• Published 31st Jul 2020
  • 722 Views, 59 Comments

Descendants of the Isle - Melody Song



Four villain children. One prince determined to turn them good. One royal school. And a whole lot of drama.

  • ...
9
 59
 722

Plotting

“What?!” all the kids asked as one

“No. I’m not going to some boarding school filled with prissy princesses.” Tempest said, shaking her head.

“And perfect princes!” the alicorn put in, and Tempest glared at her.

“Lu!”

“...Ew… princes…” she said softly. The changeling spoke up.

“Yeah, and I don’t do uniforms. Unless it’s my leather jacket. Ya feel me bro?” he turned to the other changeling colt, who nodded in confirmation.

The griffon stepped forwards “Um… Gilda told me they allow cats in Equus, and Gruff says they’re ferocious beasts…”

“Yeah!” the brown griffon, Gilda, said, walking up. “Grandpa Guff says any cats smaller than the lions from which we’re bred are unnatural. Gallus shouldn’t go, it’s dangerous.”

The changeling snuck up behind them and meowed, making Gallus spin around and swat at him. Tempest rolled her eyes at their antics, then turned back to her father.

“Point is dad, we’re not going.”

“You’re thinking small, hurricane. It’s about world domination. Goons!” he snapped his fingers and the yeti goons started to walk away. He followed them, calling out in a sing-song voice. “Tempest~”

Tempest sighed and led her friends after him. Cosmos continued talking as they walked.

“You will go. You will find the crown of the current leader; Rising Dawn’s original crown; and bring it back. Easy peasy.”

“What’s in it for us?” Tempest asked

“Matching thrones... armor complete with weapons…”

“I think she meant us.” Gallus said as they entered the large house that the group’s parents lived in.

“It’s all about me and my darling daughter.” Cosmos said nonchalantly, placing a hand on Tempest’s shoulder. “Don’t you enjoy watching innocent creatures suffer, Tempest?”

“Of course, who doesn’t?” Tempest replied as the her father sat down on a makeshift throne he’d created.

“Then get me the crown and we can see all that and so much more as I claim the throne. With that crown and my Staff we can bend both good and evil to my will.” Cosmos grabbed the mentioned staff and grinned as he held it.

“Our will."

They all turned to see Queen Chrysalis lounging on a couch. She was seated beside Nyxmare Moon.

“Yes, yes, our will.” Cosmos then snapped his fingers to get Tempest’s attention again. “And if you refuse, you’ll be grounded for the rest of your life, and you’re not getting your horn restored."

Tempest's eyes widened and she reached up to rub the base of her broken horn. The other kids all stopped whispering to each other and looked over to the two.

"He's poked the Ursa now..." Gallus murmured, then covered his beak as he remembered the creature responsible for the shattered horn in the first place. "Er, not like that-" he was cut off by a jab in the ribs by Gilda.

"But, dad-"

"Don't give me that. If you haven’t learned to listen then you deserve that reminder.”

“What? Dad-” Tempest tried to object, but her father clasped a hand over her muzzle. They began glaring at each other, until finally, Tempest pulled away. “Fine, whatever.”

“Yes! I win!” Cosmos proceeded to do a small dance.

“Luna, my little nightmare in training!” Nyxmare called, and the young alicorn trotted to her mother. “You just find yourself a prince with a big castle, a mother-in-law wing…”

“And a kingdom to spell in eternal night!” they said together, Luna beaming.

“Oh, don’t laugh, wrinkles!” Nyxmare warned “They’re not going to fear someone who looks a hundred years old.”

“Well they’re not taking Gallus! I’d miss him too much!” Gruff stalked over, and Gallus and Gilda did a double take.

“You would?” Gallus asked

“Yes! Who would help Gilda touch up my feathers, fluff my fur and file my claws?” he asked, shoving a file at Gallus and a brush at Gilda.

“You know, maybe a new school wouldn’t be the worst thing…” Gallus sighed

“Can I come with you?” Gilda asked pleadingly, at which Gruff scoffed.

“Gallus, they have cats in Equus.”

“Oh no, I’m not going!” Gallus ducked behind Gilda.

“Well Pharynx isn’t going either.” Queen Chrysalis dragged the changeling colt over with her green aura. “I need him to stock my hoard. What did you score?” she asked

Pharynx grinned and revealed the artifact he'd stolen. Chrysalis gasped.

“The Talisman of Mirage!” she grasped it and aimed at a table.

“Mom, I already checked, it’s a fake…” Pharynx told her

“Gah!” she tossed it furiously at the wall.

“But mom’s right. I need to stay and look after Thorax and Ocellus.” Pharynx glanced at the other changelings, who walked up to him.

Pharynx ran a hoof over Ocellus’ head. Thorax leaned against Pharynx as the older changeling fed his brother some love.

“Well Luna’s not going anywhere until we can get rid of this unibrow.” Nyxmare said, and Luna gasped, horn lighting up as she snatched a nearby mirror.

“What is wrong with all of you?!” Cosmos slammed his staff on the ground and they all looked to him. “Creatures used to cower at the mention of our names! For twenty years we’ve been on this island, for twenty years we were robbed of revenge. Revenge on Rising Dawn and her precious sun!”

“Bah!” Nyxmare stomped a hoof in aggravation. Cosmos turned to Chrysalis.

“Revenge on Amore and her love.”

“Grr...pesky little Princess, I’d like to stick her in-”

“Mom!” Pharynx exclaimed as Thorax covered their little sister’s ears. Cosmos finally turned to Gruff.

“Revenge on the yaks and their riches, and every tiny kitten that evaded your talons.”

“Oh, but they didn’t get mama’s tail!” Gruff held up a cat tail, laughing madly. “They didn’t get mama’s tail!”

“And I, The Storm King, mightiest of them all, will finally get revenge on those pesky ponies and friendship and saving hippogriffs and blah-blah-blah." he said, then grew serious. "Villains!”

“Yes?” Nyxmare asked

“What?” Chrysalis groaned

“Our day has come. NM, give her the crystal.” Cosmos ordered, and Nyxmare nodded, horn lighting up.

Nyxmare opened a box with her magic and brought it over, lifting up an oval shaped object, with smooth surfaces. It was a brilliant transparent crystal.

“The moon crystal. It’s not what it used to be but neither are we. It will help you find things.”

“Like a prince!” Luna cried as she lifted it up

“Like money!” Gruff called

“Like love...delicious, delicious love.” Chrysalis butted in

“Like the crown, hello!” Cosmos interrupted. “Now...I need that book...where-ah, the safe!”

He stood and walked to the purple fridge and struggled with the lock. Tempest eyed the other kids, rolling her eyes. They nodded back in agreement. Their parents called a fridge a safe. Either they were old, or just idiots. Possibly both.

“Ack! Queen, help me!” Cosmos eventually cried in exasperation

Chrysalis sighed, lit up her horn, and opened it. “Voila.”

“Yes, the spell...come hurricane!” Cosmos called to his daughter as he grabbed a small book and opened it.

Tempest trotted over, now curious. She had never seen that book before, and she'd read all the ones she and the others had managed to find and store in the house. Cosmos flipped through this new book.

“There she is." he murmured, turning to Tempest. "This was your mother’s spellbook. It won’t work here, but once you’re past the barrier it will. Remember? When we were out spreading evil...ruining lives…” he turned to the other villains.

“Like it was yesterday.” Nyxmare said

“And now you four will be making your own memories by doing exactly as I tell you.” Cosmos said, at which the kids groaned. “Now let’s go, the carriage is coming to take you to Equus.”

“Oh…” Pharynx looked at his siblings as Luna rushed to get her things packed and Tempest reluctantly headed out the door.

“Don’t worry, we’ll be okay.” Thorax told him, giving him a smile through his fangs. “I’ll take care of ‘Cellus.”

“We’ll watch out for each other.” Ocellus added

“Gallus! Come!” Gruff ordered

“What’s the greatest time of day?” Nyxmare asked Luna

“Night.” Luna replied

“Yes! Now go!” Nyxmare led her outside

“Pharynx! The mantra!” Chrysalis said, blocking his path. Pharynx had put on a black leather jacket he usually wore.

“It’s just me, myself, and I.” Pharynx replied

“Good boy.” she nudged him forwards.

Cosmos stood with Tempest, who had placed the spellbook in her bag. She was still wearing her cloak, which she pulled over her head to block the view of her horn.

“The future of the free world rests on your shoulders. Don’t blow it Tempest.” he told her.

Tempest nodded gravely, showing him that she understood. She walked to the carriage, tossing her bag into the chest at the back where things like luggage were stored. She then climbed in, ignoring the guard offering a hoof but accepting a hoof up from Pharynx.

“It smells like common ponies out here.” Nyxmare grunted.

“Gallus!”

Gruff burst from the house as Gallus flew out, a bag in his talons. They could see Gilda blocking Gruff from getting to him. He tossed it into the storage chest and flew into the carriage, drawing a shriek of alarm from Luna and grunts of annoyance from Tempest and Pharynx.

“The Timberwolves have landed.” the guard spoke into an earpiece, and then climbed into the driver’s seat.

“Bring home love!” Chrysalis called

“Bring home a kitten!” Gruff yelled

“Bring home a prince!” Nyxmare shouted, and the carriage began to move, headed for the edge of the island.