• Published 27th Jul 2020
  • 1,386 Views, 9 Comments

Horribilia somnium, - NorthernLegacy



Princess Luna has been plagued by nightmares for months

  • ...
2
 9
 1,386

Horribillia somnium

The only chapter: Horribillia somnium

"Sister Please!" Princess Luna cried as her older Sister stared down at her with a heavy frown, for 10 minutes she had listened to Her sister yell at her before finally breaking down in tears. Princess Celestia sighed and looked at her sister

"Luna, sister, your making this harder then it has to be. Twilight is a much better match for the throne then you are, She is more popular and more knowledgeable in Modern day society and is more favoured among the nobles then you" Celestia Finished as she turned her attention back to the Mountain of paperwork beside her. She had to get through the equestrian annual tax revenue in less then a week and had barely begun to scratch at it.

"B-but Tia i can learn! I can become a better princess with a little time and I-" Celestia cut her off with a magical spell that clamped Luna's jaw shut

"ENOUGH SISTER!" She bellowed using her royal canterlot voice, catching Luna of guard and making her flinch "I have had enough of your whining, this IS happening if you like it or not. Twilight will ascend to the throne and you, As always will sit down and do what your told" Celestia stated with a annoyed look in her eye. Luna stared at her in shock, for Millennia she and her sister had been together, through thick and thin, wars and famine. Only to be cast aside like some unloved pet for a younger model.

"So all these years, all these hardships and success. J-just...to be cast ASIDE!?!?" Luna bellowed "Do I mean nothing to you?! Your my sister! and I have been with you since this planet was just a burning rock!" She stopped to take a deep breath through her nose before starting again "D-do even love me anymore?" she finished, her voice much more quite and tame then at the beginning.

Celestia glared at Luna with an undying anger in her eyes. And began charging her horn, Luna started to backpedal to the throne room door but magical shackles held her in place. "Sister!? What are you doing?! Release me!" But Luna's cries fell on death ears as Celestia's eyes turned a blinding white and finally shot a beam of pure magic at her sister. Luna shrieked in blinding agony as she felt her horn and magic get stripped away from her in holy rage. Finally the beam stopped and on the floor lay Luna, her mane was no longer a magical universe flowing in a silent wind, but a short light blue colour. Her horn was gone too. what was left was a burn mark and charred fur. Luna writhed in agony on the ground as Celestia walked silently towards her.

She stopped a few feet away from her and spoke in a firm and angry voice
"From here on out, You. Luna Mediae Alexandria. Are hereby banished from Canterlot and all territories that Equestria has claims too and owns, any attempt to enter these areas will automatically result in immediate arrest and jail with no trial. Have i made myself clear!?! Celestia boomed as Luna silently looked up at her with tear stained eyes and nodded.
"Good. now....Get. Out" Celestia finished with a sadistic smile on her face

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Luna awoke with a startled gasp and frantically felt for her horn, sighing in relief as she felt it on her skull but panic still swept through her body. Unable to hold her emotions of any long she curled up on her bed and wept, for months she had been having the same nightmare over and over again. To the point where she was scared to even sleep in fear of having it again. Her crying grew louder as thoughts flew through her mind. 'Was it a warning?' she wondered or 'maybe a glimpse of the future' No. she mentally scolded herself, Its just a bad dream, she told herself. A horribly bad dream that she had no control over. Luna gently stood up and let out a shaky breath, it had only been six months since she returned from the moon. Her body was still that of a foal but her mind hadn't changed, oh no she was still the same Luna that ran from ancient lizards and fought against the beasts that prowled the ocean. But for the first time in millennia. She was scared.

Luna silently walked to the door and opened it slowly and peeked her head out. The guards weren't there, but she heard the marching of hooves down the hall. She closed her door and walked the short distance to Celestia's room, and silently opened the large door. Celestia's room was grand, a large fireplace sat in the corner and a bed big enough for ten ponys sat against the wall, several cushions littered the floor and a grand bookcase filled with ancient books and the cheesy romance novels that Celestia for some reason liked. Luna turned her attention to the bed again, A large mass could be seen under the thick duvet and blankets. Luna quietly walked over to the bed and climbed up the side. And their she lay, her older sister. Still as beautiful and as benevolent as ever, sleeping silently and peacefully in the moons light.

Luna gently levitated the blankets up and curled up in a ball next to her sister, Luna sighed in relief as she didn't wake her sist- "L-luna? what are you doing?" A tired yet kind voice spoke softly into her ear. Luna turned her head to see Celestia staring down at her.

"I-I had a n-nightmare Tia, I'm sorry for w-waking you, ill go back to my room" Luna said in a sad and quiet voice as she slowly started to get the bed.

Celestia felt her older sister instincts kick in as she put a hoof on on Luna's shoulder. "Luna, wait, whats wrong?" Celestia asked in a kind motherly voice. Luna turned back to look at her

"I've been having these horrible nightmares Tia. No matter what spell I use or what the therapist says they wont go away and I-"

Celestia put a hoof on Luna's mouth "Shhhhhh" Celestia whispered quietly into her ear. Celestia stared into Luna's eyes and saw the fear which she felt. "Do you want to talk about it?" Celestia asked quietly while stroking Luna's back with her hoof

“A few months after I came back from the moon I started to have these nightmares" Luna said and Celestia listened "They were about you punishing me for what i did to ponykind all those years ago or me being humiliated in the streets like a common criminal"

Celestia was shocked, did her sister really think that she would do anything like that?, she was about to open her mouth but Luna cut her off "It started getting worst after I went to my therapist about it, It went from just simple punishments to me being chained down and beaten or being exiled from Equestria" Luna finished with moist eyes. Celestia just stared at her sister with a horrified and sad look in her eyes. She would never hurt Luna in any way but she couldn't but feel guilty as her sister started crying in her hooves.

Celestia wiped Luna's eyes with a hoof and lifted her chin up to her gaze. A gentle smile spread across Celestia's face "Its OK Luna, you can sleep with me tonight" Celestia said in a kind and warm voice as Luna cuddled up to her warm stomach. Celestia looked down at her and gently planted a kiss underneath her horn

"I will never let anyone hurt you Luna, not now and not in a another billion years on this planet" Celestia stated

"I know Tia...I know" Luna started to drift off in Celestias warmth.

Celestia covered Luna in a white wing and pulled the blankets back up over her. Luna let out a content sigh as she felt her fear slowly fade away and sleep overcome her. She knew deep down that the nightmares would return, but Celestia will keep her safe, She was her anchor in the storm and would never hurt her


....Right?

Author's Note:

Hello!, this is my first story that i have written without help, I am very proud of it and I hope you all like it too! If you sport any grammar mistakes please leave them in the comments and any constructive criticism is welcome!

Comments ( 9 )

I feel like Luna should have also told Celestia about how in the nightmare with Celestia seems to have screwed Luna over in favor of Twilight there.

Certainly resonated with how I feel about the writers handling Luna in the show. With how it felt like Luna got screwed over in favor of Twilight there.
Like with Celestia setting everything up(heck, Harmony probably planned all of this) for Twiligh to get the throne but at the expense of Luna in a way.
With her not getting to rule anymore despite she just got back to the moon to making her stay at the sidelines like in Crystal Empire for the sake of Twilight's "test".

10355115
I was originally planning on adding Luna telling Celestia about her nightmare to the story, but me being tired and already stressed out by how long it took me to even get the first section done decided to scrap and rewrite most of the story

10355177
Oh.
Well that sucks..

Hot Damn, i always love the open endings.

....Right?

now thats what i call foreshadowing

....Right?

now thats what i call foreshadowing

She stopped a few feet away from her and spoke in a firm and angry voice "From here on out, You. Luna Mediae Alexandria. Are hereby banished from Canterlot and all territories that Equestria has claims too and owns, any attempt to enter these areas will automatically result in immediate arrest and jail with no trial. Have i made myself clear!?! Celestia boomed as Luna silently looked up at her with tear stained eyes and nodded. "Good. now....Get. Out" Celestia finished with a sadistic smile on her face

here's a good beginning for generic revenge fantasy novel.

Login or register to comment