• Published 27th Aug 2012
  • 6,393 Views, 97 Comments

Equestria Noir Case 6 "Music Of The Night" - Jacoboby1



A murder mystery in equestria with a minor crossover with phantom of the opera

  • ...
2
 97
 6,393

Epilogue

Case 6

Epilogue

I sat alone in my living room. We’ve just gotten back home and it was late at night. Tailspin was long asleep in his bedroom. I sent Pinkie who was babysitting him home and sat on my couch.

The whole business in Trottingham got me in the mood to dust off the old violin. It sat in front of me and I began to play a tune. One that I hold dear in my heart because of a very special memory…
_______________________________________________

“I’m never going to get this stupid thing!!!” I shouted as I slammed my violin on my bed. I spent nearly all day practicing it and so far I couldn’t play it. My ten year old mind couldn’t contemplate such an instrument being so hard to play. I sat on my bed crossed my front legs and pouted.

Just then I heard a voice speak behind me. A kind gentle and feminine voice that I always loved to hear. “Preventus? I heard you shouting. Is something wrong dear?”

I turned around and there she was standing in the doorway. My mom looked at me with those loving grey eyes that I shared with her. She smiled at me then her grey eyes turned to my cast aside violin. She shook her blue head, her electric blue mane moving with her. “You’re giving up so soon?”

I returned to my pouting “I’m never going to get it”

She walked beside me and sat beside me on the bed “You’re never going to learn if you give up Preventus”

“But I practiced for hours!” I said looking at her “Leopony is going to fire me at this rate!”

She smiled gently “Can I hear you play Preventus? Maybe I can find out what’s wrong”

“Mom…”

“Do it Preventus, I’ll keep bugging you if you don’t” She smiled and ran one of her wings across my nose. I sneezed and laughed a little. I got off the bed and picked up the violin with my magic.

“Um…presenting Preventus the not so good violinist…” I said before putting the bow to the strings. Mom clapped a little to try and cheer me up. I smiled a little and began to play. The notes came out as horrible sounding scratches. Mom had a lot of patience not to cover her ears during the whole thing.

I looked up at her after about a minute of playing. I sat down crestfallen “You hate it…”

“No sweetheart…” She got off the bed and nuzzled me gently. “It’s just you’re trying too hard”

“What do you mean?” I said meeting my own grey eyes in my mom.

She looked over at the violin. “You’re trying to force it to do what you want…music isn’t something you can force”

I shook my head “I don’t get it…”

“Let me show you…” She picked up my violin and used the bow strap to allow her to use it. She set the bow on the strings and she relaxed. She played the most beautiful tune I’ve ever heard. I sat there in awe as she turned my instrument into a creator of pure art. She smiled at me “You must learn to let music flow with you…like love you cannot control it…simply let it flow like a river”

I looked up at her as she finished her song. She smiled at me and set the instrument in front of me. She bent down to my level and put a kiss on my forehead. “Never forget what I said Preventus…With this knowledge you’ll grow into a fine stallion one day”

I pushed my head into her chest. She wrapped her front legs around me in a warm embrace. “I’ll make you proud mom…”

“You already have…”

__________________________________________

I stopped playing…the tears started flowing. I set the instrument down and sat back on the couch. Oh Celestia how I missed mom…

It was cruel what father did! He shouldn’t have forced you to take that drug! You should’ve had Tailspin naturally!!

I slammed my hoof on the coffee table as my anguish grew. You shouldn’t have died mom…I miss you so much…

I wiped a tear from my eye and found myself lying on the couch on my back. I stared up at the ceiling of my living room wondering. Are you up there mom? Did I make you proud? Did I become the stallion you wanted to be…?

Silence greeted me…then I heard wheels and saw Tailspin rolling towards me. “Private, you’re up so late”

“I should be saying that to you Tailspin” I said in a scolding tone “I’m a grownup I can handle staying up”

Tailspin rubbed his blue eyes “I heard you playing your violin…what triggered it this time?”

I couldn’t lie to him he knew me far too well. “Just…thinking about mom again…”

He rolled up to where I was on the couch and looked at me “Private…mom wouldn’t want you crying…”

I wiped my eyes and smiled “You’re right; I’m fine Tailspin really…”

His blue eyes looked at me “I’m worried about you bro…you never really talk about mom all that often”

“Who’s the big brother here?”

“Look” Tailspin said laying a hoof on my leg “I’m here for you bro. You are hurting about what happened…”

I shook my head “Maybe when you’re old enough we’ll talk about mom…but until then off to bed”

Tailspin was about to argue but he saw the look in my eyes and turned to roll away. I followed and we ended up back in his room. I set him down in his bed and his blue eyes looked at me. “Private…could you play for me?”

I smiled at him and levitated the violin…and began to play and sing a little… The song that mom played for me. The one I still remember by heart.

When I am down…

And oh, my soul, so weary…

When troubles come…

And my heart burden be…

Then, I am still and wait here in silence…

Until you come…and sit awhile with me…

___________________________________________________

Comments ( 12 )

1200002Wait till you see the epilogue

YOU RAISE ME UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUP SO I CAN WALK ON MOUNTAINS:fluttercry::fluttercry:
Such a sad ending:raritycry:

Another brilliant case closed! I may not be commenting as much anymore cuz of school, but I'll try my best.

1202867I might make a joke about that later on. Private has always fancied himself a romantic despite his own failings in the field.

1297753And the winner for discovering the reference for this case goes to...SOUR GRAPES!!!!! :pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::yay::yay:

Great ending to a great story

*explodes from awesomeness*

GAH! MY EYES ARE UNDER ASSAULT FROM LIQUID PRIDE! DAMN YOU AND YOUR SONG CHOICES!

3197044It's sort of a reference to Andrew Lloyd Webber

3210931*Lawyer Ninja's appear*
Me: Borrowed them from Theif
Lawyer: You can't countersue me for being an ass!
Me: You'd be surprised what you can get away with.

*Clap-clap-clap* This is one of your best works. I never felt so moved by any fic in my life. Bravo, my dear chap. Bravo. :eeyup: (Btw, Big Mac is becoming my new signature).

5504984 Mission accomplished apparently

I love you raise me you it one of my favorite songs

Login or register to comment