• Published 4th May 2021
  • 1,573 Views, 32 Comments

Star Wars Episode IV, Rise of the Rebellion - FourShadow



It has been many years since the death of the Galactic Alliance and Order 66. But at the same time, it has given way for the birth of a new alliance who fights for freedom against the merciless Empire and their diabolical leader; Darth Midnight

  • ...
4
 32
 1,573

The Plan

The very next day, after lunch, Sunset gathered Team Six, the Heartstrings family, Rainbow, and Applejack together in a briefing room for them to talk. A massive holoprojector sat in the middle of the room, while technicians sat at desks looking at star charts to monitor any activity within the planet’s sector.

“First of all, I would like to say congratulations to Flurry Heart for her successful training. I was honestly thinking she should just stay out of this, but because she successfully completed her training, she’s on board to join us,” Sunset announced. “Now, is everyone here?”

“I sure hope so, because we can’t cram any more people around this table,” Bon Bon said, trying to adjust herself so Cheep could peak at the projection.

“Spike, pull it up!”

Spike accessed the astromech port, and turned on the holoprojector, and presented the blueprints.

“What you’re looking at is the schematics for a new type of TIE fighter; the TIE Defender. According to the design, this thing is going to be equipped with heavy cannons, stronger shields, and functional hyperdrives. The TIEs we face on a daily basis are short-ranged, but if they get the chance to do any of these?”

“You’d no longer need to waste resources on Star Destroyers, when just one of these things can do the job for who knows how many fleets,” Spike sumized.

Rainbow and Applejack gave cocky smirks.

“Puh-lease. This little thing? We got shot at by TIEs just leaving Tatooine, they didn’t do a thing. How can this be any better?”

“Okay, let me give you this scenario," Sunset said, rather nonchalantly. "Say there’s a fleet. You have plenty of strong cruisers, enough to take down a Star Destroyer, push any TIEs out of the way… but then you have a single starfighter that maneuvers everything you throw at it. Faster than any of the fighters you have at your disposal, and none of the shots you do land on it do a thing. Suddenly this thing starts taking out your primary defenses, all the while you’re panicking and trying to take it down with everything you got, but by the time you decide to go for your heavier defenses, you’ll have lost more than half your fleet’s chance of survival, because it took out all of your weaknesses.”

Rainbow and Applejack immediately stopped acting cocky and looked at each other with concern.

“Heh, I guess it is better,” Rainbow tittered, rubbing the back of her head.

“Anyways. Apparently, this project was commissioned by Grand Admiral Thrawn, under heavy security. The factory’s located on an island, located here,” Sunset continued, as Spike loaded another projection. “Scarif.”

“Of course they take the nice planets…” Bon Bon pouted.

“Ocean world, with plenty of beaches and crystal waters as far as the eye can see. Unfortunately, the planet is the perfect site for the Defender factory. Slave camps, barracks, enough landing pads to take a few Gozanti-class ships, shuttles, and various other craft.”

“So I guess what’s our plan then?” Lyra asked.

“I had a few ideas in mind to accommodate for all of us together, and make sure we cover all our bases. Sandbar and Ocellus, you two will pass as Imperials. We’ve stolen uniforms from them, we can dress them up to make sure you can slip by. Yona and Silverstream will act as prisoners so we have an excuse to sneak inside. Once they’re in, they can provide us an eye on what else is inside so we can take care of any guards or security measures,” Sunset instructed. “This layout is recent, so we have a good idea where all the doors and entrances are.”

“But how are we going to free the prisoners? They’re bound to have captives, if we’re sneaking these two in as slaves,” Rainbow asked.

“That’s where we will come in. With Sandbar and Ocellus inside, they can let us in through an alternate entrance here,” she pointed to a door on an opposite of the main entrance. “The three of us aren’t as young as we used to, we need to be more stealthy this time. Okay?”

Rainbow and Applejack pouted. They didn’t like the fact Sunset was basically reminding them of how long ago their prime was, but they had no other choice.

“But wait, how are we going to sneak in? According to this layout, they have a security office,” Flurry pointed out. “You’re going to be seen before you even get in.”

“That’s where the Heartstring family comes in,” Sunset said, looking at family of droids that were next to Lyra and Bon Bon. “Spike, R2, Cheep, and G-G can sneak in as courier droids. Their commando droids can infiltrate in crates that we cover up to look like they’re fuel, this way they can get inside. Once they’re in the security office, they can take out the guards and provide eyes above to help us.”

“Bwoop boop?

Sunset leaned forward, seeing G-G trying to lift himself up to see. “What was that, G-G?”

“Bwoop boop. Brrt beep bwoop bop,” G-G questioned.

“We’ll get all four of you dressed to look the part. Buuut…” Sunset thought, looking at G-G some more. “I think you might be able to lead the droids in.”

“How so?” Bon Bon inquired.

“The Imperial droids are strictly black or gray, with gold or bronze plates. G-G is the closest one to looking Imperial, he’s the ticket to getting access to the security office,” Sunset explained. “Once you get them in, you and the others infiltrate as patrol units to look for any other security detail that could impede our progress.”

“What about K2 or Eleven?” Lyra asked.

“I’m not sure how well we can smuggle your tactical droid in. Buuuuut, I think I have an idea. Using the schematics, he could provide us with instructions for all avenues and paths to make sure we can complete our mission. Think you can do that?”

Affirmative, general,” K2 affirmed.

“And I don’t think it will, but if it does… how good is IG-11 when it comes to fighting?”

“Are you kidding? IG-11 is a walking tank,” Lyra smirked, patting his shoulder. “It’s almost impossible to shoot him down, unless you’re a sharpshooter.”

“Well if all goes horribly wrong… Eleven. I want you to march into the base, start a riot,” Sunset instructed.

“I can provide distraction in probability of our mission’s failure,” IG-11 understood, twisting his twig arm up to make a salute motion.

“Lyra, Bon Bon, as much as I don’t want to say, you two might need to get an armor change. You two might need Midnight trooper armor, or you can sneak in with us. We’ll need to see what troopers they have at this site,” Sunset explained.

“W-Wait, what about me? Or them?” Flurry asked, pointing to Gallus and Smolder.

“… I completely forgot to account for you three,” Sunset facepalmed. “I’m sorry guys, I didn’t think… okay, what can we do…”

"What if we disguised as bounty hunters? You know, we wear armor, act all nasty and mean, like we're in for the money for bringing in a haul?" Smolder offered, moving her thumb and finger in a greedy motion.

"That's... actually not a bad idea. But we might not be able to get you two inside," Sunset thought.

"If you guys get caught or start a riot that brings their attention, we can still join in on the fight," Gallus suggested, raising his left claw.

"Maybe... just maybe... But still, we're going to need to find a way to get Flurry inside," Sunset puzzled. "We don't have many uniforms to blend in..." Sunset tried to think some more, until she looked again at the armor that was covering Flurry's left arm. "Say, Flurry? Out of curiosity, where did you get that armor?"

"Oh this?" Flurry gestured, moving her armor-clad arm around. "Oh it was a gift from Mama. She said if I ever went outside, I should have it for protection."

"I mean, where specifically did you get it?"

"What? I've always had pieces on me," Bon Bon said. All eyes looked at her, and without hesitation, she gave the most blunt, deadpan response. "I stole it off a skeleton of a clone trooper."

"... Super," Rainbow said, uncomfortably.

"I do have more pieces though," Bon Bon said, giving a bit of a smug grin. "Not much, but I did get pieces from a standard Phase II; leftover from a 501st, an 187th, and even some pieces from some Twilight's old clone battalion--"

"--Wait, wait, wait, hold on a second. You have armor from her battalion? The 467th?" Sunset asked, wanting to confirm her words.

"... Yeaaaahhhh?"

"... Bon Bon, you magnificent Mandalorian, I love you so much right now!" Sunset said with an excited grin.


In the Sweetie Drop, the adults opened up a closet in the workshop, showing some various pieces of armor scrounged over from the Clone Wars. None of them were really complete, just an assortment of pieces here and there. The helmets were sitting on top of hooks, mounted like trophies.

"Twilight's old battalion was very heavy on purple colors," Sunset said, pulling off the helmet that had excessive purple coloring. "I fought with them a long time ago, and I kinda dread seeing what became of them after the war. But this might be our best chance to help sneak Flurry in." She kept flipping the helmet around, seeing all the scuff marks and faded paint.

"But we don't have any helmets, won't they get upset if she walks in with armor that's no longer in production?"

"Maybe. But considering how many times we've delayed them from scheduling, I think we can play off outdated armor as a minor inconvenience; nobody got her the proper armor, so she was forced to wear something outdated," Sunset imagined.

The general set the helmet down on another box, deciding to look around the Mandalorian's little workshop. She eyed the droid parts and pieces in crates, especially those that were scattered on the floor. Tools neatly displayed on a wall to be used, and there was even some unfinished looking works in progress sitting on a table in another corner.

"When Lyra said you were a droidsmith, she wasn’t kidding,” she said, admiring the collection of parts and pieces. She picked up a head of an old B1 battle droid, admiring the custom paintjob applied to the head.

“I don't mean to brag, but I'm what you call a maestro in this kind of business. Although I think Babu Frik has me beat, his workshop is way bigger than mine," Bon Bon replied.

"How did you two even meet, anyway?"

"Long story, Sunset. It takes about eight chapters to tell that story right," Lyra brushed aside. "But I think you lucked out. Besides, our wedding was a bit crazy."

"Crazy?" Sunset asked, raising a brow with a bit of a smirk.

"People beating each other up, blowing stuff up, Hondo dancing on the tables and singing really loud..." Lyra said, shrugging off rather casually. "He was drunk at the time."

"But it was still nice, all things considered," Bon Bon pointed out.

"Still though, I meant what I said when we met last month. I'm glad you were able to find someone," Sunset smiled.

"Are you seeing anyone?" Lyra asked, dusting off more pieces of armor.

"Nah. I tried, but... I dunno. I wasn't really in a good place to start dating," Sunset said, leaning against a wall. "After we went into hiding, R2 and I were just trying to find a way to make ends meet on Ord Mantell. I didn't like any of the guys or girls I met there, none of them were people I could trust with my life."

Lyra frowned and looked up at Sunset. "Oh. I'm so sorry."

"Being a stranger in unfamiliar territory comes with rules. Don't ever look out for someone, trust only yourself," Sunset sighed, leaning her head back. She gazed up at the ceiling, staring off into space. "For the longest time, I really did wonder about what it'd be like to go out and explore; meet people, maybe settle down, start a family. But after the Empire rose up... I didn't have time for it anymore."

Bon Bon set down a shoulder piece on a table, spraying it clean so she could polish it. "What about now? I mean, you've got time off in the Rebellion, don't you? Everyone needs R&R now and then."

"Yeah, but I don't know. I came up with a company policy to not date anyone if it interferes with your work. And don't get me wrong, I've met people here who are perfectly capable of dating without it interfering with their life. Somehow they've got more balance than me," Sunset playfully rolled her eyes. "But I realized that I'm just not ready. Probably never will until this war is over."

Bon Bon set the spray tool down, walking over to the spacing out General. She gave her a soft pat on her shoulder, smiling warmly to her. "The war will be over. Maybe not today. Maybe not tomorrow. Maybe not the next month. But it will end, one way or another."

The loud clattering of pieces grabbed the two adults attention, as they looked at Lyra who was pushing parts onto a work table.

"Good news and bad news," Lyra said, dropping the pile of random armor pieces on the table before them. "Good news, we have enough pieces that we can make Smolder and Gallus into makeshift bounty hunters, and we can make Flurry a possible trooper. Bad news is; there's only a few pieces that are purple. And we don't have any fresh paint buckets."

"I can handle that. We have an artist on base who could take care of that job for you," Sunset reassured. "Come on, I can take you to her. Grab the pieces you can, I'll call someone to pull up a cart for you to haul them on."

The group walked out of the ship and back on the ground again, staff members nearby still working at their assigned posts. Spike and R2-D2 were standing by, waiting for them, and next to them was an engineer who pushed a cart out for them to use.

"Thanks Bryal," Sunset acknowledged, letting the man get back to his post.

Lyra and Bon Bon walked back down, but stopped when they noticed Sunset's attention was gazing up at their ship. Something that made Lyra and Bon Bon start to sweat.

“Say Bon Bon; is that nose art?”

Lyra and Bon Bon gulped, walking over to the side to gaze at what she was referring to. Sunset saw what looked like nose art plastered on the side of the ship, but with some serious smudges and fades to the artwork.

“Oh… that. Yeah, um… I really rather not talk about that," Bon Bon blushed.

“I know it's scratched out, but is that… a Twi’lek in a bikini holding a Mandalorian helmet by her side?” Sunset asked, tilting her head. Both Spike and R2 tilted as well, trying to look at the pose.

“… Yes,” Bon Bon admitted.

“My follow up question, why does the picture look like it had been recently scrubbed and scratched with a pick-ax?”

“I had a bit of a panic attack after orientation and since that picture wasn’t exactly ‘safe’ for work, I tried to scrub it off… shouldn’t have used permanent paint,” Bon Bon blushed under the helmet. “I was going to use Lyra as my model, but she suggested I use a Twi’lek to draw less attention to her while we were on the run… heh.”

Sunset looked at Bon Bon with a cheeky little smirk. “You sly dog,” she joked. “I didn’t know you could be so oh, what’s the word…”

Pervy?” Spike suggested.

Bwoop boop?” R2 bluntly replied.

“I was going to say ‘imaginative’,” Sunset teased.

“General, I’m asking you kindly, please shut up,” Bon Bon insisted, gritting her teeth.

“Bon Bon, it’s okay,” Sunset reassured, patting her shoulder. “Look, you don’t have to erase the nose art. Even though you tried to get rid of it,” she looked back, “I can see you got the mostly explicit features removed, so why not just give her a new design?”

“So not a metal bikini?” Bon Bon asked.

“Wha-no!” Sunset stammered. “Look, if you want to keep the nose art, I won’t hold it against you. Some of the boys and girls have some, how do we say, ‘inspirational’ posters in their barracks, I am not one to judge. Heck, I’ll admit, I had one for a while in the Clone Wars. But I’m just asking, just put some clothes on the design, that’s all.”

“… can I keep the sexy pose she’s got?”

“That’s fine,” Sunset shrugged off, gesturing to the astromechs to follow her to the inside of the ship. “Just put some clothes on her.”

“… aww,” Bon Bon pouted, hiking up her boots and following the rest of the crew inside her house.


Sometime later in the afternoon, the astromech units, Rainbow Dash, and Bon Bon all met up over in a workshop near one of the many hangar bays. Gallus was sitting inside, fixing a piece of machinery that had fallen apart and needed repair.

“Before we go to Scarif, we need to take care of some things. First thing's first, we're going to equip you all with some upgrades for this mission,” Sunset stated. And she had to admit, she found it adorable when all four of the astromechs started wiggling around in excitement. “Okay, okay, calm down guys. One at a time.”

“Uh, Sunset? Why am I here for this again?” Rainbow asked.

And without warning, the bolts that connected her forearm to her elbow disconnected as if they had magically fallen apart. And Gallus came in on one swoop and ran back to his workstation.

"Gallus! I needed that!" Rainbow pouted, getting ready to charge at her.

"You're getting an upgrade too, Rainbow," Sunset said, standing in front of her to keep her from attacking.

"My arm is fine, I don't need... did you say upgrades?" Rainbow asked, wanting to know if she heard that right.

"Yes, upgrades. We're going to need all the help we can, and since you're the only one of us with a prostehtic, I think it's only fair we provide more little devices as well as providing you all five fingers on a single hand," Sunset said, rather casually.

"Ooooh. Cool," Rainbow squeaked excitedly.

One Hour Later

Bon Bon had fallen asleep in a chair, while the astromechs temporarily turned themselves off for a while, not wanting to waste their power cells on waiting. Rainbow stood there, tapping her foot impatiently. Her one arm rested on her hip, while Sunset had stepped out to grab more supplies for the next set of upgrades.

“Can I have my arm back?”

"In a minute!" Gallus snapped, getting tired of her repeatedly asking when he was done. "These things can't be done with just a push of a button!" He pushed down the outer shell covering and pressed a single button to lock it in place. "Okay, I'm done."

Now that he finished, he wrapped his claw around the appendage and swooped back over to her, locking it back into the socket on her body.

“I appreciate modifications, but you could have warned me, you... wait.. ” Rainbow moved her prosthetic limb around again. There wasn't a creak, a squeak, or any disturbing noises that'd make her wince. “It feels… normal.” And she wiggled her shoulder around. “Hey, no creaking! This feels like a real arm!”

"I added a bit more bulk to it, make it have a bit more bone to it," Gallus said, as Rainbow kept flexing her arm. "And I was able to make some modifications..."

Rainbow raised her arm up, looking down at her wrist. Her fingers and palm wriggled around like if it was real, and she smiled to see she had a complete set of five fingers and not just three.

“... you now have a built in com-device, tracking screen, and if you press the blue button, it can extend a grappling hook. And I have installed a new function; if you equip your lightsaber into this clamp, it can hold it with a steel grip and swing it around like a rotating fan. It should deflect any blasters that come your way, and slice through most materials as a lightsaber should do.”

“Awesome! Can I hack into things?” Rainbow asked with some joy.

“… Eh, no.”

And she pouted. “Aw man…”

“I'm on a budget here, I'm not a miracle worker!" Gallus protested.

“Yeah… I know.”

"It's great work, Gallus," Sunset complimented. "Now about the droids--"

“—Oh hell no!” Bon Bon shrieked. She got right up in Sunset’s face with an angry look. “I’m all for upgrades, but I do not want my babies experimented on!”

“Bon Bon, we’re just giving them modifications—”

“—Define modifications,” Bon Bon grit her teeth.

“Weapons, we’re giving them weapons,” Sunset explained, holding her hands up.

“I can give them weapons, they’re my family,” The Mandalorian growled.

"You'll need an extra hand in figuring out how to properly place them in without hurting them," Sunset argued. "Gallus is sturdy, I promise you they'll be okay."

"Rrrr.... fine. But I'm keeping an eye. If anything happens to my babies..."

"They'll be okay, I promise," Sunset reassured. She turned her attention to the astromechs. "Are you all ready for upgrades?"

Everyone gave resounding beeps and chirps that sounded like 'yes!' to her, especially added by their once again, excited swiveling and shaking.

"Then let the transformations begin!"


The team gathered outside of the workshop, waiting to see the astromechs who had been upgraded for the mission. Everyone was very eager to see how they'd look, and the time was almost near for them to be done. Just then, the doors opened up, and Sunset Shimmer walked out, wiping grease away from her face. Bon Bon too, and then accompanied by Gallus.

"You guys ready?"

Everyone said yes.

"Roll out, boys!"

One by one, each of the astromechs rolled out to present themselves, even through the sudden smoke that leaked outside. Gallus coughed from the amount that pushed out.

"Okay, we really need to fix that duct."

Each of the astromechs before them, with the exception of G-G, all had new paintjobs. All of them had spray-painted black and gold, with Spike receiving a few purple streaks as opposed to gold. They had to look the part, as well as play the part.

"R2-D2,” Sunset began, seeing the first astromech pull up with a complete mod. “Your rebuilt rocket boosters should give you better aerial mobility, and for longer periods of time.”

Two rocket boosters pulled out from R2’s legs, making him hover in place. His head spun around with joy, added by the excited beeps he was letting out.

“But be advised, the navigation is finely tuned…” Gallus instructed.

Sunset's attention turned to Spike who was rolling up next. “SP-1K, aka Spike.”

Two panels on Spike’s torso opened up, revealing two steel nozzles with multiple holes near the tips.

“These flamethrowers should be very effective against any Midnight troopers who come your way, and they can also provide extra fuel for your rocket booster. But use it wisely; you do not have unlimited fuel.”

“Got it,” Spike nodded, raising a claw up to give a small salute.

Sunset went to the next astromech in line. “CH-33P.”

The C1 unit turned to look at her, curious to know what his new ability was.

"You have a small storage unit in your dome that can release a particularly noxious gas; nothing lethal, but it can leak into anyone wearing a helmet. Use it to knock out any guards or officers if they come your way," Sunset instructed.

"Cheep cheep cheep," Cheep saluted.

“And last of all… RG-G1," Sunset said, looking at the R4 unit.

G-G gave a spitting noise, turning his dome away to not look at her.

"... okay, admittedly we didn't really give you any upgrades," Sunset rubbed the back of her head.

"Bwoopp..." G-G pouted.

"But you are the most important member of this squad, buddy," Sunset took a knee down, pulling his dome around to get him to look at her. "You're the key to helping them get inside, okay? You're a member of this team."

"Bwoop... bwoop boop," G-G said, understanding.

"So, let's see. Astromechs have been upgraded, Rainbow has her arm fixed, weapons are restocked, Flurry's been approved to go, did I miss anything?"

Everyone looked at each other, shrugging.

"Well alright then. If that's the case, then I think we can begin our mission. We leave tomorrow at 0700 sharp. Make sure your weapons are cleaned, fully loaded, and get enough good nights sleep. Until then, you all are dismissed for the day," Sunset ordered.

All said and done, everyone moved together back to the main temple, contemplating going up to the lounge for some much needed R&R. Even the astromechs followed suit as they went their direction. Sunset in the meanwhile, stood there, quietly pondering. She looked at the sun in the distance, looking like it was beginning to set and turn to night. Everyone was ready, but would they be enough to help them? She could only hope that they had enough to do the job, and wouldn't needed to be rescued themselves.

Walking back to her quarters, she removed her jumpsuit and put on a simple tank-top and shorts to detox, and walked over to the terrarium where Ray was sitting. The little gecko was happy to see her, so much that the moment she reached her hand in, he jumped up and climbed up her arm, wiggling its little tail.

"Hey little guy," Sunset cooed, moving her arm around so her pet could stand above her hand. She leaned her hand in close, giving her gecko a cute little nuzzle. "How you've been doing? Keeping yourself busy?"

The gecko gave a cute little shrug, making Sunset giggle. "Yeah, I know bud. I've gotta find something to keep you busy when I'm off on missions. And speaking of which... tomorrow, I've got one a big one," she said, taking a seat at a small desk that was kept clean. "We're rescuing friends and bringing down a factory. This could be the key to finally bringing the Empire down to it's knees!" She said with excitement. But then a depressing thought made her lose her smile. "But then again... it could only just delay them until they find a way to stand back up."

But she hit her fist on the desk. "No. Not happening. I am not going to look at this negatively, we will bring them down. It may not stop them there... but it could be the start. A few critical hits from there... and the Empire will finally take the fall they should have taken a long time ago," Sunset said, now trying to stay determined.

But if I don't come back alive... no. None of that. But just in the very low low low very low chance I do...

She pulled a drawer open, and pulled out a small hologram recorder. She set it in front of her, positioning it so she would be properly captured on the recording. Her hands moved down to her sides, and she reached forward to press the button to turn it on... but she didn't. Her hand trembled at the thought, her heart racing at the prospect of her friends possibly being gone, or no one going to be around to see the message. That small voice in the back of her head was telling her that no one would get her private encryption would ever get over to them, or worse, the people she'd want to call would just be gone.

When she looked at her gecko, she finally got her push. That adorable little smile, accompanied by him nuzzling her hand, trying to push it towards the button was enough. Sunset took a sharp breath and pressed the record button.

"This is Jedi Knight Sunset Shimmer. I know it has been a long time since we've spoken, but we need each other more than ever. I am in charge of a small but strong operation working to stop the injustice the Galactic Empire has been spreading across the galaxy. I don't know if any of you will ever hear this, or if you're even alive... but if you girls are still out there, I need you. I know you must be afraid to come back out to fight, against the empire that defeated us long ago. But you're not alone. No one is ever alone. And if you get this message... come and find us. May the Force be with you."


The sun began to rise early the next morning. Sunset Shimmer met with the adults who were finishing the rest of their coffee outside the Sweetie Drop, trying to wake up.

"Morning Rainbow, Applejack, happy couple," Sunset teased.

"Do we have to leave so early?" Lyra pouted. "I'm not used to getting up at this hour."

Bon Bon patted her shoulder and gave her wife a peck on the cheek. "We'll need to get ourselves a new sleep schedule."

"Yeah..." Lyra sighed, holding her wife's hand.

"Where are the kids? Shouldn't we be going?" Rainbow asked, looking around.

Applejack looked across the hangar, playfully rolling her eyes. "There they are."

In an exaggerated manner, Flurry Heart was seen walking in front of Team Six with the most overconfident smirk on her face, adjusting her clone trooper armor on her arms. Silverstream twirled a long staff, while her wings were spread open behind her like she was ready to fly. Yona adjusted the Yakyakiee sash on her waist, and fixed the bandoliers strapped on her torso. Sandbar took a sip of some soda rather casually. Gallus twirled some knives around in his claws while his paws firmly pressed into the ground. Smolder's nose smoked as she bared the same confident grin as Flurry Heart. Last of all, Ocellus, just normally walked while everyone else acted like they were strutting on a runway.

"How long have you guys been practicing that walk?"

"We did this for about fifteen more times," Ocellus said, rather annoyed.

"What? We're going off on a mission, we've gotta look cool as heck," Smolder beamed, shrugging.

"... I think I like this one," Rainbow smirked, looking at Applejack.

"Ladies, can we get going? We have friends who might not make it to the next day if we're wasting time," Sunset said, a bit annoyed.

Understanding their boss' frustration, everyone cut the dramatics and ran up into the ship without delay. The adults ran up next, and so Sunset was the last one left to go up. Until--

"General!"

Sunset stopped going up the ship, turning around to see someone had called for him. A Lasat man with a distinguishable bo-rifle on his back, alongside a C1 unit; Chopper as she knew him as. She nodded to Bon Bon, telling her not to take off just yet. Stepping down she approached the man with a calm but soft smile.

"Yes Captain Orrelios?"

"We've had to put Hera into the medical ward. The baby isn't due for at least a few days, and I know none of us are in any danger but... would it be alright if Sabine and I stayed with her?"

"Of course, Zeb," Sunset nodded. "Look, she's not fit to go anywhere, it's more than okay if you and Sabine, and Chopper of course, want to take a few days off to keep your friend safe. Just remember; the important thing is to keep her calm."

"Womp womp womp!?" Chopper grunted. "Womp womp womp womp!"

"Yes, I know childbirth is terrifying, but you've gotta be there for her too," Sunset scrunched her face.

"Thank you, General. We appreciate it," the Lasat smiled.

Sunset nodded. "Tell her I give my regards, and hopefully we'll be back in one piece to see the new member of the Ghost crew."

With her last note delivered, she ran up the ship, allowing the two Ghost crew members to leave the hangar to get back to their assigned posts for the day. The hatch closed up on the ship, and the engines began to prime for takeoff.

Lyra and Bon Bon were back in the pilot chairs, while Rainbow and Applejack sat in the chairs behind them. Sunset's only safety was her standing and gripping on a safety bar on the side of Lyra and Bon Bon's chairs. Team Six along with Flurry just sat in the booth back in the living area, or at the computer built into the wall.

Lyra flipped several switches and knobs, making sure everything was set the way they should.

"Coordinates are set and locked on," Lyra notified.

"Hyperdrive engine active," Bon Bon added.

"Air supply on," Sunset checked.

"Engines are 100% operational," IG-11 informed from the coms.

"Let's take off."

The Sweetie Drop began to rise off the hangar and pull out of it's spot. Turning around, the landing gear folded up and the ship flew out of the second hangar on the main temple. Blasting off the for the sky, a Rebel scout from a tower watched as they departed before resuming back to his post.

Now the ship was out in space, Lyra and Bon Bon made the final preparations to make the jump.

"Next stop, Scarif."

Within seconds, the Sweetie Drop punched into hyperspace.