• Published 24th Jul 2020
  • 365 Views, 3 Comments

Into The Shadows - ShadowRazer2121



The story of how shadows came to be unforgiving.

  • ...
2
 3
 365

Chapter 2: Silence

It was dark in the tomb Blacklight was in which confused him. After thinking for a bit he got up and walked through it, wondering how he had gotten there he did not have his magic. Which by all accounts scared him. He looked around the tomb curious about the writing on the wall. He recognized the writing as it belonged to a species long forgotten to pony kind. This language was what said species called Latin and at times it can confuse a pony if you don’t know what the definition is. He came to a statue in the middle of the tomb. He saw the writing on it and he read it out loud.

“His iacet umbra eius elementa, fidelis fratris nostri.” After reading the inscription he felt the tomb begin to shake emitting a low rumble as a voice broke the silence and spoke.

“Qui observat ad excito in reditu meo tenebras.
Semitam meam et dimisi omnes adversantes mihi ardere gehennae aeternum peribunt." the voice spoke with a low demonic tone as its voice verberated through out the tomb. At hereing those words he knew who this was and did not like who was behind it.

He woke up with a start. Sweat slid down the side of his face as he got up and headed to the library. Not bothering to put on his Hoodie in which he wore it everywhere he went. he opened the door walking by the room of the princess. Peaking into her room to make sure she was asleep. He took the book that was on the night stand. He saw the notes she had wrote down and saw she had called the language ancient ponish. It disgusted him at what they called a complex language that he was taut by the only creature that knew how to speak it. He grabbed the book and went to leave until he stepped on spikes tail making him yelp. With a flash of his horn he disappeared leaving a confused spike and an irritated Twilight.


When he got to the library he saw a table and decided that would be where he started. He began to read the text.

"In omnibus diebus nostris tamquam ab elementis concordia debet habere puto, sed non facilis parare non inmortalitate huius."(In all our time as the elements of the Harmony we did not think that we have a child to care for, but it is not easy even being immortal could not prepare us for this.) He said flipping the page and reading the title of this part.

He saw the line he was looking for and he read it with caution in his voice. Twilight soon walked in trying to stay quiet and listen to what he was saying.

"Dum lucem ac tenebris et umbra mortis, mortis in ortum."(As long as the light from the darkness, and the shadow of death, death will always be on the rise.) He said finishing the proficiency that the book had said. Why this was written in this language was beyond him. He was smarter than he looked. He just never showed it.

Letting out a deep sigh he closed the book. When he closed it he heard the voice of twilight Sparkle.

"How did you know what it said." She asked

"An old friend." he said flatly walking away.

"How are you able to speak ancient ponish? How did you know what it said, I mean I can't even figure that out an...." she was cut off by Blacklight.

"First off, stop calling it that, please? Second, I am not telling you what it says because I refuse to." Blacklight said as he walked by her leaving a confused Twilight Sparkle. He walked to his room. Opening the door, he walked in closing the door behind him. He went to his bed and pulled out an amulet and pushed a button on it. A shadowy figure appeared in front of him.

"What do you want?" The figure spoke with annoyance in its voice.


Blacklight woke up from a good nights rest and walked to the restroom and took a shower spiking up his mane like he always did. After he finished and started to the Kitchen to get some breakfast like he had been doing for the past 6 days and today he was actually excited because of tomorrow. Well, he never acted excited around others just more chipper as he called it but, he still went about his normal agenda. Go to the market, go to the ink and quill shop, and go back to the castle to read and keep on track with his Language skills with the ancient old language. He would always find Twilight in the library trying to listen on his learning and sometimes he would hear her actually working on something for the princess and he never cared to what happened. If he was being honest with him self the Sun Princess could rot in Tartarus for all he cared for.

"Blacklight?" Twilight Sparkle said his name with a hint of worry.

"What do you want?" He asked starting to get annoyed with her antics with the language he was taut by something else.

"Can you at least tell me wh....." Twilight was cut off.

"NO DAMIT I SAID NO and that is final. Twilight I have been nice about it again and again, my patience can only go so far." Blacklight said finally getting tired of her asking.

"I am going to bed and that is it." He said going to bed until he came across his room and entered.

He went to the bed and flopped onto it and got under the covers and soon tried to go to sleep. After awhile sleep came to him and he woke up in the same place as before except the statue was not there and dread filled his heart.


The tomb rumbled and shook violently until the Statue started to crack. it started to cut the stone that kept him imprisoned his prison would become his home, the source of his power, and most of all the reason for his existence. The stone pealed off of his scales as his red and purple eyes brought light to the darkened room as his life soon reverberated through out the world.

"Sit quod sciri quod elementum autem umbra, iam redierat!"(Let it be known that the element of shadow, HAS RETURNED) the element of Shadow said as he let out a roar that shook the very earth itself. As the dragon got up he headed for the tomb's exit, to his freedom, and to his revenge on pony kind for the sins of his sisters.


The tomb of the six bobies began to Glow a band of bright colors that made up the rainbow as the skeletal remains began to grow muscle, then flesh, then skin, and finally their coats. As misericordiam, Probitatis, Liberalitas, Fidelitas, Risus, and Magia all felt the power surge and all said the same name

"UMBRA!" All six said at once.

Author's Note:

I hope you guys enjoy this chapter I actually had to take a look at this one again and run it through some editing and because of that its shorter than expected so sorry.





Discord get the hose before they find out my plan








Next chapter might be important