” Rainbow said with a smirk as her fiancée walked slightly unsteadily into the kitchen after yet another late night.

“Run” was all she got in reply.

“Err, kind of hard right now.” Rainbow said looking down at her two left legs in cast.

Applejack smiled menacingly as she cornered her injured prey.

“Err, AJ, you’re worrying me slightly.” Rainbow spoke looking for a way out as a bead of sweat dripped of her forehead.

“It might be a little early but I think I might as well take you to Rarity to try on some dresses.” Applejack said wickedly.

“What I’m not wearing no frou-frou dress I’ll wear a tux.” Rainbow growled.

“Should have thought about that before you sent that photo to my sister and her friends.” Applejack retorted grabbing her fiancée and dragging her all the way to Carousel Boutique as she kicked, struggled and screamed for mercy the entire way.

*

As the girls walked to Charms class Apple Bloom had her head in her hands, her face as red as her hair.

“I’ll never be able to get that image out of my head.” She grumbled.

Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle couldn’t help but chuckle next to her.

“Look on the bright side, at least you’re getting a cool sister in law.” Scootaloo tried to help as they entered the classroom.

“Ah, glad to see you all made it. Please take a seat and we shall continue our lesson from the other day.” Professor Flitwick called from the front of the classroom.

“Now, After Monday’s incident.” This time it was Scootaloo’s turn to become red faced, “today we shall be continuing our attempts at Lumos and its counter charm Nox. To any who manages to master this you can make a start at next weeks charms. You will see a feather upon your desk. You may attempt to lift it using Wingardium Leviosa. A description of how is written on the board and in your textbook. Don’t worry to much about this though as we will be going over it next week and I’d rather have you concentrate on Lumos. Now, lets see those wands get to work.” Flitwick commanded.

*

Although not quite as entertaining as Monday’s class, the Crusaders second Charms lesson had been similarly entertaining. Most of the students had, as was expected, struggled to master the spell in their first proper lesson on it. A select few though had flourished, Sweetie, Hermione and Scootaloo in particular. In fact, after Hermione spent much of the lesson chastising Ron over his wand action and then adorned a smug grin when she made her feather fly, Scootaloo nonchalantly cast the spell on Hermione herself causing her to scream loudly as she started to fly around the room. Professor Flitwick had been unsure whether to be impressed or to scold the girl, deciding in the end to deduct ten points from Hufflepuff for misuse of magic but also praising her for mastering such a spell so quickly. Aside from this, the boy Seamus, now sporting an eye patch, ended up setting his feather on fire using Lumos, while Apple Bloom had got into an argument with her wand and told it to do the spell itself then. This had caused Flitwick to watch in amazement as the wand floated in the air for a moment before a bright light sparked its tip. The girl had glared daggers at her wand for a few moments before sighing, taking a hold of it and after manging to cast Nox successfully went back to talking to her wand over what she needed to do differently, managing to be one of the few in the end to successfully cast the spell properly by the end of the lesson. Ultimately, Flitwick was just happy that the school was still standing.

After departing charms Scootaloo took a moment to approach a rather sorrowful looking Hermione who looked like she’d been crying.

“Hey, I’m sorry about that. I hate bullies just as much as the next person and although you may think I’m picking on you I’m simply trying to help you become a better person.” Scootaloo said encouragingly.

“Go away.” The girl sniffled attempting to turn and leave. “You are just like all the rest.”

Scootaloo grabbed her arm. “No, I’m not. I’m honestly trying to reach out here and ask for your friendship. All I’m asking is you stop being so stuck up and looking down on your fellow students. Honestly, we’re only kids once, we’re supposed to get into a bit of trouble now and again. Also, rather than snootily trying to make yourself look better than everyone else, why don’t you actually help your fellow housemates. I’m sure they’d much appreciate the help and thank you for it.”

Hermione looked at the girl in shock for a moment before uttering nervously “you really want to be my friend. I’ve honestly never had one before. You’re not just saying it as a mean prank or joke like the bullies at my old school.” She finished with a sniffle.

Scootaloo looked at the girl for a moment before making a decision. “Girls, I’ll see you out there. It’s time for another show. This time with my glamorous assistant.” And before she knew what was going on Hermione was being dragged towards the training fields.

Twenty odd students looked at each other for a moment before Sarah Roper spoke out.

“What just happened?”

“I’ve no idea, but if this is another Scootaloo acrobatic broom riding masterclass I want to see it.” Ron replied rushing off after the two girls to get to the training fields as quickly as possible.

Twenty more students soon followed in a bit of a daze.

*

Having been dragged halfway across the school Hermione wasn’t sure whether to be angry at her new supposed friend or curious as to what she had planned. As they stopped abruptly on the training field and the girl let out a sharp whistle, her curiosity had won out.

“Okay, although I’m not best pleased about having my arm nearly ripped out of its socket, I’ll bite. Just what are you planning?”

“You’ll see,” was the only reply she got.

Then as if on cue a broom came hurtling out of nowhere barrelling Scootaloo over and greeting her as if she’d been gone a whole year.

“Okay, okay, down boy” the girl managed to eek out between fits of giggles.

“Oh no” Hermione said with dread

“Oh yes” Scootaloo said rising from the ground. “We’re going for a fly.”

*

Hermione gripped onto the broom in sheer terror as they cascaded through the sky at ridiculous speed. She barely even had the time to breathe let alone scream as the broom performed all manner of death-defying stunts and tricks.

Down on the ground the rest of the first year Hufflepuffs and Gryffindors were looking on in awe once again.

“A galleon and a chocolate frog Hermione falls and seriously hurts herself.” Ron said to Harry.

“Ron, how could you!” Parvati Patel chided next to him.

“You’re on” Harry replied.

“Harry” Parvati replied astounded by the boys brazen nature to the safety of one of their housemates.

“What?” Harry responded. “I’m saying she’ll not fall of and die.”

Parvati face palmed as the crazy acrobatic show continued in the air above them.

As the ride went on though something changed within Hermione. She felt the wind rush through her hair, the coolness of it against her skin as adrenaline surged within her. For the first time in her life she felt truly alive. Her eyes opened for longer than a few seconds and she hollered out in absolute glee.

Scootaloo smiled warmly. “That’s what I wanted to see. Now, do you trust me?”

“Yes!” Came the reply.

“Then let go.”

Hermione didn’t even think twice about it as she let go of the broomstick and let herself fall through the air to the ground below.

Below cries of shock and horror rang round as Madam Hooch stepped out onto the training field and heard Ron exclaim,

“Yes, this bet is as good as won,” before Parvati whacked him round the back of the head causing his cries of jubilation to turn into ones of pain.

Wondering just what was going on this time she looked up and saw a girl falling through the air at breakneck speed towards the ground. Without even hesitating she called her broom to her side and was about to take off when a cerise and orange blur appeared from nowhere and caught the girl.

Sighing, she mumbled too herself, “why can’t that girl just keep out of trouble for five minutes?

*

Hermione felt the wind surge around her, the smell of freshly cut grass assaulting her nostrils. The ground grew ever nearer and she felt her heart beating ever faster in her chest. Then, as if out of nowhere, she stopped falling and instead was looking up at a tanned girl with a cerise mohawk and a wicked grin plastered on her face. She blushed profusely.

“So, we cool or what.” Scootaloo said with barely a flicker of emotion.

“That was unbelievable.” Hermione squealed as they came into land to a loud rapture of applause and whistling.

“Thank you, thank you, you are to kind.” Scootaloo said with a smirk as she put Hermione down and took a bow. “Please though, all the praise should go to my wonderful assistant who willingly risked her neck in that last stunt. A huge roar if you please for Hermione Granger.”

Scootaloo backed off as the crowd chanted Hermione’s name. The girl’s face went even redder before a loud cough caused everyone to stop abruptly as Madam Hooch stepped forward.

“Ah shit, I’m in trouble again aren’t I” Scootaloo sighed, resigned to her fate.

“Miss Prewett, Miss Granger, never have I seen such an irresponsible, dangerous and stupid stunt. Miss Granger, you could have been killed! You ever try something like that again without my supervision I’ll have you both cleaning toilets with a toothbrush for a week. Do I make myself clear?” Madam Hooch lambasted the two girls.

“Yes, Madam Hooch.” The two girls said, heads down.

“Good. Finally, ten points to Hufflepuff for such an amazing and daring piece of skill and ten points to Gryffindor for your bravery Miss Granger. Next time though, please ensure I’m around. Myself and the school do not need a lawsuit for a student perishing in our care. Although I certainly would love to see that trick again someday. Now come along class we have much to learn today.” Madam Hooch concluded strolling off towards the training brooms.

Hermione and Scootaloo looked at each other stunned for a moment before breaking out into unequivocal laughter holding onto each other’s shoulders too stop themselves falling over.

Finally, Scootaloo managed to squawk out. “See what I mean, kids will be kids.”

*

“Aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!” Apple Bloom cried as she was hurtled off the broom into a bush for the umpteenth time. “Oh, that does it.” She abruptly raced after said broom as it continued to fly tantalisingly just out of her reach. “You get back here you coward.”

Madam Hooch sighed. Where was the wine when she needed it? Honestly if these first years kept up, she would be forced into early retirement. Ron Weasley had started an impromptu game of quidditch with Harry Potter, Seamus Finnigan, whose broom thankfully hadn’t exploded this time, Dean Thomas and a very nervous looking Neville Longbottom on the Gryffindor team while Miss Bones, Prewett, Belle and Abbot had been joined by Ernest Macmillan for Hufflepuff. The equipment had been provided by the continually aggravating professor Discord who lay unhelpfully on a sun lounger nearby watching said game progress from behind a pair of sunglasses.

Unfortunately she’d been unable to break up the game due to having to deal with Miss Bloom’s constant troubles, Miss Granger going from one extreme to the other on her broom, now seemingly having a death wish after her ride with Scootaloo, and trying to encourage and assist the ones still struggling on their brooms.

“That’s it Miss Moon, you’re getting the hang of it now. No, Mr Finch-Fletchley you need to.” She was cut off as said boy crashed into a tree and fell to the ground howling in agony. “Miss Granger, please stop with the loop de loops. I do not wish for you to hurt yourself.” She called as she raced to the stricken boy. Hagrid, who had also seen the boy fall had managed to get there first.

“Dislocated shoulder mam. I’ve popped it back in but he’ll need to go to the infirmary to have it checked over.”

“Thank you, Hagrid. This specific bunch of first years are proving particularly hard to control.” Madam Hooch explained exasperated.

“Ow! My nose.” Came the cry above as an errant bludger caught Sweetie Belle in the face.

“Sigh, care to give me hand.” The flying teacher pleaded.

“My pleasure my dear. EVERYBODY IN RIGHT NOW. FLYING LESSONS ARE OVER FOR TODAY!” He bellowed causing everyone to pause it what they were partaking in and stare at the giant of a man.

“Thank goodness” Madam Hooch sighed with relief as the children came in reluctantly one by one.

*

“And that’s the last of the Werewolf Code of Conduct of 1637.” Sweetie finished in a squeaky muffled tone as Scootaloo and Apple Bloom tried to withhold their laughter but were failing miserably.

“Oh, ha ha, laugh at the poor girl with a broken nose’s funny voice. Very mature girls.” Sweetie chided, glaring daggers at her two best friends who had now broken into full hysterical laughter. Even after a visit to Madam Pomfrey and the use of magic to assist in fixing it, it had still required heavy bandaging and stinting to ensure it healed properly. The worst was yet to come when she was told this would have to stay on for a whole week! The fact it made it difficult to breathe was bad enough, but her now squeaky high-pitched voice was just too embarrassing for words.

“I’m sorry Squeaky Belle, but I just can’t help myself.” Scootaloo managed to muster, before falling over in laughter once more.

“Yeah, same here.” Apple Bloom added falling back into a fit of giggles.

“Lets just move onto our remaining Herbology homework and ensure our Potions homework is also up to scratch for tomorrow before bed.”

She watched as her friends broke into another laughing fit.

*

Lucius Malfoy seethed. Two letters sat upon his desk. It had to be that girl. That blasted girl. She had been the only loose end from his time in the Death Eaters and now she had almost certainly provided the information that had seen so many years of hard work destroyed in an instant. How had she possibly obtained anything that incriminated him he had no idea, but it was worthless to appeal and let such information possibly leak into the media. Yes, he could once again use the Imperious Curse excuse, but there were only so many times he could use this and bribes he could issue before people got to suspicious. He also did not want his son to suffer from inadequate teaching because of his actions. No, it was better to simply try and cover this up and make it clear that he had resigned from his post due to having to many other obligations to devote his time to the position. Yes, that would do nicely. It had also not worked out well that Draco wasn’t in the same classes as either the Prewett girl or the Potter boy this year. Blasted fate was a fickle thing. Sighing he sat down and started with the replies. Why couldn’t the Prewett girl have just remained wherever the hell she disappeared to. She would now need to be dealt with soon, but he had to be careful, especially considering this mysterious guardian of hers who claimed to be an actual God had turned up to make matters even harder. Swirling the brandy in his glass, Lucius plotted late into the night.

Author's Note:

I'd just like you to know these chapters have very little planning. Thursday was simply Defence Against The Dark Arts and Flying class part 2. That was pretty much it. Then I write something down and it ends up developing into a whole chapter somehow. Next up Potions followed by Divination and then their first weekend. But first I need to do some planning over just what each chapter, i.e. spells being learned, will be contained in upcoming chapters, time skipping is incoming!

PreviousChapters Next