• ...
 10
 186

Chapter 9: The Day of the Tournament

[3 Weeks later]

That was the day, the moment Sunset Shimmer and Sunlight Blaze had been waiting for. A lot happened during the last weeks to both of them. But now, Sunset was flying at high speed on the top of Latias, in direction of the Kalos Pokemon League, who would take place to Lumiose city once again. She arrived a few minutes later at the entrance of the town and ran in the streets until she found the Stadium. On his side, Sunlight was riding his Charizard above the city and landed in front of the stadium entrance. He is soon joined by Sunset and her friends Clemont and Bonnie. She jumped in the arms of Sunlight and hugged him.

“I am happy to see you too Sis, he said. Let me tell you i worked hard these last 3 weeks...”

“Where have you been during this time?” she asked.

“I was in another region, Alola, he answered. Charming place, i have to say. I had lot of fun here. It was sunny, warm, calm, i highly recommend you to visit it.”

A woman in the intercom told to all the participants to gather in the trainers room. Sunlight and Sunset obeyed and entered in the main chamber where they saw a lot of trainers.

“Hum, there is a lot of people in there, said Sunset. From what the women said, They already made the battle schedule for the tournament. I hope you and me won’t battle each other in the first round.”

“I wouldn’t mind fighting you in the first round, he said. But yeah, our battle would be more exciting if we fought in finale...”

A Screen in the room showed the match-ups for the first round. By chance, Sunset would battle in the 3rd match and Sunlight, in the last one. Dianthea suddenly showed up, with Sycamore on her sides. She made an opening speech on how she was happy to be here and declared the League started. The Presentator called the two first trainers to come on the battlefield. While the match was on, Sunlight thought about how hard the 3 last weeks in Alola were for him. In 3 weeks, he completed the Z-Trial and obtained his Z-bracelet from Kukui, Made tons of friends, helped the Aether Foundation to capture and fight Ultra-Beasts and catched 2 new Pokemons. On her Side, Sunset thought about the training she was put through with Mewtwo. As for Clemont and Bonnie, the two trainers found their way out the cave and decided to return to Lumiose city and wait for Sunset to show up. The first match then ended and the second began. But the battle was over in a matter of minutes.

“Alright, said Sunset. It is my turn. For this round, i will use Gardevoir, Alakazam and Gallade.”

Sunset and her opponent were called by the presentator. She walked in a corridor and arrived in the battlefield. The referee announced the rules of the battle and gave the start signal. Sunset sent out Alakazam and her opponent, a girl, sent out a Scizor.

“Scizor!! Said the girl. Use Bug Buzz!!”

Scizors projected a powerful sound wave at Alakazam and the pokemon covered his ears.

“Now, use X-Scissors!!” said the girl.

The Pokemon’s pincers glowed of a green light and charged at Alakazam.

“Dodge, Alakazam!! Said Sunset, and strike back with Psychic”

Alakazam avoided Scizor’s attack, then used his psychic powers to send him against a big rock Boulder.

“Now, use Power Swap!!” said Sunset

Alakazam and Scizor are surrounded by a psychic magic aura. Alakazam then swapped his aura with the one of Scizors in the form of a psychic energy bound.

“Hum, i see, said the girl. You used Power Swap to swap my Scizor’s high physical attack with your Alakazam’s low one. But by doing that, you also swapped his high special attack with my Pokemon’s low one. Big Mistake!!”

“We’ll see about that!!” said Sunset.

“Scizor!! Use Bug Buzz!!” said the girl.

“Alakazam!! Use Disable!!” said Sunset.

Alakazam took the hit, but survived, and used Disable on Scizor.

“You think that will stop me? She said. Scizors!! Use Flash Cannon!!”

Scizor blasted two silver energy beam at Alakazam.

“Dogde them, Alakazam!! Said Sunset. And try to get close of Scizor!!”

Alakazam avoided the metallic beams with difficulty but got face to face with Scizor.

“Grrr!! Scizor, use X-Scissors!!” said the girl.

“You wish!! Said Sunset. Alakazam, use Draining Punch!!”

Alakazam punched Scizor in the guts, draining a lot of his vital energy and blasting him away.

“Use Psychic and bring him back!! Said Sunset. Then use Draining Punch again!!”

Alakazam used his psychic powers on Scizor to bring him back in front of him and punched him with another Draining Punch, putting Scizor K.O.

“Scizors is K.O!!” said the referee.

“What a devastating combo!! Said the Presentator. That was a perfect use of Psychic in a battle and Alakazam probably recovered from his injuries using Draining Punch on Scizor!”

While the battle continued, Sunlight decided to leave the room and went outside the stadium. He is suddenly interrupted by a mysterious trainer with dark blue hairs and a fluffy blue flame scarf.

“So, you are the trainer Sycamore talked me about, said the man. I saw you in the Pokemon Lab when you were picking yout starter. My name is Alain. I am Sycamore’s assistant and i also won in the Kalos Pokemon League finale. I know you have a Charizard and that it can Mega-Evolve into Mega-Charizard X. But unlike mine, yours is Shiny.”

“Hum, let me guess, you want to battle me? Asked Sunlight. My Mega-Charizard vs your Mega-Charizard...”

“Sound good for me, he answered. Let’s fight somewhere else, though. I know just the place.”

Alain led Sunlight to a part of the stadium terrain that was unused for the moment. Both sent out their Charizard at the same time.

“Let’s get started, said Sunlight. I crave for a good fight!”

“I am totally agree” said Alain.

Both activated the Mega-Evolution at the same time. When they were both Mega-evolved, Alain and Sunlight looked at each other.

“Charizard, said both of the trainers at the same time. Use Dragon Claws!!”

The two Pokemon’s claws clashed against each other, causing a huge blast of wind and energy. The two trainers smiled at each other. Meanwhile, Sunset had beat her opponent last pokemon and was heading in the participants room, but she didn’t saw Sunlight in it.

“Hum, where is he? She asked. Mew, can you find him and teleport me near him?”

Mew heard it and obeyed to her request. He teleported her near the arena where Sunlight and Alain were fighting.

“Mew! She said. Why did you brought me in the middle of nowhere?”

She heard an explosion and immediately ran in the direction the sound came. She soon arrived to the top of a hill where she saw Sunlight and his Mega-Charizard fighting a trainer looking the same age than him who also had a Mega-Charizard.

“That guy, she thought. I saw him in Sycamore’s lab the other day!! I think his name was Alain”

“Charizard, use Dragon Rush!!!” said Alain.

“And you, Charizard, use Outrage!!!” Said Sunlight.

The two Pokemon’s attack touched their target and caused a insane shockwave of energy that blew Sunset away. Sunlight and Alain heard her scream while she was falling off the cliff and stopped the battle to see who it was. Sunlight recognized his sister and went down the hill to stop her fall. He caught her in his arm. She made an embarrassed smile and laughed nervously.

“Sorry, brother, she said. Hum, you can put me down, now”

Sunlight obeyed and dropped her on the ground. Sunset got up and excused to him and Alain for interrupting their battle.

“Why are you here anyway?” asked Sunlight.

“I won my battle and looked in the trainers room to see if you were here, she answered. But you were not inside it. So, i asked to my pokemon to teleport me close of your location. Then, i just had to follow the explosions noises coming from this place and found you 2.”

Sunlight brought his Charizard back to normal and put him in his Pokeball. Alain also cancelled the Mega-evolution, but let his Charizard out.

“We will continue that battle another time, said Alain. Well, have fun, you two, i have something to do!”

He left the place on the back of his pokemon and disappeared in the horizon.

“Hum, said Sunlight. I imagine that make us free for the rest of the day. I only battle tomorrow and you, probably the next day after my match. So, wanna do something with me?”

“I do!! Answered Sunset. Why don’t we go in town? There is a lot of attractions and place i didn’t have time to visit!”

“Why not? Said Sunlight. This is a better idea than what i was thinking of”

“What do you mean by that? Asked Sunset. Like a battle?”

“Not exactly, he answered. I was thinking that you and me could ride on the back of my Charizard and fly in the sky.”

“Oh...said Sunset. I thought you had something else in mind”

Sunlight stared at her with disappointment and disgust.

“Please, he said. Should i remember you that we are related? Beside, i have no interest for these things anyway. If i did, i would have got laid with many girls since the time.”

“I am sorry, she said. Forgot that conversation and come with me. That city won’t explore itself!!”

Sunset started running down the city and Sunlight followed her slowly.

Author's Note:

There will be a 3 Chapter extra story on the Adventures of Sunlight in Alola. They will be in a separated Volume called: The Odyssey of Sunlight Blaze, Apprentice Hero: Bonus scenes. I am conscious that i rushed many of the volume's story plots and that i jumped many funny side-plots and this is why i will do that.