• Published 24th Jul 2020
  • 362 Views, 3 Comments

Into The Shadows - ShadowRazer2121



The story of how shadows came to be unforgiving.

  • ...
3
 3
 362

Chapter 3: Unleashed

Ponyville was in a blaze while half Canterlot had fallen from its perch, killing almost half of its residents. other settle ments were in ruins after The element of shadow claimed his thrown over equestria and beyond. The planet soon became lifeless. vaults were built under ground as diamond dogs helped the ponies create these. Everypony, dragon, diamond dog, and griffon banded together to form the Equestrian Militia.


Twilight Sparkle and her friends where standing before Umbra as he laughed outloud in delight.

"You think even with your precious Elements YOU CANT STOP ME. Not even my sisters could so makes you any different." Umbra said in a mocking tone.

"We have no bitterness to you only confrontation to stop you Umbra. Your tyranny ends here Umbra." Twilight said.

"Bring it." Umbra said as he let out an ear splitting battle cry as he charged at the main six as the rainbow beam came down upon him with a bright flash, everything went black.


4 Days Earlier

Blacklight was waiting at the front of the castle doors waiting for him to show up. He was like a little brother to him. well then again, Twilight has a similar case. He suddenly heard a knock on the castle doors and opened it to find princess Celestia standing there.

"Hay, put me down you over grown horse." a childish voice said and saw a young colt wearing a pony skull on his head with his coat being black, while having grey fire decals going across his body. He also had a reptile tail instead of a pony tail. His mane gave off red a green flame as his eyes were nothing but purple orbs in his soulless eyes. After that insult some ponies gasped at his insult.

“mortem, mind not insulting the pony that agreed to get you out of Tartarus?” Blacklight said.

“Blacklight?” Mortem yelped as he wiggled in Celestia’s hold on him.

“Can you put him down please?” Blacklight said flatly.

“He is now under your custody.” Celestia said putting Mortem down.

Mortem quickly ran over to Blacklight hugging his foreleg. Soon he turned and gave Celestia an angry glare. With some annoying discussion Celestia finally left. Mortem stuck close to Blacklight smiling the entire time making his way with him to the map room. Where the main six were waiting for the surprise he had called them for. Blacklight soon walked in with a odd looking pony nestled between his wings. Looking at the castle and eventually to the map of Equestria.

“A map of Equestria? How much of it have you burned? What was or is the death toll? Tell me tell me tell me!!” Mortem started but was silenced by Blacklight by holding his hoof up.

“We made a deal with Celestia not to burn settlements down like we used to. Understand?” Blacklight said making Mortem put his head down.

“Now these are the Elements of Harmony. To be honest not the smartest of the bunch but, they get the job done.” Which earned a angry glare from all of them. Mortem tried to climb up onto the table his little legs being to small. He felt pressure under his rump and found himself being lifted up onto the map.

He looked at the map in in fascination touching everything. He wanted to touch everything but was pick up by Twilight. Earning her a death glare from Blacklight that basically said ‘if you don’t put him down I will kill you’. Which made Twilight give a light chuckle before floating him over to Blacklight who step forward a little to put himself in front of Mortem.

“Well darling aren’t you going to introduce him to us?” Rarity said.

“His name is death or preferably to be named Mortem. He was my friend during our glory days of burning and killing an...” he was cut off by Mortem.

“And it was really really really fun. We would zip and zoom away from guards and sometimes even kill them. I miss those days.” Mortem said only to see that everyone but Blacklight look disturbed by the fact.

“Anyway, Mortem is my charge and if anypony lays a hoof on him you will face my wrath Element of Harmony or not, you will answer to me. And you don’t go lying about it all because you don’t like somepony.” Blacklight said earning a furious nod from Mortem and the others.

“No then I have some catching up to do.” Blacklight said floating Mortem onto his back where the would make their leave.

As they walked through the market Mortem looked around in heavy fascination. Excited to be out of his prison. He soon wiggled on his back trying to get comfortable on his back.

Mortem started to sniff the air until he looked at Blacklight. “You contacted him again didn’t you?” Mortem said.

“Yes and I needed his help with something and that’s all.” Blacklight said.

“But why he is a complete dick.” Mortem said

“True but, he is the reason why you are here.” Blacklight said.

“Where are we even going.” Mortem asked which caused a smile to appear on Blacklight’s face.

“scholae.” Blacklight said which made Mortem’s pulps shrink the pin pricks.

“No, please no not again.” Mortem pleaded

“You think I had a choice? Celestia said you had too.” Blacklight said “and do not use that form switch to your normal pony form please?” Blacklight finished.

Soon he turned and found a pony with the same coat and everything even the tail except his mane and tail were a dark blue.

“That works now you need to get registered.” Blacklight said.

After a long and painfully long time of doing paper work and Mortem was supposed to start the next day. Blacklight only ever complained when he was the one in deep trouble which was a lot. After that they both noticed that the sun was going down over the horizon and they started to head back to the castle of friendship. When Blacklight stopped for a second he closed his eyes let his dark magic take over him making his eye start to glow green.

“Blacklight what is the problem? Who needs an ass kicking.” Mortem said as Blacklight finally spoke.

“hoc valere. He has awoken.” Blacklight said before picking Mortem and putting him onto his back and took off running towards the castle. Bucking the door open to the library making Twilight jump clinging to the ceiling.

“Twilight get your friends, now!” Blacklight said which only made her confused. Eventually she gathered all of her friends and all met in the map room where they found Blacklight had turned the Equestrian map with dark magic and a Mortem floating even though he did not have any wings.

“We have a big problem.” Blacklight said flatly without even looking at them. He picked up a symbol that had been written on a piece of parchment.

“Have you ever heard of the Dark Ages?” Blacklight asked.

“Um no why?” Twilight asked.

“The very being that caused it may have awoken.” Blacklight said.

“You Elements of Harmony are about to fight your equal or opposite whatever floats your boat.” Blacklight said before they started to explain the story of the Legend of the Element of shadow and how he was supposed to be harmony’s opposite to balance it out. When they all heard a roar so loud that Luna’s Royal canterlot voice would be dwarfed by how loud it was.

“He is here.” Blacklight said before everything went down from there.

Author's Note:

HAHAHAHAHA.......oh um hi.......oh yes an authors note, yes that...oh I got it.

FYI Mortem means death.

This chapter will hopefully be longer than the rest if not then that means I am saving the rest for something special.


For Interceptor I am working on art for him so it will make things easier for me.