• Published 4th Aug 2020
  • 1,348 Views, 157 Comments

Snickers: The Royal Colt - Mocha Star



After a fallout with his family and friends, Snickers is moving to Canterlot to spend time with Princess Celestia. However, politics and people aren't as easy or fanciful as they seem in books.

  • ...
34
 157
 1,348

Catching Up

The day waned and the foals played, ate snacks, and spent time getting to know Cress through it all. The thestral was surprisingly quiet around more than four ponies, but was ever full of youthful energy to make up for her shyness, even going so far as to ask a guard to play with their group in a game of tag.

While the answer was a kindly ‘no’, Cress didn’t seem too bothered by the exchange.

As the evening wore on and energy dipped, Snickers found himself relaxing, reading a book on the founding of Equestria, with Silver Spoon and Diamond Tiara while Cress prepared to leave.

Cress cinched her saddlebags and pawed the floor. “Well, I’m gonna head home, gals… and guy.”

Silver Spoon and Diamond looked at Cress and smiled. “See you soon?” Silver asked.

“Um, if you’d be cool with that, I’m cool with it. As long as we’re all cool,” she scrunched her face and then sighed. “Sorry, I’m not good at dealing with ponies sometimes.”

“It’s cool,” Diamond smirked, “we don’t really mind you coming over tomorrow, or whatever. You’re pretty cool.”

Cress slowly smiled and averted her eyes. “Th-thanks, I guess… I’ll see you tomorrow then; afternoon?”

“Well, yeah,” Diamond said with a bit of exasperation. “You have school, so after that.”

Cress’s eyes widened and she stepped back. “Oh, yeah! My report, I’ve gotta get it going. I’ll see you tomorrow, after school.”

Snickers was able to shout a quick ‘goodbye’ just as the filly ran from the room. “Well, she’s gone, what’d you think of her?”

Silver shrugged a foreleg. “I don’t know. Something’s kinda weird about her, but I think it’s just because her tribe is so rare.”

“Yeah, and I don’t really mind her. She’s not getting between us, so she’s pretty cool. Great, I’m gonna be saying ‘cool’ all night, now; just watch.”

The other two snickered and Laxxie yawned, bringing attention to herself. She sat by the couch that was opposite the gifted cushion the herd laid on. “Daddy, can you tell me more about Daddy’s home? Out there,” she gestured to a bay window that showed the setting sun, “in the starts?”

“‘Stars’, Laxxie, not ‘starts’, and why? Everything you need to know you already do,” Snickers answered. “Besides, stellar cartography wasn’t a strong suit of mine. I was more of a tinkerer than a wonderer.”

Laxxie took on a softer tone and she laid upon the three foals the mightiest pout she could muster, with a quiet whimper added in for effect. The response was immediate as Silver and Diamond cooed and rushed to Laxxie, hugging her and petting her; all the while the look stayed directed at Snickers, whittling his defenses down until he finally cracked.

“Fine! Just, stop looking at me like that! I’m a foal, I should have that skill, not just you,” Snickers pouted and looked away while crossing his forelegs.

He was glomped by Silver Spoon a couple seconds later. “He’s too cute when he pouts, Diamond!”

“I didn’t see, Silver… Laxxie’s so adorable when she pouts I can’t stop giving her the affection she needs.”

“Aww, who’s my big stallion?” Silver asked while nuzzling Snickers as he blushed. “Aw, don’t be upset, you’re surrounded by love.”

Snickers wiggled and Silver let him go, moving in for a muzzle nuzzle once he was sitting. “C’mon, stop it,” Snickers whined and gently pushed Silver back, “you’re making me embarrassed.”

Silver giggled cutely and leaned in, kissing Snickers on his lips, quickly, before rushing back to Diamond’s side to pet Laxxie. Snickers licked his lips and his mind ran through several images of him sitting in various places, holding Silver’s hooves in his and leaning in for another kiss.

Then, a whisper in the back of his mind got his attention. Daddy, can you share to me now? About stars?

Fine, but you need to be beside me for it to work best, like that one time. Snickers mentally replied.

Laxxie looked between the fillies and stood up, shaking a little to send her long grassy mane waving. “I wanna talk to Daddy, ‘kay?”

Understanding, as best they could, Silver and Diamond nodded and moved back, giving the two space between one another. Laxxie pronked to Snickers and stopped at the edge of the cushion, leaning her head down for him. Snickers touched his head to hers and sent some of what he knew about actual stars to Laxxie.

A few seconds later and Laxxie’s eyes sparkled. Tendrils of energy that bound her wooden body together shimmered into and out of existence. Then Laxxie giggled. “You’re silly, Daddy.”

Snickers cocked his head. “Why am I silly?” He asked.

Laxxie covered her mouth with her wooden hoof. “Stars are farts on fire, you said.”

Snickers smiled. “Yeah, well, it’s kinda true.”

Silver and Diamond looked between one another and rolled their eyes. “Colts and fart jokes,” Diamond said with a shake of her head.

Blueblood walked into the room just then. “What’s this I hear about fart jokes? Was it good, or was it a real stinker?”

“Boo,” Snickers said in response to the joke while the fillies giggled to one another.

“At least the girls understand a good joke when they hear it,” Blueblood said with a little pride.

Diamond raised her foreleg. “I thought it was funny, Your Highness.”

Blueblood nodded to the fillies. “Thank you. Now, might I have a moment alone with Snickers?”

Seeing nothing wrong with the request, Snickers was hugged by his fillies, then left alone with the stallion. “So, what’s up, Daddy?”

Blueblood’s ears perked and he stepped beside Snickers, who met him halfway. Snickers nuzzled Blueblood’s chest with a hum and Blueblood stood still. “Snickers, my boy, er, boy…”

“Yes, Daddy?”

“Well,” Blueblood hemmed, “you see, I’m not exactly your father, now.”

“That’s fine, you can still be my daddy, right?” Snickers asked with hopeful, sparkling eyes.

Blueblood whimpered ever so quietly as he looked down into the colt’s shiny orbs. Everything Blueblood had to say was forgotten and he leaned down to rest his head on Snickers’s neck. “Whatever pleases you, my son.”

Snickers nickered happily and turned like a cat, rubbing his side along the stallion’s forelegs before returning to the large cushion. “So, was that all? Wanna play s’more? Wanna read with me? I’m reading about Equestria’s history, see?” Snickers said, holding up the book in his forehooves.

Blueblood shook his head. “No, that’s not exactly what I prefer to read at my age. Have you ever read a comic book, or maybe the tales of humans adventuring? There are only three books, all written quite well. The author is a bit of a myth, though. Some say she’s actually been to Urlan, their home city. Others say it’s actually a stallion and he simply has the greatest imagination.”

Snickers huffed. “Whatever, I was a human and you don’t see me trying to read that account snippet stone stuff.”

Blueblood chuckled. “Whatever that meant, it’s quite a good read and full of imagination. One of the three books has the humans--”

“Spoilers! Don’t do it, because what if I get hit in the head and wanna read one?”

“Well, they’re all stand alone stories based in different locales, but they all seem interconnected somehow; and not just from the species’ standpoints.”

Snickers patted the spot beside him and grinned when Blueblood laid down, protectively surrounding him and being so close, Snickers could feel the warmth from the stallion’s underbelly warming him. Snickers leaned to the side and rested against Blueblood’s chest. “I don’t know if I’ll read them, Daddy, but maybe we could read them together?”

“I think I’d like that. I’ll bring one by soon and we can spend some of my free time reading.”

“Oh, can you read to me? I always wanted a stallion to read to me,” Snickers asked, eagerly.

Blueblood nodded and Snickers squealed, nuzzling Blueblood again. “Thanks, Daddy! Thank you, thank you!”

Blueblood looked at the happy colt and couldn’t stop smiling. So, this is what it would be like to have a son… perhaps with that Rarity mare? Perhaps it would be best to introduce myself to her and her friends down in Ponyville.

“So, I was thinking about talking to you about mares… since you do have a herd and it seems pretty serious, um, if you’d happen to have any questions, I’m more than willing to answer them.”

...

Snickers awoke, snuggled between his fillies while Kiwe was absent, again. It had begun to feel like the zony wasn’t even a part of their group anymore and Snickers intended to tell him as much the next time they met. It didn’t help that the potion had worn off during the previous evening and images of Kiwe prancing through a field of long grass, peeking at Snickers every so often, was one of the dreams Snickers recalled upon waking up.

Snickers looked at Silver and Diamond, lying on him like he was a body pillow, and they were more than pleased to hold him close with their forelegs wrapping over him. He also noticed their hind legs were over his, completely pinning him to the bed. He took a moment to reflect on the past week and what led him to be so comfortable with two fillies he’d beat up two months before.

A quiet chuckle rumbled his chest as he thought of how he had seen Scootaloo as the one for him, but now couldn’t imagine seeing her, or any of his previous herd.

Rarity was preparing to return to Ponyville. Having tapped into her allowance at the Royal Canterlot Bank, she had made enough purchases to make herself known to many businesses in Canterlot and had struck up several potentially lucrative agreements, as stated by the mare herself during a teatime.

Diamond Tiara trilled and squeezed closer to Snickers, then opened her eyes and looked up, meeting his. She smiled slightly and leaned up for a little kiss that gave her goosebumps. “Morning, handsome.”

“Morning, beautiful,” Snickers whispered back.

Diamond grinned. “Y-you never called me that before,” she said softly. “Do you really think I’m beautiful?”

Snickers kissed the top of her head. “Only when the sun shines on you.”

Diamond blushed and Snickers mentally pumped his foreleg. Thanks, Daddy. That line was awesome. Part of him cheered, while another part of him seemed to make an internal retching feeling.

Diamond scooted back and rolled away, getting out of the covers and quickly walking to the end of the bed. She hopped off and rushed to the bathroom without a word. Snickers listened to her leave, then gently shook Silver Spoon; her unbraided mane and tail were curly and billowed behind her.

Snickers leaned down and nibbled her ear as revenge for nights past, earning a quiet moan that made him blush and start to get hard. “Snickers, don’t stop,” she mumbled in her sleep.

Snickers let his tongue tickle the apex of her ear, waking her with a start. She sat up, onto her flank, and looked at him with wild eyes. Before he could say anything, she leaned down and kissed him, her lips parting to let her tongue meet his. Her hoof drew a circle in his chest fluff and quickly ran down the length of his underbelly. Then, she stopped and glared at him. “Don’t do that again, or I won’t be able to control myself,” she said through heavy breaths.

She left the bed as quickly as she could to use the bathroom, leaving Snickers alone in the bed. That is, until Laxxie hopped up and stood over Snickers. “Garden for breakfast?”

Snickers nodded and rolled to his belly, glad the new spells and potions hid his troubles better than ever before. He reached for a potion on the nightstand and popped the cork from it, then drank it all down; thankful for the quick response his body had. Feeling the potion go to work and lower his hormones to a manageable level still gave him a weird feeling, but it was worth it.

Done with his potion, he returned it to the alchemy set and went to the bathroom. “Morning, girls, did you sleep well?” Snickers asked as he walked in, glancing at the blushing fillies that had their forehooves between their hind legs while leaning their hindquarters over the edge of the large tub. They both stopped, already blushing from what they were doing, and cleared their throats.

“Aren’t you, I dunno, upset you caught us just now?” Silver Spoon asked, her wavy loose mane cascading across her body like a hero princess in a romance book that Snickers couldn’t help but want to help her braid, right then.

Snickers stood over the toilet and sighed as he relaxed his bladder. “Nope, potion fixed that. I’m embarrassed, but not gonna freak out. Besides, if we’re gonna be together for a while, I think I’ll catch you both doing that a few more times, right?”

Diamond narrowed her eyes. “Is this because Aquelis isn’t into mares, or are you really okay watching us do that?” She asked, moving from the tubside with a very embarrassed Silver Spoon beside her.

Snickers, finished peeing, flushed the toilet and turned to face her. “Probably both. But, before I took my potion, I was definitely turned on by you two.”

Both fillies smiled a little and then moved behind Snickers. “Go! We gotta finish or we’ll be totally bitchy all day,” Diamond stated as a fact, “and you don’t want that. So hurry out and let us have our release time.” She and Silver pushed Snickers from the room and closed the door behind him.

“Sweet Celestia and Luna, I love that stallion,” Snickers heard one of them say, but he couldn’t figure out which.

There was a knock on the door and Rarity walked in. “Oh, there’s my little prince. I have to go back to Ponyville soon, but I wanted to ask if there was anything you needed before I left.”

Snickers shrugged and then looked away from Rarity. “Well… I know it’s a weird question, but how’s everypony back home?”

Rarity smiled and lay on her belly to be at eye level with Snickers. “Well, Applejack just had a family reunion that went well enough. Shortly afterward, the third day you were here, actually, Spike saved Applejack from a timberwolf and spent the next two days at her service. Oh, I nearly said that crass phrase you started everypony saying,” she said with a faux frown and gentle, playful, shove to her colt’s side.

“What? What’d I start everypony saying?” Snickers asked.

Rarity rolled her eyes. “At your cervix, darling. It turns out that stallions don’t have many phrases of the sort, like mares do; so when you, a little five year old, came up with something new, everypony took to it like white to a wedding dress.”

“Huh, well, at least they don’t know it was me, right?” Snickers joked, then went serious. “Shuck some corn, they do?”

Rarity sighed. “You have a reputation, Snickers, and it’s not a preferable one.”

Snickers looked at his hooves with a pout. “I didn’t mean to be such an ass,” he said and Rarity’s ears perked, “but that was all I knew. I was a human turned pony and… well, I just messed up, I guess. And I didn’t make it any better over the first few weeks, either.”

“No, darling, you certainly didn’t,” Rarity quietly said and draped a foreleg across Snickers’s back. “But, you’re making strides to be a better pony and less… of a crass creature,” she hesitantly said, “and that’s a step in the right direction. As for the rest of the town, well, Rainbow Dash and Applejack are openly together, but neither wants to show much public affection.

“They insist it wouldn’t be very ‘cool’, for Rainbow’s sake. I say that’s complete balderdash, as they certainly kissed openly for the first time. However, that’s neither here nor there. You had a positive effect on them, so I’ll be bringing that up again, I’m sure. As far as Rainbow, personally, she’s not talking about you, or anything much for what it’s worth.

“Pinkie Pie is, well, Pinkie Pie. She’s having parties and doing her best to live life to its fullest. I feel she’s coping with your leaving in some ways hidden beneath her cheery facade.

“Twilight is focusing on her studies and researching various topics, but she is still going over the notes she’d taken from your language lessons and energy… what’s-it’s. That’s all beyond me, to be honest, so take no offense when I say I haven’t the slightest care about it. Let’s see… the Crusaders are still trying.

“In the days you’ve been gone we’ve seen them try window washing, glasses making, paper shredding, ink making, disk throwing, plate spinning, golfers, foragers, chopstick users, debt collectors… Honestly, my little prince, the world is safer without your mind helping them. Oh, yes, the Pony Thrower is being patented.

“Nothing of my doing, but the Mayor wishes to keep the idea’s profits local. I haven’t seen Fluttershy since a couple days before you left, and I’ve missed our spa date being here, so I do hope she’s not out of sorts. She’s a lovely mare, as I’m sure you recall, but one of the best times to see her unwind is at the spa.

“Snickers?” Rarity asked suddenly. “When was your last spa day? Your coat seems so well kept and your mane is so lovely, but you seem to be lacking a certain care that only a spa can offer.”

Snickers hummed. “Well, before I left home. They have some salon ponies to help me groom and style my mane the way I like it,” he said, glancing at the curl in his mane with a smile. “I just like my mane now, is that okay, Mommy?”

Rarity tittered and nodded. “Of course, my little prince. Oh, how I feel, knowing that’s true while never having suspected as much; a little prince, delivered to me by chance, like flowers on the wind.”

Snickers cocked his head. “Poetry? Just what I needed. At least it’s better than a Vogon’s.” When Rarity gave him a quizzical look, Snickers clarified, “Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, a movie from back home; timeless.”

“Hm, indeed. Well, as much as I hate to say it, I have to return to Ponyville. I have orders to fulfill, and knowing you’re in good hooves, I have no reason to worry. And… I’ll be honest with you,” Rarity spoke softer, “I met with Prince Blueblood and we seemed to hit it off more than I thought we would,” she giggled.

Snickers grinned and hopped up. “Yay! I get a daddy for real!”

While Snickers whooped and hopped, Rarity hushed him and finally held his mouth closed and hooves to the floor. “Darling, it’s not that serious. In fact, until I introduce him to my friends and make amends publically, nothing will happen further than being friends. Also, I wouldn’t go so far as for you to call him ‘daddy’ when we’re probably not even going to have sex in the first place.”

Snickers mumbled and Rarity let his mouth free. “Then fudge him until he creams your iced coffee!”

Rarity leaned back and blushed. “Oh, dear. While your profanity is censored in a bit of a silly way, I won’t be allowing him onto my back, or in any other position, without being treated like a lady in the first place.”

Snickers still grinned. “So, you’re saying there’s, like, a one in ten chance I’ll have a Prince for a daddy?”

Rarity rolled her eyes. “More like one in a million.”

Snickers pondered the math in his head and tapped his chin, another grin forming and his knees bent, ready to take him back into the air, hopping. “So you’re saying there’s a chance! Yeah!”

“Well, I don’t think he’ll be my first any more than any other stallion, or other creature,” she quickly amended, “but I’ll be sure to cover my tail in the event anything does nearly occur, thanks to your hopefulness.”

Snickers bit his lip and looked into Rarity’s eyes. “Mommy, I might wanna… well, come home, soon. I’m not saying that this isn’t fun, being here and all, but part of me wants to be in my own bed and… well, show off my fillies to the town.”

Rarity smiled and nuzzled Snickers. “I think that would be wonderful, darling. Whatever you choose, know I’ll be here for you, every step of the way. Do be sure to write me everything that happens,” she hugged her son and sniffled when he hugged her back. Tears welled in her eyes and she leaned back to kiss him on his head.

“I’ll miss you, Mommy.”

“I’ll miss you, too, my little prince.”