• Published 23rd Jul 2020
  • 348 Views, 54 Comments

A Friend from the Stars - AntiBronyBenSwolo



After an eventful night, Twilight makes a new friend from the last place she'd expect; Outer Space

  • ...
5
 54
 348

S.M.I.L.E.

It was a quiet morning, as Cosmica was hard at work writing her new notes on what she had already learned about the Equestrian way of Life from Applejack, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, and Rarity, now that she had the time to hang out with them for herself rather than stalk them from her saucer. As she finished up her notes, Cosmica then began a few presentations of her own so she could share her alien way of life to Twilight and her new pony friends. Though her work would have to be postponed as a grumpy little growl quite concerned the space pony. Cosmica turned around to find Potato, her pet skunk, glaring with much rage in his eyes from within his cage. Cosmica decided it would be best to attend to her pet and continue her work later.

"And...uh...what is it you need help with now, my rather pungent friend?" Cosmica asked as Potato, as he squeaked a rant at Cosmica and placed a paw at the lock of the cage.

"So...it appears you need something. Alright, let me just get this out of the way..." Cosmica explained as she unlocked the cage and set Potato out of his cage. Potato grinned very mischievously as the moment he marched out the gate, he aimed his rear as Cosmica, preparing to fire his unpleasant spray.

"Hey, don't you point that at me. Remember what Fluttershy said?" Cosmica threatened though she was very worried as Fluttershy wasn't here to help Cosmica calm Potato down. Potato took advantage and snarled at Cosmica to back her off, to which she did.

"Computer! Activate defense foam!" Cosmica demanded in her native language, triggering a defense mechanism of her own, causing a mint-green substance to drop out of the ceiling and cover all of Potato, with the exception, right as he fired his awful stink. Cosmica breathed a sigh of relief as the smelly spray did not hit her and ended up in the foam encasement as it solidified.

"OK, if you could calm down and tell me why you're so upset, I'd gladly like to hear you out," Cosmica explained as Potato struggled to break free. Potato snarled and squeaked a long and loud rant at Cosmica, to which she could not understand what her pet was saying.

"Computer? Could you care to translate?" Cosmica asked in her alien language, as her computer flared up working on a translation.

"I'm afraid I cannot come up with an accurate translation as the supposed language the animal speaks is nothing like the language the ponies have been speaking. However, judging by the emotion the animal is showing, I'd say the animal is tired of being cooped up here and would like a breath of fresh air," The computer calculated as Cosmica turned to Potato, who had given up struggling to break free of the foam.

"Hey, is that why you're upset? You just wanna spend time outside?" Cosmica asked as Potato nodded, defeated.

"Okay, here's the deal. I'll get this foam off you, and we'll go for a walk together, but you cannot spray me," Cosmica proposed as Potato showed interest in Cosmica's proposal. Potato nodded in agreement as Cosmica broke the foam away from Potato, and threw the remains away. The entrance to the spacecraft lowered as Cosmica and Potato headed out for their long walk. It wasn't as hot as that heatwave a few days back, mainly due to a chill breeze calming everything down, showing signs of a perfect day. Potato galloped around playing in the grass after having been cooped up in a plastic cage in a metal alien ship for so long.

"You must really prefer the outdoors, huh?" Cosmica laughed as Potato nodded. Cosmica headed out to Ponyville with Potato close behind, as the two patrolled the outskirts of town, passing by everypony at least once without being spotted. Or, at least, they tried to. As Cosmica and Potato sat down at a park bench to take a breather, the alien got a gift for her little skunk.

"Hey, I have something for you," Cosmica said as Potato perked up in curiosity. Cosmica then got out a collar with Potato's name labeled on a flower pendant, and a leash so Cosmica doesn't lose track of him. Potato got the collar on and Cosmica hooked the leash up. And with that, the two continued their walk until they were approached by two mares; a cyan unicorn with a white stripe in her mane, and a cream-colored Earth pony with a purple and pink poofy mane.

"Oh, hi there. I don't think I've seen you around here before," The unicorn greeted as Cosmica got a little concerned as she didn't want to draw too much attention to herself, being an alien from another world and all that.

"Well, I'm new here anyway, so that must be why you've never seen me. Until now, at least," Cosmica said as she appeared to not seem conspicuous.

"You seem shy. Do you not have any new friends?" The Earth Pony asked as Cosmica backed up a bit.

"Well, I'm friends with who you call Princess Twilight, but I was told not to trust anypony other than her or her friends if that makes sense," Cosmica explained, backing up a bit more.

"Well, I'm an old friend of Twilight's from back when we were little Fillies, growing up together. I'm Lyra Heartstrings, and this is my girlfriend Bon Bon," Lyra explained as Cosmica breathed a sigh of relief.

"So, I reckon she's told you about me? I didn't see you or your significant other at my introduction party," Cosmica wondered as Lyra bumped her foreleg into Bon Bon's.

"Yep. Told us all about you. She even told us to come look for you," Bon Bon said, breaking a few sweats from her eyebrows. Cosmica then raised her eyebrow in curiosity.

"Did she tell you why?" Cosmica asked as Potato hid behind Cosmica for safety.

"You'll see it for yourself. Just come with us and we'll have ourselves a grand time," Lyra said, almost stuttering. Bon Bon chuckled nervously, making Cosmica suspicious now. Nevertheless, Lyra and Bon Bon led Cosmica and Potato out of the park and toward a rather large, black chariot with large pegasi stallions in black suits with sunglasses.

"This is...rather odd," Cosmica noted. "Aren't Princess Twilight's chariots gold with soldiers in golden armor?" Lyra and Bon Bon looked at each other rather worryingly.

"Don't...don't worry about it. Just get in," Lyra suggested as Cosmica hesitated. Potato sniffed around for anything suspicious, tugging at his leash, and ended up causing Bon Bon to drop her wallet, which had an ID. But it wasn't just any ID. It had an image of Bon Bon with dark shades over her eyes with the acronym "S.M.I.L.E." labeled on the top. Bon Bon gasped at the wallet as Potato wailed in alarm, warning Cosmica of what's to come. Cosmica then tried to gallop away with Potato following behind her as the two suit-wearing ponies unhitched themselves and surrounded Cosmica from the front. She then tried to make her escape from the rear but found Lyra and Bon Bon wearing the same shades and covering her exit. Cosmica was trapped.

"It doesn't have to be this way," Lyra warned as Cosmica backed herself up against the large cart.

"You're not really friends with Twilight, are you?" Cosmica asked as one of the stallions chuckled.

"To be honest, we actually are friends with Princess Twilight. But Twilight wasn't the reason we were sent for you," Bon Bon explained as Cosmica had a hard time trying to figure this all out without panicking.

"Now just come with us, drop your pet cat, and--" Lyra demanded as a large green foul-smelling cloud surrounded the mysterious ponies, stunning the ponies. Cosmica chuckled as she held her nose and let Potato hop onto her back.

"You might need to learn your biology again," Cosmica taunted as she made her get away from the shade-wearing ponies, who growled in disappointment.

"HQ is not gonna like this," Lyra commented as Bon Bon comforted her.

"This wouldn't have happened if you knew her pet was a skunk ahead of time," Bon Bon said, pushing the blame onto her marefriend.

"How is this my fault? You're the one who said she never had a pet, to begin with," Lyra said, shifting the blame back onto Bon Bon.

"Regardless, Headquarters isn't gonna like how you let her escape," one of the stallions said, covering his nose with his wing to bock out the smell of skunk.

"Shut up and capture the alien!!!" Lyra and Bon Bon yelled as the four agents charged after Cosmica with Potato in tow. Cosmica tried her best to keep her presence hidden. But with four angry ponies hot on her tail, she didn't have much of a choice. Cosmica hopped and swerved throughout the marketplace as Bon Bon and Lyra managed to keep up with her. Cosmica then made it to the outskirts of town, where she saw her spaceship in sight. Though Cosmica was slowly running out of breath, and Lyra and Bon Bon were catching up to her. Cosmica then sprinted back to her ship, but not before Bon Bon managed to pounce on Cosmica, holding her down. Potato rolled off of Cosmica's back and could only watch.

"What do you...even want with me?" Cosmica asked, struggling to break free of Bon Bon's grasp.

"To take care of threats Equestria doesn't even know exist. And that includes you," Lyra explained as she caught up to the two. Cosmica cried out for help as Potato prepared himself to spray the two, causing Lyra to chuckle.

"Don't even bother. I doubt it'd work a second time," Bon Bon said. Regardless, Potato sprayed Bon Bon off of Cosmica's back and even got Lyra while he was at it. Bon Bon coughed for fresh smelling air.

"Apparently it can work a second time," Lyra quipped as Bon Bon lied down.

"Shut up," Bon Bon coughed as Lyra chuckled. Cosmica then made it to her spacecraft, where Potato managed to get back into his cage, this time to protect himself for what's to come. Cosmica prepared herself as Bon Bon and Lyra then followed her into the alien craft.

"Nowhere to run," Bon Bon said as Cosmica smirked.

"I don't need to," Cosmica remarked as two large globs of foam landed on and surrounded Lyra and Bon Bon before completely solidifying and holding the two mares still.

"Now, what do I do with you?" Cosmica asked as Lyra and Bon Bon struggled to break free of the foam.

"Your invasion will never win, Alien!" Lyra snarled as Cosmica chuckled.

"I'm not here to invade though, so your pony-kind is safe. Though I can't let you leave with the knowledge that an alien is here," Cosmica said as she stroked her chin hoping to come up with some sort of plan.

"What are you going to do?" Bon Bon asked, worried Cosmica's gonna perform some sick twisted experiment on her. Though Cosmica had another idea in mind.


Lyra woke up soundly in bed as Bon Bon slept soundly beside her.

"Woah, I just had the craziest dream last night," Lyra said, as her head was pounding as if an entire orchestra fell on top of her head. Lyra sniffed around and noticed an awful smell.

"Phew! Bon Bon, was that you?" Lyra asked, holding her nose. Bon Bon then woke up, rubbing her eye as the awful smell hit her nose as well.

"Awww, gross. You stink!" Bon Bon groaned, holding her own nose. The two bickered much longer as Cosmica, Potato, and Twilight spectated from outside their bedroom window.

"Thanks for erasing their memories Twilight. I really owe you one," Cosmica said as Potato sat beside his alien friend.

"Yeah, don't mention it. Though it's strange I never heard of this 'S.M.I.L.E.' before until now. I'll try to see what I can uncover. In the meantime, just relax, and maybe get yourself a better smelling pet," Twilight joked as Cosmica headed back to her spaceship, now perfectly peaceful and quaint. But for how long?