• Published 24th Jul 2020
  • 2,583 Views, 91 Comments

Your Eyes On Me - DatZigga



So, there’s this cartoon I used to watch as a kid. I think it still wants me to...

  • ...
2
 91
 2,583

Entry #7 - Pinkie’s Lament

10/28

I was hoping I’d never have to write in this journal ever again.

So, some time has passed since I saw the tape. It freaked me out, to think that I was talking to...something that wasn’t there. And for so long too. The way Pinkie talked to me reminded me of a predator. A child predator. They talk to you sweetly, attempting to be as friendly as possible. Because you're a child, you don’t know any better. She even had me convinced enough to interact with the TV like it was a person.

The part that clinched the whole thing for me is what Pinkie said towards the end. Wherever they are, whatever they are, they are getting closer and closer to my world. They’re using me as a bridge. No wonder they’re so desperate for my attention: they’re using me as a tool and I’m their only tool.

What are they gonna do when they get here? Are they going to conquer my world? Are they really monsters disguised as a children’s show? Are they only after me?

I eventually decided that whatever the answer, it’s too dangerous to continue watching. There’s too much I don’t know and confronting them directly risks them further manipulating me. They seem to know a lot about me, even at a young age. The ponies have groomed me, as rough as it is to admit. I had to cut myself off. So, I did.

At least, I thought I did. Hence, this entry.

Today was a quiet day. I wasn’t feeling my best, but that’s nothing new and nothing I feel like writing in here. I often listen to music during these depressive periods, as a way to ride out the current wave. I was close to sleeping, so I wouldn’t be surprised if I was becoming delirious.

That’s when I heard it. An unlisted, unnamed song was queued up and started playing. It sounded something like this...


[Inside the page is a usb drive. The origin of the usb drive is unknown. When plugged into a USB port on a computer with an operating software, a .mp3 file is presented on screen. The file name is “Pinkies_Lament.mp3”.]


AUDIO LOG

[BEGIN LOG]

[Dead air fills the first couple seconds. Then, a piano plays in the background.]

My little human, what to say to you
You’ve caught my eye and I barely know your name
When you gazed upon my world, you smiled
And it warmed my heart

I’m dedicating every day to you
A simple life was never quite Pinkie’s style
When you smile, you knock me out
I fall apart and I thought I was so smart

I‘ll take away your frustrations
I’ll laugh and cry with you, I’ll be beside of you
You’re the center of my fixation
If it’s alright with you, I’ll find my way to you

And take you far away
Someday, someday
We won’t be so far away
Someday, someday

Oh, human, when you smile I am undone
You’re fun
So much fun
Your smile is all I’m looking for
If only you could stick around

Oh, human, your smile outshines Celestia’s sun
Her sun
When you smile
I fall apart, and I thought I was so smart

I wish that we could be friends (I wish that we could be friends)
I wish I could be there with you
I’ll do whatever it takes (I’ll smash the screen til it breaks)
So that I can be there for you

I’ll save you from your isolation
I’ll laugh and cry with you, I’ll be beside of you
I’ll run away from my own nation
If I could be with you, I’d do it all for you

I can take you far away
Someday, someday
We won’t be so far away
Someday, someday

[Another seconds of dead air. A sad sigh can be heard faintly in the background.]

[END LOG]


So, yeah. I have no idea what that’s about. Is it another case of the show trying to trick me? I can’t but feel a sense of earnestness. The most curious thing about it? The song was familiar. It was like a lullaby, long suppressed in my unconsciousness. I’m going to assume that this is the case because at this point, there’s no point in playing 20 questions with myself.

In short, it’s about time I had a talk with them. Face-to-face.

Author's Note:

A chapter that’s just an excuse to post a lyrical parody of “Dear Theodosia” from the hit Broadway musical Hamilton by Lin-Manuel? My ninja, you know it!