• Published 27th Aug 2012
  • 6,798 Views, 197 Comments

Over The Rainbow - Kwisatz-Haderach



Rainbow Dash is in heat and her Wonderbolts acceptance ceremony is tonight! What will she do?

  • ...
12
 197
 6,798

The Dream.

Rainbow Dash felt herself in a vast, dark space with just enough light for her to make out her own features. Everything else was the darkest shade of black possible; It was like one solid, amorphous substance that seemed to absorb all light like a sponge to water with nothing even resembling a floor, a sky, a ceiling, ground, up, down, left, right or location. It felt like she was in the basement of the universe itself. A cold, bone-chilling wind heralded the spine-rattling shivers that wracked Dash's body like a lash. As her pupils widened to their very limit to drink in whatever little drop of light there was, she felt her heart freeze once she noticed her surroundings: A dirty, food-stained apron smothered the front of her body, covering her foal-swollen stomach with two singed oven mitts covering her front hooves. Surrounding her were seven giddy, rambunctious kids happily galloping around a toy-strewn living room and playing with whatever they could get their hooves on. In spite of their loud, cheerful clamoring, she somehow managed to clearly hear the approving comments of her mom and dad sitting on the couch to her left dressed as a stereotypical 1950's American couple.

"We sure are proud of our little Rainbow Dash!" Her father said enthusiastically. "I'm sure that a strong, feisty mare like you would make a great wife for a handsome stallion and a proud mother of his children!" Rainbow couldn't believe her ears; Dad was always supporting and understanding of who she was and what she was good at, he'd never say anything like that!

"Your father's right, Dashie!" Her mother chimed. "The Wonderbolts are great for a weekend of amusement, but the best future for you is to help raise the next generation of Pegasi to fly farther and faster than everypony before them! Mares like you and I were born with wombs and lady parts, so why not use those to start a nice, happy family?" That was not Rainbow Dash's mom at all! She knew damn well how much of an independent woman that Mom was, so why on Earth was she saying this? What's going on?! Dash was wide-eyed in shock and disbelief from hearing them say such sexist things. She opened her mouth to shout out her protests, but not a single sound was forced out; It was as if she was in the vacuum of space.

Barely a second after her futile attempts at expressing her discontent, she felt herself flying backwards across the floor, pulled by a cold iron cuff shackled to her left hind leg and connected to a long black chain. Cruelly dragged against the carpeting back into the murky blackness with enough force to dislocate her kneecap, Rainbow Dash now found herself held aloft in the hoof of an ugly, slovenly stallion nearly three times her height and size. She instantly knew this to be her husband - unloved and unlovable, staring into her sad eyes with his own hate-filled pair.

"Yew thank yew kin jus' trot off and munch carpet with some smelly dyke, yew dirty, lyin', cheatin' whore?!" Barked her "husband" in the harshest, phlegm-choked roar of a voice, which was loud enough to have the force of an F5 tornado. If Dash wasn't held upside down by a hoofcuff and chain, she'd be on the floor trembling and begging for mercy. What did she do to deserve any of this abuse? Trapped in a loveless relationship, knocked up with foals she never wanted and married to a stallion that nopony could ever like or love - surely, this could not be real!

"Lemme rimmand yew of yer place as a mare, alrat?" The brute growled in Dash's face. The rank stench of chewing tobacco and cheap whiskey from his mouth made Rainbow want to retch. "Yer s'posed t'be cookin', cleanin', sweepin' an' screwin' fer yer stallion, NOT fer some slutty mare y'met in some rinky-dink air show! IT AIN'T NATCH'URL!! Now git yer plot back in the kitchen and cook me my dinner BEEFUR AH GIT REAL ANGRY AND GIT OUT MAH BELT AN' WHALE ON YER SORRY ARSE!!!"

Rainbow Dash felt her heart shatter like a wine glass on concrete as tears streamed down her dirt-stained face. Why was this happening? Who was this veiny-necked monstrosity and how could he even find a mare that would marry him? It didn't matter if the couple was gay, straight or lesbian - nopony should ever treat their spouse, or anypony for that matter, in such an evil way and she damn well knew it! This was always a deep, hidden fear of Rainbow Dash: that she would be thrust into a cold, loveless marriage and kept far away from all the friends and folks in Ponyville that she was so loyal to, never to be seen again, save for her distant dreams. The idea that this kind of abuse even existed in Equestria was nearly impossible for Dash to even comprehend. Was this not a land of love and tolerance? Was this not an oasis of hope in a cold, dangerous world? If it ever was, then it would've been all a complete lie.

Her ogre-like husband was slowly raising a cold hoof right above her, preparing to smack poor Rainbow Dash into next century with a colossal punch that, given the size ratio between the Pegasus and the oversized hoof, would surely kill her instantly. She gulped hard, silently saying her final goodbyes to everything she ever loved as she knew that death was more than imminent. Rainbow Dash would have woken up from this nightmare in a cold sweat and screaming bloody murder were it not for what happened next.

Just as the cruel hoof started its one-way trajectory towards her face, Rainbow Dash felt her senses shattered by a sudden, space-rending Sonic Rainboom; its bright, blazing waves of color penetrating every imaginable spectrum of perception. Closing her eyes from the stabbing brightness of its supernatural glow, Dash assumed that this was the end of the road for her and she'd then spend the rest of eternity plucking a harp on a cloud with a florescent hula-hoop floating above her head.

Once she felt the light no longer pressing against her eyelids, she opened her eyes and found nothing but darkness, save for her own body. She felt no pain, her coat was clean, her apron was gone and she was no longer pregnant. Before she could react to her sudden revelation, she noticed a brilliant, golden light shining behind her. It was warm. Very warm. As if she was sunbathing on the beach during a summer's day. Daring to look over her shoulder, Rainbow Dash felt her jaw drop as she discovered the source of the light, the heat and the Sonic Rainboom: A big, brilliant blossom of golden light rimmed with dancing vermillion flames like a grand, cosmic Marigold; Each ribbony beam of light looked like it was made of hair-thin goldleaf. Celestia herself would be jealous of such a grand display! Soft shades of baby pink began to bloom along coronas of unfurling white lights, bringing with them flurries of holographic rose petals and a powerful smell of Lavender. The entire scene was utterly magical - Rainbow's brain could not believe the signals its eyes sent to it, let alone comprehend their stunning visual beauty. All of this would've overloaded poor Rainbow Dash's senses were it not for a golden, graceful shape that came into view through the very eye of this storm of light and beauty; Distant at first, then as its blurry contours shrank and lines became clearer, the look on Dash's face said everything about what it really was...

...That infernal beauty herself: Spitfire.

Rainbow Dash felt her heart swell full to bursting and her soul soar with admiration upon seeing the ethereal mare at her very zenith of beauty. The coat that enveloped her toned, athletic body looked like its every hair was spun from goldleaf, shimmering with the slightest bloom of light. Her mane and tail blazed a vibrant shade of orange, lush and alive like the very fire it emulated, helping highlight the flaming thunderbolt that was her cutie mark. Outstretched wings revealed golden, dagger-vaned feathers, mirror-like in their luster that bent and swayed with the slightest twitch and current. And her face: a softly-shaped muzzle, sultry amber eyes and a gentle, yet seductive smile adorning her visage. One look upon that face and Rainbow Dash's heart was aflutter, amorous heat filling her entire body.

Like a hawk diving towards its hapless prey, Spitfire spread her wings to slow her descent before deftly snatching Rainbow Dash off her hooves, cradling her in her arms like an infant, yet staring into her eyes hungrily with lustful intent. The yellow mare flew off with her mate in a tight embrace, flying off to take them both to a far-off land unknown. Aligning their erect wings together like a biplane, the two Pegasi had not a single idea nor care about where they were going, both knowing that it would a place where they could be together forever. Blushing and smiling like a bashful schoolgirl, Dash turned her head away from Spitfire's, finding her beauty too much to take in one sitting. Amused by her partner's shyness, Spitfire leaned her head forward by only a few inches, placing her mouth right in front of Rainbow's ear. A sultry voice whispered erotic secrets from her mouth followed by a blow of hot breath into Rainbow Dash's ear forced drawn-out moans of pleasure from the cyan mare's muzzle.

Powered by the forces of mutual desire, Rainbow Dash's muzzle turned towards Spitfire's lips for a kiss, mouths connecting like magnets. They both felt their memories decaying; Ponyville, The Wonderbolts, Pinkie Pie, Twilight Sparkle, Applejack, Rarity, Fluttershy, Spike, Celestia, Luna, The Elements of Harmony and all of Equestria were forgotten - leaving only the searing heat of love for another remain in the minds of Spitfire and Rainbow Dash. Separating from each others lips for air, the two gazed into each others eyes, their bodies floating on ethereal currents - ready and willing to perform that ancient, timeless ritual and cling to another in primal rapture, intoxicated by their ecstasy.

Spitfire leaned towards Dash's face and whispered: "I'm..."

Her next words were lost - sucked out of the air by a bright, white light that came from everywhere and grew to envelope everything. Rainbow Dash, lost and bewildered by this turn of events, found herself alone again in this blinding white void; cast into a sea of sobriety and clarity. She then found herself in a familiar place; a room filled with billowing white shapes, soft shades of lavender and deep purple contrasted by portals of hazy orange light...


As if activated by the blazing orange ray of sunlight rolling over its lumpy, grid-quilted surface, the down comforter atop Rarity's guest room bed began to sluggishly come to life, writhing clumsily around from one-hundred pounds of groggy blue Pegasus inside. After having fallen asleep from Derpy's long-winded story and the steamy embrace of hot bath water, Rarity had pulled Dash out of the tub and dried her off before levitating the hormone-wracked mare into the boutique's guest bed and herself into her own bed with Big Macintosh. Gently disturbed by the distinct glow of the setting sun and muzzle-first into the crisp smell of fresh linens, Rainbow Dash's eyes slowly fluttered open, still mentally replaying that wonderful dream from last night. She had to do that if she wanted to keep it fresh in her memory as she stared blankly out of the little slit of light between the covers and the sheets.

Groaning with more exasperation than exhaustion, Dash dangled her hind legs over the edge of the bed and lazily looked at the clock. Her eyes jolted wide open in shock by what she found.

"4:26 PM?!" Cried Rainbow Dash. "Oh holy crap, I've been sleeping for two hours and the party is only three hours away!" The cyan mare panicked, running towards the bedroom door and opening it to find Rarity standing before her, clad in a wrinkled white bathrobe. "ACK!! Rarity!?" She shrieked in surprise.

Rarity jumped a bit, taken by surprise herself. "Oh! Good heavens, Rainbow Dash, I was just about to wake you up!" The refined Unicorn said. "I was worried you might sleep in too long and miss your big night! But not to worry, Rainbow, you still have plenty of time to get ready."

"Gee, thanks..." Rainbow Dash replied nervously. "Umm...where's Derpy and Big Macintosh?"

"Derpy and Big Mac?" Said Rarity. "Oh, Derpy left an hour ago and Big Macintosh is still in my bed. Oh, that stallion truly knows how to treat a mare..." She swooned, remembering their time together a couple hours ago.

"Yeah, I'm sure he does..." Dash said, her face contorting into a squeamish cringe.

"As if to say there's any doubt about that hunk?" Scoffed Rarity, somewhat offended. "Why, I can hardly fathom why anypony would doubt a gentlecolt like Big Macintosh's skill with the mares! His handsome face, those dreamy eyes, his humble demeanor, his thick, farm-toned muscles..." Rarity's voice began to shift its pitch into a lustful growl. Rainbow Dash was looking clearly uncomfortable. "...Those strong-yet-gentle hooves, that crimson complexion, his immense...Well, I can't really say that word in polite company, now can I, darling?" Rarity fanned herself with one hoof, her face redder than a beetroot. "Oh how unlady-like of me!"

Rainbow Dash smiled nervously, forcing a chuckle. "Heheh, yeah...He's a real dreamboat, I'm sure..."

"That's putting it mildly!" Quipped Rarity. "Oh, but I do ramble, don't I? Come downstairs, Rainbow Dash, I've got your dress cleaned and ready for the party..." Rarity cantered down the nearby flight of stairs past her room with Rainbow Dash cautiously trotting behind her. The noise from their hooves hitting each step did little to disturb Big Macintosh, eliciting only a twitch of the ear and a slight stir from the snoozing farmpony.

Turning around the corner into the front hall, Rarity pointed out for her spectrum-maned friend the dressmaker's dummy in the middle of the room, clad in an all-too-familiar dress.

"Remember this beauty?" Said Rarity to a very nervous Rainbow Dash. "Of course you do, it's your dress from the Grand Galloping Gala two years ago! Out of all of my creations, I must say that it is my magnum opus, don't you agree?"

"Yeah, of course...it is..." Said Rainbow, feigning enthusiasm. Although in reality, she absolutely loved the dress, but after the disastrous events of the Gala, it bore the shadow of her initially crushed hope of meeting with the Wonderbolts. The fact that her initiation party into the group was a mere 160 minutes away, this only intensified the veiled stigma it bore.

"Oh cheer up, we all know that Rainbow Dash dresses in style, darling!" Rarity chimed, sensing her nervousness. After realizing that her comment did little to lift Rainbow's spirits, Rarity began to understand that there was something more to Dash than simple anticipation-induced anxiety. "Is something wrong, Rainbow?" She asked.

Struggling to come up with the words she needed to properly describe her hormonal predicament, Dash pawed at the ground nervously until a slow, but noticeable wave of courage washed over her upon realizing that she's gone through this situation more than a couple times today without a hitch.

"Umm...Rarity?" Squeaked Dash, her voice cracking a bit from stress. "Do you know of anything that can help um...a filly in heat? Because...I'm...I'm kind of going through a bit of heat right now and I could really use some help..." Rainbow cringed after those last few words were uttered, fearing (yet somewhat hoping) that such a question would result in an intimate encounter.

"In heat, you say?" Rarity said. "Oh, that's quite easy, darling... You see, if you want to get a little control over your hormones, there's a discreet and easy way to get things under control."

"Please don't let it be sex, please don't let it be sex, please don't let it be sex..." Rainbow Dash thought, sweating nervously.

"You see, it's this little...marble that gets put into your...um...marehood...that, and I'm still not sure how it works exactly, keeps your hormones under control." Rarity said, blushing from trying to describe how the contraceptive worked in the most decent way possible. "But you can't just...insert it yourself, though. You need a gynecologist to do so, otherwise you may end up getting an infection. It may sound intrusive, but they are professionals and it is worth the trouble. After all, a healthy sex life is a happy sex life, right Rainbow Dash?"

Dash was blushing very hard, her face was almost literally glowing red. Keeping her hormones locked up like this was getting harder and harder to the point where every mention of the word "sex" made her feel sick to her stomach; It was like there was a caged beast thrashing about inside her and each pound of its claws bent the bars of its prison further outwards. It may be a fifteen-minute walk to the hospital, it may be difficult to talk about such private things in such a fierce estrus and it may be painful to go through all that trouble to get it, but a calm mind and a cool head would be well worth the effort from getting an IUD.

Rainbow Dash took a deep lungful of air, a hard gulp and a heavy sigh. "Right, Rarity." She said, calming herself down a bit, taking care not to stare too deeply into her eyes, which reminded her way too much of Spitfire's. "I'll...see what I can do about that."

"Say, um...out of curiosity, why did you pick my old dress from the Gala for tonight's party?" Asked Rainbow Dash.

"Why did I?" Replied Rarity. "Oh-ho, no I didn't pick it out, actually. It was Spitfire's idea."

"S-s-s-Spitfire?!" Cried Dash, her face heating up to the point of near-steaming.

"Why yes, it was her idea. She thought it looked so good on you, she insisted that you wear it again. That's not a problem for you, is it Dash?"

"No! Nope, not at all! There is nooooo problem I have with that."

"Are you sure about that?" Rarity began to become a bit suspicious of her friend's odd behavior. She was in an intense heat and all, but there was something about her and Spitfire that made her heart pound. If she didn't know any better, she'd think that Rainbow Dash was a lesbian! "You're acting a little...weird today. Something going on between you and Spitfire?"

"Nope! Not at all!" Dash replied, echoing her previous response.

She...She asked for Rarity to wear that dress?! She thought to herself. W-why would she even go out of her way to make that request? She couldn't possibly have a crush on me, could she?! Why me of all Ponies? Why am I even treating that like a bad thing, she's my hero for crying out loud! And how can even I hear myself talking when my lips aren't moving and I'm not actually hearing it?!

"Yoo-hoo...! You alright, darling?" Rarity called out, waving a hoof in front of the Pegasi's thousand-yard stare. "Oh Rarity to Rainbow Dash, come in, please!"

An awkward silence filled the air for what seemed like an eternity between the two, both mares waiting for each other's next response.

"Well...I'm off to the hospital and I'll be back to pick up the dress. Gotta dash!" And with that catchphrase, Rainbow Dash sped off like a rocket, leaving a small trail of flame behind here. Rarity couldn't help but stare, sensing something very suspicious about the athletic Pegasus.

"Something's...odd about Rainbow Dash today." Rarity said to herself. "But oh well, I'm sure she knows what she's doing and that this is probably just some wacky phase she's going through." The unicorn then moved on to more pressing matters, namely preparing for the upcoming party.

"Now where did I put that other dress..."