• Published 28th Jul 2020
  • 459 Views, 10 Comments

Twilight and Pinkie: Into the Multiverse - storiesatrandom



Twilight and Pinkie into the Multiverse: What could POSSIBLY go wrong?

  • ...
 10
 459

Errors were made

It was a beautiful day in Ponyville, as Twilight's castle stood as regel as it ever was, and Twilight was as busy as ever. She was inventing something much unlike anything ponyville nor even the friendship school had ever seen before. Twilight had always been curious about the subject of Multiverse-theory.

She always ponders about the realities that could be at play outside of her very own. Like, realities where Cozy Glow didn't go down the path she went to. She regretted not preventing a child to be thrown to Tartarus, espeically more so that she made enemies with the girl's parents over the matter. Maybe a reality where Twilight was still a Unicorn and got to pursue a more normal path. Or even one where the Storm King never attacked Equestria. Or who knows what could exist beyond the bounds of current reality.

Twilight had Starlight take over School duties whilst she pursued this ambition. To Twilight, she knew that this kind of work would take time, dedication, and most of all, focus, as she-

"TWIIII-LIIIIIGHT!"

That was all gone the moment Twilight heard that, as she was startled and nearly plopped onto her carefully crated creation, then looks to see Pinkie Pie happily bouning towards her with as little worry as possible. Under normal circumstances, Twilight doesn't mind the pink pony's company, but, ambitious projects and ponies of Pinkie's character are natural enemies in the wild, and with unrestrained curiosity like something out of a silly cartoon, Pinkie Pie was an Apex Predator.

Twilight HAD to make sure Pinkie's hyper-active mind is directed somewhere else.

"Uhhh, ooooh, Hello, Pinkie Pie." Twilight cautiously said. "What brings you here?"

"Well, I came to tell you that I accidentally caused Gallus' feathers to fall out by playing the yovidaphone..... Again." Pinkie said sheepishly.

Twilight facehoofed.....

"Pinkie," Twilight said with instructional intent, "Grampa Gruff was VERY clear about playing that thing in front of Gallus, at least, for as long as you're still, fine-tuning here. The noise complaints alone, I, I don't know what to say here!"

"Well, I had to tell you because Starlight got contemporary deaf from my playing." Pinkie said innocently.

There was now an awkward silence between mares...

"Ugh. Starlight's so lucky E.E.A. support allows for healthcare and insurance coverage." Twilight said disgruntled. "Okay, I'll take a break from my personal-research to-"

"Ohhhhhhh!" Pinkie said finally noticing the device. "Is THIS what you been working on?"

Twilight yelped as Pinkie was quick to spin around the device like something straight out of Gmod.

"Pinkie, no!" Twilight said as she tried to get to Pinkie!

Pinkie stopped at a big shiny red button.

"Ohhhhhhhh. What does THIS button do?" Pinkie asked as she was about to press it.

"PIIIIIINKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIE?!" Twilight screamed as she was about to grab Pinkie, but it was already too late as the button was pressed, causing the machine to activate and spiral the two into a portal into a multiverse realm as the duo screamed!

FLASH!

Pinkie and Twilight somehow found themselves back into the castle...

"..... Well," Said Twilight, "At least it's nothing short of luck that the machine has bugs to work out, cause-"

Twilight ceased speaking as at the very moment and took quick notice of another her and this reality's Spike in the castle... Suffice to say, the machine DID work.

"..... A... A..... Another me?" Said the other Twilight.

"..... It worked." Said the Current Twilight "My machine worked!"

"Yaaay! More button presses!" Pinkie said as she touched the button again.

"PINKIE PIE N-"

The Current Twilight was cut off before she finished as the machine vanished off!

"..... Dude, that, was weird." Said this reality's spike."

FLASH?!

Twilight and Pinkie had now found themselves in what looks like a prehistoric jungle.

".... PINKIE," Twilight shouted angerly, "I was JUST about to meet with another me in the Multiverse, you just-"

Suddenly, both ponies say that before them, were six multi-colored velociraptors in similar colorations of their friends and themselves...

"..... Uh, WELCOME TO DINOQUESRTA, WEARY TRAVELERS?!" Shouted the Twilight-Colored Velociraptor, "I'm Twilociraptor, and I-"

"AY CRUMBA, RAPTORS?!!" Pinkie said as she pushed the button again!

"Pinkie, WAI-"

Twilight wasn't able to finish as the machine vanished once more!

"..... Awww, shoot." Said the Pinkie Raptor. "I wanted to have a taste-test with them to see if they tasted good or not."

"Do you ALWAYS have to think about food, Raptor Pie?" Asked Twilociraptor.

FLASH!

Twilight and Pinkie now found themselves underwater as they struggled to hold their breaths, forcing an immediate retreat from this all water dimension.

The machine had already vanished just as Merpony versions of the Main 6 swam by.

FLASH!

Twilight and Pinkie had now found themselves near a giant anthill.

Pinkie spat out the water like a rubber hose, to Twilight's discomfort.....

".... I, am almost tempted to test out your, Pinkie-ness again." Twilight said disgruntled.

Suddenly, they were confronted by multicolored ants the size of buildings.

".... Hello, tiny traversers, I am Antlight Sparkle, and we-" The Lavender ant said before Twilight and Pinkie screamed and both pressed the button again...... "..... Well, that was barely even 5 microseconds in."

FLASH!

Pinkie and Twilight were finally in the castle again.....

"..... OH THANK ALICORNS?! WE'RE HOME?! WE'RE FINALLY?!"

"HEY?!" A voice called out.

Twilight and Pinkie looked to see the Young Six, with, surprisingly, Sandbar as an alicorn.

"Hey, like, what're you guys doing in my castle of cool-friendship, brahs?" Sandbar asked.

Twilight and Pinkie looked at eachother.....

"..... We're gonna be at this for a while, aren't we?" Twilight asked.

"Don't worry Twilight, I'm sure you can get us out of this?" Pinkie nervously said.

Twilight gave a long, disgruntled sigh. This is what she gets for being ambitious with something within walking distance of Pinkie Pie. Now, there was no question that eventually, Twilight and Pinkie were going to return to THEIR reality, just, the matter, of being the first ponies to being able to even MAP the Multiverse.

Fin..... Question Mark....?

Author's Note:

Will Pinkie and Twilight get out of this?

Probably.

In the meantime though, thank you for giving my soft fanfic reboot a look at. I want things to be given a fresh start after the years of inactivity and to have something distance itself away from the early works, MOST ESPEICALLY the, less than graceful ones. I feel, so ashamed of myself of getting caught in some of the more, questionable tropes of the MLP Fanfic stuff. You people know what I mean.

This said I'm still not gonna be too proactive on this site, the incompleted stories are still, on hiatus mode, but, I'm happy to say that I am prepared to write independently of specific document programs as now, thanks to Grammarly, I can write stories with confidence. Just, bear in mind that this is the first in a LONGEST while. I hope it's a great first step back into old terratory.

Comments ( 10 )

I had a good time.

There are several grammatical errors in this fanfic - such as tense-switching - but a more substantial issue is the pacing. Rapid-fire gags like this don’t work in a non-visual medium. I think it would have been much more interesting if we spent more than a few sentences in each world; I would’ve especially liked to see more of the merpony world.

10356360
My apologies. As forewarned, I had been away from the game in FIMfiction for a long time now, I'm, rusty at a certain style I had for the other stories.

10356349
Glad to had provided it.

You had me at "Multiverse"

10356846
You are ever so welcome. You wrote a good story :)

10356424
You could get an editor.

Did you put “possibility” into the short description on purpose, or was it a typo?

10357511
I, have a rough history of maintaining editors, let alone finding one. Why do you think I have Grammarly now?

10357520
Hold up on that one, I need to fix it.

Quick update: Fixed now.

Login or register to comment