• Published 27th Jul 2020
  • 931 Views, 9 Comments

The Heart of Chaos: Discord's Origins - The Ravenclaw Queen



Everypony knows of the reign of chaos a thousand years previously, when Discord ruled all the land with no mercy, but not one of them has ever questioned how he came to be . . .

  • ...
2
 9
 931

Chapter 4: Draconequus Training 101

“Well, well,” Bill said, looking all around. “This is definitely a great place you’ve got here!” He watched the various animals who had gathered around the two chaotic beings to stare at the newcomer in wonder.

“Oh, it’s really not that much,” Discord said, his tone an attempt at humility but betrayed by the confident grin he wore as he petted one of the fire-breathing monkeys that had landed on his shoulder. “Just the modest abodes of one . . . draconequus of chaos, as I suppose that’s what I am.” The monkey suddenly belched a stream of violently pink flames across DIscord’s face, then leapt onto a nearby land mass with a screech.

“You know kid, you surprise me,” Bill said, looking up at the colorful sky above. “You’re not that old and you didn’t know how to teleport, but you managed to create all this on your own? How’d you do it?”

Discord, who had just been using a summoned hose to wash off all the scorch marks from his face, looking up with a shrug. “I don’t really know myself; I had simply woken up here, where it had been all dark and empty, but then I guess it sort of, took the ideas that I had come up with for this place and just made them happen. No snap of any claws.”

Bill turned towards Discord, who was surprised to see how delighted Bill looked by that information. “Subconscious magic, eh? Yeah, that’s some pretty powerful stuff but damn, I sure wasn’t expecting this!” He spread his arms out to the dimension, laughing. “You wait till you get all your powers under control, kid. You just wait!”

Discord grinned at the idea, but then noticed something odd about Bill while the latter continued to study the chaotic realm. Discord pulled out a large magnifying glass and held it up to the dream demon’s side, frowning.

“Say Bill, didn’t you say you got a physical form whenever you managed to leave the Nightmare Realm and go somewhere else?” he asked. “Because you still look awfully 2-D to me.”

“Yeah, I noticed that too,” Bill replied, looking back at the draconequus. He summoned his black cane and began twirling it on his arm. “That only happens in metaphysical and mental places, but I know for sure that this isn’t one of those.” He reached up and tapped the air a couple times, and the sound of knocking as though on a door echoed from the taps, though they never connected with anything solid. “That means your world is just a pocket dimension, not a full-blown one.”

“Really?” Discord looked around at his realm. “How do you know?”

Bill chuckled, pointing a finger towards himself. “I’m the all-knowing eye, kid; I know lots of things.” He started about the dimension again, twirling his cane once more. “Basically, this realm is an offshoot of another, more powerful dimension.” Bill tapped his cane to his “chin”, wearing a ponderous expression. “Hmmm.” He turned then to Discord. “Didn’t you mention a world that you were getting bad vibes off of earlier?”

“Yeah.” Discord looked for the spot where he had made the window to that boring world of ponies, but then he remembered his newfound skill, and closed his eyes, searching with his mind instead. He soon found the same thin barrier, this one separating his realm from that first one he had seen, and with another snap opened up a new hole in the wall.

He and Bill floated over to the portal and peered out onto a large stretch of land surrounded by forest and mountains, with small dots scattered over the ground. Bill reached over and placed his pinched thumb and index finger above the scene and stretched them apart, causing their view to zoom in dramatically. Now the dots were clearly visible as groups of cottages and various ponies.

“Oh yeahhh, I remember this world,” Bill said, studying the ponies below. “It’s called Posæduum, but that’s an archaic name; the different creatures in this dimension are so unaware of each other’s existence that they probably don’t even realize there’s an entire world beyond their own societies that’s got its own name.”

The repulsive force Discord had felt earlier was gone now, but the memory of it lingered. He told Bill as much, and Bill nodded thoughtfully.

“Well, you’re a draconequus, kid. Another thing I forgot to mention: you’re created out of the opposite of whatever you stand for. So since you’re a spirit of chaos and general disorder, you were probably created out of a strong act of harmony among these inferior horses.” Bill’s eye suddenly widened a bit, and he turned to Discord. “You said you’re just a few hours old, eh? I’ll bet you were born from Grogar’s defeat. When that crazy ram turned up in the Nightmare Realm I went to go talk to him, and it turns out that the ponies defeated him by learning teamwork.” Bill rolled his eye. “Then he just yelled at me to leave him be and didn’t seem at all interested in my offer to help him get back to Posæduum. What a grouch.”

“That sounds about right,” Discord replied, studying the ponies below him. “Not long after I got this place chaos-ified, I felt that force coming from this world, and when I went to check it out I saw these guys holding a ceremony to celebrate his defeat.”

“Well, there ya go!” Bill exclaimed. “I’m a bit surprised, of course, since these ponies and their society are actually some of the least developed in this entire world and plenty of other kingdoms have been well established for some time now, but then again they’ve always seemed to have the most influence on this dimension for some reason.” Bill flew a bit back and faced the draconequus.

“Harmony and order is your natural enemy, kid, and basically your only weakness. Whenever you’re near a strong dose of it, you’re going to feel that same nausea, but to varying degrees, depending on how much of it there is and whether or not there’s actual magic involved. So if you were to go into a non-magical dimension and witness something like what you did earlier, you’d still be affected by it but it wouldn’t be too bad, whereas in Posæduum you’ll feel it a hell of a lot more. In that world, harmony and friendship have actual magical powers, so you’ll have to watch out for it.” He then sealed up the portal by tracing his cane up over the tear.

Discord took a moment to process this information. “How odd, that mere concepts can hold actual power in that world. But then again, I exist, so I suppose that does make sense.”

Bill laughed. “Kid, when it comes to creatures like us, there is no making sense. Now,” he floated back so that he was facing Discord at more of a distance. “We need to get that subconscious magic flowing through the rest of your mind. Just follow my lead!”

Under Bill’s guidance, Discord practiced opening more portals to different worlds by using the various holes he had felt earlier, only now he realized that there had never actually been any holes. What he had been feeling were all the various universes that neighbored his, and which shared an interdimensional wall with his realm. After practicing for quite a while, Discord only had to think of wherever it was that he wished to travel to, and with one snap of claws a magnificent portal would immediately appear before him. These shimmering barriers between worlds that he felt in his mind, the draconequus realized, were as impenetrable to mortal creatures like those in Posæduum as a stone wall was to a bunny, but for him they were more like thin curtains hung up to block off different rooms in a house. Really, they’re more just suggestions for barriers, Discord reasoned to himself. After all, there aren’t exactly multiverse police to stop me from going wherever I want, are there?

“Look at you go!” Bill exclaimed with glee after a while as he watched the speed and apparent ease with which Discord opened up gateways to other worlds.

They next worked on summoning things. Discord had already done pretty well on certain objects, especially things he was already familiar with, but Bill began to push him to simply come up with things on the spot, those that either he had never seen before or only existed in his imagination. At first he took ideas from the unique creature hybrids living in his dimension, but soon enough he was creating new ones, his mind jumbling together the wackiest combinations faster and faster as practiced more, until Discord felt as though his claws were to fall off at any moment. But overall he felt much better than he had before; he was aware of so much power now flowing through his entire body, which made it such a wonder that it had all been locked away in his mind before he’d been able to access it.

Bill was clearly impressed, however. “Nice work, kid! Now, let’s try something new, liiiike,” he turned to Discord with great glee, “summoning a creature from another dimension.”

Discord stared at the demon. “Can I do that?”

Bill laughed wildly. “Man, I keep telling you - you can do anything!! Chaos defies all laws of gravity and physics! It doesn’t have to follow the order of any science! If you can imagine it, you can make it happen. Go ahead!” Bill waved his cane in a circle as an inviting gesture. “Try bringing in one of the guys from the Nightmare Realm. Anybody will do, if you can pick out any particular creatures you saw - except that demonic ram Grogar, I don’t really wanna deal with him right now.”

The idea of being able to break any natural law in existence was certainly appealing to the draconequus and, oddly enough, not something he had considered.

Time to defy nature, I suppose, Discord thought to himself. He closed his eyes and tried to recall every single detail of his memories from the Nightmare Realm, especially the monsters he had noticed besides Grogar and Bill. A few seemed to stand out more, but none of them were in clear enough focus for him to fixate on one in particular, so he just let his subconscious decide and snapped his claws.

Discord opened his eyes and was only partially surprised to see the creature suspended in the air before him. It seemed to be simply a blob of some sort of glowing greenish goo, roughly in the shape of a bell jar, with no distinct features anywhere on it. However, just then the blob seemed to turn slightly, as though it were looking at Discord, and then suddenly a wide smile spread out across its surface.

“The Smooze!” Bill exclaimed. “Not bad, kid, not bad at all!” He reached out to tap the Smooze a couple times over the head, but the Smooze seemed to shrink into itself a bit, cowering from Bill while the smile on its “face” slid into a fearful frown. Bill, however, did not appear to notice this odd behavior as he cackled again.

“Well, kid,” Bill said, turning back to the draconequus, “I haven’t really got anything more to teach you. I’d say you’re all ready to go!”

Excitement flooded Discord’s veins, but a tiny part of him frowned at these words. “That’s great - but what exactly am I ready for?”

Once again Discord got the feeling that if Bill had a mouth he’d be grinning widely. “What’d’ya think we were practicing for, kid, carnival tricks? It’s time to have a little fun, and show those other worlds how to party!”

He flicked his cane, and a large shimmering oval expanded to show a birds eye view of Posæduum.

Discord’s eyes widened. He had almost forgotten why he and Bill had come back to his realm. He grinned as he imagined bringing all his joyous chaos and fun to that painfully dull world.

“Well then what are we waiting for!” Discord exclaimed, and turning towards the glowing vision of Posæduum he snapped his lion claws. Instantly the glow tore away from the surface of the hole like a clear wrap, and the portal sat open and waiting for them.

“After you,” Discord said to his companion, bowing dramatically towards the portal. Bill tipped his hat with equal flair, before carefully gliding from the chaotic realm into Posæduum. Discord followed suit, but not before remembering to grab the now-smiling Smooze and bring it along.

Bill laughed with glee as he spun around, surveying the entire land before him. “Oh it’s happening, it’s finally happening!” he cried. Suddenly his body glowed brightly, and Bill stretched out his arms eagerly. “It’s time to get PHYSICAL!”

Discord watched, amazed, as flesh and tendons grew over Bill, followed by a sort of steel triangular pyraminx and finally a brilliant flash of light. When it cleared, Bill was hovering there, looking entirely normal except for his now-3D form.

“And now – !” Bill jabbed his cane at the sky, and a new portal was torn open. Discord looked up and saw the swirling darkness of the Nightmare Realm, as well as a group of monsters crowded at the portal entrance, leering and trying to push through all at once. Eventually they all managed to get through; there were about ten of them, all from the clearing where Bill’s throne had been, and all looking eager for action.

Bill turned towards Discord, excitement pouring from every crack of his pyramid body. “Let’s get this show started!

Comments ( 2 )

Update... Yay.:yay:

This game contain lots of entertainment in this free fortnite skins game you can play this game in mission way and connect more than other friends of your group.

Login or register to comment