• Published 31st Jul 2020
  • 721 Views, 59 Comments

Descendants of the Isle - Melody Song



Four villain children. One prince determined to turn them good. One royal school. And a whole lot of drama.

  • ...
9
 59
 721

Prologue: How It All Began

Once upon a time, a long, long time ago, well... okay, maybe more like twenty years ago, all the kingdoms of Equestria came together in unity, harmony, and peace to have a huge celebration. Yeah. Big cake. Queen Rising Dawn of Alicornia, and the one true leader of Equestria, decided to step down. Huge shock, right? Well, it was in favor of two ponies, Shell Scallop and her new husband, King Sea Kelp. The King had been cursed to roam the world as a sea monster until Shell, the fair maiden villager or whatever they call same-old-heroines like her, changed him back with... wait for it... the power of love. Shocker. Not. Even worse than the story of how Chrysalis was defeated by Amore. Love. Always love. Shouldn't be surprised by now.

Anyway... the other leaders decided the couple would be the perfect example that good will always triumph over evil. So, together, they founded the United Kingdoms of Equus. And after uniting all the lands, the leaders had the “great” idea to round up all the villains, miscreants, and minor-league antagonists-basically all the really cool creatures-and boot them off to the Hidden Isle. Queen Rising Dawn even set up a magical barrier to keep them there. This is my hood. No powerful magic. No magical artifacts. No wi-fi. No way out.

Or so we thought. Hang on, you’re about to meet us, but first, this happened:

A pony with a pale yellow-green coat, sea green mane, green eyes, and a cutie mark of three sea turtles stared out a window. He was standing on a raised platform within an elegantly decorated bedroom. It was clearly his room, patterned with yellow and aqua green. Images of turtles were on the wallpaper.

The colt on the platform in a corner of the room was being fitted for a suit. As the tailor fastened the pieces together with pins and basting stitches, the colt wasn't paying much attention. He was instead gazing out the window, staring at something in the distance. As the colt tilted his head slightly, he was suddenly corrected, his head turned forwards abruptly by the tailor, who was clearly upset about the measurements possibly being wrong.

The colt sighed and instead stared across the room, at the door. This colt was Good Prince Sandbar, heir to the throne of the United Kingdoms of Equus. And this would be happening very soon. As he shuffled his hooves, two ponies entered the room.

“How is it possible you’re going to be crowned king next month, you’re just a baby!” Sandbar's father cried. He was a green coated pony with sea blue eyes and a blue mane hanging in dreadlocks.

“Sandbar’s turning sixteen, Sea Kelp, dear.” Sandbar's mother replied to her husband. She was a yellow coated mare with a pink mane and green eyes. “It’s time.”

“Hey pops.” Sandbar, greeted, which his father, Sea Kelp, talked over.

“Only sixteen, Shell? Why, that’s far too young to be a King! I didn’t make a good decision until I was... forty-two!” Sea Kelp declared.

“You decided to marry me at twenty-eight.” Sandbar's mother, Shell Scallop, said dryly.

“Well, it was either you or a conch shell.” Sea Kelp winked, making Sandbar laugh. “Kidding, darling.”

“Mom, dad.” Sandbar began, stepping forward, which drew a commanding hiss from the tailor, and he stopped. “I’ve chosen my first official proclamation.”

“Well, let’s hear it then.” Sea Kelp said

“Yes, go on sweetie.” Shell Scallop agreed, and Sandbar took a breath.

“I’ve decided… that the children on the Hidden Isle should be given a chance to live here in Equus.” He saw the shocked looks of his parents but continued, intent on getting them on his side. “Every time I look out to the island, I feel like they’ve been abandoned.”

“Sandbar, the children of our sworn enemies, living among us?!” Sea Kelp asked, but Sandbar had an answer ready.

“We start out with a few at first, the ones that need our help the most. I’ve already selected them.”

“Oh, you have, have you?” Sea Kelp asked, still sounding angry, and Shell Scallop placed a hoof on his shoulder.

“I gave you a second chance." she soothed, then looked over to Sandbar "Who are they, sweetie?”

“First, the living relatives of the Grýpas Talons, which would be one of their children. Their grandfather Gruff-"

"The Griffon who attacked Yakyakistan?!"

Sandbar nodded timidly. "He will decide which of their children can come."

Sea Kelp looked as if he was going to protest again, but Shell Scallop placed a hoof on his shoulder and shook her head.

"Fine... who else?"

Sandbar gulped nervously. He knew that if his parents had gotten mad at Gruff, then he'd be dead once he was done.

"Well... Chrysalis... Nyxmare Moon... and... the Storm King.”

“The Storm King!?” Sea Kelp bellowed, and Sandbar flinched away. The servants in the room backed out, scared.

"Dad-"

“At least the other three merely failed to take over the lands they attacked, he actually succeeded in conquering Mount Aris!”

“Only temporarily, until we stopped him! Just hear me out, please!”

“I won’t hear of it. He’s guilty of unspeakable crimes, they all are.”

“And his daughter, all their children, are innocent. Don’t you think they deserve a chance at a normal life?” Sandbar asked, and Sea Kelp turned to the window. “Dad?”

The room was silent. Sandbar stared at his dad, as Sea Kelp stared out the window. His eyes were focused on the Hidden Isle in the distance. At last, Sea Kelp turned back and looked at his son.

“...I suppose... the children are innocent.” Sea Kelp begrudgingly agreed, and Sandbar relaxed.

“Well done sweetie." Shell Scallop said encouragingly. "Shall we?” She gestured to the door.

Sandbar took one last look outside at the Hidden Isle, in the middle of the bay with a yellow dome sparkling above it. Sandbar smiled softly, before removing the still unfinished suit from himself and following his parents to the door to make the announcement of his new decree.

Author's Note:

Ta-da! The first chapter of my new story! I hope you liked it, and I'm sure you can tell what I'm basing this off of. More chapters are soon to come!

~Melody Song