• Published 27th Aug 2012
  • 6,798 Views, 197 Comments

Over The Rainbow - Kwisatz-Haderach



Rainbow Dash is in heat and her Wonderbolts acceptance ceremony is tonight! What will she do?

  • ...
12
 197
 6,798

Dear Princess Celestia.


"Dear Princess Celestia,

Tonight I learned that you must never be ashamed of being gay, straight or bisexual, and that to bottle all of those emotions and feelings up inside of you because you're scared of how others will treat you, will only serve to hurt you terribly, as today's little...'incident' had proved. I've always been afraid of being in love, fearing that it will only bring you pain and heartbreak. And while it is true that love never went smoothly and that there will always be those uncool times of hardship, the rewards of being in a mutual relationship with somepony you admire will always outweigh its setback. Especially when that special somepony just so happens to be the coolest pony in Equestria: Spitfire.

After all, isn't love supposed to be what makes the world go 'round?

Your faithful student,

Rainbow Dash."

Hunched up in the covers of her bed with Tank happily snoozing away in his own, Dash rolled up her letter and wrapped it with a little strand of twine before tossing it into the alcove of a special, enchanted fireplace she bought a few months back, where it was quickly incinerated by a bright, brief plume of green fire, later materializing in the royal chamber of Princess Celestia herself. Sighing contently as she let her head melt into the plushness of her pillow, Rainbow Dash marveled at how a mare like herself could make it through so much emotional strife and suffering, only to find out that her own idol: Spitfire, Captain of The Wonderbolts, would have a crush on her as well. But was it all worth it? Was the simple knowledge that her hero admired her back the right reward for the price of nearly losing her sanity, her dreams and her almost flawless reputation all in a single day?

"Totally worth it..." She muttered to herself.

Saying her goodnights to her pet tortoise and plunging the room into total darkness with but a clop of her hooves, Rainbow Dash let out a blissful sigh of relief as her hooves still had one more thing to do before sliding into the abyss of dreamland, where the smooth, creamy nocturnal visions of a certain yellow mare was waiting for her with a wink and a smile...

"Spitfire..."

THE END.

CREDITS


Written by

Kwisatz-Haderach

Edited by

Kwisatz-Haderach

Voices

Tara Strong - Twilight Sparkle

Ashleigh Ball - Rainbow Dash, Applejack

Tabitha St. Germain - Rarity, Cherry Berry, Princess Luna

Andrea Libman - Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Derpy Hooves

Nicole Oliver - Princess Celestia, Nurse Redheart

Peter New - Big Macintosh

Andrew Francis - Shining Armor, Meadow Song

Scott McNeil - Dr. Stable, Guardsman

Marikye Hendrikse - Spitfire

Matt Hill - Soarin'

All of the above - Additional Voices

Special Thanks

BigMacDavis
TwilightClopple
Proteus-92
Enlistedpony
Andrew J. Talon
Primalcorn1
Scorpan
Hiroiyuki Imaishi
Lauren Faust

And YOU!

Comments ( 34 )

Rainbow Dash let out a blissful sigh of relief as her hooves still had one more thing to do
th01.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2011/303/d/f/rainbow_dash___oh_you_by_cptofthefriendship-d4ehd8r.png

I loved this story so much! :heart::heart::pinkiehappy::heart::heart:

1528938

Really? What did you love so much about it?

1529008

I haven't really seen all that many SpitxDash stories and that ship has always been one of my favorites and plus I loved the fact Rainbow Dash finally got to be a Wonderbolt it was also very well written in my opinion .

1529036

Any parts that were your favorite?

1529134

Probably the party scene and the little moment Rainbow Dash and Spitfire had at the end there,

1534898

"I don't know why I'm mentioning this, it's just something I noticed about this story that really worked."

Really? Explain, please...

1535684 Thanks again! The biggest challenge for me, though, was trying to make Spitfire look perfect in the eyes of Rainbow Dash without turning her into a Mary Sue. So I decided to make her a bit...impish when she's socializing with ol' Dashie... Additionally, in my headcanon, she is not a morning pony at all, possessing a very fierce temper at times. She's also the voice of reason for Soarin', who can get a little overboard sometimes when having fun.

1548335

Thanks! Can you give me a bit of a review on it?

1548349 i enjoyed the way you put so much detail for everything happening in the story and how this story is so beautifully written you must put alot of work for each chapter. I enjoyed it very much and i can say that is one of the better spitdash stories that are out.
Hopefully if you make a sequel that their relationship really starts to improve and everything goes good Plus twists and bumps in the road to give the story a good twist. Keep up the good work you have my vote I will be sure to direct my brony friends to this story.:rainbowkiss:

1650659

You're right, good sir. And don't apologize, I love it when people pay close attention to details...:pinkiesmile:

1650670

Like I said: attention to detail. :3

1654335

I await your further reviews. :3

Certainly not the ending I was expecting, what with them both being polyamorous and what not. But by no means did I not enjoy it. At some points it did seem a little convenient and the dialogue was once again, at some points, a little awkward. But there's always room for improvement no matter who you are, I certainly look forward to seeing more from you. All in all, a fantastic read :rainbowkiss:

1654938

Thanks. What do you think of Hybrid Rainbow, though? It's been getting quite a few downvotes and I'm worried that I really goofed up somehow...

1655020

Thank you so much! I eagerly await your final review! I also really want to discuss plans for the sequel, considering that Hybrid Rainbow isn't...doing so well.

1703832

Spooky. Tell me what you thought about Boiling Point, if not the whole story!

1665379 He's got that Honky-Tonk Badonkapronk. :eeyup:

1661856 Yep, that was intentional. Oh, and her middle name refers to Sabrina Alberghetti, one of the storyboard artists for MLP. She's fun.

1705736

Because she's awesome, that's why!

Also, because I feel like spoiling you guys, Hybrid Rainbow is only the second story in this series. The third and final fic is going to be the single greatest troll-crack-clip fic the world has ever known...

Just out of curiosity and the fact that no one has brought this up to me yet, what do you think of the idea of Spitfire putting on weight in the sequel? Cute? Weird? Funny?

1705967

That's a possibility. Although for me, the idea of Rainbow Dash cuddling up with a super-sized Spitfire is just too cute. But I'll see what I can do...

As for trilogies, three time's the charm, I guess!

1709878 that was intentional, actually.

Ok. So I found one thing that got me here (aside from whatever I said before)


Since when is Rainbow her student? :rainbowhuh:

2013538

Have you read the rest of it?

After a couple hours of reading I am done! I found this to have some of the best and most well thought out grammar displayed in any fimfic. I like the way you had the conversation go between Spitfire and Dash at the end of chapter 14. You could have made that go in an incredibly large number of ways. Now, I am looking forward to you finishing finishing "Hybrid-Rainbow". I hope that it comes along well and I look forward to reading more from you. Quick question, how long are you thinking on making "Hybrid-Rainbow"?

2164135

Really? Why thank you so much! What else did you like about the story? Any favorite parts or lines?

2253959
Well, I found that the time with the Wonderbolts before the speech, when they were eating, to be one of my favorite parts. I really enjoyed how Spitfire was messing with Dash. A favorite funny little line would have to be “The Amulet of Not-Being-So-Horny”. To tell the truth, I have forgotten a bit about what happened in this story because since then I have probably read another 70 or so stories.

2527948 Thank you so very much!

Please let me know of other things you like later in the story! Trust me - It's gonna have a lot of laughs and a LOT of feels...

2590671
This again? Maybe it is you that is everywhere?:trixieshiftright:

2594971
Eh, maybe. Nice seein' ya.

Seriously? THAT'S the end? where the buck is the hot sex between rd and spitfire?! I STAYED UP TILL 3 IN THE BUCKING MORNING READING THIS WHEN I HAVE SCHOOL IN THE MORNING, JUST TO FIND OUT THERE'S NO BUCKING HOT STEAMY RAINBOWFIRE ORGY!?!??!?!??!?! FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Login or register to comment