• Published 24th Aug 2020
  • 320 Views, 0 Comments

A Friend In Need - Vietmane Veteran



A Just Shapes and Beats crossover.

  • ...
 0
 320

Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

Discord stared intently as he examined the creature before him. "What a peculiar specimen. It shines with an inner light, yet it doesn't travel past the skin in certain light levels. The face is so plain, yet, so expressional. And the creature itself is so shy. What do you think of it, Shutterfly?" he asked, a second head appearing in the air to look at Rainbow Dash.

Rainbow pointed at Fluttershy with a hoof. "Wrong female," she said simply as a dust-dragon flew overhead.

The second head merged into the first, as Discord continued examining Fluttershy. "But you said that you brought me a specimen called Friend," he said. "And is Fluttershy not my friend and yours, Rainbow Dash?"

Rainbow stopped hitting the dust-dragon to try and process what Discord said. ". . . We brought you a coal named Fiendish- What are you doing to my speaking pattern, Discord, Handsome Lord of Chaos? Hey!"

Discord gave a deep laugh. "Oh, lighten up, Rainbow Dash! Have some fun! It's delicious!"

"Um, Discord?" Fluttershy asked.

"Ee-Yuus?" Discord responded, bending close.

"Remember why we're here?"

Discord frowned. "That Twilight is a bad influence on you. But yes, I know why you're here!" He changed into a lion tamer's outfit. A bench appeared right-side-up out of the ceiling, which was above their heads. "Step right up!"

Friend looked at Discord, and at the stool. ". . . How?" He looked around at everything. "There's no rhythm. There is no rhythm."

"Well, Prince Zuku, the point of this chaos is to have fun, not order! Now, then, you have two triangles capable of creating new life on your head, and that's keeping you cured. But anger will bring you to Fiend. Rainbow Crash, stop trying to speak. That won't happen until you leave this dimension," Discord stated. Rainbow Dash was covered in sleeping dust-dragons, stuck floating in the middle of the room and attempting to complain. Discord continued; "You are too conflicted to choose a side, as both halves of you have full devotion to their king, such devotion that even your other half can feel it. Now leave."

"Discord, isn't there more you can tell us?" Fluttershy asked.

"Well, yes, but I can't tell you the entire campaign. Heck, I already told too much about this PC," Discord said as Rainbow's dust-dragons went into her nose; she blasted off as she began sneezing.

"Oh, Rainbow! Keep your mouth closed, and the sneezing will hurt less! And Discord, what did you mean?" Fluttershy demanded.

Discord became a round version of himself as he thought. "Well, the campaign is two sessions, unless you separated each session into days. And Twilight may decide to follow her alignment to a particular trouble-maker, instead of to her friends and the Elements and what they stand for. Well, perhaps she will be following Loyalty, but for what we can call the wrong cause. And that's all I can tell you. Are we still up for tea next week?"

Fluttershy gave a sigh, shaking her head. She smiled. "Oh, alright. I suppose the hints you gave us could be recognized at the event. And yes, we're still up for tea." Rainbow Dash drifted by her, her nose red from the heavy sneezing she had done. She tried to say something, but no sound was heard.

"How wonderful! Shall we?" Discord began rolling oddly, like someone rolling a cube. He stopped. "Oh, wait! Favorite numbers! I know yours are two, because we have tea for the both of us every two weeks. Rainbow's is lucky number six, for the colors in her mane and tail. Friend?"

"Err, I'm not sure. Four, six, and twelve, I guess," Friend answered.

"Perfect. Mine is eight. Or two-hundred eighty-nine. Now follow me!" Discord continued his odd rolling movements.

(Editor's Note: I'm aware my story may be confusing, but my friends like it.)