• Published 31st Jul 2020
  • 721 Views, 59 Comments

Descendants of the Isle - Melody Song



Four villain children. One prince determined to turn them good. One royal school. And a whole lot of drama.

  • ...
9
 59
 721

The Unexpected Twist

Author's Note:

Okay, well, maybe not "unexpected" twist because I'm sure whoever is reading this that has seen Descendants will know what's coming, but I'm keeping it vague for those who possibly haven't seen Descendants. Enjoy!

~Melody Song

“There you are!” Luna cried as Tempest trotted in. “Here’s your gown for the coronation, now I’ve got to give these to Pharynx and Gallus!”

Luna levitated a beautiful purple dress to Tempest, then grabbed two suits, one violet and black and the other gold and royal blue, and raced out. Tempest sighed as she carried the dress to the mirror, shutting the door to the room behind her. She began to put on the dress.

The dress was long, with electric blue highlights to the deep purple. It had a magenta sash around it, with some armored plates on the sleeves. The shoes were a dark purple, nearly black. Tempest turned to look at herself, and decided she didn’t look half bad. The only problem she had with it was that it didn’t have a hood to conceal her horn with. This was most likely intentionally done by Luna.

The door opened and Tempest turned to see who it was. Luna trotted in with Gallus and Pharynx behind her. They were wearing the suits Luna had run out with, Gallus was holding Monarch, who was dressed up in a little white button-up shirt with a black bow tie.

“Woah... Temp…” Pharynx said upon seeing her.

Luna walked by Tempest as she scooped up the remaining outfit. “Get ‘em filly, live a little.” she whispered as she passed.

Tempest blushed at the comment, but Luna entered the bathroom to change before she could reply. Pharynx walked closer, looking very handsome in his violet purple suit with black trims. He smiled at Tempest, fangs showing.

“Nervous?”

“A bit…” Tempest admitted, and Pharynx reached to hug her.

“Don’t worry. Your plan’s amazing, it’s gonna work.”

“Thanks Phar…” Tempest blushed harder, and Pharynx glanced at Gallus, who nodded at him.

“Um... Tempest…” Pharynx let go of her and looked down at the ground with his solid lavender eyes. Tempest noticed he was blushing. “Listen, I have something to tell you.”

“What is it?” Tempest asked

“Well... I’ve been trying to figure out for a while why I get so nervous around you. I’m kind of embarrassed to admit that I didn’t see it sooner... I mean, I’m a changeling, after all.”

“What are you saying Phar?” Tempest asked him

“I’m saying…” Pharynx took a breath. “I love you.” he admitted

Tempest’s eyes went wide, as Luna exited the bathroom. She was dressed in a midnight blue gown with black accents. The skirt was a dark blue, but had another part that came over it, a transparent blue fabric, with white sparkles within that were designed to look like constellations. Luna looked around at them all.

“Did I miss something?”

Tempest gulped and her mouth opened. “Say that again.” she told Pharynx.

“Tempest Shadow, I’m in love with you.” Pharynx said, and Tempest hesitated, then smiled.

“That’s what I wanted to hear.”

She stepped closer to him, and slipped a hoof around his neck. Tempest raised his head and kissed him, ignoring how his fangs made it awkward. Pharynx broke the kiss, a goofy smile on his face.

“Oh wow. That was a lot of love.” he then burped, covering his mouth. Tempest laughed and nuzzled his cheek.

“Aww, how romantic.” Luna sighed, smiling.

“Heh…” Pharynx and Tempest both blushed. Pharynx then reached a hoof up and brushed it along the scar on Tempest’s eye. “You’re beautiful Temp.”

“...You’re pretty handsome too, bug.” Tempest said, pecking him on the cheek.

There was a knock at the door, and Luna opened it with her magic. Sandbar was standing there, wearing a pale sea green button up shirt, with an emerald green blazer that had golden buttons and a pin on the lapel. He smiled as he walked in.

“Now, how did I know you were going to be in here?” he teased, seeing Gallus. “You look amazing, Gallus. You ready?”

“I think so.” Gallus smiled at him, and Sandbar grinned back.

Gallus walked after Sandbar as he left the room, Monarch on his back. The griffon glanced back at them and opened his wing slightly, revealing a box where the cure for the love spell no doubt was.

“Good luck.” Tempest mouthed, and he nodded his thanks.

“So, what now?” Luna asked

“I found a spell and managed to teleport our bags to just outside the school. Once we have the crown, we can pick them up before opening the barrier. All that’s left to do... is go to the coronation.” Tempest said

“Shouldn’t be too bad, now that I have a gorgeous date.” Pharynx said, extending a hoof.

Tempest blushed and accepted his hoof. “As do I.” she teased, then looked at Luna. “You’re okay with not having an actual…?”

“I’m fine…” Luna sighed “I just...I wish Dropsy and I could’ve…”

“Dropsy? Oh, you mean Snowdrop.” Pharynx said, and Luna blushed

“I know what mother said about fillyfoolers, but she and I had a connection. It would have been nice to go, just as friends…” Luna then looked up, smiling. “Don’t worry about it, I’m happy you two finally figured it out. Now let’s get going, we don’t want to be late.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“And at last, here we are, broadcasting live from the coronation where Prince Sandbar will soon be crowned King! I’m Princess Skystar, bringing you up to the second coverage of this spectacular event!” the yellow hippogriff with a blue mane announced.

On the Hidden Isle, the parents of the villain kids in Equus watched using a tv that Thorax, Pharynx, Ocellus, Tempest, and Gallus had made together. Their other kids were watching as well, hiding behind the couch to watch.

“Ugh, I will forever resent the day the ponies rose up and saved those dumb hippogriffs.” Cosmos muttered, tossing popcorn at the tv.

On the tv, they saw Rising Dawn walking up, levitating at her side a glass container where her golden crown rested on a velvet pillow. Celestia lingered at her side, trying to hide from the cameras to avoid revealing her mane.

“Ooh, Rising Dawn looks simply radiant!” Princess Skystar said “But...what is going on with Celestia’s mane? Oh, and there’s the crown!”

“I want that crown…” Cosmos said, reaching for the screen as if he could pull it from the tv.

“Do you? I had no idea.” Chrysalis said sarcastically, and he huffed.

“Oh, here comes Sandbar now!”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back on Equus, Sandbar sat beside Gallus in their carriage. Gallus was clearly nervous, fidgeting and gripping the box with the anti-love spell tightly. Monarch was mewing as he sat between them, granted this place of honor at Sandbar’s insistence. Sandbar placed a hoof on Gallus’ claw soothingly, and he looked up.

“Don’t worry, all you need to do is stand there and look handsome. No problem there.” he said, and Gallus blushed, smiling softly.

“Thank you.” Gallus whispered

“Gallus... would you wear my pin?” Sandbar gestured to the pin on his suit. It had a green gem in the center.

“Oh, I don’t know, I’d probably lose it.” Gallus pushed his offering hoof away gently. “I... I have something for you.”

“Really? For me?”

“Yeah.” Gallus passed Sandbar the box, which he opened to reveal a small chocolate cupcake.

“Like the one you had on our first date.”

“Heh, yeah…” Gallus blushed. “It’s for after the coronation, you know, keep up your energy.”

“Aw, always thinking, aren’t you?” Sandbar asked, then lifted up the cupcake. “But I can’t wait.”

“No!” Gallus cried, reaching, but Sandbar had already put the whole thing in his mouth.

“Mm... Gallus, this is really great!” Sandbar said as he chewed.

“Um, do you feel okay?”

“Of course, why?”

“I mean... would you say you’re still... in love with me?” Gallus asked

“Mm... not sure. Let’s give the anti-love potion a minute to work.” Sandbar said, and Gallus nodded, looking ahead, then registered what Sandbar had said.

“Wait, what?”

Sandbar looked over, smiling and laughing slightly. Gallus stared at him.

“You knew?”

“That you guys spelled me, yeah, I knew.”

“I... Sandbar, I can-”

“Don’t worry.” Sandbar said, smiling slightly “I get it, you had a crush on me, I was still with Yona, you didn’t trust it would happen on its own and asked the others for help, right?”

“R-right, yeah.” Gallus said, glancing away momentarily, then looking back. “How long have you known?”

“Since our first date. The spell washed away in the Enchanted Lake I took you to.”

E-Enchanted Lake?”

“Yeah.”

“S-so what, you’ve just been... faking it since then?” Gallus asked, feeling a lump rise in his throat as he feared the things Celestia and Yona had said were coming true.

Instead of responding, Sandbar unclipped the pin, and carefully fastened it to Gallus’ suit. As Gallus looked down at it, then up at Sandbar, the colt lifted the griffon’s claw in his hoof and kissed it gently.

“I haven’t been faking anything.” he assured Gallus, as the carriage pulled up. “Ready?”

“Y-yeah. Ready.” Gallus said, picking up Monarch and situating him in his claw, before stepping out of the carriage, Sandbar behind him.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Through the tv on the Hidden Isle, the group of parents and siblings all recognized who it was exiting the carriage beside Sandbar.

“Well if it isn’t-” Nyxmare began

“My grandson! Looking like some kind of fa-”

“Very Princely.” Skystar spoke on screen, cutting off Gruff. “Let’s see who this handsome fellow is wearing…” she lifted up a card in her claw. “Luna.”

“Lu-that’s my dau...Luna!” Nyxmare stammered

“A pony named Luna designed his suit. Well, folks, it seems we have another rising fashion star.”

“That’s my daughter!” Nyxmare cried

“Oh joy, she sewed an outfit for a disgusting little gay grub.” Chrysalis sneered.

Thorax and Ocellus then had to restrain Gilda, whose eyes were nearly overflowing with tears of rage as she clearly made to strangle the Queen. Ocellus was fighting back tears at her mother's comments, and Thorax had to stop himself from letting go of Gilda to comfort his sister.

“I don’t understand it! What’s going on, that should be Tempest!” Cosmos exclaimed, then sighed “Oh well, who cares, so long as she can still nab the crown.”

“Bitter, party of one.” Nyxmare remarked

“Gallus! Oh, when I get my claws on him!”

“Quit your whining, this has got to be part of their plan!” Cosmos snapped

“Make that bitter, party of two.” Chrysalis told Nyxmare, who nodded

“It’s happening, creatures!” Cosmos rose to his feet. “Villains! Our revenge begins today!”

Gilda, Thorax, and Ocellus looked at each other, all nervous. As their parents stood to gather what was necessary for taking over, they snuck to the tv. The three sat down and watched the screen, focusing on Gallus and looking for the others.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Far away from the Hidden Isle, in Equus, Sandbar and Gallus approached Sandbar’s parents.

“About Family day, I just…” Gallus tried to say, but Sea Kelp held up a hoof to stop him.

“I told Sandbar this wasn’t going to be easy.”

“You also have always taught me that a king has to believe in himself. Even when it isn’t easy.”

“I did? Well, how very wise of me.” Sea Kelp said, chuckling slightly. Shell Scallop took over.

“Sandbar, we are very proud of you. Keep listening to your heart.” she told him

“Thanks mom.” Sandbar looked to his father, who put a hoof on his shoulder.

“You’re going to make a great king.” he said, eyes shining with pride.

“Oh…” Gallus looked at the guard that approached “Do I…”

“Go with him and my parents, okay? I’ve got to get in position, wish me luck.” Sandbar gave Gallus a quick nuzzle before they went in separate directions.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Come on, don’t blow it kid…” Gilda whispered “We’re counting on you-ack!”

“Move!” Cosmos barged in, knocking the three kids aside before giving them a chance to comply to his order.

Rising Dawn was standing at the dais, Sandbar in front of her, Gallus and Sandbar’s parents standing off to the side. Gallus cradled Monarch in one claw, watching silently.

“Do you solemnly swear to govern the creatures of Equus with justice and mercy for as long as you shall reign?” Rising Dawn asked Sandbar

“Oh just grab it already!” Cosmos muttered “This is why Tempest is the leader!”

Sandbar bowed. “I do solemnly swear.”

“Then it is my honor and joy to bless you, our new king!”

As Rising Dawn lowered the crown, about to place it on Sandbar’s head, it was surrounded by a yellow aura and yanked away. There were gasps of shock from the crowd.

“Yes!” Cosmos raised his arms in celebration as the crown fired off a beam of light.

Gilda, Thorax, and Ocellus held each other as the whole Isle shook.

“The barrier is broken, we’re free!” Nyxmare exclaimed

“Staff, now!”

Cosmos grabbed his staff and the jewel ignited. He laughed madly as storm clouds swirled around him, and he was gone. The Storm King was free once more. Nyxmare, Chrysalis, and Gruff flew after him just as quickly.

“We’ve gotta do something!” Ocellus said

“Come on!”

Gilda took off, followed by Thorax and Ocellus. They flew as fast as their wings would take them, following a different path so as not to be seen by their parents. They had to make it to Equus, to warn their siblings. The four most hated villains in Equus history were back. And if they managed to reach the mainland, they'd go for whatever they wanted, and wouldn't be taking no for an answer.